Best OFFLINE game: PES6 or PES2009?

Which game is best OFFLINE?

• Total voters

Morientes

Conference
30 October 2006
I would like peoples opinions on which of these two games are best offline. We all know that online sucks in 2009 but are people enjoying it offline?

Personally I probably think PES6 but I am not sure because maybe I don't know PES2009 enough...

PES 2009 by a billion miles. PES6, while great at the time, has really shown its age. I am constantly challenged on Top Player on 2009, but I could go weeks without losing a game of PES6. The AI was woeful at constructing an attack, and I could slice open its defence with my eyes closed. If you vote for PES6, I guess you're just not very good at it.

first time I played 2009 I was offended by how easy it was to score goals. what are these people talking about it being hard?

Last edited:
PES 2009 by a billion miles. PES6, while great at the time, has really shown its age. I am constantly challenged on Top Player on 2009, but I could go weeks without losing a game of PES6. The AI was woeful at constructing an attack, and I could slice open its defence with my eyes closed. If you vote for PES6, I guess you're just not very good at it.

I agree, pes6 was great but really too easy, on pes2009 i have to be carefull even with small teams.

PES6 was too easy, but it's still the one that has the best gameplay in my opinion.. We use PES6 or even PES5 to play tournaments among us friends (purely offline) and never get bored either of PES5 or of PES6..

PES2008 lasted more or less until Christmas then got dropped, PES2009 is going to end up more or less the same way.

PES5 > PES3 > PES6 > PES4 > PES09 > PES08

I'd still play PES3/5/6 now occasionally for a bit of fun, years after their releases, but I won't go anywhere near PES 09 after just a few months.

PES 09 really is a woeful game, very poorly made and although a step forward from PES 08, it's miles behind the likes of PES3, PES5 and PES6 regarding the match engine in terms of how fun multiplayer is (as single player has always been repetitive and boring in PES for me).

pes6 forever ...the dribbling in pes09 is ridiculous and if you have a fast player, such as ronaldo ..you have already won. I'm talking of PC and Console versions ...PS2 version ..rocks instead!

Seems most people who write here prefers PES6.
Yet I can see that PES2009 is leading a bit in the poll.
Can anyone else of the people voting for PES2009 explain why?

The "old" Pes (pes3-6) is a game absolutely brilliant, with realism and fun. It simply has the "feeling"....
The "new" pes (08 and 09) is just a "next gen" effort, which still needs work and time. Its realism is superficial. You can see detailed grass, players, stadiums etc and that's it. When you start a game, you realise that it is still very far from real football. For me, it is like watching marionettes playing football....
Like others said, pes6 is much better, but nothing can be compared to the king, Pes5.

Hm, given the current results in the poll, it might look like it is a matter of preference which game people prefer. Thus, none of the games can be called "bad" offline.

I actually find the result somewhat strange. Is is almost 50/50 which game people prefer.
I wonder, what are the key differences between the two games?
Is there maybe some feature or game mechanic that some prefer and some don't?

first time I played 2009 I was offended by how easy it was to score goals. what are these people talking about it being hard?

Not really first time. First time for me was in demo and i found it hard to score. Now i'm scoring so easily in exhibition mode. I still like in the competetive modes though.

PES 2009 In PC Is Easy but in ps2 psp is challenging.... pes 6 is old and gameplay still the best in the pes series... but its so easy.....

Pes 2009 Wins for Graphics [Obviously]
PES 6 Wins For Online
PES 2009 Wins For Gameplay to me
09 WINS for me....

i go for pes 2009,i love pes 6 lot,i used to play 2 years maybe million of times but its really boring now..pes 2009 looks like better to me...

If I had to choose between them, I'd go with PES6
Graphic-wise, PES09 obviously surpass PES6. But with some proper custom patches and kits, you can significantly shorten the gap between them.
Gameplay-wise, I feel Pes6 is superior in many aspects (although it still has way too many quirks). The AI in Pes6 is somewhat more unpredictable which feels more humanlike when playing with. In Pes09, gameplay with the computer feels very scripted (for me). Like for example, computer players in Professional and Top Player level will ALWAYS react to feint shots (square-X) whereas computer on Normal mode will not so much as moving their feet when you do a feint shot. It does not have the randomness of PES6 where their reaction to feint shots are a little more random on highest difficulty.
Another aspect that feels scripted is the rate of accuracy of overhead passes and free kicks made by computers on Top Player is ridiculously high. They are able to consistently score FK goals using players with very low skills.
Last but not least, like someone mentioned before, if you have a player with high Speed and Technique skills (C. Ronaldo is the prime example), it is possible to dribble through the entire defence of the opponent, even on Top Player.
Of course, PES6 also has many annoying quirks, but overall, I like PES6 better than any other versions (I started with PES4, before that I was a FIFA player)
Those were only my opinions of course.

Edit: PES09 made the list. Can't say I'm surprised, for the first time in a very long time, I'm considering going back to FIFA (PES6 doesn't run on my Vista)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom