Beijing 2008

Just pre-ordered it on amazon for £32.99 with vouchers :D

Love these games, as I am awesome on them. Hope many of you get it so I can kick your ass :D

I might get this - I had one on the master system and I played it forever. I really don't know why I didn't get anymore after that.

I think it was because they were shit?

If this gets good reviews and peoples opinions are good - I might get it :DD

I might get this - I had one on the master system and I played it forever. I really don't know why I didn't get anymore after that.

I think it was because they were shit?
Ding ding!

I love showing how strong I am by hammering a button as quickly as I can... :eh:

The winter olympics games were good, but that was years ago. You could ski, bobsled, all that kind of stuff. The proper olympic ones just give you RSI.

Well I have this pre-ordered at ShopTo now..I hope the gamble will pay off. From some of the previews I have heard it sounds like they have really come through with gameplay on this title, I'll have to wait and see though.

I let you guys know my impressions when I get it on the 26th.

Wow if you can play an whole olympic games online that would be cool. Dunno about the controler thought i use to rub my finger nail across the buttons on the PS pax for maximum speed.

:))

an Evo-web games would be awesome

i would win the 100 metres easily though ;))

i was just thinking, is the 360 pad gonna hold up in a button mashing game?

the PS2 pad got some hammering and lasted but i bet the 360 pads buttons fall off after a few go's :LOL:

Just ordered mine loved the last one on the ps2. My speed button mashing technique invloved using a tea towel or a pillow case :)

The game is broken into seven distinct categories: track, field, aquatics, gymnastics, shooting, other, and combined. Under track you'll find the requisite 100m, 200m, and 400m sprints, as well as 800m and 1500m distance running, and 100m and 110m hurdle events. With the exception of the hurdles--which are broken down by gender--the other races can be performed either as a male or female athlete. Field plays home to high jump, pole vault, long jump, triple jump, shot put, discus, hammer throw, and javelin. The gymnastics line-up includes parallel bars, vault, rings, floor exercise, beam, and the always hair-raising to watch uneven bars. The shooting category is the smallest, and is made up of shotgun skeet, 10m air pistols, and 25m rapid fire pistol events--the latter of which is the sporting equivalent of a stationary drive-by as paper targets whip past the player as you try to aim for high points. The "other" category features classic Olympic events such as archery, weightlifting +105kg, team pursuit cycling, K1 kayak singles, 81-90kg Judo, and singles table tennis. The combined category will let gamers tackle the male athletics decathlon, female heptathlon, or their choice of five, 10, or 20 random events.

Plenty of events there :))

Back
Top Bottom