Battlefield 3

Great :)

I'll get it sent tomorrow or the day after so you'll get it next week, PM me your address, I can send you a scan of the CD Key first so you can possibly play without it (no idea if the DVD is needed to run the game).

Sent, cheers.

I'll ask round to see if anyone has a copy of the game I can borrow to install as I'm sure you won't need the disc...

For those who think I didn't donate!
thank-you-EN.jpg

Awww what a cute doggy :)

Seems you can activate it via Origin and download from there, anyone else confirm that you can activate non-Origin purchased EA Games on there? :)

Any idea how I can play a game?

I've installed it through origin and when I click play it takes me to battlelog?

That's what mine does. Prob cos origin is logged in online, take it offline and it might load offline bf3.

Never tried it myself tho

I'm powering the Support class on this lately, something needed to be done about the idiots in tanks 24/7. They were becoming a little wise to the mine placements so I've now took to deploying C4 on the roadblocks on maps like Oman. Six C4s in a neat pile, then go high and read 'em the last rites. They don't seem to contemplate something being armed that's not on the road surface. Got over 300 kills with it this past week. On the Gulf Of Oman I took out two tanks & a jeep at the same time at the [C] capture point. Six players killed and a squad wipe ribbon too. Eat shit, tankers.

Also finding the L86 to be a neat gun when equipped with a bipod and extended mags. Works great fully auto at close range and in bursts at medium.

The game has it's downsides but I mainly play it now to play the objective and troll the trolls, eg. the vehicle whores.

I get a lot of kills with mines, some players actually look out for them (more of a challenge) whereas others are simply clueless and result in easy kills.

I do like laying down curve balls, lay down an obvious mine but one that sends them in a certain direction --> where your real mines is waiting for them.

Works with C4 too and is probably more satisfactory.

Think I'm gonna get premium.

So far it ain't worth it jay, at least in my opinion, I never play close quarters maps and barely play back to karkand maps.

Only good thing so far are the weapons, that I only use cause I want 500 kills dogtags for them all.

I'm hoping new maps and modes are gonna make it worth it.

I admire the attitude there sir. Curveballs indeed. Tried grenades behind where they're headed, and firing a few rounds from a side angle if I'm nearby too. Many a time they'll kill me whilst I watch on / jump up and down - and then roll over my mines. Classic.

Still do the odd bit of jihad jeeping. There's the stranded moments where you're stood out in the open and a jeep is storming your way. They never seem to notice the C4 you've placed just in front of you.

Finally, I team-killed last night when a speeding jeep I C4'd flew 10 metres down the highway and squashed a nearby team-mate. Never had that before!

This game is a fucking shambles, why anyone would pay for premium I have no idea. First everyone is glitching the MAVs, now I play the game for the first time in months and Operation Metro is full of arseholes doing some glitch where you get outside of the map and can run around the ceiling of the entire subway system. They can shoot you, you can't see or shoot them. Fucking ridiculous. Every time Dice fix some glitch that ruins the game, someone else finds another one. Do Dice even test their own games?

Ooh and add to that the fact that my entire game experience is now at the mercy of some anonymous member of the public, and I can't believe how poor it's become. In ten matches tonight, three of them I quit because people were shooting everyone from outside the map, two of them I got kicked for no apparent reason, and one game I played on the winning side in a match that lasted nearly an hour before the admin randomly killed me and switched me onto the losing team with about one minute of the game left. Seriously, you pay for a game and don't expect to see the game full of rampant cheating and other players having the power to just change teams or kick you for no reason. Fifty-five minutes working to win a match for my team and the admin just puts me on the losing team with sixty seconds of the game to play. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Do / did you play the small maps mainly or a mix? I never do, it's always Oman, Wake, Caspian, Karkand or Kharg and I encounter teamwork in most of the matches, no map glitchers and one bad admin every what, 50 servers?

Don't get me wrong, there's some fundamental problems with the game, some real pissers. And people, real people, play this game. Which is always going to provide the nobhead factor than game devs & publishers would rather slyly feed than poison. But to play on with a decent squad and / or mates, I haven't yet had a finer FPS experience on console as yet.

Do / did you play the small maps mainly or a mix? I never do, it's always Oman, Wake, Caspian, Karkand or Kharg and I encounter teamwork in most of the matches, no map glitchers and one bad admin every what, 50 servers?

Don't get me wrong, there's some fundamental problems with the game, some real pissers. And people, real people, play this game. Which is always going to provide the nobhead factor than game devs & publishers would rather slyly feed than poison. But to play on with a decent squad and / or mates, I haven't yet had a finer FPS experience on console as yet.

I rarely play open map unless I'm playing with people I know, otherwise it's just a presession of one team getting slaughtered by some people in vehicles. But you're right, playing larger maps, when done properly, is far superior.

On another note, I have the game on 360 but today tried it on my PS3 via a friend's copy, and oh my it's awful in comparison. Textures have tons of jaggies on PS3, and it somehow looks really rough in comparison. And the PS3 controller is awful with the game, truly terrible. On 360 I can just aim wherever I want, but for some reason the PS3 controller feels like you're swaying all over the place, on the same sensitivity settings. It's really horrible. Seeing someone right in front of me just sees me wildly firing all over the place.

I rarely play open map unless I'm playing with people I know, otherwise it's just a presession of one team getting slaughtered by some people in vehicles. But you're right, playing larger maps, when done properly, is far superior.

On another note, I have the game on 360 but today tried it on my PS3 via a friend's copy, and oh my it's awful in comparison. Textures have tons of jaggies on PS3, and it somehow looks really rough in comparison. And the PS3 controller is awful with the game, truly terrible. On 360 I can just aim wherever I want, but for some reason the PS3 controller feels like you're swaying all over the place, on the same sensitivity settings. It's really horrible. Seeing someone right in front of me just sees me wildly firing all over the place.
Yeah, multi-plat games often seem to get jibbed on all over when it comes to the PS3, heard it for so many. I don't even look at 360 footage and I don't have a mate with one either so I live a sheltered life! Aiming seems no worse than when in my COD era or on the Killzone games, but then the former was bodged to high heaven on PS3. There is an anti-aliasing option on the PS3 (and maybe 360), so not sure whether your mate's setting made a difference.

Going back to the map preferences, if this game didn't have those 5 maps I play on, the disc would have been seen to like Batman's back.

I'm having so much lag , it's crazy. I stood over an enemy player's spawn beacon, firing clip after clip from a foot away, with no hit marker, and eventually had to give up because the thing wouldn't explode. Shocking. I'm also amazed how, when I get shot from distance, it pretty much paralyses me before the second burst kills me, yet when I'm the one doing the shooting, the enemy player just runs thirty yards while repeatedly being hit, with hit markers, yet they are able to just run off. Today, I sneaked up behind a group of three enemy players, unloaded my clip into them, I got hit markers, but none of them died. I had to reload and during that time one of them dropped me with two pistol bullets. I unloaded an entire AN-97 clip from three feet away while they were crouched, in the back, and nothing. Somehow they all lived and I got shot.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the scoring system is totally fucked. If someone shoots you, it's one kill to them. Then, if someone revives you, but the same player shoots you again but BEFORE you have a chance to accept or decline the revive, it goes onto their total anyways, and goes onto their personal score tally versus you. Some guy today scored two nemesis pins against me by repeatedly shooting me when I was being revived, but before I could select to do anything. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm also confused by the support guns. They seem über powerful when I get shot by them, but I tried them today and they're awful. I hit a guy with eight, yes eight, short bursts from my support gun, and he whizzed two bullets in reply which dropped me again. Other times, I'll lie down, get the bipod out, fire into a crowd of enemy players and they all just bugger off. They're large, loud, but are like pea shooters.

Dunno, some of the lag is awful. My connection is fine, all other games work just fine, but all of a sudden this seems totally broken. I mean not being able to shoot a beacon from point blank range until I just gave up and left it there is pretty bad.

New patch released yet the audio issue still hasn't been fixed.

Back
Top Bottom