Battlefield 3

Does anyone know why the likes of Sharqi just seem to have completely disappeared off the servers?

You might still get it or Karkand occasionally in rotation but whenever you search for them on the server list there are no matches?

It's a shame because apart from Oman, the other levels are shite.

No way in hell am I paying for premium or Armoured Kill or whatever the hell else there is to rape your wallet. Only real reason to go on it nowadays is to dick about pissing people off with ridiculous kills and have an occasional sniper war (much worse than Bad Company 2 because the shooting is so crap on this).

Hadn't played BC2 in a long time because it died on it's arse but went on the other day and it's still a million times better.

I've come across Sharqi a few times recently, mainly Rush though.

There is another map that I haven't seen for months but I can't remember the name of it.

Yeah I'll be bolloxed if I'm getting Armoured Kill, I basically never venture into vehicles because every game is full of people absolutely amazing in them. Get in a tank, I get instantly blown up by machine gun fire off a jet or chopper. Get in a jet or chopper, almost instantly get locked on and blown out of the sky by someone who has spent a million times longer in vehicles and with massively better vehicle upgrades than you have. It's a waste of time. All Armoured Kill will have is every jet or chopper whore in the entire game converging into one map, rendering it utterly useless for the rest of us.

Oh, and I just don't get the machine gun on the jets. If I'm in a tank, all it seems to take a jet is one small burst of fire from one pass and my tank instantly blows up. Yet, just now, somehow I hit a tank directly with several long, sustained bursts of fire, and it was still standing. I flew over a second and third time, and still nothing. What the fuck.

I had a go on this with my mates tonight, for some reason the lag was absolutely terrible. I particularly enjoyed it when some guy came slowly crawling out on all fours from a doorway, from about 15 feet away I sniped him full on in the face. Did it kill him? Of course not! He just one shot killed me with a pistol. Wow!

I also enjoyed seeing a guy half the map away, I lined up a shot, opened fire, then I suddenly drop dead having heard a sniper shot. Odd, I thought, as through my scope I didn't even see him raise his gun, let alone snipe me. I then notice that he also not only didn't need to aim but also one shot killed me with a shotgun from about half a mile away, and it sounded like a sniper shot. Brilliant!

I also enjoyed seeing myself pump 100 bullets into a guy's back as he was shooting at someone else, and he just turned and shot me with one round while i was reloading a support gun. I look on his screen, and despite taking 100 bullets he's apparently still on 100% health. Awesome!

I also particularly enjoyed it when I started shooting at some guy from around 10 feet away, it seemingly did nothing, then I dropped dead randomly with it saying he killed me by knifing me. Lovely stuff.

I laughed when I got killed by a grenade from when I was standing miles away from it, yet my friend was almost totally unscathed despite the fact that he was pretty much training on top of it. Magic.

Lastly, I also enjoyed the Metro CQ match where some bright spark decided they should be 2000 tickets and then one team got pinned back right into their spawn area inside the tunnel. The game then consisted of nearly every single player on both teams jammed into one corridoor spamming grenades, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers down one single corridor, with everyone jammed so tightly you couldn't move. That's the old Battlefield I knew and loved all right, an entire game series based on open world maps condensed into 16 players firing rockets at each other down a 20ft corridoor. Smashing.

I desperately want there to be some other good online shooters around, but there's absolutely nothing. EA and Activision have seen to that. I could hope that any DLC will help return Battlefield to what it was before, but nope, Close Quarters is for COD style play, and Armoured Kill is exclusively for vehicles. No-one will be on foot.

:(

Last edited:
I had a go on this with my mates tonight, for some reason the lag was absolutely terrible. I particularly enjoyed it when some guy came slowly crawling out on all fours from a doorway, from about 15 feet away I sniped him full on in the face. Did it kill him? Of course not! He just one shot killed me with a pistol. Wow!

I also enjoyed seeing a guy half the map away, I lined up a shot, opened fire, then I suddenly drop dead having heard a sniper shot. Odd, I thought, as through my scope I didn't even see him raise his gun, let alone snipe me. I then notice that he also not only didn't need to aim but also one shot killed me with a shotgun from about half a mile away, and it sounded like a sniper shot. Brilliant!

I also enjoyed seeing myself pump 100 bullets into a guy's back as he was shooting at someone else, and he just turned and shot me with one round while i was reloading a support gun. I look on his screen, and despite taking 100 bullets he's apparently still on 100% health. Awesome!

I also particularly enjoyed it when I started shooting at some guy from around 10 feet away, it seemingly did nothing, then I dropped dead randomly with it saying he killed me by knifing me. Lovely stuff.

I laughed when I got killed by a grenade from when I was standing miles away from it, yet my friend was almost totally unscathed despite the fact that he was pretty much training on top of it. Magic.

Lastly, I also enjoyed the Metro CQ match where some bright spark decided they should be 2000 tickets and then one team got pinned back right into their spawn area inside the tunnel. The game then consisted of nearly every single player on both teams jammed into one corridoor spamming grenades, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers down one single corridor, with everyone jammed so tightly you couldn't move. That's the old Battlefield I knew and loved all right, an entire game series based on open world maps condensed into 16 players firing rockets at each other down a 20ft corridoor. Smashing.

I desperately want there to be some other good online shooters around, but there's absolutely nothing. EA and Activision have seen to that. I could hope that any DLC will help return Battlefield to what it was before, but nope, Close Quarters is for COD style play, and Armoured Kill is exclusively for vehicles. No-one will be on foot.

:(

You're really enjoying this, I can tell.

I particularly enjoyed it when some guy came slowly crawling out on all fours from a doorway, from about 15 feet away I sniped him full on in the face. Did it kill him? Of course not! He just one shot killed me with a pistol. Wow!

That'll teach you to bring a sniper rifle to a pistol fight!

Last edited:
Enjoying Armored Kill. It can be fiendish at times, but the maps are great. Plenty of hardcore chopper pilots maneuvering their crafts like a ballet dancer and the Gunship can be useful. Sometimes you'll see it taken down within 30 seconds by a vigilant opposition, but on occasions it can help turn a match around and clear the airspace of enemies.

Had some terrible kill death ratios but some great objective scores. Plus whilst being on foot (with maybe a quad ride or two), you can still dominate if using Engineer or Support. Mines are so useful especially on Alborz Mountain. A few times now I've won MVP with over 30 kills from on foot and with explosives. It can work but you have to adapt.

What the fuck is wrong with jet machine guns in this? I'm repeatedly being blown up by less than one seconds worth of machine gun fire from another jet but whenever I absolutely hammer my machine gun into a jet it does absolutely fuck all. Nothing. One guy, I smacked him with five seconds of constant fire, turned round, did it again, then he hit me with one tiny burst and I instantly blew up with no warning.

What's wrong with this?

What the fuck is wrong with jet machine guns in this? I'm repeatedly being blown up by less than one seconds worth of machine gun fire from another jet but whenever I absolutely hammer my machine gun into a jet it does absolutely fuck all. Nothing. One guy, I smacked him with five seconds of constant fire, turned round, did it again, then he hit me with one tiny burst and I instantly blew up with no warning.

What's wrong with this?
Yeah, I get this too mate. A lot of changes were made to all aircraft upon Armored Kill being released and it's turned every jet but your own into winged Arnies. Being in a chopper is now like being honey to bees when jets can seemingly waste your vehicle with a quick burst of the machine gun.

I did hear that there is a bug in certain situations with the IR Flares. Not sure what situation exactly, but I'm sure mine have failed to deflect at all sometimes.

That's because good jet pilots hit the cockpit, one quick burst is enough.

Now about flares, they seem to have a tiny delay once in a while and jammers seem to not work at all at times as well.

With more powerful iglas and stingers its definitely harder to fly now.

Yeah I noticed that my flares often don't work. And I get shot from the rear and instantly blow up, no cockpit was reachable from that angle.

It's really bizarre that some guys can just lay waste to everything with the machine gun yet I couldn't even disable a chopper that was parked on a hill - while swooping down with a huge run up I directly hit it all the way until my gun overheated, did another fly over, repeated the same and still nothing!

I bought the Armored Kill DLC but Rush servers are hard to find, am I missing something?

Rush on Armored Kill is quite popular actually, I think its just that Aftermath week that's making all servers run the new maps. Which are my favorite by the way.
But DICE servers have dedicated Armored Kill rotation, although they alternate conquest/rush/tdm.

Rush on Armored Kill is quite popular actually, I think its just that Aftermath week that's making all servers run the new maps. Which are my favorite by the way.
But DICE servers have dedicated Armored Kill rotation, although they alternate conquest/rush/tdm.

Noob.

The patch did finally fix the audio glitch from BC2.

Does anyone else find that when you come up against a player wielding a shotgun like the USAS-12, no matter what you do, they always kill you first? It's like the fucking gun overrides everything else in the game. One player finished 65-9 with it. I think his score against me was something like 11-0. No matter what I did, even if I sneaked up on him, he'd nail me in one shot as if it overrides the other guns in the game. He could get me with one shot from sniper rifle kinds of range.

What's that all about?

Also, having played the game for the first time in months, it was pretty grim. One level had two players on each team on over 70-0 using the MAV to run people over from the safety of their own base and well out of site. If you shot the MAV then they'd return with it in less than 15 seconds. Nothing anyone can do to stop it.

So there were four MAVS flying around and two other people driving those tiny robot things to try and get people with those, and the rest were racing around with shotguns. What shite.

Also, why oh why does the game's sound STILL keep cutting out?

Last edited:
My advice is to only play on hardcore - it takes a ridiculous number of rounds to kill otherwise, by which time they can react to take cover/return fire - the shotgun/sniper is the only real solution to that problem.

On hardcore, if you get the jump on someone, spray a clip towards them and at least one bullet is bound to hit their head/torso. Also no regenerating health which means medics are more useful.

Back
Top Bottom