Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

silverspider the voice thing did work.
I had some bloke barking orders at me the other day.
it was quite funny he was taking it wayyyyyyy too seriously.
you just hold V down and talk

peat said:
silverspider the voice thing did work.
I had some bloke barking orders at me the other day.
it was quite funny he was taking it wayyyyyyy too seriously.
you just hold V down and talk

Oh right ... so it does work

I haven't setup a Mic yet but I thought I would still have incoming sound from people who are using it.

I am sure I will hear someone at some point :)

Thanks Pal.

Last edited:

It only works if you are in a squad, and if your squad leader I think. Hold down V to talk to your squad and if your squad leader, hold down B to talk to your commander

BTW, it seems XFire doesn't support 'One Click Joining' with the BF2 demo. It does however, support IM chat in-game which is handy. Saves minimizing the game to look at MSN :)

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
BTW, it seems XFire doesn't support 'One Click Joining' with the BF2 demo. It does however, support IM chat in-game which is handy. Saves minimizing the game to look at MSN :)

It seems you are right mate, the join Game icon is never lit regardless of who is on :(

Oh Well.

Another good game tonight guys. Soon as you logged off Flawl3ss, Ike came on and those randoms joined our squad but they played as a team which was nice to see. Good stuff. Well played Ike, you weren't too bad at all :) Don't think much of your leadership skills though ;)

Last edited:

Yeah, I had only played a few minutes offline before and didn't really know any of the keys. Worked better than I thought though before I got this strange squad leader menu. ;)

Guess I'm gonna get this too when it's out, it's less hectic than I thought when you're working in squads.

Has anyone figured out how to open up a larger area? I have 32 bots playing in the 16 player area which is a smidge cramped :)

Online you can play the larger areas?

But then you can't have bots which is poo as I could host a game myelf but not let anyone join ;)

Also get the xfire-thingy posted on the previous page.

Playing a few wonderful games of this so far, getting 6 or 7 clanmates on and squadding up is brilliant. The subtleties are starting to show thru now as well. See birds taking off and run like feck :)
I love the spotting menu and squad orders menu too, just a tad annoying when you're trying to tell them to attack a base and end up attacking a hill in between you and the base.

So is Xfire pretty popular with the feller on the street? I met with the marketing guy during E3 and he was very keen about us working to incorporate it in new Bohemia Interactive games :)

One thing I mentioned to him is that it would be popular if it support VOIP which I believe will be introduced in the future :)

Was ot all day yesteterday, slightly inhebriated by the end of it, but anyway.....

I've had a look thru my event logs and from the dates etc and the errors I got it seems that ati2mtag caused an "Invalid pixel format" Warning.

I don't really understand how yu could possibly have a pixel format that aint a propper pixel, na soz m8 your to triangle for my liking, I mean WTF, anyway, thought I'd post just incase anyone can shed some light on what this might be.

I should b eon tonight for a CTD or 2, cya then. :)

interestng
i made 2 rounds last night and then ctd'd (im on nvidia though)
I then read on another forum about software firewalls could cause ctds.
and if u have a router u should turn the software firewall off
so i will be trying that tonight then

ps. Did everyone know the anti tank weapon can be guided after being shot?
I didnt know that and have just been happily firing that weapon and hoping for the best! whoops :)

Ahhh I do have a router, My windows firewall is disabled and so's outpost, but where can I find the setting to turn off my inbuilt router one, It's a linksys Wireless 802.11b router

peat said:
ps. Did everyone know the anti tank weapon can be guided after being shot?
I didnt know that and have just been happily firing that weapon and hoping for the best! whoops :)
Yeah I knew that. That's my favourite class so far. I love the AT Rocket. If you keep the LMB held down when you fire it goes further as well :)

I thought the rocket could only be guided on the US side? When I'm MEC and I fire a rocket, your character goes to reload instantly after you fire, whereas on the US team the target reticle stays up allowing you to guide the missle

Yeah I noticed that, but I still thought it moved a little. That's why I prefer being on the US side :)

Anti-tank goodness :):

Now I know that last one is in fact not fired at a tank but the crane, but I liked the ploom of smoke :).

Is that you practising in your own local server? Doesn't seem to be anybody about?! I did that yesterday to practise with the helis and jets but gave up after 5 mins. I'll just stick to the ground thanks! I like how you can control the parachute with the WSAD keys though.

EDIT - Flawl3ss you can direct the MEC AT weapon too. Just keep the LMB held down and aim :)

Last edited:

It's the private server of a CoD UO clan I visit, only clan members and visitors who are regular enough that they're given teamspeak access are allowed on tho, or else I'd invite you all ;).

btw, envy doesn't quite cover the feeling eh?:

BF2cover.jpg

BF2dvdinside.jpg

http://www.after-hourz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6414

Back
Top Bottom