Assassins Creed

after the first assassination i learned the countermove :)
now the game becomes a perfect entertainment after a long day of work.

nothing for "hardcore gamers" but still a great game.

Optimus Prime apears in Assasins Creed
acprime.jpg

So there you are, playing through Assassin's Creed, which - faux sci-fi trappings or not - is set in the 12th century. Long time ago. Lot earlier than the invention of transforming children's toys. Or trucks. Which is why it's a little confusing to clamber up and see this intricately-carved wooden window/doorway thing. A little confusing, and a whole lot of awesome.

I like the game a lot, it's fun, graphic are stunning and well I liked the control system. Only things that is bad is the lack of variation in the mission, with the world they made, they could have made some other cool stuff.

On Mission 3 now and have decided to tackle all the side missions - makes the game massive IMO! Yea, its pretty much the same stuff, but still worth doing it to get your monies worth.

For example, by doing all the View Points, I got an 'informant' mission, where I had to assasinate a dude without getting caught, then report back to the informant. Was cool to nip along the roof tops watching the target, drop down behind him in an alley, knife him, then back up out of site!

Its a pretty cool game, but I doubt I'll keep it for very long...

Does anyone know how to save in this game - or when it autosaves? When I quit out, I am sure i have to go back and do all the side missions/viewpoints etc again.

Peeing me off now...

I've just finish the game and the end is a big disapointement. Such a shame, last fight is just a joke too. Sad. I wish they had put the same time in the boss fight planning that they took to modelize the cities.

Nearly at the end now, thank God. There was a point where it got better but now it's got so repetitive it's just getting worse, I know the game is better than average but it's fair to say I will be over the fucking moon when I trade this game in on Friday.

I've seen four bugs on it in the last two days:

1) I "fell" into a building (a house that there's no way to get in/out of), all the guards were chasing me outside and they were running up against the outside of the house like idiots. Had to reboot, and because the game never ever saves, I had 30 minutes worth of crap to do again.

2) I was trying to save a citizen and when I tried to attack one of the guys I hit her and she got trapped in a building like I had above. You could just see her feet poking out. Again, this required a reboot and doing everything again.

3) Really weird one this, I came out of the assassin's bureau and as I started climbing up against the wall the game suddenly went jerky (and I mean 8/10fps jerky). I tried to carry on but it was unplayable. Rebooted, and it happened again after I climbed out of the bureau. Rebooted and it happened again. I was really worried but then the third time it worked fine.

4) One of the guys I killed was rolling around on the floor and as someone flew forward to hit me, I stepped backwards onto him, and suddenly he turned into a Playdoh man and stretched into a big long creepy stick man the size of a house, twisted and broken. Really freaky.

I can't believe how hard it is to know when the game has saved (you get the "saving, do not switch off console" message but as I found out it's not actually saving your game progress 90% of the fucking time). And everything is getting repetitive now, from the missions to the environments to the speech. "Help, someone save me!" "THIEF!" "I've done nothing wrong!" "THIEF!" "Help, someone save me!" "THIEF!" (Which reminds me, for a game with great AI and grittyness, how come you can leave these people struggling for as long as you like and nothing happens to them? Great that you can interrupt some cut-scenes but stuff like that ruins all the good work IMO.)

It's just one of those games that really, really, REALLY grates with me.

Nearly at the end now, thank God. There was a point where it got better but now it's got so repetitive it's just getting worse, I know the game is better than average but it's fair to say I will be over the fucking moon when I trade this game in on Friday.

I've seen four bugs on it in the last two days:

1) I "fell" into a building (a house that there's no way to get in/out of), all the guards were chasing me outside and they were running up against the outside of the house like idiots. Had to reboot, and because the game never ever saves, I had 30 minutes worth of crap to do again.

2) I was trying to save a citizen and when I tried to attack one of the guys I hit her and she got trapped in a building like I had above. You could just see her feet poking out. Again, this required a reboot and doing everything again.

3) Really weird one this, I came out of the assassin's bureau and as I started climbing up against the wall the game suddenly went jerky (and I mean 8/10fps jerky). I tried to carry on but it was unplayable. Rebooted, and it happened again after I climbed out of the bureau. Rebooted and it happened again. I was really worried but then the third time it worked fine.

4) One of the guys I killed was rolling around on the floor and as someone flew forward to hit me, I stepped backwards onto him, and suddenly he turned into a Playdoh man and stretched into a big long creepy stick man the size of a house, twisted and broken. Really freaky.

I can't believe how hard it is to know when the game has saved (you get the "saving, do not switch off console" message but as I found out it's not actually saving your game progress 90% of the fucking time). And everything is getting repetitive now, from the missions to the environments to the speech. "Help, someone save me!" "THIEF!" "I've done nothing wrong!" "THIEF!" "Help, someone save me!" "THIEF!" (Which reminds me, for a game with great AI and grittyness, how come you can leave these people struggling for as long as you like and nothing happens to them? Great that you can interrupt some cut-scenes but stuff like that ruins all the good work IMO.)

It's just one of those games that really, really, REALLY grates with me.

Yea, tend to agree now Jack... its a superb concept, graphics are fantastic etc, but its ruined by, I think, not knowing how to bring all of that together in a game.

Imagine the look and free-running etc of Assasins Creed, but with GTA style sandbox missions - maybe theres just not enough to do in the game - i.e. in modern based games you have different weapons, vehicles etc.

Shame as I really wanted to like the game, but the lack of a save negates it from being a game I can play quickly and then jump out of.

I will be selling it soon.

Oh and heres another one... "I'll have your hand for this THIEF!"

I thought this game was great fun at first when everything was new but i agree, a lot of the game repeats itself and for a game that so easily could... no wait, make that SHOULD have been amazing - it falls short and is basically an average game with some nice ideas.

My main huge gripe is the kills.

I was expecting a hitman level of freedom with this game... or at the least some kind of silent undetectable kills. But it seems this is more of "Up close and personal Melee kill Creed" than 'assassins Creed'

Later on i have stumbled across one target i managed to kill from behind by climbing down a wall behind him and killing him -- but everything up until that point basically involved running around finding the target - then HAVING to kill them in front of everyone and then running away.

Why would an assassin kill like that?

surely the point is to kill someone undetected and maybe leave a calling card to warn others?

And to think that stupid woman who made the game was grinning away and telling us the chase scenes are the best part of the game - 'they're sooooo coool'.

They're a pile of shit!

Run, climb jump, hide in a fekking hay stack or a tent thing!

where is the satisfaction in that? It's not even like running or climbing is loads of fun!

Surely she could have made the kills, hence ASSASSIN, more fun and the main part of the game? It seems to get what they call the best parts of the game - you HAVE to fuck up!

You HAVE to kill in front of the guards to allow them to chase you!

Why make the best part a part you only get when you do something you're obviously not!?

==

And then you have the ped voices and script - now if you only had to save 3 or 4 people in the whole game i could see why they would reuse the same lines

"Female: thanks, i don't have anything to repay you though but i'll tell everyone about you"

Male: Thanks, ill tell my brothers about you"

or some shite along those lines.

But there are like 10 of these people to save in each section of a city - so that's near 30 times you hear the same lines voiced by the same person!

WHY oh why couldn't they have seen that that would be very annoying?

--

Then you have the bugs, the game loading and then hanging (im on the PS3 version - and it feels like im back on the 360 with all the crashing/hanging!) - the inability to fucking SAVE!!!!!!!! - just frigging save my damn game for once will you!!!!.

I started out almost forcing myself not to spot all of these flaws but in the end i can't bear it anymore -- It's almost as if they had 1 good idea and stretched in out into 1 full game.

--

Which makes sense because in the early stages they said that the footage we had all seen (which is the game we're playing now) was only going to be one or two levels in the full game --- and future levels would take place at later time periods like during WW2 and then later in the 60's.

Seems someone decided to stretch this chapter out and save the rest for the sequals which ill be passing on.

======

Anyone know if there is any news on a next gen hitman game?

Don't get me wrong, it's good, but the things it has wrong are all the things I hate in games. They're not things you only see at certain points, you have to deal with them all through the game no matter what you're doing. And when a game's like that I can never enjoy it.

Another thing that annoys me with it are the informant missions. They're so obviously tacked on (there's no back and forth dialogue, just the informant talking), and what do you have to do? Run and collect 20 flags. It turns a game based on ancient swordfighting into Mario meets Pacman. Sorry, but I don't care what anyone says; that is absolutely pathetic and it stinks of desperation, "there's not enough to do, lets make them collect things before a time limit runs out!" That doesn't belong in a game like this, disgraceful.

Oh and heres another one... "I'll have your hand for this THIEF!"
"Ah, you seem to know exactly what you want. I like that in a customer!"

Oh fuck off, as if. Who wrote your scripts, Barbara Windsor?

EDIT: And another thing that winds me up. You pickpocket a guy with nobody else around, he turns around and looks straight at you, shaking his head and raising his arms as if to say "WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS?!"... Erm, there's nobody else here so... Who do you think did it? Jesus?

I've only remembered the last three things I've posted because I'm actually playing the game now, and this is what I'm talking about; ten minutes in and everything is pissing me off already. It's just one of those games. Great potential, poorly realised.

EDIT 2:

Oh my God, I don't know if I can finish this game. I've just got up to the water/boats bit - you will know the bit I mean when you see it. If a drunk pushes you into the water, game over. You can't just float for literally two seconds and grab the pier. No. You have to die, and do the last five minutes of running all over again.

Sorry, I know the game has it's good qualities, but I have to get this off my chest...

WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT OF A GAME.

EDIT 3:

Five times now. Pushed in by a drunk three times, the game won't let you kill him when he starts pushing you, "too late". Guards have knocked me in once, and once he just didn't grab a pole and fell into the water.

Seriously close to smashing the pad up. Jade Raymond needs fucking shooting.

EDIT 4:

Six times. Pointed forwards to jump over the last three poles, he decided to jump diagonally and into the water.

Games like this should never be made again.

Last edited:
I don't think she'd marry someone who isn't able to at least hotlink an image properly, she has her standards.......

;)

:lol:
I didn't want to show it on purpose, don't want people to see her beauty. She commented that she looks like a kid in the picture :shock:

beauty?

anyway....

Another problem for me is the controls - or lack of.

Is anyone else having the problems where you're trying to run away from the guards and the game forces you to turn and face them and pull out your sword? -- And then you have to mess around putting it back and turning to run and it repeats.

And another thing - is the run into a wall = climb it controls that mess up a lot (at least for me)

I'll be running towards a ladder i can see at a slight angle while being chased - and as i get to the wall suddenly my guy will either run up the wall on either side or stop dead.

its getting annoying now

Just finished it.

THANK FUCK FOR THAT.

I like the way the ending is absolutely crap, "hm I wonder what that is, perhaps I'll find out in the sequel?" Get bent you shit producers, Jade Raymond you can burn in hell.

Roll on Mass Effect.

The guy that said the game is shit because of the flag stuff, do you find gta lame too ? becasue it had the same kind of stuff. This is just a side things they put it so that you explore completely the town. And guess what ? I like it, I discover place in kingdom where I never went and it looks cool. I agree that the ergonomy and ending are shit but I really feel good when I'm playing teh Assassin. In contrary to some people I actually enjoy runnign from roof to roof. The mission could have been a 100 times better we all agree lol. Always teh same repetitive stuff but still I enjoyed the game and I'll play the 2nd one and the 3rd one to conclude the story.

It's a fair bit different in GTA, come on. "Money has spread all over the highway and we need you to pick it up", or "pick up all the prostitutes and take them to their destinations", or "the bodies are buried here and here", or... The list goes on. Not 20 informants who've all lost 20 flags. It makes no sense, they couldn't be arsed to make up proper missions and reasons for these collecting tasks and it is shameful. Not once has a mission on GTA been "collect these 20 tokens for me, I lost them all because I'm an idiot, and you have 3 minutes or I'll be killed". It's the same concept but they give you a genuine reason, and they're not something completely useless. They might as well ask you to collect twenty Mario stars, or twenty blocks of wood. Sorry but it is shameful, they just couldn't be bothered and they really should be shot for it.

No way could I stand to play the game or any sequel, I would end up having a heart attack. I'll just read the walkthroughs to hear the story (I did like the story, don't get me wrong, it's just a shame that it's coated in shit gameplay).

Last edited:
I hate to be the Assassins Creed apologist; I recognise most of the complaints imposed on the game even if I don't completely agree with them. However, I think you are making a mistake in criticising the actual gameplay.

The actual mechanics of the game are what I find to be the best part of it. The free-running, the climbing, the assassinations, hunting for templar’s and flags and especially for me the combat.

I understand and completely agree that the "investigation" missions could have, and should have, been more varied but they are making use of the core gameplay mechanics - running and jumping searching for flags, or assassinating targets.

The fact these missions are almost completely optional really shouldn't overshadow the entire game. You don't need to complete all the investigations to move on to the assassinations so if you don't want to collect the guys flags just tell him where to go.

To me though it feels like you're driving a car rather than controlling a human being, so many times you'll run up a wall instead of up a ladder because the handling is so clumsy.

I hated the story at first and actually started to like it towards the end but every single thing I liked was ruined by the guy not doing what I wanted him to do, or not saving for half an hour, or having to complete the exact same mission I already did twenty times.

You say the optional missions shouldn't overshadow the game but you pay £40 for a complete product, I play a game to totally complete it (apart from the brainless token collecting shit which I cannot stand - at least with the informants there was a path of them, rather than them being hidden all over the city). I don't see why they couldn't have had one realistic thing you had to grab in five minutes rather than twenty flags, over and over and over. Like "I need my broken sword repairing, take it to be repaired and bring it back", or even "I was running away and my keys flew everywhere, you will have to help me find them". At least make an effort, it stinks of "Ubisoft need this out for Christmas so fuck it".

I do want to know how the story develops but I will be happy enough reading it, the control method is clumsy and boring in my opinion - i.e. too many times button presses aren't recognised because someone has started their animation, and it would be nice to do the killing and even the jumping yourself (and in some instances this would actually make it easier, I died several times on the water bit near the end because I stopped dead, pressed straight forward for several seconds - to make sure I wasn't going to fuck it up - pressed jump, and yet the guy would decide to jump into the water and drown himself instead, SEVERAL TIMES).

Like I say the game is better than average but all the infuriating stuff makes it, for me personally, totally and utterly impossible to enjoy. You can't say I didn't give it a chance, I played it right up to the end, but there was never a moment were I enjoyed something because it was always cursed by a button press being ignored or misinterpreted.

Last edited:
Wow, checking different forums, the news from everyone is the same, boring game!

Is the game really that bad? The idea of the game, the concept of scouting your target, choosing how to go in for the kill, that sounds like loads of fun, regardless of how many times you have to do it. It can't be the same thing every time!

Comments?

Choosing how to go in for the kill? All you do is run up to them and press X in a rhythm until they die. That's the problem with the game, everything really is the same until the very end.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion and my personal opinion is that it was the most frustrating, annoying, over-hyped and crushingly disappointing next-gen game I've ever played. Such a good idea, so poorly put together.

Last edited:
You cant if ever plan your kill and then execute it - 99% of the time you HAVE to approach your target, trigger a cut scene, and then assassinate them in full view of everyone.

Then you get to experience the 'best part' of the game (In Jade whoever she is's opinion) --- running away from the guards and hiding somewhere.

Its more fun to type that sentence than actually do it.

-

That ending though was the biggest pile of shite i have ever seen... probably. Gears of War annoyed me as they showed off loads of enemies and then clearly refused to let you face them so they could squeaze out a sequal or 3. But at least it had a final boss and some kind of end to the story.

This has you kill off one last target - then basically stand around watching a cut scene - and then it gives you control for a second and then blam it suddenly cuts into the credits!!!!

An absolute let down - and despite being one of the best games id played in 2007 for the first hour - it became the worst game ive played since Unreal 2 or something on the xbox with the 2 D cardboard enemies!!!!

Seriously rent this if you have the itch to play it first

Back
Top Bottom