Assassins Creed

GTA's always have lots more things to do than doublebutt with much more variation, I love GTA's and can't wait for the next one, but doublebutt is a good game, and certainly shows what an excellent engine they have, great viewdistance and huge amount of npcs, what really excites me is that if they're using this engine for Splinter Cell Conviction it could be an awesome game :)

I have to wait 10 days to play the game thanks to the french transport strikes :(.

I'm going to redo COD4...

Well I've been playing for an hour or two and I really don't like it. The control scheme is piss-poor, nothing you achieve is achieved by yourself. You press and hold run and he does all the jumps for you, you press and hold attack and all the cool moves you see in the videos are done for you as well. Where the hell is the fun in that?

It's like a semi-interactive movie, like Metal Gear Solid but worse (at least you aim your own shots in that). Very disappointed, personally.

Tried it a bit longer and nope, it's going in for trade when Mass Effect is out. Such a shame but it's as if they got to a point and said "that's enough, release it".

There's no satisfaction in completing anything; if there's a complex set of jumps, all you do is hold down RT and A, and the game does the jumps for you. Most frustrating of all, to kill someone, it's just a case of holding down RT and pressing X in a rhythm. You don't aim, you don't really try, you just press the button a few times and he does this spectacular move to kill the guy. It's not "you" that's doing it, it's random what move is pulled off (you don't even have to aim), so it's just completely unsatisfactory.

The AI in places is brilliant; for example, cut-scenes aren't always things that you just watch. You can change the event by running and attacking someone, or predicting something. Which is great. But even the cut-scenes are a bit screwed by this "memory glitches" feature. When the screen flashes, press any button and you see what's going on from another perspective. Does it change anything? No. Is there any point? No. But if you catch these flashes and press on 85% of the cut-scenes, you get an achievement. What in the name of God is the point in that?

The storyline is, as far as I'm concerned, boring as fuck, and the game is confusing as a whole. I was stuck on a particular section for two minutes, with a guy saying "it's this way, I'm over here, let's go, this way" but I'm looking around and nobody's mouth is moving. So I've got no fucking idea who's talking to me. This happens over and over. There was a training setup after this, where I fought for about 5 minutes and sliced this guy literally 100 times waiting for him to die, before I realised that there is no end to it and you just quit whenever you've had enough. Very poor.

Such a shame, great AI and great graphics, but it involves no skill whatsoever to play the game. It should have been an animated film.

Last edited:
I would watch out with that stringer. There is a good chance that it will be logged somewhere and they might ask fro it back at a later date. Also did you recieve a bill with the game? With a bit of luck you can get away with it, but by the sound of it the value of this game will depreciate faster then an alfa :D

I would watch out with that stringer. There is a good chance that it will be logged somewhere and they might ask fro it back at a later date. Also did you recieve a bill with the game? With a bit of luck you can get away with it, but by the sound of it the value of this game will depreciate faster then an alfa :D
Hey tiktiktiktik,

I'm going to keep it for a week and see if they say anything. If they don't i'll sell it for £30 (for those who want it!).

Also i didn't receive a bill for it, i better check my bank account. Although in my ShopTo account it only has a bill of £34.99.

I haven't played it yet (i'm at college), but is it as bad as people say it is? :(

Tried it a bit longer and nope, it's going in for trade when Mass Effect is out. Such a shame but it's as if they got to a point and said "that's enough, release it".

There's no satisfaction in completing anything; if there's a complex set of jumps, all you do is hold down RT and A, and the game does the jumps for you. Most frustrating of all, to kill someone, it's just a case of holding down RT and pressing X in a rhythm. You don't aim, you don't really try, you just press the button a few times and he does this spectacular move to kill the guy. It's not "you" that's doing it, it's random what move is pulled off (you don't even have to aim), so it's just completely unsatisfactory.

The AI in places is brilliant; for example, cut-scenes aren't always things that you just watch. You can change the event by running and attacking someone, or predicting something. Which is great. But even the cut-scenes are a bit screwed by this "memory glitches" feature. When the screen flashes, press any button and you see what's going on from another perspective. Does it change anything? No. Is there any point? No. But if you catch these flashes and press on 85% of the cut-scenes, you get an achievement. What in the name of God is the point in that?

The storyline is, as far as I'm concerned, boring as fuck, and the game is confusing as a whole. I was stuck on a particular section for two minutes, with a guy saying "it's this way, I'm over here, let's go, this way" but I'm looking around and nobody's mouth is moving. So I've got no fucking idea who's talking to me. This happens over and over. There was a training setup after this, where I fought for about 5 minutes and sliced this guy literally 100 times waiting for him to die, before I realised that there is no end to it and you just quit whenever you've had enough. Very poor.

Such a shame, great AI and great graphics, but it involves no skill whatsoever to play the game. It should have been an animated film.
Damn, it sounds like a bit of a shit game! :(

I'll try it and see if i like it, if not i'll return the extra one i got and trade in the one i opened.

Last edited:
Jack, have you gone to Damascus and done the first assassination yet?

I really like this game, its huge and open ended. Like a medieval Crackdown, and I enjoy it for much the same reasons I did Crackdown. Scaling buildings; jumping around seeing what I can get away with.

The combat is decent, you unlock more skills as you progress with gives the combat a little more depth. The counter-attacks are useful and grabbing guys and throwing them off roofs is good times.

I'm not far in but I'm enjoying it

Biggest complaints: Stupid NPC dialog, and horse speed limits

Last edited:
I looked forward to this game but like JB I want more to do than just press 1 button and watch the game do ALL the moves without me having to do anything else (just like Pirates of the Crappibean... press the attack button 3 times and thats it!) Ill pass! what a big shame that is!

Well I've been playing for an hour or two and I really don't like it. The control scheme is piss-poor, nothing you achieve is achieved by yourself. You press and hold run and he does all the jumps for you, you press and hold attack and all the cool moves you see in the videos are done for you as well. Where the hell is the fun in that?

It's like a semi-interactive movie, like Metal Gear Solid but worse (at least you aim your own shots in that). Very disappointed, personally.

WOW really?

I trust your judgement but i would have thought it would have been a little more user controlled than that? Ouch Is it still at least good to rent?

I looked forward to this game but like JB I want more to do than just press 1 button and watch the game do ALL the moves without me having to do anything else (just like Pirates of the Crappibean... press the attack button 3 times and thats it!) Ill pass! what a big shame that is!

Like PoTC?! OHNO!

7/10 from total videogames. They are all pretty much saying the same thing, so snoop if you dont mind the lame combat and stupid npc's while also dont mind doing the same thing over and over for 9 times and also dont mind a totally rubbish ending while accepting the graphical glitches (framerate drops, tearing) you should go for it :D

7/10 from total videogames. They are all pretty much saying the same thing, so snoop if you dont mind the lame combat and stupid npc's while also dont mind doing the same thing over and over for 9 times and also dont mind a totally rubbish ending while accepting the graphical glitches (framerate drops, tearing) you should go for it :D

Just what I'm looking for in a game \\:o/

Back
Top Bottom