Assassins Creed

I've played a few hours of this now, and am liking it so far.

I play in small 30 minute slots, so thats why I'm not bored yet :p
Riding the horses are fun!

Riding the horses are fun!
:|

barbiewildhorse_xboxboxboxart_160w.jpg

Well I have played the game for 3 days solid now and ive come to the conclusion that this is no more than an average game.

At first I loved the game, it was like a breath of fresh air, then after a few more minutes the game became increasingley repetitive.

The storyline is terrible, the lines are cheesy and the assanations lack depth. It's as if Ubisoft have built a good foundation to work on and stopped, just so the game is out in time for Christmas.

As simple as the control system is, the attacks are generally all the same, and certain features are spoilt by ridiculous things that grate me, the pickpocketing being one example.

You pickpocket a guy he turns around as if to say who has done that, yet its obvious to the whole world it was altair.

The overuse of the viewing tower just makes this game a drab to play, there needs to be more variation, Ubisoft have built these great Kingdoms and they have done little in the way you interact with it.

Im wondering whether I should complete the game, im half way through but im sick and tired of completing the same activities.

Graphics on the other hand are stunning at times, however I have noticed a few glitches and bumps that I can only put down to rushing to get the game out.

For £40 I expect an all round game, and you just dont get that with Assasins Creed.

I was really looking forward to the release of this title, however I have been left deeply dissapointed.

Trade in looks set to be on the horizon.

the endings utter shit - complete dog shit - if you hate the game - just youtube the ending and trade it in for something while you'll still get a good return for it

Here's the ending video with HUGE SPOILERS ... I MEAN HUGE ... unless you saw the end coming from the opening few minutes!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK76It2Fjs4

Last edited:
the endings utter shit - complete dog shit - if you hate the game - just youtube the ending and trade it in for something while you'll still get a good return for it

Here's the ending video with HUGE SPOILERS ... I MEAN HUGE ... unless you saw the end coming from the opening few minutes!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK76It2Fjs4

I just watched that clip, even though I dont own the game and no nothing about it. But it pissed me off too :lol:

How sad, the trailers for this game got me excited about next-gen gaming so much that I invested in a PS3 and now, I could care less about this game and don't even want to try it! lol

If you find the core gameplay really enjoyable, then it won't bother you much that it's repeated throughout, if you don't like the whole climbing buildings and sword fighting/assassinating then it really wouldn't appeal to you anyway :) The ending isn't great but what comes before that for the first 15-20 hours is IMO enjoyable enough, rent it if you're not sure, it's certainly worth that.

Bought this game a week ago and it so far has been an enjoyable experience. I love the open world aspect of the game, free running, climbing... the motion and general atmosphere is rather amazing. It can definitely improve like any game, but, this is a great step in the right direction.

This is not a "bad" game in the least, not great, but definitely above average. That being said, I think everyone should give this game a real go, renting or buying, I am not sure since it really depends on how much you game. I am definitely glad I bought this game though.

We are playing Assasins Creed mate.... on 360 in my case. Now go and tell me the PS3 version doesnt have all these ANNOYING cut scenes after doing 1 very quick 2 minute task??? ;) My contact told me that the PS3 version is 3 times better than 360 version due to Blu Ray :)

Decent game, no more, no less, if you were expecting more then you're a fool for buying into the hype ;)

The second one will be better, the writing was always on the wall for the first one as soon as they made it clear there would be more than one and this was the first of a trilogy :)

LOL you're exaggerating, yes there's a fair few cutscenes but there's far more gameplay than cutscenes :)

Hence why I made my "playing the same game" comment. There are cut scenes, but there is a LOT more game play. I like the game. Yes, it can improve, but that's every game.

theres too many cut scenes really. and after awhile you just cant be bothered because that old dude who is your master just says the same crap each time. the game is ok. its just incredible that the graphics can be so amazing and the gameplay was just shockingly bad. i mean did they really think that was good enough? just kill 9 guys in the same boring way everytime. the side missions are even worse, listening in on peoples conversations? u go sit on a bench had listen in on 2 people discussing the exact thing u wanted to know.....how realistic. and the pick pocket! oh god! lol you can be the only guy on the street and the dude still wouldnt clock on it was me....the wierd guy in the white dress.....who robbed you. i dont understand why the pickpocket victim turns round instantly the second u steal the document? surely he wouldnt realise until alot later on that it had gone. its just so flawed and the 2nd game will hafto do alot better if im going to buy it. certianly wont be one of the games i will pre order. i shall wait for some honest reviews first from honest customers.

Managed to complete this last night :)

Alright - it's a crap storyline....which is a bit of a shame as the amazing environment and history setting had so much potential. It's unnecessarily confusing too - I still don't have a clue what the whole story is about.

However, as an experience, the game is bloody fantastic and I absolutely loved it. As well as the graphics and the jumping about (a la Crackdown), the battle system is brilliant imo. I just loved the slashing :)

I will actually go on to say that this is one of my fave games on the 360. Rainbow Six had a crap storyline, but it's still a laugh to play. I think it's one of those games you either love or hate

theres too many cut scenes really. and after awhile you just cant be bothered because that old dude who is your master just says the same crap each time. the game is ok. its just incredible that the graphics can be so amazing and the gameplay was just shockingly bad. i mean did they really think that was good enough? just kill 9 guys in the same boring way everytime. the side missions are even worse, listening in on peoples conversations? u go sit on a bench had listen in on 2 people discussing the exact thing u wanted to know.....how realistic. and the pick pocket! oh god! lol you can be the only guy on the street and the dude still wouldnt clock on it was me....the wierd guy in the white dress.....who robbed you. i dont understand why the pickpocket victim turns round instantly the second u steal the document? surely he wouldnt realise until alot later on that it had gone. its just so flawed and the 2nd game will hafto do alot better if im going to buy it. certianly wont be one of the games i will pre order. i shall wait for some honest reviews first from honest customers.

Wow you are offending. We are all honest I believe, maybe we arent interested in the same piont in the game as you ?

I honestly recon that all that you say is true, story is weak, mission are repetitive as hell, pickpocket are really badly done, some assasination are horrible, but you know what ? Despite all this I love this game, I had a WHOLE LOT OF fun out of it and never had so much fun in a game, climbing to the highest point or jumping from roof to roof in a old city is fantastic, I really love it, counter is great, steal kill is hella fun, so sure there's a lot of things that isnt right, however I really loved playing this game and I think it is a great game. I just hope they'll have more mission variety in the 2nd and 3rd game.

It's the first gen of this style of gaming by ubisoft, trying out some new elements in a fully immerse world. It's a definite recommendation for any gamer out there. Depending on how often you game, renting or buying is completely up to you. I think it's a great game, something that needs refining, but, a must play game none the less.

I'm taking my time doing all the objectives and the more I play, the more I like it. It doesn't bother me to do same types of missions because everytime I play is & feels different.

The stealth assassinations are a pain in the arse though! Especially if you have to redo them over and over again! Holy crap. Towards my last three assassinations, I had to skip those objectives simply out of frustration. Trust me, I spent a lot of time doing them too! I do have to admit though, the fighting mechanics are great. I love how certain "masters" have a style of fighting which you have to adjust to. Good stuff though...

BTW: after beating the game, are you able to explore any more the facility other than the conference room? I know there are clues laying around about the next game, but, exploring wise, can you do any more?

Saw an advert last night for AC2 telling me to 'pre order now for christmas 09'

Bit early isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom