Arsenal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us Gooners have to stick together you know boys!! :mrgreen: ;)

henry2.bmp

henry1.bmp

:twisted:

In ain't even gonna comment on T-hairy henry's disturbing "wear my socks like suspenders" habit! :mrgreen: ;)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he is only looking to sign a goalkeeper before the season kicks off next month.
The Gunners, who narrowly missed out on the Premiership title to Manchester United last season, are forced to be tight with their money due to their plans to move to a new stadium at Ashburton Grove.
He told Sky Sports before Arsenal's friendly with non-league Barnet this afternoon that he was only looking to sign a keeper. The FA Cup winners drew the game 0-0.
"We're not just afer a goalkeeper, we are trying to extend the deals of Vieira, Pires and Bergkamp," he said.
"But we are not in the market for anyone else other than that."
Arsenal have been linked with Leeds' Paul Robinson and Valencia's Santiago Canizarez, amongst others, since David Seaman quit the club and joined Manchester City.

Gunners chase Canizares!

Story from Football 365....

Arsenal have admitted they are in talks with Valencia over a possible deal for Spanish international goalkeeper Santiago Canizares.

Boss Arsene Wenger is looking for a new experienced number one after David Seaman left for Manchester City.

And Canizares, a Spanish title winner and twice a Champions League finalist, appears to fit the bill.

According to The Guardian the Gunners have been tracking Canizares since the end of last season.

They have already failed with tentative bids for AC Milan pair Christian Abbiati and Nelson Dida.

Wenger said: "We are talking and we are hopeful. At the moment I cannot give you a definite name of who we will buy because we have not got that far. But Canizares is one of them, that is true.

"I have confidence in Stuart Taylor but we're not sure he can go through a whole season as first choice."

Signing Canizares would be a boost for the Gunners, who have failed to make a splash yet in the summer transfer market.

This would be a great coup like.

Zico said:
Wenger said: "We are talking and we are hopeful. At the moment I cannot give you a definite name of who we will buy because we have not got that far. But Canizares is one of them, that is true.

:oops: :roll:

Arsenal swoop for dortmund keeper
Arsenal's search for a goalkeeper to replace David Seaman seems to be over with a deal set to be made for Borussia Dortmund stopper Jens Lehmann.
It is understood the Gunners, who have been linked with a possible bid for Valencia keeper Santiago Cainzares, have agreed a three-year contract with the 33-year-old Lehmann, although Dortmund are holding out for more money.
The website of German football magazine kicker reports that the Gunners may have to increase their bid of £1.7million with the Bundesliga club seeking a figure in the region of £2.5million.
Lehmann, once at target for Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier, has played 129 matches for Dortmund, where he is contracted until 2004.
The Gunners are currently on a pre-season training camp in Austria and will tonight play local side SC Ritzing.

Bit disappointed with this, would have been much happier if we signed Robinson or Canizares. Never mind we'll just need to give this guy a chance.

I actually remember him having a stinker when he'd just signed for Dortmund, that should inspire the Gunners on here! :mrgreen:

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
He's an excellent keeper zico :l , cheer up!

Well if it's coming from you, Lehmann must be good.

He also scores goals! :)

Yeah i know about him, but i remember Lehmann scoring a goal for Schalke against Dortmund when he played for them.

Finally we've signed a new keeper and it is German international Jens Lehmann!

Story here:
German international goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has joined Arsenal from Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund.

Lehmann, 33, who won the German league title with Dortmund in 2002, was also a member of the Germany World Cup squads in 1998 and 2002, in addition to their EURO 2000 squad.

Jens is a vastly experienced goalkeeper, who has made a combined total of nearly 400 appearances for FC Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund. During his time with these clubs, he made over 50 appearances in European competitions, winning the UEFA Cup with Schalke in 1997 and finishing a runner-up in the same competition with Dortmund in 2002.

Lehmann has some experience of Highbury, as he played against Arsenal in last season's UEFA Champions League, appearing in both matches in the first group stage of the competition.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: "Jens Lehmann is a great signing for Arsenal Football Club. He is a very experienced goalkeeper who has proved his quality playing in the Bundesliga, in the Champions League and also for his country. Jens will greatly improve the strength of our squad and I am very happy that we have signed a player of his ability.

"Today's medical was positive so that mean's he can join us [in Austria] on Sunday. I am pleased because he is used to playing under big pressure, he is intelligent and we got him at the right price.

"If you look at the side we had out against Austria Vienna, add the French players who are not back yet and then Lehmann, we are competitive again."

After completing his move to the Gunners, Lehmann said: "I am delighted to be joining Arsenal. They are one of Europe's great clubs and they have many fantastic players. Hopefully I will impress the Club and its supporters and I'm also very much looking forward to playing in the English Premier League."

PLAYER PROFILE

Name: Jens Lehmann
Position: Goalkeeper
Born: 10th November 1969. Essen, Germany
Previous Clubs: FC Schalke 04 (Germany), (1991 - May 1998), 219 Apps (2 goals)
AC Milan (Italy), (May 1998 - Dec 1998), 5 Apps
BV Borussia Dortmund (Germany), (Dec 1998 - July 2003), 170 Apps
Also attached to German clubs DJK Heisingen and Schwarz-Weiss Essen in the early part of his career, before joining FC Schalke 04.

International Honours: Germany (1998 - Present) 16 appearances
Debut: 18th February 1998 v Oman (Muscat, Oman) (Won 2-0).

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 73 kg
Joined Arsenal: July 25 2003, Long term contract for an undisclosed fee.
Additional Information: Bundesliga champion with Borussia Dortmund in 2002.
Member of 1998 and 2002 German World Cup squads and Euro 2000 squad.
Won the UEFA Cup with Schalke 04 in 1997.
Runner-up of UEFA Cup 2002 with Borussia Dortmund.
Played for Borussia Dortmund against Arsenal on both occasions in last season's UEFA Champions League.

News off Planet Football is that Viera is struggling to start the season with the arse wipes as his knee injury is still troubling him, coupled with the fact that he is reluctant to sign a new contract with the arse bandits only highlights the arse boys (very short) time at the top is almost over with Londons new biggest club waiting in the wings to take over the arse holes current status...

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
News off Planet Football is that Viera is struggling to start the season with the arse wipes as his knee injury is still troubling him, coupled with the fact that he is reluctant to sign a new contract with the arse bandits only highlights the arse boys (very short) time at the top is almost over with Londons new biggest club waiting in the wings to take over the arse holes current status...

Vieira will sign his new contract Vann believe me. Chelsea may have all the money, but we've got a more settled side and should win the Premiership this season. It's not as if were lossing every player like Leeds are. :D

Zico said:
Vieira will sign his new contract Vann believe me. Chelsea may have all the money, but we've got a more settled side and should win the Premiership this season. It's not as if were lossing every player like Leeds are. :D

I know you want to beleive that Zico but c'mon it does look dodgy, alot of gooners are worried as to why he's not signed yet if it was such a cert, arsenal are goin thru some bad times and it breaks my heart :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Zico said:

I know you want to beleive that Zico but c'mon it does look dodgy, alot of gooners are worried as to why he's not signed yet if it was such a cert, arsenal are goin thru some bad times and it breaks my heart :mrgreen:

You cheeky feeker!!!

Vieira will sign his contract this week, unless some team have been tapping him up.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

With so much arse in one paragraph, you'd think you had some homosexual tendencies.... ;)

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

With so much arse in one paragraph, you'd think you had some homosexual tendencies.... ;)

you cant talk about gooners without talkin about arses :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom