2010 FIFA World Cup

adidas adboards were updated apparently...

- peru have more accurate fake kits (they have the stripe now)

- spain away socks are fixed (from red to blue)

- cameroon home kit shorts fixed (from green to red)

- north korea, honduras, chile have proper kits in the game now (they also still have the old generic kits, but cycle past these in the kit selections to get the new ones)

wasnt, sorry, typo error. it was finals/group stage. I, as usa, should have gone thru to the last 16. And even was shown as 2nd in my group but was eliminted and the 3rd placed team went thru instead. pts tally was equal but i had better goal difference. This is not the first time ive seen this bug. Happens with the cpu controlled teams too

We had this problem too. We finished the group stage in second with 6 points with third place having 1 point. It knocked us out and put the third place team through to the last 16. So its not even based on goal difference. Major bug :(

edit: After some searching of the EA forums its a known issue if you create a tournament with custom teams. Apparently, if you create a custom tournament then save it, exit and reload it after each group match then the bug doesn't occur. Not had chance to test it yet.

Last edited:
nope me neither, i downloaded it and nothing new to my eye. dont know what strips they updated neither?

Apparently some of the adboards have just been tweaked to match the ones being used, McDonald's is one I remember.

Any news on a patch to replace all the audio with the drone of vuvuzelas?

too bad the north korea kits are the wrong (astore) kits, not the worldcup legea ones...

Anyone finding the game harder since the latest squad download?

Perhaps I need to stop playing when I'm pissed.

yeah, I'm better at pool after a few too!

but seriously, I've had some beatings from the big boys playing as teams like Chile and Mexico since the update.

Considering I've won the WC with Australia....

Got the game this week as it was going cheap...

...10 games in and I've got a squad with -1245468 players and now can't continue as the game crashes at the pitchside loading screen...........

Anyone know how to fix it?

For all the hullaballoo about fifa manual and playing a fottball sim. Why can't I find manual or even semi players online. Everyones into this fully assissted settings and I get creamed due to the pace and pressing. I don't disconnect though even 7-0 down against a guy that knew every exploit in the book.

Also people disconnect when I'm leading...an I being naïve.
Btw fifa online plays like a bloody dream. Couldn't PES play like this? :(

i love this game and it will easily last me t fifa 11 however there is on niggle that has started to get on my nerves a little bit and im hoping i can fix it via tacticts. My strikers dont seem to make forward runs and keep going they get caught on their heels or start to run then stop. Is there any adjustments i can make so my forwards will burst forward? cheers

lol I have somehow managed to get Suriname through to the OWC second round playing against assisted cheats. Will prob get beat by Spain 10-0 now.

its so much fun playing with these half star nations.

i love this game and it will easily last me t fifa 11 however there is on niggle that has started to get on my nerves a little bit and im hoping i can fix it via tacticts. My strikers dont seem to make forward runs and keep going they get caught on their heels or start to run then stop. Is there any adjustments i can make so my forwards will burst forward? cheers

Nope, it's the same in FIFA 10...

For all the hullaballoo about fifa manual and playing a fottball sim. Why can't I find manual or even semi players online. Everyones into this fully assissted settings and I get creamed due to the pace and pressing. I don't disconnect though even 7-0 down against a guy that knew every exploit in the book.

Also people disconnect when I'm leading...an I being naïve.
Btw fifa online plays like a bloody dream. Couldn't PES play like this? :(

That's randoms for you. Only way of playing v semi or manual players is by organising via online communities as randoms just don't play that way unfortunately. I reckon there should be split servers and then you would find more people to play against. Problem is, people go searching for a game, there's not one available at the time so they have no choice but to search for any.

As for Pro Evo, I played the demo again on the weekend to give it another go. Absolutely terrible game. Hated it. Still can't believe how its gone backwards so much since the PS3 days.

I bought this over the weekend. Got a bit stale playing PES6, and i tired of PES10 long ago. Bought the game on condition that i tried to learn manual, as i ended up flogging Fifa10 because i didn't enjoy the breakneck speed and rugby style tackling.

So i had a few games on Assisted, and merely thought it was ok. Felt a bit faster than Fifa10 which is bad. Felt just as aggressive as well. So i tried Semi, and enjoyed it a little more, so then i tried manual, and i have to say i'm really enjoying it.

Game feels slower and more measured. I'm playing 10 minute halves so i'm in no rush and it's helping my enjoymeny. I'm currently trying to take Slovakia to the finals, playing on professional - full manual. I'm struggling, although i've won 2 of my first 3 qualifiers. I could never get my head round manual, but it seems to have clicked. I'm by no means great, but i'm getting there, and there is a certain satisfaction to be taken from holding on to a 1-0 win against San Marino. :-)

It's fairly decent imo. Pretty shit on assisted, but very good on manual. With PES11 possibly going down this level, i'm pretty optimistic for both Fifa11 and PES11.

As for Pro Evo, I played the demo again on the weekend to give it another go. Absolutely terrible game. Hated it. Still can't believe how its gone backwards so much since the PS3 days.

Slow down there I enjoy PES 2010 but online it sucks donkey balls especially here in South Africa against European players. Sorry for the OT

Fucking hell seven disconnections!!
I am ranked 5380 / 5380 but can't get up due to the tossers disconnecting.

You get the win when someone disconnects. Nearly everyone seems to quit on this game online, usually once ive scored to go 3-0 up.

I've not had many quitters and I'm not having trouble playing against the cheesers. I'm pretty crap and I just did an OWC with Uruguay playing with semi/manual controls. I beat Mauritiaus (3-1), Brazil (4-1) and drew 2-2 with USA then got beat by Paraguay on penalties (fucking joke of a system that is) so anyone else should be ok.

By far the most enjoyable experience of this game has been doing qualifying campaigns with South Africa and Singapore, not sure why that is but it's just so much more enjoyable than even using England or Brazil or whatever, with South Africa I managed to qualify by coming 2nd in the second round Africa group, unfortunately my key defender (6ft 6") got injured before the tournament and missed all 3 group matches which I lost :( With Singapore it's much harder, I failed to even make it out of the first stage of qualifying about 4 times, 5th time I managed to come second and moved into the second group stage but then for the final 3 matches I had the star forward injured and I failed to qualify (despite beating Japan 1-0 away in the final match which was a terrific result).

Really enjoying it! Feels so much better then 10. Started a qualifiying campaign with Argentina but the file got corrupted so I started a new one with Spain and England. Set the teams up in formations and tactics to play as they do in real life (so ones great the other is shit) and the differences in players really stands out far more in this version. I can actually keep hold of the ball with Xavi and play smal intricite passing with the opposition getting really close. The reaction times and turningspeed/sharpness means I can quite easily keep possesion against the mid and lower level teams, against the better ones I have to concentrate just that bit more which is really good. England on the otherhand rely on wingplay and hoping one fo the strikers/gerrard get on the end of them. Possesionplay is really hard, players just have less ball control and turning speed which is really good to see.

If 11 have done the passing/stats as good as they are looking from the previews with a bit of improvement in AI it could be a great game! Lets hope they have sorted the MM out.

Good summary TikX5 - that's where I am with the game too, having switched to fully manual, 10 misn per half.

I'm playing a Full campaign as Germany and by the 3rd game I'd managed to put some nice moves together.

The player individuality is the biggest improvement to '10 in my opinion so as you say, they're on the right track...

please i want help about online world cup 2010
when i go to play someone i cant choose a team its a very big problem i have ps3 120gbs slim what can i do to fix it??? i mean that if someone creates a session and i try to get it and choose a team it lacks and i cant choose a team
sr for my bad english

Back
Top Bottom