PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Would be hilarious if he is trolling and the nets were like hitting a concrete wall

I hope Adam is not trolling , because nets problem is not overrated , it's real
screen from e3 gameplay video :

207278.png

The nets in 2015 are absolutely awful, they remind me of FIFA's early efforts like wire nets with no motion just some impact where the ball hits. It all looks off and considering the movement of the FK nets all those years ago, you would have thought the extra power would make it easy.

I think its more reflective of the quality of the code writers but how anyone in Konami (Adam included) can be happy that they replicate nets is beyond me. They look like sticky spider webs at the moment.

I think they may well have changed them, really awful PR if not!!

yes I did, ball on a string when running, very little depth, very few modes and pure 100mph ping pong. But..........after all that the nets made scoring seem so much more rewarding, kind of odd I know but just watching that vid, some of the goals look great!!!

Football Kingdom was definitely a head of its time (and still best to date) with its net physics. Even the goalies waterbottles can be knocked over. These things do make a huge difference to the feeling of scoring..yes it was arcade in pace etc, but scoring did feel good.

I actually played FK the other day (ps2 console + framemeister upscaler + 100" projector) and put it on "manual" controller (instead of semi or auto). I can say it was definitely a head of its time in terms of manual controls as well (particularly with long balls and short balls). Even shots at goal can be taken manually and you can do a 'low shot' as in pes14 (why did they take this out??). Anyways, my point being, I really liked how FK had the 'yellow aiming cross' which assists manual aiming.. its not quite as intrusive as the arrow (L2) you see in pes14/15. Would love if pes16 had a similar system, or a simple white dot about a meter or 2 from the player instead of this big arrow.

I play full manual passing on pes15, and although I don't need to use the arrow for that, I do use it for manual shooting. I actually think its more realistic than without the arrow. In real life, you generally pick the spot youre aiming to shoot at, and when rushed your bearings are out and you don't have time to get the arrow to point to the right spot. Without the arrow is too much a blind guess with shooting (unless you have heaps of time or our only meters out from goal). Great if PES16 had the option of putting in a more non intrusive aiming system like FK's yellow target, which stayed on (without having to hold L2).

Football Kingdom was definitely a head of its time (and still best to date) with its net physics. Even the goalies waterbottles can be knocked over. These things do make a huge difference to the feeling of scoring..yes it was arcade in pace etc, but scoring did feel good.

I actually played FK the other day (ps2 console + framemeister upscaler + 100" projector) and put it on "manual" controller (instead of semi or auto). I can say it was definitely a head of its time in terms of manual controls as well (particularly with long balls and short balls). Even shots at goal can be taken manually and you can do a 'low shot' as in pes14 (why did they take this out??). Anyways, my point being, I really liked how FK had the 'yellow aiming cross' which assists manual aiming.. its not quite as intrusive as the arrow (L2) you see in pes14/15. Would love if pes16 had a similar system, or a simple white dot about a meter or 2 from the player instead of this big arrow.

I play full manual passing on pes15, and although I don't need to use the arrow for that, I do use it for manual shooting. I actually think its more realistic than without the arrow. In real life, you generally pick the spot youre aiming to shoot at, and when rushed your bearings are out and you don't have time to get the arrow to point to the right spot. Without the arrow is too much a blind guess with shooting (unless you have heaps of time or our only meters out from goal). Great if PES16 had the option of putting in a more non intrusive aiming system like FK's yellow target, which stayed on (without having to hold L2).

Hey buddy, I'm from oz too, looking to play against manual players, what's your psn, play a few games online if your up for it

Man those FK nets.... its like they mo-caped a real football net lol

Im not a net freak but man those animations make the goals look a lot better.

I don't get too fussed about the type of thread/fabric used or individual shape like some seem to, but having the net move realistically definitely makes the goal feel better. And yes it's linked to gameplay. You can't boast about great midfield play, player individuality, so many ways to score a goal etc and then have such a let down when the ball actually hits the back of the net. This is why goalkeeper animations must also be good, otherwise it feels cheap to score.

I agree that ball physics must be up to scratch, but if nets and keepers don't make you skip the replay, then I can probably forgive the ball physics for the time being, while they improve things.

I don't get too fussed about the type of thread/fabric used or individual shape like some seem to, but having the net move realistically definitely makes the goal feel better. And yes it's linked to gameplay. You can't boast about great midfield play, player individuality, so many ways to score a goal etc and then have such a let down when the ball actually hits the back of the net. This is why goalkeeper animations must also be good, otherwise it feels cheap to score.

I agree that ball physics must be up to scratch, but if nets and keepers don't make you skip the replay, then I can probably forgive the ball physics for the time being, while they improve things.

Spot on :APPLAUD:

This, so much this!

I wanna enjoy my replay galeries and spend hours watching them over and over again like a few years ago.

Only saved like 2 or 3 replays on PES 2014 and not a single one on 2015.

I'll believe it only when I see it. The net fetishist in me doesn't wanna get too giddy too quickly.

Please can somebody translate this into English?
PS4

1-4 players local, up to 22 players online.

Online play available with a subscription to PS Plus, not required to play the CPU in MyClub.
Not cross-compatible with players of the PS3 version.

Pixel editor: No (according to original website, not provided image)
Image import: Yes
Stadium editor: Yes
Sound import: No

Game share compatible: Yes
Beam to handheld (PS Vita): Yes

Frame-rate: 60fps
Resolution: 1080p

Other: "Intro cutscenes for all competitions" (according to original website, not provided image)

PS3

1-7 players local, up to 22 players online.

Online play free.

Pixel editor: Yes
Sound import: Yes

Game share compatible: No
Beam to handheld (PSP): No

Resolution: 720p

Other: "Intro cutscenes for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals only" (according to original website, not provided image)

Last edited:
PS4

1-4 players local, up to 22 players online.

Online play available with a subscription to PS Plus, not required to play the CPU in MyClub. Not cross-compatible with players of the PS3 version.

Audio import: No

Game share compatible: Yes
Play on PS Vita: Yes

Resolution: 1080p

Other: "scene of entry for all competitions" (I assume this just means that you watch a cut-scene at the beginning of every match?)

PS3

1-7 players local, up to 22 players online.

Online play free.

Audio import: Yes

Game share compatible: No
Play on PS Vita: No

Resolution: 720p

Other: "scene of entry for UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League" (okay, not 100% sure what this bit means after all)

Thanks Chris :APPLAUD:

Same as last year except image import is now confirmed on Ps4 too.

That translation has two mistakes.
Translate the original website and it says that entrance cutscenes on Ps3 are only during Europa League and Champions League finals.
Pixel editor is only on Ps3, not on Ps4.

Back
Top Bottom