What happened to Evo-Web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
I remember when I first joined in 2003 this place was so busy! There were countless debates, sometimes wars but it was always exciting. As you all know, I have been banned a few times for various reasons but the admin finally decided to give me one more chance for which I am very grateful as Evo-Web provides me with up-to-date information for my gaming needs aswell as the footy banter! These days it just feels like we all have to watch what we say and when we say it - it's SO easy to cause offence now. Remember all the regular posters? Dom Domenico, Classic D, Hutch, Boro, Misfit to name but a few - where have they all gone? Why is this place being run with an iron fist?

This thread isn't attacking any of the admin or moderator staff (who I think usually do a fine job), it's just to find out what you guys think of this place of late? Who misses the old days? Is it because I am getting old?

:)

Like I stated before DJ, this isn't a thread to stir up any arguments or point fingers mate. I just wonder why it's so damn strict around here these days?

:lmao: Good point jaygrim :D

The rules haven't changed, times have changed, and people have changed. I think that's what it is.

I remember I joined in 2003 and hardly ever posted! Can't even remember why I joined actually? :lmao: Ah maybe the hands of fate just got hold of me and pulled me in.

I have always thought that this site was very strict but then there are alot of time wasters been and gone, i myself get alot of stick for being a wum as its now called , thats ok because i am a wind up merchant , never tried to hide it sure thats what football banter is all about , i love the rivalry in football for me personally i hate liverpool not dis - like , HATE, have never hid that either, i contribute hundreds of start screens to this community ok some would say big deal, not very technichal blah blah , but thats the difference between BLUE4LIFEand the time wasters i contribute and they just pop in now and then to wind up and to be honest so what, to many children huffin and puffin throwing acusations around you did this , you said that, in the end ive been a member of this community for some time now and i enjoy the craic, i love a wind up and it amazes me they fall for it time after time, i have a great sence of humour, i know pat on the back but true , so people just loosen up a little , ill wind you up a lot , thats what i enjoy , im a passionate fan of everton of course, ive never insulted any one, we all love the game , our own personal clubs , enjoy the game , enjoy the craic and enjoy the banter......:D

Last edited:
God this is gonna make me sound so fucking old.....

I have been here since the beginning and I guess the main thing you notice is that as time moves on so do the people who visit the site. I am sure most of us remember the main posters who have come and gone as those people left a mark, some of the newer members seem to just visit the site to get the edity stuff and then fuck off never to be seen again.

I do however think that those who do post regularly now are a decent set of lads and there is still some banter to be had without causing offence

you cunts :D

I joined quite a while ago now - as I was trying to patch PES. After alot of help and many snapped cds later I got there and managed to patch it :)

It was amazing.

I never really used to post - just used to come in and get info. Maybe ask a question or two. I think it was this forum when I posted a guide on how to put longer pieces of music into a patch?

So even though I have been a member for a while - I didn't really until now have proper conversations or a laugh with anyone on these forums.

But after my chipped PS2 died - I didn't patch anymore and started to look around and mainly posted on the football threads.

Then I went next Gen and have met some funny people. In the Fifa leagues etc.

I think there are still alot of characters on here and I enjoy myself anyway.

PS I do think people should calm down abit though. Especially in Football threads. If someone posts a funny picture or something about your team - take it with a pinch of salt. Have a laugh about it. Thats what footy banter is all about!

God this is gonna make me sound so fucking old.....

I have been here since the beginning and I guess the main thing you notice is that as time moves on so do the people who visit the site. I am sure most of us remember the main posters who have come and gone as those people left a mark, some of the newer members seem to just visit the site to get the edity stuff and then fuck off never to be seen again.

I do however think that those who do post regularly now are a decent set of lads and there is still some banter to be had without causing offence

you cunts :D
You fookin arsehole :)

And as CW said there are some decent people on here. Decent banter and a laugh and a joke along the way.

Came here for editing WE5/6 in 2002. Met Noted and created Notista... HAHA that was funny. I remember Dermot going around creating threads asking what the hell NOTISTA was. Saw ppl come and go. Was always posting here even when I joined, so I guess I've been a regular for about 5ish years now.

I genuinely don't remember how or why I joined, or when I became a regular. I have a disgraceful memory that has always confused family members, doctors and thinktanks across the land (no seriously, I'm at the same memory level as someone aged 50-60).

I played and patched FIFA 99 (with all the uploading being done at an internet café, that was fun), played another FIFA or two after that but then I fell in love with ISS PE2 - around the same time that I was granted my first home internet connection - so I'm sure they're related.

I think the first patch I ever downloaded was the Rh4ps0dy patch. That name will always stick with me, despite my memory loss. The best one though was the WE-UK patch for WE6FE. Playing as Tranmere, complete with our best modern-day player Andy Parkinson, in a brilliant game with a Sky Sports look and feel. Those were the days man, those were the days.

Last edited:
Haha good posts guys!

I remember when the PES3 demo came out in Game - I rushed to town and bought it for £1.99, rushed home and WOW - it blew me away (even though there was slow-down when you scored and it was buggy). I remember Evo-Web at the time was at it's most busiest and everyone LOVED the demo after we were all dissapointed with PES2 with it's fast gameplay.

Good days!

I remember that as well! Dad driving me down to the shops like a rally-driving maniac just for a demo of a football game (which you had to pay for incidentally), insanity. But it was great. I didn't know you'd been here that long!

I remember that as well! Dad driving me down to the shops like a rally-driving maniac just for a demo of a football game (which you had to pay for incidentally), insanity. But it was great. I didn't know you'd been here that long!

Mate I was here in the PES2 days! We all waited for PES3 with so much excitement and anxiety! I remember some guy had it early and we were all asking him the usual questions - I seriously ADORED that game. It was the first title to feature a few licensed kits if I remember correctly? Roma, AC Milan and a few others which I forget.

Mate I was here in the PES2 days! We all waited for PES3 with so much excitement and anxiety! I remember some guy had it early and we were all asking him the usual questions - I seriously ADORED that game. It was the first title to feature a few licensed kits if I remember correctly? Roma, AC Milan and a few others which I forget.
I can remember bunking off of work.... buying a Chicken Sandwich from the Fast Food place, going to our local independant Video Game shop (when they existed) and buying one of the ONLY copies of PES3 for PS2. I remember loving the game and pissing my mate off who had a "so-called" pre order with the shop I bought it from.

As I arrived a strange looking geezer had a litte cardboard box and I asked "Is that PES3" the woman said "Yes" I said "I want it!!!".....

I cant remember exactly why I joined here either. I had been banned from PESGAMING or INSIGHT as it once was because I was drunk as a sack and told the Admin to ban me and called him a fuckhead. (god I was immature then!) I posted a bit at PESFAN but it got boring... very boring in fact..

1 Thing I do regret is leaving here before, Real life was becoming a complete nightmare and I took everything said to me SERIOUSLY..... I should have taken Jack Bauers advice and just carried on. Life couldnt be better nowadays!

its 20 years Man and boy, then you repeat it, like this;

I've been a member here 20 years Man and boy.......Man and Boy.

i contribute hundreds of start screens to this community
Filling threads with hundreds of start screens that nobody uses is hardly a contribution but meh. Ever thought of making an interesting or funny post or having a debate in one of the fan threads? Just an idea.

Anyway, I joined the site about a year or two ago. I think I came across it when I was looking for proper player names to put into my PS2 game but I found out you could patch the game properly.
I didnt wanna chip my PS2 and then realised PC patching could go much further so I bought the PC version and got into editing that.

Then I gradually started coming in these other forums and here we are today! I guess I'm still a 'noob' as they say.

I feel like I've missed the good ol' days. I want to reminisce. Boo.

Haha good posts guys!

I remember when the PES3 demo came out in Game - I rushed to town and bought it for £1.99, rushed home and WOW - it blew me away (even though there was slow-down when you scored and it was buggy). I remember Evo-Web at the time was at it's most busiest and everyone LOVED the demo after we were all dissapointed with PES2 with it's fast gameplay.

Good days!

I got that and posted clips on here for everyone to see haha

I first came here to download an option file that Mart made and had to buy some kind of lead to get it to transfer to the PS2

I also remember running tournies on here with highlights of each games. Then Mart joined in and we even had match reports, what a pain in the arse that was :)

Ive been fairly on and off on this place but I admit the footy banter is good and also it has quietened off a bit

Does anyone else remember an old member "Sulph" he was a Chelsea fan, what happend to him ?

quoted by jumberto......... Filling threads with hundreds of start screens that nobody uses is hardly a contribution but meh.

See what i mean , hey you sure you aint blue4life or one of his alter-ego`s ;)

You cant hurt me! im the KING OF wum ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom