WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Re: Winning Eleven 9 - Official Discussion Thread Part 2

Everyone stop asking about Robinho, I doubt they ahve it as his move was confirmed only this weekend or Friday, by then the game was already made.

Anyway... who cares? You can solve that in a second with a memory card! Really, the only thing that matters is gameplay and stadia, the rest is pretty much customizable via patches.

nufc_fan123 said:
press down on the R3 stick aswell
That doesnt work, thats why I was suprised

Can you people talk about the boot editing option? What is it about? Can you like draw on the boot? and put your name on it? Please, Thanks

Most important question of all: IS THERE ANY SLOWDOWN!?

What about the tempo, is it faster than in PES4 or slower.

I hope it's like in PES3, which had perfect tempo.

Played 3 matches, the first free-kick I got was with Nakamura as Japan and I put it in the top bag :). Went into training and the free-kicks seem WEIRD. I used Nakamura again, but when I held in R1 as he runs up, the shot goes WAAAY to the right. Hold in L1 and it does the same, but to the left! By this I mean it doesn't seem to go where you aimed originally, unsure whether it's for faking your opponent in multiplayer so they don't know where you're shooting.

The R2 shot is lovely, honestly, some of the goals you will be able to score will be marvellous. Del Piero + R2 shot = bliss ;).

Santos and Sao Paulo are in the game, Egypt are GONE completely, from what I saw. :eh:

One small concern is fouls, the refs love to blow for the smallest of challenges.

Player ratings are MUCH better, loads of 7s and already had an 8.5, after 3 games. It also puts a star next to the man of the match, in case he has the same rating as someone else.

Replay cameras are GREAT, you can get the higher view back now, AND view the goal from the camera angle you play the game on (ie, FAR, WIDE, etc).

First impressions are the game is great, the overall pace is a lot slower now, A LOT slower and be prepared to watch the AI pass it about a little to keep possession. Will play some more and post.

hullybull, not even playing online, 4 on 4, milan vs real super wide cam, high-def textures, light effects, smoke and rain, commentary and audience at 3*, and 22 players in the same four square meters. ;) How come shall he know? Give the dude a break! :P

BTW, through pass? Is it cool? Super cancel?

I've expeirenced no slowdown in gameplay. But then I never do lol :D

that L1 and r1 business sounds like they've got rid of the need to fiddle with the right analogue stick to change the direction. Try it with corners, you should find the same if this is true. I used it in PES4 to do Scholes/Rooney corners to someone on the edge of the box for a first time volley.

In that case how do you make those minor alterations of the shot path, since r1 was used for a lower harder shot last time..

For all our boot-freaks out there, here is the truth about boots.

You have 9 slots which you can chose for the player. Now you all think ''shit thats horrible'' but now the great thing. In the edit mode the last option is some kind of shoes-option. There you can assign boots to one of the 9 slots. There are 12 adidas boots available but only 9 of them can be assigned. You still follow? I swapped one adidas boot with an editable boot. And really you can do everything with the editable boot.. There are I think 9 layers to put on the boot! So you really can make every kind of editable boot! The colours are the same as when you make a logo now! So rainbow-choice! So I maked a Lotto Zhero boot. Then you have to chose 4 colours for it. And then that boot is available to the player too in 4 colours!

Now I am gonna play some matches :)

ClassicD said:
Played 3 matches, the first free-kick I got was with Nakamura as Japan and I put it in the top bag :). Went into training and the free-kicks seem WEIRD. I used Nakamura again, but when I held in R1 as he runs up, the shot goes WAAAY to the right. Hold in L1 and it does the same, but to the left! By this I mean it doesn't seem to go where you aimed originally, unsure whether it's for faking your opponent in multiplayer so they don't know where you're shooting.

The R2 shot is lovely, honestly, some of the goals you will be able to score will be marvellous. Del Piero + R2 shot = bliss ;).

Santos and Sao Paulo are in the game, Egypt are GONE completely, from what I saw. :eh:

One small concern is fouls, the refs love to blow for the smallest of challenges.

Player ratings are MUCH better, loads of 7s and already had an 8.5, after 3 games. It also puts a star next to the man of the match, in case he has the same rating as someone else.

Replay cameras are GREAT, you can get the higher view back now, AND view the goal from the camera angle you play the game on (ie, FAR, WIDE, etc).

First impressions are the game is great, the overall pace is a lot slower now, A LOT slower and be prepared to watch the AI pass it about a little to keep possession. Will play some more and post.

Hello mate

re: the speed of the game. this is music to my ears! anymore info on the pace - perhaps it feels differnt depending on the teams being used? will be most welcome.

all the best

db

ClassicD said:
the overall pace is a lot slower now, A LOT slower

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Great News! More tactical play hopefully....

Downfall2 said:
YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Great News! More tactical play hopefully....

Good news indeed.

One thing no-one has mentioned:

GOALKEEPERS

GFK said:
For all our boot-freaks out there, here is the truth about boots.

You have 9 slots which you can chose for the player. Now you all think ''shit thats horrible'' but now the great thing. In the edit mode the last option is some kind of shoes-option. There you can assign boots to one of the 9 slots. There are 12 adidas boots available but only 9 of them can be assigned. You still follow? I swapped one adidas boot with an editable boot. And really you can do everything with the editable boot.. There are I think 9 layers to put on the boot! So you really can make every kind of editable boot! The colours are the same as when you make a logo now! So rainbow-choice! So I maked a Lotto Zhero boot. Then you have to chose 4 colours for it. And then that boot is available to the player too in 4 colours!

Now I am gonna play some matches :)

Aahh this sounds great thanks a lot.. So you can only have 9 in the slots and then you have extras which if you want to choose from you have to replace one of the 9 by the extra that you want to use?

how's phisical contact between players? and can you gain a big distance advantage after passing though a defender with a fast winger? or it's like in previous versions where we get caught easily?

Do defenders trip over the attacker lesser now ?!? And are the lobs fixed (cos they were too easy) ?

\\:o/ Great !

mattster12 said:
EVERY face inculding the generic has a different pallette:D
So this should mean that every face can be a special pallette, this is amazing if you like faces:D

Oh for the unlicensed teams and the ones who cant patch.. You can edit the kit till death!! 9 types of letter and numers. 2 colours for both for number and border around it. Name high on back or low. Logo on short. And you can create every really every type of shirt you want! Same as with boots, you make your shirt in different stages, first collar (thousand choices) then middle of shirt etc etc And for everything rainbow colour choice. Yes Edit-mode is splendid!

AAAAhh!!!!! Edit mode!!! Sounds too good!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info!! As you can see I love editing hehe

GFK or others.. i'm assuming stats still go back to default when you start ML huh?

anyone who has the game , out of 100,how much do u guys rate them???
anything that can be improved? I really hope that balls can be editted too....,right?

Whoa! Edit mode sounds amazing and full of surprises. I hope there are some new editable templates ie nike, adidas, etc...

Hey,
Im new. On neoseeker sometimes but I came here as there is more info here.

My question is online mode. Is it possible to play we online even though the game is not pal

i have a question, the t-shirt out of the shorts can be assigned in edit mode or it can be so only during the match?

thank you, sorry for my english :)

Back
Top Bottom