WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

konami release dates including PES 2008. no exactly date, just autumn

http://gamers-creed.com/Gaming/20.html

look on WENB blog ;)
http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

PES 2008 Date Confirmed?

I popped into work today to see how things were looking. A bit sad on your week off I know, but it turns out it was fortunate that I did. I arrived in the office the very same time we got a call from head office. A lot of the info passed on was from E3 (including Sony's shocking decision not to do a PS3 price cut in Europe), but one of the things I was told was a few official release dates.

Right now, according to Konami's retail correspondance, the release date of PES 2008 is October 26th. I was told this could change, but thats the target date.

Personally I think thats too far away. Thank goodness for Leipzig next month!

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

So what have we learn't so far?
We have learned that we have learned nothing ;)

Seriously, I think people start bull shit-discussions as soon as there is no news.
But did we learn this? NO, we do that every year! We learned nothing :shock:
Apart from me of course, else I wasn't able to make such a good analyse ;)

guys i think konami will blow a big sprise after the Asia 2007 cup finish i the japanese community need the game from konami and that only a guessing from me :) and i need some guy to let me know something very important here if the game out it will me malti region from xbox 360 or the american ver will be out late ?

WENB Podcast 007, NOW LIVE

HEAD OVER TO THE BLOG

WTF i want some new sh1t

Go work for Konami and tell us something then.

@ suffdaddy or any W.E.N.B team ..
i have only one question :D
in W.E.N.B. Team .. you have Egyptian one ( Adeel Ahmad ) ???
i really need to know .. cuz this is Egyptian name :D
thanx

@ suffdaddy or any W.E.N.B team ..
i have only one question :D
in W.E.N.B. Team .. you have Egyptian one ( Adeel Ahmad ) ???
i really need to know .. cuz this is Egyptian name :D
thanx

Yep hes Egyptian. I actually think hes moving back over there soon.

GREAT !
so if i can .. can i know any info about him or have his e mail ? ;)

Thanks Adonis for release date, was that for XBox360 as well?

Thanks Adonis for release date, was that for XBox360 as well?

Yeh all formats mate.

@ mimoman all contact details can be found on our blog.

Thanks Adonis and Suff, no news about PES2008 but always the same pleasure to listen guys !

Adonis, it's me or you speak about a superior version on PS3 ? you want a ban or what !!??

:lol:

Superior PS3 version or not, I'm growing more and more "satisfied" with the graphics PES2008 have reached so far.

The level of detail is "ok"... and in motion it will definetly look good.

Still the colours are far from next-gen, though. So is the lightening... but one step at a time, I guess.

@ Adonis : sorry mate but i cant find any contact details :S
can you post link for that ?
i can only find ( Email Me ) link but there is no any contact details
and sorry again :)

Can someone provide a summary about any info/rumors/possibilities included in the podcast? I really don't have time to listen to all of it... much appreciated.

If we see it in motion then we can decide about the graphics, screenshots won´t work for me i want to see it in motion, but with the shirt pulling, sweat, hair and shirts flow in the air i´l be very HAPPYB:D

I wonder what his intentions are...;)

I want them to hurry up and tell us some more. Leipzig is too far away.

So according to adonis in the podcast thread, his contacts "sounded negative" about untucked shirts. That is just absurd. I mean, honestly, if you can't get something like untucked shirts into games, then how can we expect you to get all our other requests/suggestions, or any of them, for that matter. Glad to see they included the pub, instead of untucked shirts. Well done. (I hope this "negative sound" was just a misunderstanding). PES is such a great game, it just gets so old to not see improvements.

So according to adonis in the podcast thread, his contacts "sounded negative" about untucked shirts. That is just absurd. I mean, honestly, if you can't get something like untucked shirts into games, then how can we expect you to get all our other requests/suggestions, or any of them, for that matter. Glad to see they included the pub, instead of untucked shirts. Well done. (I hope this "negative sound" was just a misunderstanding). PES is such a great game, it just gets so old to not see improvements.

Out of interest did you only start playing PES when it had untucked shirts?

It's a transition period, give them a tiny bit of slack before they are inevitably ripped apart as there is no way that peoples' expectations will be met.

edit: i'm personally refusing to play PES until they add a throw-a-coin at Anders Frisk mode. Me and many others will buy fifa if this much needed feature isn't included.

Last edited:

lol @ badgerman you crack me up! They could make it so that if you throw your Six Axis at your TV screen (a GREAT idea!) then a coin or a Missile gets chucked at the referee.... game abandoned! Or a coin gets thrown at Jamie Carragher, he throws it BACK into the crowd and gets sent off at Highbury (im sure Konami wont update the stadiums so that will be ok) :)

Out of interest did you only start playing PES when it had untucked shirts?

It's a transition period, give them a tiny bit of slack before they are inevitably ripped apart as there is no way that peoples' expectations will be met.

edit: i'm personally refusing to play PES until they add a throw-a-coin at Anders Frisk mode. Me and many others will buy fifa if this much needed feature isn't included.

Yea but you also got to remember that the "untucked shirt" is not a new feature to the PES/Winning Eleven series that we are asking for, its already been implemented in the last-gen so it doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't be carrying it on to the PES2008.Its like Konami's motto is one step forward two step backwards.It also brings alot realism to the aspect's of the game considering being only a "minor" feature compared to other more "important" features in the game.

Last edited:

I think you mean 2 steps backwards DEKI. I agree with you on that. This time I hope they really get the AI sorted. No more bullshit scripting. Also no more Statued players... let us move them when we want to and where we want them to.

On the untucked shirts "movement" starting up, is it confirmed that the regular tucked shirts will have independent movement? If not adding untucked shirts will look stupid in their rigid form, and if the shirts are with movement its probably quite a bit of calculation needed to get the untucked shirts to move properly. After all tucked shirts dont actually move that much, a couple of creases here and there that alter with the players movement (which can/is probably simulated with an independent shader linked to the players movement). With the untucked part so visible they would probably have to calculate the movement in a physics model which would take up a lot of space. I dont think they could do it with a shader model as i can imagine it would just look weird.

Speaking of 1-step-forward-2-step-backwards, anyone remember having players hair move(pes3 i think), only for it to be taken away again........probably to use the space for some extra ai cheating crap.

Last edited:

If the facial expressions look like this when they score:

_44000241_baptista203.jpg

Then I won't complain about the graphics again this year. Scout's honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom