TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Apparenly 2K add some players later on DLC

2K could easily invest 1% of the money it makes from idiots via the microtranscations of the NBA game to provide a fully licensed ATP/WTA roster but they've become so greedy they just don't care. Even the UI of TopSpin 2k25 is almost identical to TS4. They're just lucky they already have solid gameplay foundations because of the incredible guys at 2k Czech.

Some confirmations :
- Crossplay (Ex : One vs PS5)
- 60 FPS in all plateform

Glad the game has crossplay as will mean the low amount of PC players will be able to find people to actually play.
As wouldn't really expect this to sell too well on PC given they have Tennis Elbow and Full Ace.

I am going to buy it as want to give it a go, but if this isn't moddable will be a very quick experience.

to me it still looks better than some tennis games, the minus is the movement, not quite yet, but I hope they improve it

The cloth physics look nice. The character model rendering looks kind of uncanny but it looks good enough. If the gameplay is like TS4 and there aren't any invasive amounts of microtransactions or any bs like that, then it might turn out to be a very decent game.

TS4 was an incredible game. Only found out about this a couple of days ago, hyped for its release.

Watched an interview of one of the leading devs and he was quite honest about the game. In general he said that they built up on the existing gameplay foundations with some improvements to mechanics and rallies which are now shorter especially in matches between top players vs mediocre ones. He didn't provide any further info on the career mode for which they'll release a more in-depth video later this month.
The general consensus is that the game is like the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remaster. I still believe the price for the Grand Slam Edition is shockingly expensive despite me saying last year I wouldn't have any problem splashing a lot of money in a quality tennis game. At this price there must be a roster of at least 70-75 real licenced players with their signature moves and styles. We're only getting the 1/3 of those at best.

View attachment 268273
Some crazy tennis detective on Evo ?

Look like Miami and Cincinnati
Miami Open (Miami - USA) confirmed
hard_rock.png

I've just seen this and tbh I am not convinced. I tried to avoid this hype train about Top Spin 2k25 before and this confirms my scepticism.

Do you see any big difference between this and let's say AO Tennis or Tiebreak? Apart from more flawless anims, it's very similar. This is not like real tennis when you play it or watch on TV.

I've just seen this and tbh I am not convinced. I tried to avoid this hype train about Top Spin 2k25 before and this confirms my scepticism.

Do you see any big difference between this and let's say AO Tennis or Tiebreak? Apart from more flawless anims, it's very similar. This is not like real tennis when you play it or watch on TV.
Both AO Tennis and Tiebreak are completely unplayable. This video is Hum vs Hum with players having top ratings so ofc you would expect different gameplay compared to playing against the cpu. There are several videos against the cpu and the gameplay, even as a TS4+, is thousand times better than AO, Tiebreak or TWT.

Djokovic, Nadal and Henin confirmed by Rakuten France ?

Treize années après le dernier Top Spin, la franchise culte de tennis fait son grand retour sur console. TopSpin 2K25, c'est la simulation par excellence de ce sport noble qui électrise les foules à chaque tounoi. Incarnez des légendes comme Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal ou encore Roger Federer dans des matchs où le stress est légion. Créez votre propre tennisman ou tenniswoman, affûtez vos compétences en coup droit, revers et service (à la cuillère) et remportez les tournois du Grand Chelem les uns après les autres. Et si c'était vous le nouveau français à remporter Roland-Garros ? C'est tout le mal que l'on vous souhaite. Marchez sur les traces de Pete Sampras, d'André Agassi, Serana Williams et Justine Henin n'a jamais été aussi facile. A vous de jouer !
https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/s/jeu+video+topspin+2k25

Last edited:
Full womens roster :

- Belinda Bencic
- Caroline Wozniacki
- Coco Gauff
- Emma Raducanu
- Iga Swiatek
- Karolina Pliskova
- Leylah Fernandez
- Madison Keys
- Naomi Osaka
- Paula Badosa
- Sloane Stephens

Full mens roster :
- Andy Murray
- Ben Shelton
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Daniil Medvedev
- Frances Tiafo
- Matteo Berrettini
- Taylor Fritz

7 mens it's a joke, we need quickly an huge DLC... :BORED:

Last edited:
Full women roster :

- Belinda Bencic
- Caroline Wozniacki
- Coco Gauff
- Emma Raducanu
- Iga Swiatek
- Karolina Pliskova
- Leylah Fernandez
- Madison Keys
- Naomi Osaka
- Paula Badosa
- Sloane Stephens
How much do the players and the tennis associations ask for licences, millions?? It's rather disappointing having just a 11 women roster. I don't think we can even blame 2K for this. It's just pure greed, I wouldn't ask for a penny to have my character on a tennis videogame even if I was No1 and the GOAT.

You really need at least 16 men and 16 women.
That is the absolutely minimum there should be for a tennis game.

2K should be absolutely ashamed of themselves charging over £100 for a tennis game with no players.

More players will coming. Free or dlc, we don't know. Tsitsipas, Ruud are in. It's roster day, so there will be more in the next hours🤞
No, the roster as complete, now we need to wait for first DLC with probably one with Nadal and one with Djokovic... marketing...

So the game has (without the retired "legends") a roster of 7 men regarding real players? Is this some kind of joke?
This is what we're getting at launch:
Murray - 57
Shelton - 16
Alcaraz - 2
Medvedev - 4
Tiafoe - 21
Berrettini - 133
Fritz - 13

I'm speechless.

So the game has (without the retired "legends") a roster of 7 men regarding real players? Is this some kind of joke?
This is what we're getting at launch:
Murray - 57
Shelton - 16
Alcaraz - 2
Medvedev - 4
Tiafoe - 21
Berrettini - 133
Fritz - 13

I'm speechless.
Really? If that's is what they are going with, then I'm saving my money.

Is this a joke ? Finally we have a good tennis game but we have only 7 player ... I cant understand, they have a 4 GS license but no player. How can we play carear mode with 7 players ?

They will reveal more, but I hope that there will not be 7 new ones again.

with DLC everything will be expensive, the original price for so few players is very expensive in my terms.

Let's hope there will be other players with slightly changed names so the community can fix this on day 1.

TOPSPIN 2K25 ROSTER REVEALED BRIDGING PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OF TENNIS ICONS​

Pros of the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and today take to the court decked out in an array of the hottest apparel brands in the sport
Today, 2K announced the official TopSpin 2K25 roster and list of apparel brands that will be available when the game launches in April 2024. In addition to Standard Edition and digital-only Grand Slam® Edition cover icons Roger Federer and Serena Williams, and Deluxe Edition cover stars Carlos Alcaraz, Iga Świątek, and Francis Tiafoe, a who’s who of past and present titans of the court make up a roster of 25 playable pros at launch, with additional post-launch pros to be announced. Players can relive historic battles between legends like John McEnroe and Andre Agassi, or pit the greats of the past, such as Steffi Graff and Pete Sampras, against rising stars of today, like Paula Badosa and Matteo Berrettini, to determine who really are the all-time kings and queens of the court.
The TopSpin 2K25 roster at launch includes:
  • Roger Federer;
  • Serena Williams;
  • Carlos Alcaraz;
  • Iga Świątek;
  • Frances Tiafoe;
  • Andre Agassi;
  • Andy Murray;
  • Belinda Bencic;
  • Ben Shelton;
  • Caroline Wozniacki;
  • Coco Gauff;
  • Daniil Medvedev;
  • Emma Raducanu;
  • John McEnroe;
  • Karolina Pliskova;
  • Leylah Fernandez;
  • Madison Keys;
  • Maria Sharapova;
  • Matteo Berrettini;
  • Naomi Osaka;
  • Paula Badosa;
  • Pete Sampras;
  • Sloane Stephens;
  • Steffi Graf;
  • Taylor Fritz;
  • And more to come.
In addition to a star-studded roster, TopSpin 2K25 features an array of licensed apparel brands, offering a true-to-life presentation of pros’ on-court uniforms, as well as a variety of customization options for unique MyPLAYERs. From the all-white Wimbledon kits, to 1980s and 1990s fashion statements (not to mention hairstyles), to the colorful costumes of modern pros, a wide range of options are available.
Apparel brands available in TopSpin 2K25 at launch include:
  • adidas;
  • Asics;
  • Babolat;
  • Castore;
  • Fila;
  • Free People Movement;
  • Goodr;
  • Head;
  • Hugo Boss;
  • Lacoste;
  • Lululemon;
  • Market;
  • New Balance;
  • Nike;
  • On;
  • Original Penguin;
  • Prince;
  • Tecnifibre;
  • Uniqlo;
  • Wilson;
  • Yonex;
  • And more to come.

The TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition and Grand Slam® Edition will be available starting on April 23, 2024 –up to three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions! TopSpin 2K25 Standard and Cross-Gen Editions will be available Friday, April 26, 2024.* Additional information on the TopSpin 2K25 arenas, gameplay, Centre Court Pass, and more will be shared soon.

Developed by Hangar 13, TopSpin 2K25 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB. For more information on TopSpin 2K25, please visit https://topspin.2k.com/. Follow TopSpin 2K on TikTok, Instagram, X, YouTube, and Facebook for the latest TopSpin 2K25 news.

Hangar 13 is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

Internet connection and online Account (minimum age varies) required to access online features and redeem and use bonus content, including MyCareer, MyPlayer, 2K Tour and World Tour. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for additional details. Some in-game content may require online gameplay to unlock. Online console play may require separate paid platform subscription and account registration. Terms apply.

*Early Access available for Deluxe and Grand Slam® Editions only. Early Access for physical copies of TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition only available at participating retailers and stores in select territories while stocks last. See TopSpin2K.com for more details.

TopSpin 2K25 Andre Agassi.pngTopSpin 2K25 Ben Shelton.pngTopSpin 2K25 Naomi Osaka.png
https://newsroom.2k.com/news/topspi...dging-past-present-and-future-of-tennis-icons

Roster is a joke at the moment. Hope we have more via dlc. Even paid, i will pay for nadal, nole and venus...
Yes roster is very underwhelming. I'm not gonna pay though £3.99-£7.99 for Nadal or any extra player. It's one of the reasons I didn't buy Dragon's Dogma 2. Sorry but I'm too old and I think wise and experienced enough to avoid be scammed and treated like an idiot by all these greedy companies. I'd rather save the money and buy something nice for my children. Whoever is behind these predatory tactics (2K, ATP, WTA) should be ashamed.

Back
Top Bottom