TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Is this the same game as that one on the Xbox back in the day?

I would say no, as it is a completely new developer.

The developer being used is the same developer who made the god awful Mafia remake.
I am sure though 2K wouldn't of used them if they were not showing promise of making a decent game.

Will buy this and give it a go, as there needs to be a half decent tennis game available on console.
All the ones played recently like Match Point and a couple of others have all been disappointing.
The only decent tennis game I played in the last 5 years is Full Ace which is brilliant - Just a shame it is a bit too easy.

Paris Master, Monte-Carlos, Cincinnati, Mutua Madrid Open and Nitto ATP confirmed

535502_65f02c7c37beb.jpeg

https://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/t/o/top-spin-2k25/xl/top-spin-2k25-65f02504375d8.jpg
https://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/t/o/top-spin-2k25/xl/top-spin-2k25-65f0241f7da2c.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Top Spin 4.5, we kinda expected that though. Early gameplay videos must be on easy difficulty as we can see the classic bad positioning and out of reach balls. I don't even know why such difficulty option exists in tennis games but whatever.
Animations look a bit more refined but we'll need gameplay videos from hard difficulty and above to check how the game treats unforced errors, fatigue, shots placement etc. Roster is limited as expected.
Even as a Top Spin 4 reboot/remaster ig obviously puts to shame all the other "commercial" tennis games.
Bring it on.

TopSpin 2K25 features over 24 playable pros, including the biggest names in tennis both past and present! Play as tennis legends and dominate the court with Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, John McEnroe, and Maria Sharapova, or choose from the next generation of stars, featuring Carlos Alcaraz, Frances Tiafoe, Iga Swiatek, Coco Gauff, Naomi Osaka, Taylor Fritz, and more!

In TopSpin 2K25, you can deliver sensational shots with the aforementioned pros in casual exhibition matches or online on the 2K Tour. Take a look at the full list of playable pros below!

I think it looks pretty good. Where are the moaning sounds, though? :LOL:
There will be lots from the customers. I hope they have revamped the career mode and they didn't keep it exactly the same because I can see a backlash coming if this one it's just a remaster with an updated roster and slight gameplay changes. I don't personally mind if that's the case but 2K needs to deliver more changes for the price their asking especially for the Grand Slam Edition.
I know they've been working for some time on this game but the release announcement is very quick. It's like the Sony announcements of some of their games ported to PC.

Roster and courts confirmed for the moment (up to date on the first page)

Roster Mens :
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Francis Tiafo
- Taylor Fritz
- Daniil Medvedev

Roster Womens :
- Iga Świątek
- Coco Gauff
- Emma Raducanu
- Naomi Osaka
- Caroline Wozniacki

Roster Legends :
- Roger Federer
- Andre Agassi
- John McEnroe
- Pete Sampras
- Serena Williams
- Steffi Graf
- Maria Sharapova

Licensed Courts :
- Australian Open (Melbourn)
- Roland Garros (Paris - France)
- Wimbledon (London - England)
- US Open (New-York City - USA)
- Indian Wells Open (Indian Wells - USA)
- Rolex Paris Masters (Paris - France)
- Monte-Carlos Rolex Masters (Monte-Carlos - Monaco)
- Cincinnati Open (Cincinnati - USA)
- Mutua Madrid Open (Madrid - Spain)
- Canadian Open (Toronto - Canada)
- Nitto ATP Finals (Turin - Italy)
- ATP Auckland Open (Auckland - New-Zealand)

Roster and courts confirmed for the moment (up to date on the first page)

Roster Mens :
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Francis Tiafo
- Taylor Fritz
- Daniil Medvedev

Roster Womens :
- Iga Świątek
- Coco Gauff
- Emma Raducanu
- Naomi Osaka
- Caroline Wozniacki

Roster Legends :
- Roger Federer
- Andre Agassi
- John McEnroe
- Pete Sampras
- Serena Williams
- Steffi Graf
- Maria Sharapova

Licensed Courts :
- Australian Open (Melbourn)
- Roland Garros (Paris - France)
- Wimbledon (London - England)
- US Open (New-York City - USA)
- Indian Wells Open (Indian Wells - USA)
- Rolex Paris Masters (Paris - France)
- Monte-Carlos Rolex Masters (Monte-Carlos - Monaco)
- Cincinnati Open (Cincinnati - USA)
- Mutua Madrid Open (Madrid - Spain)
- Canadian Open (Toronto - Canada)
- Nitto ATP Finals (Turin - Italy)
- ATP Auckland Open (Auckland - New-Zealand)
That has to be the worse roster of licensed players I have ever seen in a game.
4 men and 5 women and only 2 men and 2 women in the current top 10, with the 3 others in not even in the top 200.
So if you play a tournament you will be playing absolutely no one till the semi-final.
Can only assume they are just testing the water this year and seeing if anyone actually buys the game and if feedback is good from gameplay they will add more players next year.

Men:
- Carlos Alcaraz - No 2
- Francis Tiafo - No 18
- Taylor Fritz - No 12
- Daniil Medvedev - No 4

Roster Womens :
- Iga Świątek - No 1
- Coco Gauff - No 3
- Emma Raducanu - No 250
- Naomi Osaka - 287
- Caroline Wozniacki - No 204

Thanks for all of the information @ThomasGOAL videos look promising, it is not a huge upgrade of Top Spin 4 but given some of the rubbish that we have had from some other companies then this is good.
You're welcome Kamy
yeah, during the last years so many people just want Topspin 4 with actual graphics (like PES 5/6).
I think 2K just test the waters to see if it is profitable or not.

That has to be the worse roster of licensed players I have ever seen in a game.
4 men and 5 women and only 2 men and 2 women in the current top 10, with the 3 others in not even in the top 200.
So if you play a tournament you will be playing absolutely no one till the semi-final.
Can only assume they are just testing the water this year and seeing if anyone actually buys the game and if feedback is good from gameplay they will add more players next year.

Men:
- Carlos Alcaraz - No 2
- Francis Tiafo - No 18
- Taylor Fritz - No 12
- Daniil Medvedev - No 4

Roster Womens :
- Iga Świątek - No 1
- Coco Gauff - No 3
- Emma Raducanu - No 250
- Naomi Osaka - 287
- Caroline Wozniacki - No 204
True, I hope ne more legends (I really don't care).
We need wait for some players confirmations like "Paula Badosa No 73", "Ben Shelton No 16"and "Casper Ruud No 9"
So 7 new players still unknows, I hope some players DLC.

Last edited:
Is the terrible player roster something that could be fixed with AO Tennis's roster editor / file share system? And is it a likely addition to the game? Because without it, I'm not sure how you'd enjoy the game.

I absolutely adored that system - it's something PES needed for a really long time, a centralised online editing system where you could create and share missing venues, tournaments and players.

I wish something like this existed in more games than just AO Tennis and The Golf Club / PGA 2K23 in my experience.

Is the terrible player roster something that could be fixed with AO Tennis's roster editor / file share system? And is it a likely addition to the game? Because without it, I'm not sure how you'd enjoy the game.

I absolutely adored that system - it's something PES needed for a really long time, a centralised online editing system where you could create and share missing venues, tournaments and players.

I wish something like this existed in more games than just AO Tennis and The Golf Club / PGA 2K23 in my experience.
The AO tennis developers have implemented it for their cricket game, it is absolutely awesome, sadly the actual cricket game is quite poor.

As I've just said in the general tennis game thread, I'm a total tennis amateur, but I don't really see how you'd get any enjoyment in a game playing against fake players for the majority of the game.

(Bit different in e.g. unlicensed PES games, where all the players were present with their real-life abilities but just with fake names.)

I hope there will be an option to do a career mode without the retired/legends players. I'd rather have fake ones than retired on the career mode. Let's see if the mod community will be able to alter the fake names to real names on PC.
I also made a comparison of TS4 graphics on Xenia Canary with the new gameplay videos and tbh there's not a lot of improvement in general. Just the clothing physics are better now and the textures here and there. Not an issue for me though if gameplay is good.

You can download roster, stadium, jersy or mode (Euroleague mode, college mode etc.) in NBA 2K24. I hope we can also download players, courts in top spin.

Back
Top Bottom