TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
TopSpin 2K25 Thead

Release date : April 26th (Early access April 23th)
Plateforms : PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series, Xbox One and PC

Teaser

Trailer 1

Centre Court Report: Gameplay Showcase

Roster Mens :
- Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)
- Frances Tiafo (USA)
- Taylor Fritz (USA)
- Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
- Matteo Berretini (Italy)
- Andy Murray (Great Britain)
- Ben Shelton (USA)

Roster Womens :
- Iga Świątek (Poland)
- Coco Gauff (USA)
- Emma Raducanu (Great Britain)
- Naomi Osaka (Japan)
- Caroline Wozniacki (Danemark)
- Paula Badosa (Spain)
- Belinda Bencic (Switzerland)
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
- Leylah Fernandez (Canada)
- Madison Keys (USA)
- Sloane Stephens (USA)

Roster Legends :
- Roger Federer (Switzerland)
- Andre Agassi (USA)
- John McEnroe (USA)
- Pete Sampras (USA)
- Serena Williams (USA)
- Steffi Graf (Germany)
- Maria Sharapova (Russia)

Licensed Courts :
- Australian Open (Melbourne)
- Roland Garros (Paris - France)
- Wimbledon (London - England)
- US Open (New-York City - USA)
- Indian Wells Open (Indian Wells - USA)
- Miami Open (Miami - USA)
- Rolex Paris Masters (Paris - France)
- Monte-Carlos Rolex Masters (Monte-Carlos - Monaco)
- Cincinnati Open (Cincinnati - USA)
- Mutua Madrid Open (Madrid - Spain)
- Canadian Open (Toronto - Canada)
- Internazionali d'Italia (Roma - Italy)
- Nitto ATP Finals (Turin - Italy)
- ATP Auckland Open (Auckland - New-Zealand)
- Shanghai Rolex Masters (Shanghai - China)

Last edited:
Expect more news very soon guys. I think the game is already in advanced development (probably for more than a year). What we need now is confirmation of a PC release. The game will sell like crazy if they release it on PC also.

Top Spin 4 is one of my fave games ever. Amazing gameplay and amazingly accurate animations and styles for each current and classic pro. Great game. Online was flawed, but v AI it was elite.
Likewise... I played the heck out of TS4 on my former Xbox 360. But I didn't (and still don't) care about the online portion of the game (and any other game, for that matter). Let's just hope 2k doesn't go the "NBA 2k way" with this, in the sense that it became a microtransaction / pay-to-win "hellhole", and an online "sociopathic experience"... Although that is probably what will most certainly happen, unfortunately. :(

I hope the game has a decent single player progression mode with at least the top 32 men and women from the game today.
The only problem I always had with tennis games is you play tournaments against unknown players most of the time, so this needs to have a decent amount of licensing - Most importantly the grand slams.

I am sceptical about tennis games as most of them are normally completely shite with little variety on how to play and win.

Although Virtua Tennis was an arcade game, every player played completely different so it was a good fun challenge.

I have played most recent tennis games and they have all been pretty shite.
Match Point had a decent career mode element, but the game was far too easy.

I am not optimistic on this one especially given the developer but really hope I am proved wrong.

I never played Top Spin because I don't think it came out for PC, so I was always a Virtua Tennis arcade player, however the best tennis game I played was Smash Court Tennis on PS2, good gameplay and a good story mode

I never played Top Spin because I don't think it came out for PC, so I was always a Virtua Tennis arcade player, however the best tennis game I played was Smash Court Tennis on PS2, good gameplay and a good story mode

One of the Top Spin games were released on PC but not sure which one.
It was a pretty decent game, however once you played a couple of sets you knew how to win every point.

One of the Top Spin games were released on PC but not sure which one.
It was a pretty decent game, however once you played a couple of sets you knew how to win every point.
Top Spin 1 and 2, otherwise you have google to look if you are already on the forum.

After 13 years, we're pleased that 2K will return to tennis and broaden its sports offerings withthe upcoming release of TopSpin 2K25. Developed by Hangar 13, the title is poised to providean incredibly realistic and engaging tennis simulation featuring the world's top players andcourts. 2K will share more details in the coming weeks, including an expected launch date.
https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/c54c669f-05f9-414c-9be6-484c38d6bbf9

Nothing new here about the title though. What I know so far is also a bit limited even though I was informed they were working on a new Top Spin very early last year. I know for sure the game will be 100x times better than the rest of tennis videogames released the last 8 years (I'm not counting Full Ace or Tennis Elbow, these are indie titles, we can't compare them for many reasons).
I'm not worried about the gameplay, the guys at Hangar 13 have a good knowledge of the sport. I'm more worried about the career mode.

What I know so far is also a bit limited even though I was informed they were working on a new Top Spin very early last year.
Nothing new but just the confirmation of top players (unlike the teaser), btw the game was confirmed in May 2022.

With the begenning of Indian Wells, some videos some players :
Agassi/Graf/McEnroe/Rudd, Gauff/Federer/Serena Williams/Tsitsipas are in the game.
I'm on the official discord and it's nice because the hype seems to be big!

Last edited:
Topspin 2K25 is the latest installment in the acclaimed Topspin tennis video game series, offering players an unparalleled virtual tennis experience. Designed to cater to both hardcore tennis enthusiasts and newcomers alike, this game sets a new standard for realism, gameplay depth, and visual fidelity in sports simulations.

Playable on various gaming platforms, Topspin 2K25 boasts an extensive roster of real-world tennis stars, meticulously recreated with attention to detail, from their playing styles and techniques to their signature moves and emotional reactions. Players can engage in a variety of game modes, including career mode, where they can create and customize their own tennis player, climb the ranks of professional tennis, compete in grand slam tournaments, and strive to become the world No. 1.

The game introduces advanced physics and AI systems that ensure every swing, volley, and serve feels authentic and responsive, providing a true-to-life tennis experience. The dynamic weather system and realistic court surfaces affect gameplay, requiring players to adapt their strategy based on conditions.

Multiplayer mode is a significant highlight, allowing for competitive and cooperative play online, including tournaments and casual matches against friends or players worldwide.

Topspin 2K25 also features enhanced training modules designed to help players improve their skills, from basic strokes to advanced strategies. With its stunning graphics, immersive gameplay, and comprehensive career mode, Topspin 2K25 is not just a game but a celebration of the sport of tennis, appealing to fans and gamers looking for a deep, engaging sports simulation.

https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/topspin-2k25-xbox-series-x-s/

Reliable website ?

It's a placeholder. My sources say the game will be released next year unless they'll make the window of late August-early September for the US Open this year which seems unlikely but it's a possibility.
I know the date its a placeholder, but I speak about the description.
I'm pretty sure it's for March or April, the press try the game today in Paris.

I know the date its a placeholder, but I speak about the description.
I'm pretty sure it's for March or April, the press try the game today in Paris.
The description is generated by AI. Game won't have dynamic weather. It's tennis, when it's raining heavily the game is delayed. There's no way they've implemented wind effect or light rain effect into the game.

Thought they might of given a release windows during Indian Wells.

I would assume they would release the game when the hype for tennis is at it's peak, which suggests to me it will be released around one of grand slams - Most probably Wimbledon or the US Open.

Edit:
Wimbledon isn't in the game, so will most likely be released around the time of the US Open.

Last edited:
Wimbledon isn't in the game
all-4-grand-slams-confirmed-v0-g63jnjq2ajnc1.jpg

Apparently all four grand slams

3 Editions
1710094684624.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom