The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Seb Hutchinson, the commentator.

Such a squeaky voice, sounds so anticlimactic too.

Like a human vuvuzela

I don't give a shit who's on football coverage as long as they add value. That eliminates 95% of pundits of any gender.

I guess Jamie Redknapp pisses me off. He's been a 'top, top' pundit for about 20 years now and I don't think he's ever made a point. He doesn't fill the void with humour either. Maybe it's because he's a good looking lad, but that's of no use to me.

People that spend all their time making a patch, only to half-arse the kits config. So then I have to spend literal HOURS fixing it because they couldn't be arsed to do so

PC/console football games are defenitly dead! After Pes was gone, now it is the former Fifa franchise.
The only few mods out there for EA FC are paid one's and so they can't fix what €A did whit it.

It's a shame!

Some random driver.
On my way home yesterday, i was following this car, and in a 30mph zone he is doing around 20mph. However when we turned into a 20mph zone, he puts is foot down. now he is doing closer to 30, as he pulls away from me. :THINK: WTF!!

Some random driver.
On my way home yesterday, i was following this car, and in a 30mph zone he is doing around 20mph. However when we turned into a 20mph zone, he puts is foot down. now he is doing closer to 30, as he pulls away from me. :THINK: WTF!!

There were so many learners drivers on the roads today, which were covered in snow or ice. Clearly early learners too. Not fair on anyone having them drive in that, and it pissed me off for sure!

There were so many learners drivers on the roads today, which were covered in snow or ice. Clearly early learners too. Not fair on anyone having them drive in that, and it pissed me off for sure!
That doesn't sound good at all. Like you said bad for everyone (the instructors should have cancelled). But oh no! as long as they're getting paid.
Then again in this day and age. you have to be earning i suppose. But yeah, i would have been pissed too.

@Flipper the Priest
just checked about driving lessons in the snow. Basically it's at the instructors discretion. If it's deemed hazardous though, they should be cancelled.

In any case, if the learner had a skid and a bump, due to the slightest bit of snow or ice. Then i am sure the insurance company would not be so forgiving.

I'm afraid of climate change. We will be more heating on earth more then 1.5°C maybe 2.7°C not in centuries than in decades.
Even more and even more stronger extreme weather, more and new diseases, more world conflicts (wars) and more refugee's worldwide (which make the right-wing parties even stronger).
And this pissed me off!

Could not sleep last night. I was reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

So why? Why the fuck, politicians have joy to destroy our planet? And not like a super hero, Batman or Superman, to have joy to save our planet?

But yea, good thing again and we all alive....
I'm so fucking damned pissed off!

Social Media trolls like this one:
SiPy-_.gif

and such one's. I hate them damn fucking fools! :CURSE:

"Sporting Lisbon"

It's Sporting Club de Portugal ffs!
When i was growing up. Many years ago. In Britain, we called it Sporting Lisbon.

The name you say is far too many syllables for us Brits. You get me "Bayo" :P;)

EDIT Like your own club. I was always used to seeing "Bayern Munich". Also what i personally don't like is seeing for example "Liverpool FC" we british clubs very rarely use "FC". With euro clubs there is the odd exception to the rule like "AC Milan".

Using FL23 irks me a little, that the database is locked and i can't correct the teams name to my liking.

Last edited:
"Sporting Lisbon"

It's Sporting Club de Portugal ffs!
When i was growing up. Many years ago. In Britain, we called it Sporting Lisbon.

The name you say is far too many syllables for us Brits. You get me "Bayo" :P;)

EDIT Like your own club. I was always used to seeing "Bayern Munich". Also what i personally don't like is seeing for example "Liverpool FC" we british clubs very rarely use "FC". With euro clubs there is the odd exception to the rule like "AC Milan".

Using FL23 irks me a little, that the database is locked and i can't correct the teams name to my liking.

I remember being in Munich in 2008 when we played over there. The locals spoke enthusiastically about FC Bayern vs FC Aberdeen. I've never heard a lay British person call Bayern Munich 'FC Bayern'. But that's certainly the naming convention in northern mainland Europe because on multiple occasions in multiple countries I've seen and heard 'FC Aberdeen' when in the UK they'd only ever be called Aberdeen let alone Aberdeen FC.

We also felt the force of Portugal when we drew Sporting a few years ago in the Europa league. Their fans clearly HATE being called Sporting Lisbon, as the Twitter comments made quite clear!

Even within the UK it varies by distinction. I've heard English people routinely call Rangers 'Glasgow Rangers', I'm guessing to differentiate between them and QPR. But north of the border they're almost always referred to as simply Rangers as QPR aren't really on our radar.

This sort of thing interests me because as a football fan in the UK there's a very fine line between being accurate and being called a nerd. Especially when it comes to pronunciation.

Me? I'll say Sporting, Inter, Milan etc. But if you dare try to pronounce them in the native form you'll get ridiculed by your mates in the pub. Derek Rae gets heat for it all the time, for having the temerity to pronounce names accurately: https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/derek-rae-fifa-21-commentator-broadcast-mispronunciations/

I don't see any excuse not to call Sporting 'Sporting' though. It's not like they're easily confused. Who's the next biggest Sporting? Gijon? Now there's one for Derek Rae...

Back
Top Bottom