The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

When i was growing up. Many years ago. In Britain, we called it Sporting Lisbon.

The name you say is far too many syllables for us Brits. You get me "Bayo" :P;)

EDIT Like your own club. I was always used to seeing "Bayern Munich". Also what i personally don't like is seeing for example "Liverpool FC" we british clubs very rarely use "FC". With euro clubs there is the odd exception to the rule like "AC Milan".

Using FL23 irks me a little, that the database is locked and i can't correct the teams name to my liking.
Wait, they’re not called Sporting Lisbon? Lol
Yeah we’ve always said Bayern Munich here when they are actually called Bayern München.
I don’t think we say AC Milan. We just call them Milan.

@Flipper the Priest Like in FC24 when he pronounces Bruno Fernandes as “Fernange” or however he says it. That winds me up as much as someone saying “Barthelona” 😂

Yeah we’ve always said Bayern Munich here when they are actually called Bayern München.

@Flipper the Priest Like in FC24 when he pronounces Bruno Fernandes as “Fernange” or however he says it. That winds me up as much as someone saying “Barthelona” 😂
We did refer to them has Sporting Lisbon, back in the 70's and 80's. As well as AC Milan and Inter Milan. If you look at some old euro games perhaps from the BBC or ITV you should see how they are/were. For instance the 2005/2007 CL final was AC Milan V Liverpool. It was never just Milan.

Edit- see this fixture page for sporting https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sporting-lisbon/fixtures-results

Also
xyrdsZK2.jpg

Last edited:

The Spanish 'c' 😂 I will admit though, mispronunciations wind me up no end. I remember a commentator call Nagatomo as 'Nagamoto'

(And a Japanese player called Akamine as Nigerian)

@Buzzy I was taking about how someone would verbally refer to them. I’d always just say Milan and Inter, not AC Milan and Internazionale Milan.
I don’t know why I refer to Sporting CP as Sporting Lisbon. Maybe it’s from my father referring to them as that.

@FC Bayern id much rather we just say things how they are in our own countries and save ourselves from murdering the pronunciations. Eg. Let’s be honest, his name wasn’t Thierry Henry………it was Terry Henry 😂

@Buzzy I was taking about how someone would verbally refer to them. I’d always just say Milan and Inter, not AC Milan and Internazionale Milan.
I don’t know why I refer to Sporting CP as Sporting Lisbon. Maybe it’s from my father referring to them as that.

@FC Bayern id much rather we just say things how they are in our own countries and save ourselves from murdering the pronunciations. Eg. Let’s be honest, his name wasn’t Thierry Henry………it was Terry Henry 😂
Yes i agree, verbally. we will use the shortened version, like united or city. Mainly i was referring to on screen names, like results and matches.

Fernandes is definitely the one he gets the most flak for. I can see both sides of it; it does sound a bit daft but I'd want people to pronounce my name correctly regardless of language.

Sporting Cristal, Cristaaal, Cristaaaal. :BAND:
20-time Peruvian Champions!
(They're my biggest rival in my Master League Story!) :LOL:

I'd agree they're bigger, but they'll rarely come up in conversation with Sporting of Portugal!

We did refer to them has Sporting Lisbon, back in the 70's and 80's. As well as AC Milan and Inter Milan. If you look at some old euro games perhaps from the BBC or ITV you should see how they are/were. For instance the 2005/2007 CL final was AC Milan V Liverpool. It was never just Milan.

Edit- see this fixture page for sporting https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sporting-lisbon/fixtures-results

Also
View attachment 262195

I would hazard a guess that the majority of football fans in the UK would call Sporting 'Sporting Lisbon' and Milan 'AC Milan'. I'd wager most would call them 'AC' for short rather than 'Milan'!

The Spanish 'c' 😂 I will admit though, mispronunciations wind me up no end. I remember a commentator call Nagatomo as 'Nagamoto'

(And a Japanese player called Akamine as Nigerian)

You'd hate my dad. Can barely pronounce half the Aberdeen team and he watches them every week!

----

Some other non-football pronunciations have pissed me off this week. Was reading books to my daughter in which 'scarf' was rhymed with 'laugh', and 'baa' with 'are'. Not everywhere in the UK ignores the letter R, book publishers.

On the subject of tonight, BayerN Leverkusen

Leverkusen are based in the West, Owned by Bayer.

Bayern is the German for Bavaria, the southeast region where Munich is

The scam-spam threads about some dating womens here in OT subforum.

Last one from a user registered since 2007 or so. What da fack?
But thanks to our mods/admins to remove this. 😘

The scam-spam threads about some dating womens here in OT subforum.

Last one from a user registered since 2007 or so. What da fack?
But thanks to our mods/admins to remove this. 😘
Lots of accounts, mostly dormant but even some recent and still active ones, are currently being taken over by an influx of spambots because of shitty passwords or their data being part of some larger breach somewhere. Got a filter in place which should prevent them from posting publicly, but looking for patterns and raising fences accordingly is still an annoying task.

Noisy neighbours who have no respect for other people.
Also, why is it that 99% of the time overly loud music is always some sort of dance electronic music? I don’t hear any of the boy racers having other genres being blasted out either. It always seems to be dance music. It’s like the people who like dance music are also brain dead tossers.

Noisy neighbours who have no respect for other people.
Also, why is it that 99% of the time overly loud music is always some sort of dance electronic music? I don’t hear any of the boy racers having other genres being blasted out either. It always seems to be dance music. It’s like the people who like dance music are also brain dead tossers.
That'll be me then. :D

https://evoweb.uk/threads/what-are-you-listening-to.40213/post-4030418

I do have respect for my neighbours though, as i grow old disgracefully.

Lots of accounts, mostly dormant but even some recent and still active ones, are currently being taken over by an influx of spambots because of shitty passwords or their data being part of some larger breach somewhere. Got a filter in place which should prevent them from posting publicly, but looking for patterns and raising fences accordingly is still an annoying task.

Thank goodness for that. As a fan of surpassable formal dating, I was enraged.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
Could not sleep last night. I was reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

So why? Why the fuck, politicians have joy to destroy our planet? And not like a super hero, Batman or Superman, to have joy to save our planet?

But yea, good thing again and we all alive....
I'm so fucking damned pissed off!
Sorry, I don't know if it's ok to post this. My YT algorithym give me this video. And I watched it & it triggered me again.

It really scares me. 50 megatons explosion (if I remember correctly what I read at wiki post, the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on WW2 had 4 megatons) comes with this bastard. And at the end of this Soviet propaganda video they say it would be possible to do ones of these sick weapons with 100 megatons or more...

(no sound for the last ~ 10 minutes)

It scares me how quick it would be possible to kill everything. Every creature, human, plants - everything-everybody... 😰

So please every politician around the whole world, do everything to stop every war and bring us people peace, please! Stop the escalation and stupid nonsense of wars!

Marc Zuckerberg!!! Because I have on insta & facebook to 80% only ads.

And I'm pissed off that I'm so many times pissed off...:BLEH:

Marc Zuckerberg!!! Because I have on insta & facebook to 80% only ads.

And I'm pissed off that I'm so many times pissed off...:BLEH:
What is insta & Farcebook? :THINK:= Bliss (if you don't go there). TBF i can't speak for Insta.

But Facebook is like washing you're dirty laundry in public, for some people. Its a shame they don't have mods on there, active like here. Superleeds would have a field day. :D

Facefuck pissed me off many many years ago.

What is insta & Farcebook? :THINK:= Bliss (if you don't go there). TBF i can't speak for Insta.

But Facebook is like washing you're dirty laundry in public, for some people. Its a shame they don't have mods on there, active like here. Superleeds would have a field day. :D

You mean like this situation?

wjfSub.gif

:D

I’ve not had any social media account for at least a decade. It’s completely freeing. Now if people say what’s you’re IG or Facebook I say I don’t have social media and they immediately think I’m lying and blowing them off 😂

Learned today that both my broadband and phone tariff are going up. Presume the poor execs at Sky and O2 won't be getting their bonuses this year with times this tough. Might even see them at the food banks with the 8,500 frontline staff Sainsbury's are going to lay off.

Learned today that both my broadband and phone tariff are going up. Presume the poor execs at Sky and O2 won't be getting their bonuses this year with times this tough. Might even see them at the food banks with the 8,500 frontline staff Sainsbury's are going to lay off.
I was with EE for less than a month, only to get a letter today telling me my bills are going up 10%.

How does that work? You give me a price for a 24 month contract and then change the price a few weeks later? In what other industry is that legal?

Dudes who need their lottery scratch cards checked at the till in my local shop, then proceed to buy 5 more, regardless of winnings.

Could literally be a millionaire with one of the one the ones they'd ask to be checked and they'd still go: "Nice one. Can I get a 5,3, and 12 please...and 5 lucky dips."

"Oh, can I also have 6 Four Loko and...and could I also get.."

C'mon!

Back
Top Bottom