The McCann saga....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This says more about the media than about the Mc Cann's.
They aren't treated very fair IMHO.
I've read a long interview with a Belgian DNA-researcher who works for similar cases in Belgium (sadly we are specialized in childeren abductions and related things...we've had quite a lot of paedophilic cases in the last 10 years). The man claims that the so-called DNA evidence is in his (expert) opinion not admissible because it does not match enough with Maddie's DNA...He says that on the basis of the found DNA-traces one cannot be sure that it is coming from Maddie...it can be DNA of her twin siblings or even totally different.
He would never use this as evidence in a court case...

Usually can't be arsed reading through multiple pages, but thought I'd do with this.

Being a new father I can only make my own opinion. I totally agree with JB about the leaving them in the house with them swanning off to a restaurant, no matter how far it is from their room. Speaking with a workmate she told me that she had done something similar in a holiday hotel (spain or something like that) although they had a baby monitor on, however I still felt this wasn't right.

Personally I couldn't have my daughter (Demi-Lee) alone no matter what. When I go to pick my wife up (just around a 2 minute journey in the car) or if I goto the shop (probably a minute there and back) then if I am alone with Demi-Lee she is taken with me, sometimes meaning I have to wake her to put her in the car.

It is a terrible incident, however I'm not sure now what I believe and what I don't.

The world is so evil out there that there is no way that I wouldn't say that the McCann's haven't done something, however I'd like to think not, but life isn't that simple where we live.

As mentioned already I've heard of the medicine or whatever given to them and wonder if it's been a blunder and something's happened and maybe they've panicked. It is possible. The other things that have got me confused is that how was it Madeleine out of a room of children, some who are younger that could not pose much problems by screaming or saying something or the likes.

I'm still in the parents side really just for the case of re-uniting them, I doubt it will happen but hope that there is concrete evidence that they are indeed innocent, however I do feel that they have been terribly irresponsible, but I do appreciate that they will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

FD

235px-Robert_Pires1.JPG

I'm not being funny right, if you told me to draw 'a paedophile', this is what I'd draw. Maybe I'd add some thick glasses but that's pretty much just an average paedo. Dodgy teeth, straggly hair... why has it taken nearly a year for them to come up with this?

Load of balls.

i'm always amazed at people who produce these pictures...

seriously, if i had to describe my flatmate (or anyone else who i know well) to a police artist to draw, i think i'd struggle to come up with a likeness! and that is with knowing and seeing these people day in, day out for years!

it's amazing to think they can reconstruct a picture from someone's memory after only a fleeting glance...

i'm always amazed at people who produce these pictures...

seriously, if i had to describe my flatmate (or anyone else who i know well) to a police artist to draw, i think i'd struggle to come up with a likeness! and that is with knowing and seeing these people day in, day out for years!

it's amazing to think they can reconstruct a picture from someone's memory after only a fleeting glance...

Thats exactly what i think, how the hell will i remember some one just for seeing him/her 1 time... Im in arts and doing a face even if your looking straight at it is hard (you need to capture immense detail so it looks like the real person, seems easier then it is), making those with just 2/3 tips its just amazing.
But about that, i have to be honest, this maddie think was starting to look pointless and a complete waste of time. We r just doing this to look good to the england people, we have books full of portuguese people missing and we don't care, why care about a lil kid? Ridiculous...
Nothing more about the case as been spoken, but from time to time they remember about it and talk, but no1 really gives a crap about it. =/

Straws and clutching comes to mind now, they must be asking everyone within a 100 mile radius at the time, "Did you see anyone acting suspicious"..I see about five or six people fitting that every single day?

It's amazing, how many kids go missing each year and this is the only one talked, or shown...
If it turns out they did kill her even by accident can you imagine the outcome... they met the Pope FF'S. If you ask me they match the someone acting suspisious picture from the first time I saw them...

i think media and bunch of media following puppets wonder more about maddie then her parents or police......

There's something weird about the whole thing. What Nick said is true, it's not like she's the only missing kid! In the paper I read on the bus to work everyday there is a missing kid advert everyday, but that's all we hear. They're either feeling guilty cos they left the kids alone in the apartment, or feeling guilty cos they accidently killed/sold poor Maddie.

In a way I kinda hope it was them cos then I'd know my initial suspicions were right and I could say 'I told you so' to a couple of people.

feeling guilty cos they accidently killed/sold poor Maddie.

How do you 'accidentally' sell some one? Put them on ebay by mistake? meant to attach a picture of a toaster, but attached one of your daughter instead?

I hope she's happy somewhere - BUT you do NOT leave 3 kids under 3 home alone - even to pop out for a pack of fags like fd says, you just don't do it.

Last edited:
They keep covering her because she's from a wealthy family and has a great face for the media. I really hope they find the kidnapper, but I think its ridiculous that they get so much coverage.

They keep covering her because she's from a wealthy family and has a great face for the media. I really hope they find the kidnapper, but I think its ridiculous that they get so much coverage.

There is no kidnapper.

She's dead.

End of, Move on people. Fed up of reading the papers with that family all over them.

Lets cover something else please.

I feel sorry for anyone who loses a kid through what ever circumstances and I could not image the pain and grief they would go through. But the farce and circus that these two have made and the things they have said and done make me doubt they are not involved in some way but most of all makes me wish they would just sod the hell off..

I feel sorry for anyone who loses a kid through what ever circumstances and I could not image the pain and grief they would go through.

If you really meant what you wrote there, then you would not write the part i haven't quoted...so please do not say things you do not mean...

Peace.

If my kid was missing and i had the faintest doubt that by behaving like the MC Canns, that there is a chance that by kid could come back (or be found), i would not hesitate a nanosecond...

Maybe afterwards i would be ashamed about how i behaved, but in the end if my kid was back, i would not care...

I've always thought that people are being too harsh for the MC Canns in this forums...

Go back a couple of pages and everybody was convinced that they "did it"...can you imagine what i must be: your kid is missing (and probably dead)and on top of that incompetent police men and some rags claim that you did it...i'm gonna end with the biggest cliché of all clichés...if you would have kids you would understand.

It does not sound very sexy or rock and roll, but if you don't have kids, you simply can not imagine how the Mc Canns are feeling...i still remember the day when py wife phoned me at work to say that my eleven month old son had fallen and was in hospital because he had some "cranial damage"...it turned out to be harmless, but i was devastated...

If you really meant what you wrote there, then you would not write the part i haven't quoted...so please do not say things you do not mean...

Peace.
Sorry Gerd, I do.. It may be down to them being I'll advised or the fact that they were jetting around the world shortly after their daughters disappearance. But there is something that does not ring true about the pair of them.
There are unfortunately lots of kids that go missing every year, you don't see their parents being flown to visit the Pope.. It may be from what I've seen and read I have the wrong opinion of them. Don't get me wrong Gerd, I would love for their daughter to be found safe and well but the pair of them can sod off....

No problem my friend...i never said i liked them...but i understand them.
Not all missing childeren cases are high profile, but one can asked who made this case high profile to start with: the Portugese police, the English press or the Mc Canns...

I often wander round COD4 maps asking if anyone knows her whereabouts. The Silent Hill-style burnt-out, rubble-filled corridor on Bloc always seems the best bet. :TWIST:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom