The McCann saga....

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're lucky, jack - someday you might be blessed. then you can write you guide to parenting, which i'm sure will be a best-seller...
Yeah. Step one, leaving your kids alone for upto two hours is fine, don't think twice about it. Step two, if they accidentally die while you're having a steak and a nice chianti, roll the body up and throw it off a bridge. Step three, and this is the important one, always have a bottle of Vanish handy.

Please don't think I intend that to be funny, it's sarcasm, directed at anyone who thinks what these people did can be compared to leaving your child downstairs in the living room while you have a shit.

Sorry mate, I respect your posts, but "you're not a parent" is a very annoying statement. I have friends who are parents, and family who are parents, most of whom who have been on holiday with their children at some point, and they were the first to say "how stupid are they leaving their children on their own like that", and "I hope they find her but I don't feel sorry for the parents". Five or ten minutes on their own while you're on the toilet I can understand, but not the amount of time they left them for. The amount of things that could have happened to them, they could have picked up cutlery and started stabbing eachother, filled up the bath and held a sister's head down in the water, jumped through a window...

Last edited:
Something about the whole situation has been really wrong. Why so much focus on Madeline when there are hundreds of children missing in the UK?

Was it the location, their middle classness. The pefect British family? The whole publicity farce unsettled me. Going to see the pope etc.

Honestly if they were less well off, and Madeline wasn't as pretty as she it, I'm pretty sure the whole news story would of died off. But NO, we have to have some sort of national drama. I want to see her back in safe hands, but I think most believe she is dead.

Peter, EXACTLY what I said in the link at the start of the read. 100% agree.

I'm even going to quote it now actually:

This could be my first serious Random Crap III posting, here we go...

Am I the only one who feels offended by the whole Madeleine McCann situation (not the fact that she's been abducted obviously, but the fact that she is now on every news bulletin and in every newspaper)?

1,000 children are abducted each year in the UK. 100,000 children are abducted each year internationally. So this couple leave their daughter on her own to go to a restaurant, and she's abducted. Now obviously my heart goes out to them, but how would you feel if you were the parents of one of the 999 children in the UK who have been abducted within the last 12 months? How would you feel when the national press chose to run a story about Posh Spice falling over rather than print a picture of your missing child, let alone print it every day, pay for phone lines to remain open and mount a "have you seen this child" campaign across Europe? How would you feel if your child has been missing for years and it feels like nobody will help you find him/her, and yet you put the TV on and now there's celebrities donating millions of pounds to a reward fund for this one, single girl?

I'm sorry if this sounds heartless but really, I think it's disgusting. Why is this case so special to the media? Is it that there isn't enough news to report at the moment? Is it because their daughter looks like she could be a child model and the other kids are too ugly? You can slate me for that if you want, but you tell me why this is such a massive, massive news story, to the point where her parents meeting the Pope is the biggest headline of the day (what the fuck, that is not a development in the story), and yet no other child abduction has had anywhere NEAR this amount of publicity before in the UK - apart from when it's ended with murder. Why is all of this money going towards finding one child?

I hope to God they find her, but I hope to God they find the other 99,999 as well.

My dear friend Jack, i'm sorry if i harmed you by calling your first post bullshit...
I can understand that you don't like it when people tell you can't understand when you don't have kids for yourself. you've talked about your nephew and nieces...i'm sure your fantastic and very caring with them...but i'm sorry to say thatit just comes nowhere near to having your own kids...
Somebody in this thread said that it is impossible to kill your kid by accident...well it is impossible to kill your kid premeditated by accident. Otherwise i can think of dozens of ways to kill your kid by accident.
I haven't read all the stories about this drama...i know the parents went to a restaurant while their kids were sleeping and that they were sleeping nearby the restaurant...to say that they acted irresponsable i would have to see the place...but with hindsight everything is very easy.
When i'm alone with my two kids, sometimes i leave to buy a bread....the bakery is 50 metres from my house....but with hindsight this could be called irresponsable. I have to cross one street, maybe i'm killed by a car and my kids are alone till my wife comes back...maybe they are watxhing television and the screen implodes....
The thing is that there is no manual to raise kids....it's not like "as a parent say A and they will answer B"....
Ah kids they are a joy in my life but sometimes i have sleepless nights because of them...you have worries, but can't show them that you are worried about them.
I hope Maddie is still alive but i'm afraid she's dead...and soemthing inside me says the parents didn't do it...but that my friend jack is bullshit too.
I'm off, i have a Master League to play with AZ6è and the future world star Moussa Dembélé.

Thank you, Gerd. I'm not saying I know what it's like to be a parent. I was just saying that all of the parents I know agree with me, so what you think of the McCanns isn't central around whether you're a parent or not.

has anyone heard about how she is suposed to have washed madeleine's 'cuddlecat' toy? not exactly the actions that i would expect from a grieving mother...

also, she is supposed to have had some difficulty with lie detectors and there is another issue where she told a neighbour who offered to call the police after maddie was found to be missing, that the police had already been called (which was a lie) and this resulted in a 45 minute gap before they actually arrived at the apartment, by which time, 2 dozen people had been in and out of the apartment...

As you say, not the actions of a grieving mother. It's looking bad.

And now she's jetted back to the UK, I wonder if she'll go back when asked or if she'll spend weeks fighting it.

I've gotta say I agree with Jack, from the very start me and my girlfriend have said to one another something just isn't right with the whole thing. Their actions just smack of those of guilty parents - whether its guilty for leaving her in the hotel room or guilty for something else is another question altogether. I've got the feeling they have had something to do with it and the longer it goes on the more I feel this way.

Maybe soon we'll find out.?

i'm curious how they got rid of the body. sounds...gross...but well.

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece.

Apparently, the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it alltogether. Then when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because there's no good in leaving it in a deep freeze for your mum to discover now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You gotta starve the pigs for a few days then the sight of a chopped up body would look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the head of your victim and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggy's digestion.

You could do this afterwards of course but you don't wanna go sifting through pig sh*t now do ya? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to do the job in one sitting so be weary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs two-hundred pounds in about...eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of un-cooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression: "as greedy as a pig."

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece.

Apparently, the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it alltogether. Then when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because there's no good in leaving it in a deep freeze for your mum to discover now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You gotta starve the pigs for a few days then the sight of a chopped up body would look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the head of your victim and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggy's digestion.

You could do this afterwards of course but you don't wanna go sifting through pig sh*t now do ya? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to do the job in one sitting so be weary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs two-hundred pounds in about...eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of un-cooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression: "as greedy as a pig."
Nobody get on the wrong side of Nasty Nick :|:|:|

As you say, not the actions of a grieving mother. It's looking bad.

And now she's jetted back to the UK, I wonder if she'll go back when asked or if she'll spend weeks fighting it.

She'd be good at poker but jokes aside, being a new parent myself,leaving your kids on their own imo is totally irresponsible, a parental guardian should have been looking over them at all times, like you rightly said Jack, this is really looking bad.

Look at the mother, everytime you see footage of her, she looks all glammed up wtf is that all about :(

they should just make a movie about this, all this media hype everyday about one little girl is bullocks. come on there are millions of other children missing/dead!

I think people here have a prejudice againt Kate Mc Cann...
And i agree that there are thousands of childeren missing and all are dramatic, but i can also assure you that if one of my two kids were missing, i wouldn't give a toss about those thousands of other missing childeren...i would only think of my own missing child...just like the Mc Cann's did...I have the feeling that for the moment they are in a no win situation.
I've just read a couple of (serious) press articles about the whole case and the DNA "evidence"...i believe more and more in the innocence of the parents...i'm not gonna say why because to sound convincing my English is not good enough...the gist of what i read is that the so-called DNA-evidence is far from conclusive...the DNA of Maddie was on the clothes of her parents and can still be transmitted in the car 25 days later...this does not mean that Maddie or her body was in the car...

just have to agree with jack here. im not a parent but goin to have a meal a leaving your kid(s) unsupervised is surely ill advised at the least and negliagance at the worst. personally i belived that they were guilty all along, how often is it a family memeber or someone close to the family? wat is really sad is thast if they are guilty then they got all thier friends to go along with them to try a frame someone else

This story, the media hype/hysteria (Portuguese and English) makes me sick. The Portuguese media are making all day special programs about this story, butt nobody cares about the litle girl any more, thats the sad story in the end.

Im Portuguese Law there are inocente until it can be prove their guilt in court.
Where in Portugal, i´m in Lisbon not in Algarve were the hipe of the media is focus, there a sense of disbelief for the authorities (4 months??) to let this story cam to this.

The media is speculating that the body cold be in the villa church.

either kate mccann is innocent, or i'm an englishman!

jack, how about a friendly wager?

if she is innocent, you have to leave evo-web for good. if she is found guilty, i will leave... :p

is there anyway we can stick a poll on this thread? i'm curious as to whether more people think she is involved or not...

If I had a job steering 747s above you then I'd bet a thousand quid, unfortunately I haven't got two penneth to scratch my testicles with so we'll just have to see what happens and say "I was right".

Yeh its a bit off how everyone has jumped to the conclusion that it is Kate.

They will not be convicted without the body being found or some sort of definitive evidence.

it's been confirmed it's not her...

they managed to trace that family who she was with and there is a picture of that wee girl now along with the same person who was carrying her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom