The Master League adventures thread

Well... Winter Transfer Window is over. My next match is against Barcelona. And my squad is this:

9X2dTIE.png

Kluivert and Neves are loans that I had to get on the last day. I need to improve GK and CM, but I have really good wingers and my God called Mbappé hahaha. I had to simulate some matches that I lost because of not saving the game, and the ending scores were similar, so no prob. I'm 3rd at the table right now, behind me is Atlético de Madrid with 2 points less. Barcelona, again, will win this La Liga with ease. I just hope I can sign their Messi (?) :P

I think I will stream some ML matches so I have them on my YouTube channel, so I don't have to edit anything.

Hey Marty,I'm on Top player,I usually play manual passing,but it was a steep learning curve with this game,the manual passing is much more manual than 17
I'm kinda ok with TP right now,haven't seen any crazy scripting yet,didn't see that much on 17 either,well when I was on SS it happened a lot
I'm ok with that,a bit frustrating when it hits full force.
I've clearly seen just like last year,a rise in TS makes the game smoother
It is,I agree,variety is almost bottomless,I see stuff happening all the time that surprises me,like that sweet little volley,not to mention goalkeeping
Great that you enjoy it as much as I do

Absolutely. I've only changed to FM passing this year and it is a treat playing passes that are impossible on any PA level. Goal satisfaction is as good as it ever has been with the moves you can create.
I'm playing TP as well. Will get an ML going when I get an option file downloaded.
Keep it up pal.

Absolutely. I've only changed to FM passing this year and it is a treat playing passes that are impossible on any PA level. Goal satisfaction is as good as it ever has been with the moves you can create.
I'm playing TP as well. Will get an ML going when I get an option file downloaded.
Keep it up pal.
Cool,you to pal.
Manual is so rewarding

@everyone

Dammit I feel so sorry but I can't keep up with all the videos in our lovely little thread :( We need more screenshots :D

Still I appreciate every single one of yous being here, because this is the best place to be and you know it.

But we need more, for there is never enough masterleaguing around, so get in here and post something goddamit!!

Now I gotta go for my Fulham people need me, but before I leave...

@ianni

Why buy Messi? Raise your own! Bigger, better, stronger, by the power of team roles and player development curve, and slay them all!

That's why I'm trying to do all the time. And there's no need to, because once you reach 90-ish TS anything is possible.

If you ever stream link it somewhere, I've enjoyed watching others play their MLs in the past, would be nice to see more :)

@rockstrongo

Man I feel like a casul or something when I see all this manual talk, I'm totally on PA1 Basic & L2 Manual Shooting this year. Chillin out and all. I used to do manual in 2015 and 16 because of dreadful scriptomania, you could literally feel game taking away your right to play the damn game.

But nowadays, even if it's ping-pongish and bit fast, I'm sorta down with PA1, same as last year. Still can pull off some great moves with it. I could probably get into manual again, tried in 2017 but...well it wasn't a good try. I've picked literally worst team in the game, Cobresal, weakest club in Chile with average OVR of 60? It was kind of fun, and every goal felt magical, but it was too much for me :D In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have picked worst team available...

Shooting, I'm still undecided. Giving Basic a chance, but I usually resort to L2 Manual anyway. Wish I could score some gud longshots at last :(

tl;dr I'm PA1 man this year whatever that means!!!!

Didn't get a proper reply so i'll post my question here:
I haven't had a PES game since maybe 8 or 9 on the PS3 except one on the PSP, but i'm planning to get 18. An issue I had with these two previous games was that the goal/assists/ratings in europe and cup matches weren't recorded for posterity in the records room and saved as you moved into the next season (in ML). The PS2 games saved these records along with the league match stats. I always hated this and it made me cba playing outside of the league because the achievements of my players were wiped at the end of the season.
So in 2018 i assume there is still a records room equivalent in ML, and if there is does it record european and cup matches or just save the league match stats of your players?
Thanks in advance :)

@everyone

Dammit I feel so sorry but I can't keep up with all the videos in our lovely little thread :( We need more screenshots :D

Still I appreciate every single one of yous being here, because this is the best place to be and you know it.

But we need more, for there is never enough masterleaguing around, so get in here and post something goddamit!!

Now I gotta go for my Fulham people need me, but before I leave...

@ianni

Why buy Messi? Raise your own! Bigger, better, stronger, by the power of team roles and player development curve, and slay them all!

That's why I'm trying to do all the time. And there's no need to, because once you reach 90-ish TS anything is possible.

If you ever stream link it somewhere, I've enjoyed watching others play their MLs in the past, would be nice to see more :)

@rockstrongo

Man I feel like a casul or something when I see all this manual talk, I'm totally on PA1 Basic & L2 Manual Shooting this year. Chillin out and all. I used to do manual in 2015 and 16 because of dreadful scriptomania, you could literally feel game taking away your right to play the damn game.

But nowadays, even if it's ping-pongish and bit fast, I'm sorta down with PA1, same as last year. Still can pull off some great moves with it. I could probably get into manual again, tried in 2017 but...well it wasn't a good try. I've picked literally worst team in the game, Cobresal, weakest club in Chile with average OVR of 60? It was kind of fun, and every goal felt magical, but it was too much for me :D In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have picked worst team available...

Shooting, I'm still undecided. Giving Basic a chance, but I usually resort to L2 Manual anyway. Wish I could score some gud longshots at last :(

tl;dr I'm PA1 man this year whatever that means!!!!
Nice seeing your stuff in here bro,I like PA 1 this year,and whatever floats my/your boat is fine.
Good seeing you enjoy it.
Keep em coming

Didn't get a proper reply so i'll post my question here:
I haven't had a PES game since maybe 8 or 9 on the PS3 except one on the PSP, but i'm planning to get 18. An issue I had with these two previous games was that the goal/assists/ratings in europe and cup matches weren't recorded for posterity in the records room and saved as you moved into the next season (in ML). The PS2 games saved these records along with the league match stats. I always hated this and it made me cba playing outside of the league because the achievements of my players were wiped at the end of the season.
So in 2018 i assume there is still a records room equivalent in ML, and if there is does it record european and cup matches or just save the league match stats of your players?
Thanks in advance :)
Good question,I think your records are saved,goals etc,not sure actually,haven't really reached that far yet,as a manager your progress and stats do remain.
Like I said,not sure,and haven't reached that far yet,sorry

@ianni

Yeah I like that as well, signing some youngster and raise him to a World Star :)

BTW, I'm streaming! I'm spanish so forgive my cheap chat haha :P

Went back to manual and got murdered by Roma 4-2
This is really two different games when on manual or not.
Actually think manual feels a bit weird at times,the power bar filled up,yet loose pass,could be body possible,player switch's as well on manual.
Got Benevento at home next,will try and see how manual feels Vs them

Went back and played Benevento on superstar again,on PA1!
Lower pass%for them,my Def line much more responsive in defense.
And drawing more fouls.
I feel that the manual players are all over the place and harder to control,strange!

So I started a temporary ML while awaiting the first patch and took over at SPAL on Superstar, challenge mode it started so well a sunny opening day at home to Crotone and the returning Legend at 40 years old Signori (who has come to help us stay up) puts us in front with a rare headed goal

ezgif-4-aee8ef5b2a.gif

sadly that was as good as it got because Crotone ramped up the pressure and Trotta scored a crazy 20 yard rocket post and in. 10 minutes from time a corner a scramble in the box and Crotone slide in to make it 2-1 we are too dead to come back

it got worse in the next game at home to Napoli we lost 5-0 they battered us their front 3 felt like playing a front 6 they had 17 shots to our 4 it could have been even worse but for Meret in goal

Frustrated how easily my team got ripped apart I started thinking what to do and I actually remembered when I played for a really crap sunday league team who after a few thrashings the manager made us play 5-4-1 with a sweeper, so..I decided to use this in the next game vs Lazio and put my tallest CB as sweeper to clear up and counter attack, it bloody worked! we drew 1-1 after scoring first OK I did have to hold on for long periods but they had 6 shots to out 4 and immobile couldnt beat the big bad 6ft 4in brick wall sweeper Salamon

here he is talking to me in training after the game explaining how he is worried about the brain damage he is going to suffer during the season from heading the other teams high passes and crosses

DKC7l_ZVWk_AUjkj_Y.jpg

Last edited:
So I started a temporary ML while awaiting the first patch and took over at SPAL on Superstar, challenge mode it started so well a sunny opening day at home to Crotone and the returning Legend at 40 years old Signori (who has come to help us stay up) puts us in front with a rare headed goal

ezgif-4-aee8ef5b2a.gif

sadly that was as good as it got because Crotone ramped up the pressure and Trotta scored a crazy 20 yard rocket post and in. 10 minutes from time a corner a scramble in the box and Crotone slide in to make it 2-1 we are too dead to come back

it got worse in the next game at home to Napoli we lost 5-0 they battered us their front 3 felt like playing a front 6 they had 17 shots to our 4 it could have been even worse but for Meret in goal

Frustrated how easily my team got ripped apart I started thinking what to do and I actually remembered when I played for a really crap sunday league team who after a few thrashings our manager made us play 5-4-1 with a sweeper, so..I decided to use this in the next game vs Lazio and put my tallest CB as sweeper to clear up and counter attack, it bloody worked! we drew 1-1 after scoring first OK I did have to hold on for long periods but they had 6 shots to out 4 and immobile couldnt beat the big bad 6ft 4in brick wall sweeper Salamon

here he is talking to me in training after the game explaining how he is worried about the brain damage he is going to suffer during the season from heading the other teams high passes and crosses

DKC7l_ZVWk_AUjkj_Y.jpg
Tough....just a horrible start
It'll get better

Go into your channel on youtube and hit creator studio and it should be in there.

Cheers @Deco how I can post a few highlights! nothing special and excuse the terrible editing and sounds, I can't care enough to spend the time haha!

I'm sitting 4th in La Liga right now but been really grinding out results. GD is pretty terrible as there have been lots of 1-0, 2-1s etc. Narrowly lot 4-3 to Real yesterday which was a kick in the nuts. I was 3-2 up with 15mins left and i carried on attacking, schoolboy error.

Hey guys, are tales from plain league mode welcome as well :D? If not I'll avoid, but I just started a Serie A League with Juventus, because I always like to wait more for the proper Master League, and I just had a wonderful Supercup game against my Lazio, which played a bit like the real one, with Lazio scoring first, me drawing in the end with Dybala, and them scoring again in the extra time, condemning me to lose. This was a game full of pathos, that played a lot like a real match, with CPU (at superstar) suffering a lot and playing quite humanly when I came back in the second half.. simply LOVED it..

I just wanted to share some good after all the "tension" of the main thread :D.

Cheers @Deco how I can post a few highlights! nothing special and excuse the terrible editing and sounds, I can't care enough to spend the time haha!

I'm sitting 4th in La Liga right now but been really grinding out results. GD is pretty terrible as there have been lots of 1-0, 2-1s etc. Narrowly lot 4-3 to Real yesterday which was a kick in the nuts. I was 3-2 up with 15mins left and i carried on attacking, schoolboy error.

Great vid some nice goals and feints in there.

Hey guys, are tales from plain league mode welcome as well :D? If not I'll avoid, but I just started a Serie A League with Juventus, because I always like to wait more for the proper Master League, and I just had a wonderful Supercup game against my Lazio, which played a bit like the real one, with Lazio scoring first, me drawing in the end with Dybala, and them scoring again in the extra time, condemning me to lose. This was a game full of pathos, that played a lot like a real match, with CPU (at superstar) suffering a lot and playing quite humanly when I came back in the second half.. simply LOVED it..

I just wanted to share some good after all the "tension" of the main thread :D.
Go for it Mac.always welcome in here

Good question,I think your records are saved,goals etc,not sure actually,haven't really reached that far yet,as a manager your progress and stats do remain.
Like I said,not sure,and haven't reached that far yet,sorry
Thanks can you let me know when you start a second season, cheers :)

So in PES2017 did player goals/assists in the league and cups save somewhere for each past season?

Back
Top Bottom