Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Spurs Thread - Rosicky = yiddddooooooo!!!

Yeah i heard about the Rosicky rumours, and i know his club are big in debt, so anythings possible.

As for The CB partnership next season, I would love to see Dawson make that step. He was seen as the next big thing a year or two back and from what i have seen of him he is total class. Davenport hasnt looked that clever from what i have seen of him at Soton since he's been there, but i guess he's on a big learning curve.

Re: Spurs Thread - Get well soon Noe

shame about paramot but kelly has done alright when hes in the team so im not overly bothered.

bloody jol, were linked with all these players and he just dismisses it. im sure we have a new policy of only buying players who are fat and irish.

how do you fancy are chances for europe ? i know 8th wont be too bad considering where we were last season but to be honest bolton, charlton and boro are all cack. were only 3 points off six and considering the amount of stupid points we dropped we should be up there (7th place should do it). with our squad we should be peaking around this time while everyone else gets knackered but it just doesnt seem to be happening.

hopefully we will get things back on track with a win over newcastle !!

Good win there. You rode your luck at times, but victory is everything.

Not only a good win, but a crucial win. Lets hope we can maintain the momentum until the end of the season and really make that european position safe.

Hi Guys

Good Result but crap display from a few players ruined what could of been a caining from us. Kanoute was poor yeasterday and just couldn't get into his cool and Skillfull self and he's shooting was Crap :| . Kelly was my star player yeasterday as he is showing great promise on the right and gets foward in good positions so another Carr in his prime comming through there.

Keane should have put through Reid at the end but there you go he doesnt want to be a team player so we'll have to see how long he stays now.

The midfield need to stop having snap shots too and just take there time. i swear i could have put some of those shots on target at least.

Very pleased to se Davis back in the mix and with some more games will be back to his self in no time

Good to be back to give some opinions

Hi Loz, Hi faiers, nice to see you guys still flying the flag

The future's bright the future's orange!!

hey wassup monkeys, hows it going mate ?

good poit about kelly, i didnt rate him at all when he first come on the scene but he looks like he could be our long term right back.

on to the pool game .... GET IN THERE EDMAN YOU FARKIN BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!

great result imo. considering our home games 7th place is now ours for the taking. we just have to prey utd do us a favour today. im gonna properly love it if we make the wafa cup. im already really looking forward to the prospect of going to somehwere like moldova to see joles blue and white army strut their stuff.

can any of you honestly see keane staying in the summer ? imo its tottaly pointless for a club in our position to have 4 forwards of that quality. i could understand if we were in the champions league and had a really piled up fixture list but were still no where near that standard. even when utd did it solsjkear was happy to sit on the bench and sheringham was always pissed off. defoes one of the best forwards in the league and hes on the bench basically every other game now, its stupid if you ask me. just take a look at how much his form has dropped since mido was bought in and wev had to rotate.

the fourth forward will definately be handy in some circumstances but for what where losing it just doesnt seem to be worth it. as long as we have a youngster who can come in for the 3 odd games when we have 2 strikers injured we will be fine. dont get me wrong, i do love keane and hes been a superb signing but he just doesnt seem to fit in with the new regime and i honestly reckon wed be better off selling him and investing in a quality wide player.

on the subject of wide playewrs, is anyone else bitterly dissapointed by andy reid aswell ?

Re: Spurs Thread - edman = GOAL OF THE SEASON !!

whoa edman spanked that aerow ball hard just look at the ball in flight just perfect one of the truest hist of a ball eva

Hey TBM, i havent seen any of the game as i just got back from a suprise trip to spain!! a video of the goals would be excellent?!?!?

I think Keano is a legend, but like u say mate, we are losing more often than not because we need to play these players, like playing three up front, but with two of em wide, seems a total waste.

would love to see a really pacy wide man, a la Waddle, a few tricks and a dip of the shoulder to beat a man.

But we'll have to see where we end up . . .Bring on Europe!!! ;)

Good game on Saturday. I thought that Spurs did themselves proud and were a credit to football. What an entertaining game - apart from the damage it did to our schizophrenic season - was one of the better ones I've seen this season. Great goal by Edman - does anybody think Dudek could have done anything and/or is the ball floating about like one of those cheap plastic ones that we all used to play with in school when casey's were expensive? ....Still, great to watch. I enjoyed Dawson's performance for you guys but I think Kanoute needs the boot and Keane needs to stay. Also, what a good game from the ref - unusual these days.:D

i want a clip as well

i have seen it already but wanna see it again :)

Cant find a video anywhere but obviously will get it on here for the world to see again when its about.

Really good advert for football that. Tottenham v Loverpool is always a good game of footie but that was the best i have seen in a while.

Also i think the fans did Tottenham proud with the minutes silence, well done boys!!

I was just looking at the table and had that thought of "if only we got that goal at old trafford we would be four points clear of 8th :( that is a bit gay.

Im really starting to beleive but something in the back of my head is telling me to keep my feet on the ground.

THe Futures bright, the futures orange!! :mrgreen:

nah crayon, kanoute has been awesome this season where as keane has been a massive let down. keane been getting the goals but his first touch has been atrocious this year and everytime he takes someone he gives the ball away soooooo cheaply, where as that was the biggest part of his game before hand. kanoute is still inconsistent but when hes on form hes probabably our most influential player. defenders just cant stop him taking long balls on his chest and holding on to the ball normally.

im quite looking forward to seeing dawson play tomorow. if he can stay fit him and king could be some partnership by the sounds of it. f*ck knows what happened to davenport, the hammers were raving about him when he was on loan there.

heres hoping to shaun wright-phillips eh loz ;), id settle for figo though ^^.

i know what you mean monkeys, im starting to think we might f*ck it up somehow. we should do it but i can see us losing to villa at home or something stupid like that.

even without the mendes goal wev blown a lot of points this season. i cant believe we only took 1 point from 6 games against charlton, bolton and palace !!!! saying that though we should be a much, much better team next year and even now were only a couple of wins of 4th place.

SWP would be great, really cant see it tbh. Do you lot think Davies will leave? I hope not as he was a superb player a year or so ago and scored some really good goals.

I also think we will fuck up the run-in, but hope Jol can get us playing more consistently next season.

Any predictions for tomorrow night then boys?

I reckon we owe them one for the WHL debacle earlier on this season.

2-1 to us me thinks ;)

Re: Spurs Thread - !!

i cant beleive we drew with west brom, hopefully we will make amends against those sarf landon pikeys !!!!!!!!!

i know the villa and boro game are a lot more important if we want to make 7th but i have to say i really do hate those farkin kants ... a lot.

if you cant tell yet, im starting to turn mental as its only two hours to kick off now. i offered a gooner mate (as much of a mate you can be with a gonner that is) of mine 100 quid for his ticket but he wouldnt take it so its the pub for me tonight. did any of you guys manage to fluke a ticket ?

davies is an alright player but the injuries have stopped him progressing so i wont be too fussed if he leaves. at the moment we seem to have an abundance of players at that level, i think if we want to progress we need to add some real international class to our promising young team.

Re: Spurs Thread - ARSENAL ARE FARKIN SCUM !!

Shocker tonight, we started off well, after the Reyes chance that was. Thought Dawson was immense again tonight. But our final delivery was poor all night long.
Was especially disappointed with Reid, thought he was very poor.

And while I agree that Davies needs to improve to take us to the next level i am just a little bit concerned with the lack of right sided players we have in the squad.

O, i though Carrick was quality in the first half, but seemed to get over-run in the second, seems as though we are really missing the energy of Brown at the moment. We had noone trying to make things happen in the second half.

Well another point missed in my eyes.

Keaneo was a wisker away and im not gunna even start on Cole's hand of Cod!

We started both halfs well but by the end of them i was a bit worried of our commitment.

Good to see wenger talking of us trying to play football the right way and that we are an organised team, just what i needed after the game

i personally am well chuffed with Spurs this year. Thinking of how i felt last year and when Santini left i would of sold my mum for how we are now.

on paper we should cane both the Villans and borough but we wont, i see a draw all over the villa game and boro will test us big time.

I dont see what a big money player could bring to this side that a hungry young player cant. dont forget we have two players who have signed pre contracts one of which (huddlestone i think its spelt) is looking brilliant at derby. add to that Reid still needs time to get up to pace and we may still get routledge in for the right hand side. i say that we may need to sell rather before we buy anyone else as we soon will have to many chefs. and you know how the saying for that goes :)

i want kanoute to leave and make way for another big guy .....i dont like him as he is not really consistant...(imo)

Nickybaker said:
bbbybx said:
I imagine he means Arsenal around 70 years ago when we based in Woolwich

I see, should have guessed. I have had spurs fans say that before. They seem to think it puts down Arsenal for some reason?

Oh well!

nike121 said:
i want kanoute to leave and make way for another big guy .....i dont like him as he is not really consistant...(imo)

yeah he is not very consistant but when he is on form we become unbeleivabley good going foward, just watch us after the liverpool league cup semi-final. he became our bets player for a good few months.

i think all we really need in the team is a Sheringham type striker. some one who can link the midfield to attack with effetless grace. kanoute on a good day is awsome the player we need. I hope mabey Mido is the man i am looking for but untill he gets match fit i guess ill have to wait and see.

I personally dont wanna get rid of any of our front four until were looking for the next level of greatness - Champs league!, theres no point coz i personally think for were we are in terms of cups, league placings theres knowone better for us to have. fact.

bbbybx said:
Nickybaker said:
I see, should have guessed. I have had spurs fans say that before. They seem to think it puts down Arsenal for some reason?

Oh well!

dont worry mate it does put down proper arsneal fans. its just the glory hunters who care more about thierry enree and va va voom than the actual history of the club and what it means who couldnt care less.

what a bad game. thats the worst derby game iv seen in a long long time. i can only remeber each keeper having to make a save each. we were battered in the first half and didnt do nearly enough to turn it around in the 2nd. oh well , maybe next year ! week in week out it seems to be our wing play that dissapoints the most.

monkeys you say you cant see what a big time player will bring that a hungry youngster cant but did you not get the impression that it was a bit like men againt boys out there on monday ? im all for the policy of buying young but i reckon 2 or 3 players with a fair bit of experience could make a hell of a differance. for example carrick is a pretty talented player but for the most part he can look lost on a football pitch compared to someone like mendes who seems to have that know how.

i agree a link up player is needed though. its a shame the midfield is still so weak otherwise we wouldnt have to rely on the big man all the time. the players we have are talented enough but the mobility and movement is a bit of a joke. look how much trouble we had with pires tearing it up down the wing ? i honestly cant ever imagine reid offering that sort of penetration.

hey loz, i know what you mean about brown but do you see him as a long term first teamer if we were to reach the levels we desire ? if we need that type of player id love to have scotty parker whos basically a far superior model.

Re: Spurs Thread - ashley cole loves a handball !!

o yeah, i dont see brown taking us to the next level, just feel he does a better job than anyone else we have of lifting the team at the mo. Defoe did poorly with that chance he had in the first half, and if that had gone in i feel we would have coped better.

but i just hope we beat the boro in the next game. I'm, also glad they only drew to the geordies, means we are still in with a shout.

Re: Spurs Thread - ashley cole loves a handball !!

I know what your saying faiers but unless we are in europe we have not got a hope in hell of getting the Quality to stay there. its catch 22 with clubs like us. Arsenal hade quite a young team out aswell. im not saying not to buy some good players but why spend alot of money on so called stars ala Newcastle when you can scout about for a good hard working younger model. Frank arsen is not the bees nees coz he buys big stars he buy stars of the future ad we have an abundance of that comming through at the mo. i can see big steps to what we have done before and if you think that was the worst Derby you have seen remember the 3-0 a couple of seasons back, we were absolute twaddle in that game atleast we showed that we try to work as a unit.

if we were so happy with a top 10 finnish at chrimbo why start overestimating what the team has to acheive. if we get into europe its off the back of other teams doing well not the fact that we have done exceptionally well. in two years time when most of the crop we have are more experienced more mature, we could have one of the best teams in history at this club. patience is still somethig spurs fans have to learn if were to succeed.

Reid is b no means the finnished artical but jesus he has been here for two month and has to adjust to the prem. being a winger in the Prem is so hard and to be thrust upon it with a team all learning there respected trade at the top flight it is even harder.

I think i am an optimist this year for the simple fact that i can see hue jumps in our progress.

Back
Top Bottom