Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

Im going to be honest with you guys. I got the PSP round 2 months ago now, and I dont even play the game i got with it. I got Ridge Racers which i find very repetitive. I hardly use my psp now, there are just no games that i find appealing. The only use i have of it, when i dont have time to watch the new tv shows i download, i convert them to mp4 format to watch them during my frees at school, which is pretty hard to do anyway with everyone going "oooh, what is that? can i play?". Hahha anyway my point is i wouldnt reccoment buying it until you are sure that you are going to enjoy the game you buy with it, I just bought Ridge Racer due to the fact that everone else had it and we could play multiplayer games. However, it gets boring. BTW i spent 2100 Hong Kong Dollars and got 1 game and screen protector for free.

Sulph said:
Im going to be honest with you guys. I got the PSP round 2 months ago now, and I dont even play the game i got with it. I got Ridge Racers which i find very repetitive. I hardly use my psp now, there are just no games that i find appealing. The only use i have of it, when i dont have time to watch the new tv shows i download, i convert them to mp4 format to watch them during my frees at school, which is pretty hard to do anyway with everyone going "oooh, what is that? can i play?". Hahha anyway my point is i wouldnt reccoment buying it until you are sure that you are going to enjoy the game you buy with it, I just bought Ridge Racer due to the fact that everone else had it and we could play multiplayer games. However, it gets boring. BTW i spent 2100 Hong Kong Dollars and got 1 game and screen protector for free.

Yep!

I want one but am aprehensive because at the end of the day the games a ps2 ports!

No originality AGAIN and this is Sonys ploy and we are falling for it!

Look at the games how many are on PS2 already?

Only WE will appeal 2 me, i will probably stick with me DS as i got the Kirby platformer 2nite n this game is 2 good!

With more ORIGINAL games coming out later in the year (exception Mario) i will be more than happy with Animal crossing, Mario Kart abd Advance Wars!

BUY A DS!

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sony have done this since the first PS I agree. The thing is though, there ain't many original ideas left for any system. Mario Kart original? I would have bought a DS except I already have a GBASP and would probably lose that bloody pencil thing in 5 seconds flat! The PSP though does look a lot cooler.

crayon said:
Sony have done this since the first PS I agree. The thing is though, there ain't many original ideas left for any system. Mario Kart original? I would have bought a DS except I already have a GBASP and would probably lose that bloody pencil thing in 5 seconds flat! The PSP though does look a lot cooler.

Mario Kart aint original but hell its more fun than RR and NFSU!

PSP does look cool but 2 me gameplay matters more as does fun so am afraid PSP just does not cut it!

isn't lumines an orignal game?

i have bought that as my first psp game. still waiting for it to arrive though.

Kenny M said:
isn't lumines an original game?

i have bought that as my first psp game. still waiting for it to arrive though.

As far as I know it hasnt been released before on any other format and I believe that makes it an original game

Any news of an official announcement on Pro Evo for the PSP?

Got a JAP PSP with Lumines and Ridge Racer winging its way to me now.

Yes, Lumines is an original. As for Pro Evo - there are rumours but nothing official I believe.....yet.

Dead Man said:
Yep!

I want one but am aprehensive because at the end of the day the games a ps2 ports!

No originality AGAIN and this is Sonys ploy and we are falling for it!

Look at the games how many are on PS2 already?

Only WE will appeal 2 me, i will probably stick with me DS as i got the Kirby platformer 2nite n this game is 2 good!

With more ORIGINAL games coming out later in the year (exception Mario) i will be more than happy with Animal crossing, Mario Kart abd Advance Wars!

BUY A DS!

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Advance Wars

3 games that are all available on other machines therefore are a slap in the face against what you are trying to say.

I will add that PSP games, whilst also available on other systems, are NOT direct ports.

Lumines is original. Ridge Racers is a version unavailable on ANY machine other than PSP. Its basically "The Best of Ridge Racers.."

The Fifa is PSP only, the Tiger Woods is PSP only. Both have been designed for the handheld (ie: different game modes and designed more around pick up and play) rather than being simply ported over. Tony Hawks is the only real direct port atm and even that gives you 4 more levels so is different on PSP to the PS2 version..

DS is full of original games though.. Ridge Racers, Tiger Woods, Mario Kart, Mario64, Need for Speed, advance wars, Kirby etc…. even some of the better games are available online for free (ZooKeeper). Admittedly Meteos looks good, but nowhere near the standard of Lumines.

People who dismiss PSP for its ports are quite clearly speaking biased rubbish, especially when they say that PSP is for ports whereas Nintendo DS has lots of original games. No it doesn’t. It has an original control method, same old games.

Hows about Mercury? Smart Bomb? The PSP ONLY GTA anyone?? All original and looking brilliant and bound for PSP.

I don’t force PSP on anyone, but please, get your facts right.

Last edited:

Perhaps Dead Man has picked up the marketing role for Nintendo? Anyway, I think both machines have their merits and it really is personal preference. I just don't have the money to buy both!! ;)

Last edited:

crayon said:
Perhaps Dead Man has picked up the marketing role for Nintendo? Anyway, I think both machines have their merits and it really is personal preference. I just don't have the money to buy both!! ;)

Not really mate just respect what Ninty are TRYING to do!

The PSP is overpried no getting away from that which alienates a last majority of people if they want to outsell the DS, hence not selling out in US tho the pratically equalled the DS sales.

When i msaid original i meant the way you use he games and should of explained but 2 say that PSP EA games and a few more aint ports your blind as they are just dumbed down.

Read the reviews.

You can only take graphics so far b4 gameplay must take priority hence WE being better than Fifa!

Aint played Wipeout but you guys say its good so i take your word for it, 2 be honest as soon as a rpg comes out i might get one sent over or maybe at the end of the month.

Do any of you guys have a US one? Heard the screens are crap just wanted some confirmation?

Last edited by a moderator:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

who has a US one and how much and where did u buy it from?? did u payc ustom charges for it?

I have heard rumours of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes PSP, whether this is true, as KONAMI have Metal Gear Acid, and are working on Metal Gear Coitus (what's a Coitus?) I would love to see Twin Snakes on PSP, how about you?

Dead Man said:
Shocked about?

I was shocked just because it has very little to do with the PSP. Why not start a DS thread?

matherto - it would be cool to see a proper Metal Gear on the PSP. MG Coitus - interruptus by any chance?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

crayon said:
I was shocked just because it has very little to do with the PSP. Why not start a DS thread?

Can i do that?

Dead Man said:
Can i do that?

What?

Start a DS Thread?

Please go ahead, I see no reason why both handhelds cant have their own threads

Ordered a PSP yestereday off ebay for 220 with wipeout and the spiderman 2 movie.

Hope its worth as truth be told aint really give the machine a chance but cant see me putting my DS down tho.

Is wipeout as hard as previous versions for those who have it?

Also ordered Tiger Woods as i love golf, are ther any other games?

Not RR as the game looks good but is shallow.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

RR is definitely shallow - like all its previous versions, but fun all the same, unlocking courses, cars etc. I just bought Wipeout Pure here today and am well impressed although thank the Lord it isn't as hard as Fusion was for the PS2. I played a multiplayer game with a mate today and its my first experience. It's so cool not having to play with a link cable. Is Tiger Woods available and does it work on Japanese PSP? Oh well, even if it doesn't I already have Minna no Golf which is good enough.

crayon said:
RR is definitely shallow - like all its previous versions, but fun all the same, unlocking courses, cars etc. I just bought Wipeout Pure here today and am well impressed although thank the Lord it isn't as hard as Fusion was for the PS2. I played a multiplayer game with a mate today and its my first experience. It's so cool not having to play with a link cable. Is Tiger Woods available and does it work on Japanese PSP? Oh well, even if it doesn't I already have Minna no Golf which is good enough.

Aint the console region free?

Tiger Woods is out on Tuesday.

Wipeout has got to be one of the best arcade (futuristic) racers out. I'm glad the PSP version is back on the fun track.

On a sidenote, Fifa looks quite amazing on the PSP :) Now give us our WE PSP Konami!

Left out on that deal before and found a better one today i think.

Japanese Value Pack for 310€ including shipping.

it's as cheap as i can get here i think, lik-sang or playasia would be at least 340€ including ups shipping, and all the extra costs.

i think i'm going for this one as i don't expect it to be much cheaper once it gets released in europe (50€ maybe?)

Back
Top Bottom