Sony PlayStation 4

Is Netflix on PS4 as it is on PS3?
This is vital for me and my girl in order to keep our relationship alive. Then, there's also sex.

Are there any games out that are worth buying a PS4 for?

Just seen the last of us trailer and that looked pretty good the Xbox hasn't got any of them style games out yet and would mind getting stuck into a single player game like it.

Exclusive wise... Errr... I cant think of anything else.

Killzone is pretty but it plays like a PS3 game with small corridor maps, glitchy areas you can accidentally get stuck in when exploring and poor ai and lots of 'defend area while something happens and enemies keep spawning'.

Infamous is very pretty. But I found it really boring. Not as good as the first for me so it feels worse than it probably would to someone coming at it fresh.

Err .. I cant think of anything else

Remarkable how many PS4s Sony has sold so far considering the dearth of original and indispensable content for it.

More to do with the general forum hate the and perception portrayed by the media that the ps4 is a more capable machine when in reality the differences between the ps4 and Xboxone is marginal.As it turns out having faster gddr ram isn't quite the positive it's heralded as being as this is bottlenecked by the CPU,and in real terms both machines are closer then thought.

As a owner of both my xboxone has had more use ie titanfall and what I would consider a superior controller(personal choice).

No doubt ms screwed up there early marketing and the kinect u-turn hasn't helped but speak to most savvy gamers and there stating there's no real significant differences between the machines.

No doubt the ps4 is generally hitting higher resolutions compared to a slight drop on the xboxone.But I wouldn't be surprised within a year that general parity hits between both systems when developers harness how to max out the slightly more complex architecture of the xboxone.

To many folks put to much stock in specs on paper rather then proof of concept,and Sony always claim the more powerful hardware.

Be interesting to see how It pans out but there both very capable machines..and ultimately software in time will sell the most units not specs.

imo the one controller is probably the worst piece of shit i encountered over the past 2 generations.

reaching the lb / rb buttons with my rather big hands is like trying to break fingers. that alone as reason for me to switch to the ps4, as playing games that require those buttons regularly was next to impossible for me (e.g. fifa)

imo the one controller is probably the worst piece of shit i encountered over the past 2 generations.

reaching the lb / rb buttons with my rather big hands is like trying to break fingers. that alone as reason for me to switch to the ps4, as playing games that require those buttons regularly was next to impossible for me (e.g. fifa)

Coming from mostly the Xbox 360 controller (I didn't use the PS3 much) I mirrored the dislike of the Xbox One controller for the same reasons of not liking the RB/LB buttons. After a day or two, I didn't notice it as an issue, and now (months later) I greatly prefer the One controller.

The Playstation remotes (all of them including PSX) all give me hand cramps after over an hour or so of play. Microsoft has always made controllers that have fit my hands well, since the Sidewinder gamepad for the PC.

Worst remote I've ever owned is the Goldstar 3DO remote. My hands cramped all the time. N64 remote is a close and terrible second.

Ie controllers...the dead zones of the ds4 analog sticks are still a issue although much improved over the ps3 controller.

I like the almost pixel perfect response of the Xbox 360 and xboxone sticks but that said I always preferred the looser feel of the ps3 sticks for bioshock infinite..when it comes to pes and fifa the 360 and one sticks just feel more accurate for pin point passing and feel but again it boils down to personnel choice.

The n64 pad was a marvel,the first true analog controller with pressure sensitive buttons and I loved the enhanced user control that afforded with ISS,golden eye and how its whole design was primary built around mario64..

Never been overly brand loyal to Sony although naturally my love of pes was forged on the ps2.

Halo was landmark for me and the smaller re-design of the original cemented what I consider still to be the better controller on the market,many PC users would agree.

The ps4 feels slightly to long but I'm having a hoot currently with TLOU remastered and I'm sure if pes15 is superior to its xboxone counterpart this will be my preferred format.

For many there first steps in gaming were forged on the ps2,so for them its the definitive pad and what feels natural..my seasoned skills were forged on atati vcs controllers and speccy rubber keys,so I take a middle of the road view.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced with both formats interms of there up coming library of games,but I'm long in the tooth now and with family its mainly footie now and the top tier games I play.

Purity of game play appeals to me more and most of what's about or is upcoming is indentikit with more graphical gloss..different industry now and sadly the industry still thinks the average demo graphic of a gamer is the teenage to early twenties bracket.

There's still the stand out stuff like the bioshocks of this world but the rinse and repeat yearly releases like Cod and assassins creed don't float my gaming boat.

It have nothing similar to GOW, it's a Demons/Dark Soul game! And it will probably be amazing!

No, I don't mean it's similar in context. What i mean is it looks like a hack-n-slash game, like GOW, which I'm not a fan of. Other than that it looks really good.

Last edited:
Driveclub gifs

DapperAptArmadillo.gif

driveclouds91yw4.gif

Back
Top Bottom