Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Design, Screens, Videos)

Milanista said:
Xbox 360 is quite fat.

ps3Xbox.jpg

The plugs are the same size, so its quite a legit comparison.

That is a joke...hahaha! You call that a comparison?? Watch the Sony conference again and when they guy picks the machine up it looks exactly the same, scale wise, as the 360 when that was being held.

The ps3 wont have a huge plug on the back for nothing. Also from an outside view of someone holding a machine is different. Hold your Xbox from a distance and it looks almost as big as a PS2.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Comparing them now, when the PS3's design isn't final is a little pointless. I just think you will be surprised at how similar they are in size (currently).

in that picture, the ps3 is placed further away from the 360 making it look smaller.

Milanista said:
xbox-360-faq-20050428074528991-000.jpg

Why are the plugs the same size then?

i don't know, i'm just pointing out that error.

You do know that it's been reported everywhere that the PS3 is the biggest console, even bigger than the original Xbox. That doesn't explain the pic though.

I read on many places that the ps3 is the roughly the same size as the PS2, not the slim version of course! I expected a smaller system still, but as long it looks cool and fits on the same place where I have my PS2, it wil be fine!

Maybe that guy's just a midget, that's why it looks huge, though IGN do say the 360 is smaller.

a better view of the controller
e3-2005-playstation-3-pics-20050518113522253.jpg

you can just barely see the L2 button but its there.

Man that console looks ugly!

Dont know y but what do you guys think?

Man PS3 looks sweet..cant wait to get that sh!t...

rockykabir said:
_41152949_kutaragi203_b.jpg

Looks massive.........who gives a fudge anyway? I hardly see my PS2 anyway

The PS3 does look horrible, and TOO big.

Funny how people didnt like the xbox cos it was too big, but now they're willing to accept the PS3 !

For the love of god..the guy is nearly 4" tall.. why are you complaining.. size doesnt matter performance does..

Well, I like the design.
I see all sort of contradictory news. One saying PS3 is smaller than X360, other saying it's bigger, some saying it's the same size as the Xbox, some saying it's the size of the PS2.
From what I see, and read, the size is the one of the PS2. X360 is a little smaller!
And I still can't detect the L2/R2 buttons. Are they that small?

has anyone watched the ingame trailer for dark sectors yet
the 68 mg one on ign?
i cant get to watch it here. doh

Revan said:
Well, I like the design.
I see all sort of contradictory news. One saying PS3 is smaller than X360, other saying it's bigger, some saying it's the same size as the Xbox, some saying it's the size of the PS2.
From what I see, and read, the size is the one of the PS2. X360 is a little smaller!
And I still can't detect the L2/R2 buttons. Are they that small?

U can just about see em look closely!

Use the force!

Star Wars Ep 3 cant wait!

Sorry bout that! ;)

what about the desktop pc ur all sitting behind. talk about ugly and big! :p

someone told me that the games news on c4 teletext is saying that all the vids were not pre-rendered and sony are sticking by it.
if thats true and ALL were by the PS3 then its time to quack in me pants.

peat said:
someone told me that the games news on c4 teletext is saying that all the vids were not pre-rendered and sony are sticking by it.
if thats true and ALL were by the PS3 then its time to quack in me pants.

Ah yes, Ch4 Teletext, that well known and respected source for all technology information :D

We will NEVER know whether is was real or not. Let's move on from that discussion point and enjoy what we have seen so far.

This thread gives me more information about the people discussing than about the consoles...Never thought people could be fanatical about bloody machines...bring George Orwell back!!!!

gerd said:
This thread gives me more information about the people discussing than about the consoles...Never thought people could be fanatical about bloody machines...bring George Orwell back!!!!

shit, it's pretty tame and level headed around here compared to many other forums discussing the new consoles and press conferences.

Sudden strike12 said:
I bet you didnt say that about the xbox though, did you ?

I knew XBOX was more powerful than PS2.. but I was never a fan of XBOX.. Like I said console size shouldn`t matter..

Siroco said:
shit, it's pretty tame and level headed around here compared to many other forums discussing the new consoles and press conferences.

Yep agreed, and please keep it that way. We don't want any obsessive fanboys on this site.

ahh reactor you may mock C4 teletext but the gaming section is written by proper games journalists and I actually find they do more fair and proper reviews than most magazines that you have to pay 6 quid for. Most of the time they speak alot of sense too.
Personally I listen to what they say alot more than OPS2M or Edge or any of them planks.

Back
Top Bottom