Sony PlayStation 3

jumbo said:
As far as hype. I've been playing games over a decade. No such thing as hype in my dictionary. I'm don't follow the masses. What counts for me is games and I'm buying systems for games, nothing else.

Final Fantasy (own all PSX, PS2 and some NES titles)
MGS (own all PS sequels)
Socom (been playing all Socom games online on PS2)
WE (own all PS games)
Tekken (played them all)
Resident Evil (played them all)
GTA (best series ever)
etc.

I'm not going with SONY coz of the hype. I want a PS3 because it's a proven brand with proven franchises. With new exciting franchises on the way, it's only going to get better.

If MS could give me all these games on X360 I'd ditch PS3 in a second.

So Guys, please - Hype only applies to casuals..

:)

Oh please....The XBox and PlayStation brands are the epitome of hype and casual gamers - the gaming industry would be nowhere without them.

The fact that people are willing to spend $500-600 is evidence that hype (and people falling for it) is still prevalent as ever.

If people can get off Sony's (and Microsoft's) lap for one second and boycott their products to protest against their extortionate ways - instead of happily contemplating spending $600 (and all this before a single decent game has been demonstrated) - then your statement would be a lot more believeable.

People were saying exactly the same things for Sega and Nintendo - but up came Sony and their wad of cash. Most of the game franchises moved over to Sony's popular lil grey machine - and this was just as unbelieveable back then especially for titles such as Final Fantasy which had a huge Nintendo following. As much as I dislike the corporate ways of Micro$oft, they are doing the exact same thing as Sony had done all those years back.

Game developers aim to make money and sell as many copies they can to the masses. The PS and PS2 were the consoles for the masses - the $600 PS3 simply ain't. If Konami et co find that they aren't selling as many copies on the PS3, they will look elsewhere. The fact that Hideo Kojima stated that the MGS4 demo can work on the 360 is a huge hint of their (possible) future plans.

Last edited:
hype = unreal, impossible goals, expectations.

I don't have any. I gave clear examples of the games I want. If I believed the hype I would probably expect the Killzone E05 type of graphics in all launch games.

I'm sorry, I just do not see how willing to spend $500 on a system that meets my expectations (GAMES) is hype.

Hype is up to subjective evaluation. ;)

I do agree that there's no reason to get one at launch but there's no guarantee that a price drop will happen in 2007.

Last edited:
The PS3 had such a bad showing at E3. EVEYONE and their momma is saying it. It was Wii THEN 360 then SONY. But even then Sony sucked so bad. They couldn't convince me at all that their console was the one to own. We all kinda knew the price was gonna be high but that's beside the point if they showed games that were just amazing THEN I think it wouldn't matter but they showed shit for games and they showed shit for innovation. Blur Ray needs a hi def setup and not everybody is jumping on that right away. it's awaste really becuase the PS3 should be a gaming machine FIRST and FOREMOST and they showed NOTHING of interest. metal gear solid 4 is this "yellowish/greenish/grayish looking game with about the same art direction as it's past reiterations.ALL the games had the worst color skew imaginable the games had this horrible color quality to them. What did SONY NOT wanna fix the issue the PS2 had? i mean i play PS2 games on my hdtv and the games have to have color added to them by alot by tv settings. i played winning eleven and the game looks bland as anything and thought I expect that of the PS2 I do not expect that of the PS3 YET thats exactly what they showed us. You can argue that it's in it'as early stages but that horsepoop.

You mean you actually wanted SONY to show more CGI to hype the public?
They showed games and that's all that matters.

Dude, talk what you want about SONY but give KOJIMA some respect.

KOJIMA is first and formost all about the gameplay, atmosphere, story, characters, ambience, mood, theme and messages. The graphics while never his priority still always come out lookin the best of the generation.

You ain't got SHIT on MGS. Art direction = pathetic complaint.

Last edited:
rockykabir said:
Jumbo, I wouldn't really pay attention to Bumperman's comments...his opinion on a number of topics is quite unique (and sometimes, on the border of insanity) ;)

lol yeh, I think many of us just ignore him now ;)

I think his point about Sony having the weakest E3 show is very true, but that never means anything. Microsoft had an awful conference last year, but still had a very successful launch.

Looks like SONY really got to someone. Hahahahahaha.

So young and so angry.

Man forget about them evil gaming corporations for a while and get out, enjoy the good weather while it lasts.

If only there was good weather to enjoy in Northern Ireland atm. :(

rockykabir said:
?!?!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

seriously....most of us are in the UK here(!)
My dad's not complaining, he can water the grass as there is a hose pipe ban :lmao:

You guys are worried about the price?

Well guess how much they are going to sell the PlayStation3 in Kuwait...600 Kuwaiti Dinars so basicly they are just switiching the dollar sign to a K.D.

and by the way (K.D.1 = $3.40)

ClassicD said:
^^

If that's true, you'll be paying £1,104.21.

Its true..although its not anounced yet but thats what they did with the PlayStation2.

They also sold the Xbox360 for 400 K.D.

I'm not an economics man myself, but I'd expect Kuwait's average income per capita to be greater than that of most countries (I could be v wrong though).

But still...that price is ridiculous. Is this the official Sony price in Kuwait or is it some random dealer hiking up the prices?

rockykabir said:
I'm not an economics man myself, but I'd expect Kuwait's average income per capita to be greater than that of most countries (I could be v wrong though).

But thats not a good excuse for such prices.

Plus Dubai (United Arab Emirates) had the same price for the Xbox360.

Last edited:
If SONY is officially releasing PS3 in Kuwait then that price is bullshit.

If not, the importers (stores) can charge you anything they want. Which is bullshit too but legal.

I'm sure it has to be imports. In Dubai, there are very few official dealers, most people, 95% buy from unofficial dealers who sell it chipped.

There is and official dealer in Kuwait and I guess thats where I'm buying mine...I used to buy my consoles from unoffical dealers because they chip it. But since the ps3 is region free no need for that.

nazzo said:
There is and official dealer in Kuwait and I guess thats where I'm buying mine...I used to buy my consoles from unoffical dealers because they chip it. But since the ps3 is region free no need for that.

It wont be for all games. It will be like 360 where its up to developers

few new games on PS3 :

- Half-Life 2 (PS3, EA/Valve)
- Burnout 5 (PS3/PSP, EA)
- NBA Street Vol. 4 (PS3, EA)
- Thesis (PS3, Fantasy Aventure - Track7 Games)
- Interstellar Marines (PS3, FPS - Zero Point Software)
- Project Offset (PS3, FPS - Offset Software)
- Urban Mysteries (PS3/Xbox 360, Action/Aventure - ZeitGuyz)
- NCAA Football 07 (PS3, EA)
- Star Wars: Force Unleashed (PS3, LucasArts)

Back
Top Bottom