Running the Manchester 10k for Guide Dogs

If its the 10K for Guide Dogs why aren't the guide dogs running? Or will they be pulling along blind people who are running? Are you blind dags? Will any of these dogs be pulling sleds during this racing? I'm broke Dags but i would like to donate in a little while when I'm better fixed. I'm just waiting on my next shipment of Moroccan Black to come in, after that i hit the streets and I should be well square for a few weeks.

:D

This guy is hilarious!

Just bumping this for people who didn't see it the first time, or have the money the first time and might now ;)

:LMAO:

I once saw a really horrible moment in the street. A blind man was walking with his guide dog, then all of a sudden the dog turned and started making hand gestures to his master. He knew his master couldn't see him, so he started doing the 'Bird' to him and sticking two fingers/paws up at him. It was really horrible to see the contempt towards his master, I nearly cried.

:LMAO:

BRILLIANT!

Just as an update, I did a run last night, 2.28 miles in 27 mins. Not too good really considering the 10k is 6.6 miles and I hope to get under an hour but there's still 8 weeks left so if I keep my running up, my times should improve :)

So, anyone who hasn't donated want to now? Jumbo? CW when you get your first pay? :)

My training has picked up a bit more now, started improving my speed as well so I'm feeling confident, really looking forward to the race now :)

No idea when I get paid, you can have a quid when I get my first pay packet :TU:

Not yet, did a training plan on this running site and the 4 miles starts either this Sunday or next, with the following Sundays going to 6 miles I think.

Going to have a quick run tonight, maybe just a mile, and then do a 2 mile run tomorrow. The running guide recommends I run Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday but I'd like to try and run small amount each day if I can.

Not yet, did a training plan on this running site and the 4 miles starts either this Sunday or next, with the following Sundays going to 6 miles I think.

Going to have a quick run tonight, maybe just a mile, and then do a 2 mile run tomorrow. The running guide recommends I run Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday but I'd like to try and run small amount each day if I can.

You shouldn't run at all a week before. Or at least 4 days I think it is. It makes quite a bit of difference.

I'll be taking my mobile and taking photos before and after the race :) I'll make sure a photo of the after-race pint will be taken as well :D

Any more sponsors? :)

I've only been doing shorter runs but doing them more frequently so haven't tried a long run yet. I'm thinking of having a longer run this Sunday and seeing how well I can go.

I'm feeling confident of doing well in the run itself, the momentum and occasion, as well as the crowd, will give me a push and I'm confident I'll do a good show for myself :)

Quite looking forward to it! I was really jealous when my girlfriend did the Manchester 10k last year with the amount of people there, the general organisation of the event and the whole fanfare of the whole thing was awesome.

The Liverpool 10k was a bit rubbish in comparison as it was just running around a park that I've ran around loads of times, not many spectators and nowhere near as many runners as the Manchester run has. I did 1hr 7mins in the Liverpool 10k and that was with hardly any training, no crowd or scenery to motivate you along with the occasion of it all, and I didn't take my headphones for some reason!

Definately taking my headphones (well, earphones) this time although I dunno whether to listen to music or a book. If I listen to music then it could pump me up and give me good pace. But then a good book will take my mind off the running and I'll be going on autopilot while I'm concentrating on the story :)

Back
Top Bottom