Running the Manchester 10k for Guide Dogs

Finished in 1hr 4mins and 40 secs which isn't great even though it's a better time than I did the Liverpool 10k in.

What's also strange is that I didn't stop running for the whole 10k, didn't stop to walk once so I thought my time would be better :(

Well, sounds good to me! Better than I;d ever do anyway heh. Well done dear. :)

Last edited:
He didn't stop because he robbed a wallet on the starting line and the bloke chased him all the way.

Well done Dags.

Because Jay then nicked Dags's wallet which he just nicked and Dags chased him all the way

:TU:

Just looking on forums and other people who did the Manc 10k and the general consensus is that it's too busy a race to get a personal best as you spend a lot of time dodging slower runners and getting passed people who walk.

Can't help but think if I did the quieter Liverpool 10k on Sunday instead, I'd have gotten a much better time (especially given that I ran all of this run and walked a bit during the Liverpool run last year).

I'm going to enter the 2009 Liverpool 10k in October and hopefully I'll hit my hour mark then :)

Well done mate :DD

I did the 'race the world' thingy at Wembley last year and did it in 1hour and something seconds and I ran half the way and then for the second half I kept walking and running. That had ALOT of people and it was congested at the beggining and was hard to get going.

But I run quite fast - If I paced myself better I would have run it in one go. I might do it again this year and see if I do any better.

Cheers Bobby :D

I enquired about a running club near me, I'm thinking I might start training with them once or twice a week as that'll improve my fitness and speed loads.

I really need to lose some weight as well :(

I didn't want to drop my short, Jay was chasing me after I robbed his wallet and I didn't want him behind me with my shorts down ...

Something would've been broken and it wouldn't be a time ...

:SHOCK:

Just got this email:

Your own personal Great Run Event Photo Album is now available and has all the digital images we have of you running your Great Run and your Great Run Certificate. All the photos are also available as physical prints; click here to search for your Great Run Photo Album.

LIES!

Currently searching events. There are no photos for runner number .

Sorry your selection does not match an event or was not covered. Please Try again.

:(

Back
Top Bottom