Real Madrid Thread

No shame if this is true.
“The idea is that Real now look for another coach – that is what normally happens when Real Madrid do not win,” Balague said. “Real have spoken to Julen Lopetegui at Porto, to Jurgen Klopp, to Rafa Benitez and Jose Mourinho. They have already spoken to those four to see if they would be interested in coaching Real Madrid. They have spoken to Jose Mourinho – he said no to them, of course.”

Stability means what to them.. They should get a chimp to sit in the dugout and let them play coach less .

lol well said.

The truth is that the words stability and Real Madrid do not belong in the same sentence!

Real Madrid 4-1 Espanyol

Ronaldo 59 '(attendance: Benzema)
tumblr_noibdxCBMJ1uv45jao1_500.gif

tumblr_noibdxCBMJ1uv45jao2_500.gif

tumblr_noibdxCBMJ1uv45jao4_500.gif

Marcelo 79 '(attendance: Ronaldo)
tumblr_noicbaDkw31uv45jao1_500.gif

tumblr_noicbaDkw31uv45jao2_500.gif

Ronaldo 83 '
tumblr_noid6c4pbD1uv45jao1_500.gif

Ronaldo 90 '(attendance: James Rodriguez)
tumblr_noidqink541uv45jao1_500.gif

tumblr_noidqink541uv45jao3_500.gif

one word, Perez.

he changes everything like puppets.

That is why I personally never would want to manage RM if I was a coach, even though it is my favorite club: President decides who is bought and who is sold, yet when results are not as good as expected it is manager's fault.

That is why I personally never would want to manage RM if I was a coach, even though it is my favorite club: President decides who is bought and who is sold, yet when results are not as good as expected it is manager's fault.

same here, and the problem is he never learns, always the same story again and again. I understand how he loves the club, but he's doing it wrong (at least when we speak pure football), he's anti-team-building, all he thinks about is, make the "club" bigger and healthier, not the "team". he thinks the club makes the team stronger.
Some may find it weird, but Ramon Calderon era was a real period of a team building, and Madrid were in a path of ruling the Liga for years if not for that administrative scandal.
Even Mourinho set the base for a team in building, despite him being poor in tactical creativity and offensive solutions.

Personnally, I want either Perez out, or he stays but he never ever decides who to buy and who to sell or the starting 11.

to quote George Takei: Oh my!

and now what? yet another year of waiting for coach and players to get together as a team and yet another year without La Liga title?

Florentino is a cancer for Real. The guy is just as pretentious as he is stupid. Ancelotti was a good coach, he just needed a better signing philosophy and decent players in the bench who can play in the midfield.

What a really odd way to run a club it is to going to replace a coach as some sort of a punishment following a disappointing season. The same man who gave us La Décima.

So, Barcelona are winning it all, Perez axes Carlo, Benitez coming, Edurne doesn't get into top 20 at Eurovision... Well, dark days to be a Madrid fan it seems. :(

Florentino is a cancer for Real. The guy is just as pretentious as he is stupid. Ancelotti was a good coach, he just needed a better signing philosophy and decent players in the bench who can play in the midfield.

I agree, Perez sees RM as a company.
he is anti-football, anti-team-building, he buys players to sell T-shirts, even when they aren't really needed, I mean Bale and James are amazing, but RM don't need them, but it's Perez, he always wants the newest toy and throws what he had.

Ramon Calderon was a better "football" president than him, he was doing good and wasn't interfering with the coach, in his era we won 2 Liga titles, if not for his scandal we were in the road to dominate Spain.

just beat me to write that same.

I agree with you completely, and it must be telling you something as I rarely agree with Barca fans on topics about RM.

You're right.
I heard that he only won a league 3 times in 18 seasons, that is not very impressive.

I was very impressed with him at Chelsea, imo both him and Benitez did a better job there than Mourinho.

He did excellant at Chelsea I agree, that was just as bizarre as his Madrid sacking to be honest.

The league record is what holds him back, fantastic record for the European Cup though.

How is Rafa a very good choice? Sorry, not trying to sound like a prick or sounding like i want to pick a fight, but I really don't see how Rafa is a good coach? His Liverpool team was impressive in their cup runs, but to me, he's always a "Cup" manager and not a "league" manager. He doesn't have that consistency but can always surprise people during cup competitions. Well, I guess in La Liga where you can turn off in many matches during the league, this isn't that big of a problem...but can you please enlighten me in whats the good?

just see the way he organises his teams, he's a tactician, with lots of discipline, he's serious and professional.
he made Livepool a CL beast in his era, they were finalist twice and I lost count of semi finals, in the league he was just competing with MU and Chelsea at their peak.
look where is Liverpool now after him.
also with Valencia he won 2 leagues and 1 europa league.
with Chelsea he rectified all the damage done by Di Matteo and made Chelsea solid again.

The league record is what holds him back.

judging coaches on their silverware alone is never a wise idea. winning is extremely important of course, but some of the greatest coaches in the history of the game haven't really won many trophies in their carreer (think of Sacchi, just to mention the most impressive example).

besides i wouldn't even agree with your statement about ancelotti's domestic titles pedigree. he's won the league in 3 different countries. he's won every domestic league title he partecipated in, except in spain, where he remained for 2 seasons only though.
and whereas his titles in france and england were somewhat "expected of him" (being chelsea and psg clear favourites for the title), in italy he also managed to do something very few top class coach can boast about: winning a domestic title with a team which was NOT the favourite (milan 2004).

and speaking of merits few top class coaches can brag about, carletto also did a spectacular job, coaching low tier clubs such as reggiana, which he lead to a historical and unprecedented promotion to serie a (just to put things in perspective, reggiana making it to serie a is pretty much as impressive as barnet making it to the premier league!)

he also coached a mid class club such as parma, which he built up to be a title contender (2nd place in serie a in 1996....best result in parma's history.... and mind u, we're talking about 1996, when serie a was a pretty competitive league...)

carlo is the real deal: he's the record holder for champions league finals, he's won titles in 4 different countries, and (wich is something almost unique among title-winning coaches) he always has his teams playing beautiful football.

also, and that's something that really fascinates me, carletto never plays the same football. all the coaches obsessed with the aestetic aspect of football always have their team playing the same kind of football and try to import that brand of football wherever they go. that's not necessarily a bad thing... it's just something theese coaches have in common (zeman, bielsa, van gaal, spalletti, wenger): each one has his own "signature" and they try to apply it (with a few variations) to every club they work for.
Ancelotti instead has never played the same brand of football twice. the football his parma played was completely different from the football his milan played... and so it goes for chealsea, psg and real madrid. his versatility allows him to not have a signature at all and to adapt his football to the players at his disposal (finding the right formula for them, rather than trying to force on them his brand of football). infact the only thing his teams have in common is that they always play beautiful, entertaining, bold football.

to quote arrigo sacchi: "carlo ancelotti si living proof that u don't need to act like a guru or a diva to become a star, living proof that u don't have to act like a jerk in front of the cameras to gain your players' respect, that u can mantain a modest, low profile attitude and still display all the confidence and the charisma a coach needs to have a firm grip on his team. he's living proof that u can can win AND play nice football at the same time".

yep, big fan of carletto here :D
then again, we're talking about a man who turns small clubs into midclass clubs, midclass clubs into title contenders and title contenders into title winners.... he also does it in style.... and he never makes a fuss about it. honestly what's not to love about this guy. :))

Last edited:
I agree with lo zio. My only concern with Ancelotti has always been the disgusting way in which he chews gum all the time. Can't stand people who does that ;)

I agree with lo zio. My only concern with Ancelotti has always been the disgusting way in which he chews gum all the time. Can't stand people who does that ;)

LOL!
not to mention his unsettling left eyebrow! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom