Real Madrid Thread

I am a bit skeptic about what they are doing in Madrid. They are, like they did about 10 years ago, overfilling the team with offensive players, while defense isn't really looked at. And I wouldn't be surprised if everybody in team will remain happy when they stop getting all the minutes...I mean, after last season who can blame Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Modrić if they think they deserve their spot in the team. And than you have Isco, Illara, Jese, Benzema, Casemiro (or has he been loaned out?), Alonso, Khedira who all did their part when they were needed, and still two new guys in Kroos and James...it can't be happy place for everyone.

di maria and isco look likely to be sold, if the wanted prices come, which would be the best for all parties. on the other hand, if I'm not wrong khedira, benzema and marcelo are in the last year of their contracts as well.

I'd keep khedira and benzema as much needed backups and I don't think they'd make a problem on sharing the minutes and the other three would be quite profitable too if sold.

(ronaldo, james, bale - benzema, jese)
(kroos, alonso, modric - illarra, khedira)
(coentrao, pepe, ramos, carvajal - arbeloa, nacho, varane)
(navas - lopez)

this would be enough I think.

Last edited:
but when they're healthy, they can't bench any of that showcase trio all the time, esp in big games. and if benzema, cr, bale and james play all together it would be too unbalanced and the two midfielders behind would be exhausted. because none of benzema, cr or james has the huge workrate of di maria who kept the balance last season. and on the other hand benzema wasn't a true cf either. I can see james might be getting adapted to that role as well. why not? :)

but the season is a long process and things, injuries will likely happen (and the summer isn't even finished yet).

@bebo, I can't find any official source confirming that.

but when they're healthy, they can't bench any of that showcase trio all the time, esp in big games. and if benzema, cr, bale and james play all together it would be too unbalanced and the two midfielders behind would be exhausted. because none of benzema, cr or james has the huge workrate of di maria who kept the balance last season. and on the other hand benzema wasn't a true cf either. I can see james might be getting adapted to that role as well. why not? :)

but the season is a long process and things, injuries will likely happen (and the summer isn't even finished yet).

@bebo, I can't find any official source confirming that.

Ronaldo Bale and Benzema will start the big games, they might experiment with Bale as a CF possibly.

BtfFmbXIEAEbZi1.jpg:large

Are you implying only Colombians are buying the James shirts?
That is shocking to suggest this!!!! They are plenty Colombian-Americans buy his shirts online! :RANT: bastard!

Actually, according to Marca, most of the people buying t-shirts of James are Colombians or descendants of Colombians. There's a huge Colombian population in Spain, and like Ecuatorians and Chilean they are huge supporters of their national teams and everything related to their country of birth. I see them by the street day in day out wearing their national team shirts, even going to work.

Real has hit the jackpot with this signing in terms of marketing because Colombians are by far the biggest ethnic group of immigrants in Sapin and they suddenly got a legion of fans. It happened the same with the signing of Alexis by Barça, suddenly a lot of Chileans were fans of the team and bought his shirt. The only difference is that there are like 10 Colombians for each Chilean in Spain.

About the puzzle, I always thought the more the better. I wish all the teams had the same struggle to decide who plays who. It's only an indication of a large and packed with quality squad, and that's never wrong. I think any combination upfront for Real has the potential to be a winner one.

so...Benzema has signed a new deal, Navas has arrived in...and now we have one fantastic GK too much (Lopez, Casillas, Navas), and even bigger mess in offensive part of the team. I kinda expect Casillas, Di Maria, and maybe few others to leave the club, either on loans or permanently

I think Real has an incredible and very complete squad. Only Bayern and possibly Manchester City are up there in terms of number of assets and average quality.

I think they will be fine this year. I expect a lot of rotation this season, esp with Ronaldo's fitness issues. Carlo comes off as such a cool manager. I think he can keep the big personalities at the club happy as long as the team is winning. I think Bale will be the standout guy this year. The guy has followed Ronaldo's routine and hit the gym hard. Dude looks like an absolute monster. My first look at them will be tomorrow against Sevilla since I don't pay attention to preseason friendly games.

what is up with Lopez? I am not able to follow all the news as I am working for almost a whole day every day but he is not on squad list for Super Cup game. GKs are #1 Casillas, #13 Navas and #25 Pacheco. Still, Lopez is listed under #25 in squad list on RMs official site.

Lopez almost done as a Milan player. He didn't deserve this exit of the club, I think he played very well in difficult circumstances.

Diego was 1st choice by both managers. How is Casilla 2nd choice he's in a melt down. Has anyone seen Navas n Casilla in training ... Nava looks 100% intense while Casilla looks more like a GK coach.

both casillas and navas are short keepers. I'd have kept lopez and sent that lazy casillas away. but I couldn't do that of course. the guy even made mourinho resign eventually. he seems to have some shady supporting cast behind him. (not that it'd surprise me, I'm so used to that in turkish football)

Diego was 1st choice by both managers. How is Casilla 2nd choice he's in a melt down. Has anyone seen Navas n Casilla in training ... Nava looks 100% intense while Casilla looks more like a GK coach.

No offers to Casillas, is the reason...

CASILLAS SALARY ---> 9.000.000€ per season. (and lifetime contract until 2016-2017 made by Ramon Calderon) and cancellation clause 25.000.000€

LOPEZ SALARY ---> 4.000.000 per year.

Last edited:
Is this guy trying to stablish something coherent or just posting randomnly? I would have kept Diego Lopez as well, he's a different kind of goalkeeper than Casillas and Navas.

Back
Top Bottom