Post your fitness goals here, I can help you.

I'm gonna whip up some pasta with mayo and chicken in it for my dinners, any kind of chicken I should buy? Not sure whether to buy a full frozen chicken, or slices, or grilled ... or whatever other kinds there are?

I understand mayo is pretty bad for you, but I'll use low-fat mayo.

Just get regular boneless skinless chicken breasts in the meat department. Grill them and then chop them up in pieces, mix them up with your pasta...add some mayo and viola.

So how come regular food is so bad for you? Is it just that if you're trying to tone up or slim down it's crap or is it that it's crap - full stop?

Noooooo.. chicken kievs, chicken cooked in the oven with a sauce poured over like a red wine cook in sauce, spag bol, pasta with a stir in sauce, bacon, burgers (under the grill not from a take away) pizza, a roast dinner, beans/cheese on toast, scrambled egg on toast, pot noodles, boiled rice and veg (broccoli, sweetcorn, peas) curry. Most of the stuff from my other post

Last edited:
Noooooo.. chicken kievs, chicken cooked in the oven with a sauce poured over like a red wine cook in sauce, spag bol, pasta with a stir in sauce, bacon, burgers (under the grill not from a take away) pizza, a roast dinner, beans/cheese on toast, scrambled egg on toast, pot noodles, boiled rice and veg (broccoli, sweetcorn, peas) curry. Most of the stuff from my other post

Read my post where I listed type of foods and which one gives you what. Then go back to your diet and see what you're doing wrong.

Radiation in other words you're going to die really soon, I'll give you about a year going the way you are going, and by a year I mean january 2009. Don't say iluvnineties didn't warn you here.

I think I eat fairly well, I probably don't eat enough fruit/veg (don't like any veg...), but eat an apple or two a day and have fruit juice which kind of makes up for that.

I want some muscle, because at the moment I am too skinny, i'm not really really skinny like Peter Crouch though.
I went to the gym for a bit in the summer holidays with one of my mates, but they don't go to the gym any more, I don't want to go on my own and it would probably be too hard to arrange going there anyway around my schoolwork.

So, what's the best I could do at home to get a bit of muscle?

You need to eat plenty of good quality protein and also you need to eat good carbs to bulk up otherwise you wont really see any progress. I'm the same as you really, quite skinny, but now I've started eating a bit better and naturally filling out because I'm a bit older I'm starting to see big improvements.

And for at home, just buy some free weights and use them and do press ups and stuff.

Yeah I thought that would be the case, oh well. Bodybuilding is not really one of my priorities at this stage (body fat is though, i'd never be fat, i'd be embarrased to go out!).
In a couple of years when i'm at Uni I would be more able to control my diet/exercise, so i'll give it a go then.

Well it depends if you want to look like the guy in those videos above or just wanna look a bit better and feel better and be stronger etc. It's not hard to have like a big plate of brown rice with some chicken and veg for your tea, that's what I have a lot. And if you can eat scrambled egg on a few pieces of wholemeal toast for breakfast or a snack every day it will help you fill out without putting on flab.

Yeah i'd just want to look/feel a bit stronger, I think that guy in the videos looks really stupid to be honest (wouldn't say it to his face though!) with that much muscle, he's overdone it.

I don't like egg or veg, but I would eat chicken and rice :p. It's not that important to me that I would start eating food I don't like/sacrifice all my free time working out.

2005_04_24_English_Breakfast_300x298.JPG

Ahhhhhhhh yessssssss, get in my belly, anyone need any ideas for "cheat day"??? Please hit me up for suggestions.

When you are hungry it means your body is naturally burning calories which means weight loss. When you sleep your body needs fuel. That's why it's important to have a good dinner with lots of protein. Breakfast means to break the "fast" ..we all fast during night time, that's why breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you find yourself hungry late at night time, drink a full glass of ice cold water to kill your hunger. Everyone who wants to lose weight should avoid carbs late at night, as a matter of fact, cut carbs completely after 6 pm. Load up the carbs early in the day for energy and then as the day progresses cut them down completely.

For breakfast try having oatmeal which is rich in complex carbs and then have egg whites which are rich with protein. Egg whites are the best when it comes to protein.

So for beginners this is what I would do:

Breakfast - Bowl of oatmeal or grits with egg whites. 1 Glass of orange juice and a piece of any fuit.

Snack ( 1/2 hours after breakfast ), Protein Shake, apple.

Lunch: Chicken Breasts with brown or white rice or baked potato or sweet potato
Snack - Repeat as above

Dinner - Beef lean steak or ground beef with a big salad and 20oz of water

30 min before bed - have another protein shake.

This diet is well designed for beginners. It provides you with proteins, carbs, fats and so on.

Call yourself a guru? wheres the fat in your Diet?? People should follow this if you want to stay healthy and fit

1. Get plenty of sleep and deal with any non- food addictions. - If you're drinking a 12-pack a day, or chain-smoking, diet may help but is hardly your first priority.

2. Eliminate sugar and all caloric drinks. - Drink water, tea or coffee.

3. Eliminate gluten grains and wheat flour. - This rule and rule #2 pretty much eliminate anything that comes in a box.

4. Eliminate seed oils - grain and seed derived oils (cooking oils) - Eat or fry with with ghee, pastured butter, animal fats, or coconut oil.

5. 2 or 3 meals a day is best. No snacking. - You're not a herbivore. Whole foods prepared at home should be the rule. Low meal frequency is a powerful tool if you have weight to lose.

6. Whole foods from animals. Eat them for the protein, the micronutrients and the fuel. - Favor grass-fed ruminants like beef and lamb for your red meat. Eat fish a few times a week and pastured eggs if you like them. Eat offal for the vitamins and choline. Pastured butter is good source of K2.

7. Both animal fats and starchy plant organs are time-tested fuel sources for humans. - Animal fats are an excellent dietary fuel and come with lots of fat soluble vitamins. Plant storage organs like potatoes and sweet potatoes are nutrient laden and well tolerated by most people. Bananas and plantains are convenient starchy fruits.

8. Make sure you are Vitamin D replete. Get daily midday sun in season or consider supplementation if you never get outside.

9. Vegetables and fruits - Besides starchy plants for fuel and micronutrients, eat a variety of different colored plants of whatever you like and tolerate. Think hormesis. - Some is better than none, but neither big salads nor fruit to excess will save your life.

10. Get proper exercise - Both resistance and "aerobic" exercise have benefits, including mental. Think hormesis again - the recovery periods are where you get the benefit. Lift weights every day or run marathons for "fun", but not for your health.

11. You won't get too much fructose eating reasonable quantities of fruit, but don't make it your staple. - Bananas rich in starch and citrus fruits are preferred. Beware stone fruits like peaches and apricots if you have IBS.

12. If you are allergic to milk protein or concerned about theoretical risks of casein, you can stick to butter and avoid milk, cream and soft cheeses. - Aged cheeses 6 months and older may not have beta-casomorphin and are good sources of K2.

1. Get plenty of sleep and deal with any non- food addictions. - If you're drinking a 12-pack a day, or chain-smoking, diet may help but is hardly your first priority.
I'm screwed there, my sleeping pattern is fucked up and it'll get worse when I start working again next week

2. Eliminate sugar and all caloric drinks. - Drink water, tea or coffee.
If you hate the taste of water, tea and coffee then what the hell can you drink?

5. 2 or 3 meals a day is best. No snacking. - You're not a herbivore. Whole foods prepared at home should be the rule. Low meal frequency is a powerful tool if you have weight to lose.
That goes against everything that says you eat a little throughout the day to keep your stomach working. I eat big meals and snack as well and I'm skinny as anything

6 smaller meals a day is recommended to keep your metabolism going.
Obviously if it's 6 big dinners a day it isn't going to work...

I've upped my gym work lately (might have something to do with an upcoming holiday) & am starting to see results. It'd be much easier if I didn't have to work & could spend all day every day in the gym!

Yeah I love the gym nothing like some heavy weights to get the blood flowing! No offence but 6 meals a day has been proven to be bull shit. I fast for up to 24 hours sometimes great for fat loss, just have 1 massive meal after gym.

The usual shit, fizzy drinks or juice.

I had two weeks where I drank nothing but water and pretty much dehydrated myself because I didn't want to drink anything.

Not a big water drinker either (except during & after a workout), so I drink a lot of squash... and coffee.

My gut is huge and I usually only eat one meal a day.

Whats in that 1 meal? Matherto sounds like your addicted to sugar. Sugar is evil mate, you should have stuck to drinking water you would have got used to it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom