PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - Discussion Thread

What they should really just do is ditch the FIFA/PES 20xx series. The difference with other games is they got more than 12 months to do a game. Meanwhile FIFA and PES have to release a new game every year thus we have this recycling crap now. If they just make a proper game and go all out and release DLCs to update things, we won't have all this nostalgia shitstorm of oh the nets in 2011 are great, the gameplay in 06 was the best, bring back this feature, etc...

But this idea is not going to be as profitable when they can release a half assed new game ever year and rake in cash.

On the other hand, what the fuck do 2K Sports know about football or soccer since they are based in that part of the world :TTTH:

What does that have to do with it? :)
KONAMI is based in Japan and even they claim having an office in the UK, they can´t get keeper anymiations right for years. Let alone net physics or their ugly ass balls (this year it looks cool though).

If 2K would develop one, I´m sure they wouldn´t be so dumb NOT getting manpower on board that know about european/south american football.

And they have an office in UK as well :).

But yeah, they´d be new to this and it might take them a few releases to get a grip on.

Last edited:

What does that have to do with it? :)
KONAMI is based in Japan and even they claim having an office in the UK, they can´t get keeper anymiations right for years. Let alone net physics or their ugly ass balls (this year it looks cool though).

If 2K would develop one, I´m sure they wouldn´t be so dumb NOT getting manpower on board that know about european/south american football.

And they have an office in UK as well :).

But yeah, they´d be new to this and it might take them a few releases to get a grip on.

I wasn't being serious, i was making the point really people just won't give them time to get it right. Look at the hate we see FIFA & PES receive i can see 2K Sports giving up if they don't get the first two releases right.

They would need to hire people who worked on This is Football, Club Football, Football Kingdom and other football PS2 titles to get a base going, but the question is where are these guys now

I think we would all love a football game to arrive that had animations like that betting game video. Having said that, and like Klashman pointed out, trying to adapt that to a controller and the users freedom of movement when they want it would be hard.

In fact if a game came out that had those exact animations and graphics I can bet it would get a flood of "feels like im treading in mud" ... "poorly responsive to my controls" .. "WTF! its like controlling a tank!" .. and so on.

Fine line between slick animations, then trying to get the blending to work, the collisions to work and still give user freedom of movement as they want it. You can compare NBA but thats very close quarters and few men and area to cover, you can compare ice hockey but again you have the assistance of the way they stand and move which isnt as much as football in terms of freedom of movement, pace, collision variables, and so on.

It would take a whole new engine for any of this to come to reality and be responsive (to look and play like the betting game). Although I know Konami in Fox engine can do better with PES than they have so far.

but the question is where are these guys now

Buried with a bunch of Atari E.T cartridges ... or should I now say ... "in cold storage" :)

Last edited:

I think we would all love a football game to arrive that had animations like that betting game video. Having said that, and like Klashman pointed out, trying to adapt that to a controller and the users freedom of movement when they want it would be hard.

In fact if a game came out that had those exact animations and graphics I can bet it would get a flood of "feels like im treading in mud" ... "poorly responsive to my controls" .. "WTF! its like controlling a tank!" .. and so on.

Fine line between slick animations, then trying to get the blending to work, the collisions to work and still give user freedom of movement as they want it. You can compare NBA but thats very close quarters and few men and area to cover, you can compare ice hockey but again you have the assistance of the way they stand and move which isnt as much as football in terms of freedom of movement, pace, collision variables, and so on.

It would take a whole new engine for any of this to come to reality and be responsive (to look and play like the betting game). Although I know Konami in Fox engine can do better with PES than they have so far.

Buried with a bunch of Atari E.T cartridges ... or should I now say ... "in cold storage" :)

Exactly, good post,

the fox engine has the potential for this to happen. They need to focus only on maximizing the PS4/Xbone consoles because they are still working to a PS3 spec right now.

Or, people would rant and rave about how fantastic the game looks and plays, in the same way they do with games like The Show and NBA 2K...

I really don't understand all the angst. PES 2015 in motion is a terrific looking game, it's a step up from PES 2014 which was a big step up from PES 2013. Apparently Konami is slowly pushing the visuals in the right direction.

Maybe people on the internet just like to complain... maybe that's the only actual issue here.

Apparently Konami is slowly pushing the visuals in the right direction.

Its creeping but certainly isn't as awful as the internet would make it read .. no excuse with slacking on PC but we all know this.

Maybe people on the internet just like to complain... maybe that's the only actual issue here.

Every year of a new game like this is the same, same with fifa ... and funny enough the same on NBA2K official forums, better visuals but still people will slam gameplay and so on ... you can have it all and its never enough.

Its creeping...
But PES 2015 looks exceptional in motion, much better than a couple years ago. The one issue I understand people had a problem with, was that the visuals weren't hi-def on the PC like they were on the PS4. So I would say this series is doing more than just creeping,

Instead PES uses Havoc Physics Engine.
The funny thing is that they use Havoc for exactly two things: Linesmen flags and goal nets. This is easy to spot because the physics calculations go on even when the game is paused.

The funny thing is that they use Havoc for exactly two things: Linesmen flags and goal nets. This is easy to spot because the physics calculations go on even when the game is paused.

I remember in pes14 they use many havok files , like kits , corner flags , staff/coach/ ... but also I noticed a player with hair physics , check id 43982 (AROUCA a santos player) or Dante
some hkx files (hair_h.hkx ...)

It seems they made hair physics only for visible player in the trailer (bayern vs santos) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGfXQ73jHw

Last edited:

Yea, they even cut out the animated staff and coaches from PES 2015.
In PES 2014 these things were included.

Yea, they even cut out the animated staff and coaches from PES 2015.
In PES 2014 these things were included.

well, you just have to adapt to circumstances. ps4/xbone have pretty limited GPUs and therefore you have to cut/limit things (LOD, overall resolution) in order to maintain 60fps. so that's not really konami's fault.

but what deffly IS konami's fault is not releasing a high-end, max LOD, 4k resolution PC version. that would probably make too much sense and konami obviously likes to avoid things that make sense.

:SMUG:

well, you just have to adapt to circumstances. ps4/xbone have pretty limited GPUs and therefore you have to cut/limit things (LOD, overall resolution) in order to maintain 60fps. so that's not really konami's fault.

but what deffly IS konami's fault is not releasing a high-end, max LOD, 4k resolution PC version. that would probably make too much sense and konami obviously likes to avoid things that make sense.

Well, animated staff hasn't been cut from the next-gen version.

Apart from that, it's possible to play PES 2014 and 2015 in 4k. But why would anyone want to do that?

The "problem" is Xbox One and PS4 have those animated things.
They've cut it only for the PC version.

No steelbook for PC, confirms even further that PC version will probably be a crappy port and not it's own thing.

You do have a point here mate.
Back in the day, there was no Internet, and during the first era of the world wide web there were no forums. There was also ONE football game for consoles. So you either loved it or shut the fuck up. People played it anyways and since there was no choice and no way to raise your voice, you had to deal with it and ended up liking it. I bet my ass that if PES 5 or 6 came out this year (assuming there was no chance to have better technologies) people would still complain. Or... let's put it this way: If the Internet had been back then as advanced as it is now people would have complains about the game and said "this is not good, that isn't realistic, etc".

Internet gives voice to the muted. It gives the opportunity to say stuff. Whether it's right or not. People feel they have a shot at being payed attention to. So they nitpick big or little stuff to complain about, because... it's free.

No steelbook for PC, confirms even further that PC version will probably be a crappy port and not it's own thing.

Steelbook it's only for PS3 and PS4, Xbox don't gonna have it too.

Or, people would rant and rave about how fantastic the game looks and plays, in the same way they do with games like The Show and NBA 2K...

I really don't understand all the angst. PES 2015 in motion is a terrific looking game, it's a step up from PES 2014 which was a big step up from PES 2013. Apparently Konami is slowly pushing the visuals in the right direction.

The actual issue is the "sit back and accept it" attitude.

So you think people shouldn't be vocal about games like PES and Batman Arkham Knight on PC being substandard compared to their console counterpart? Well, I suppose If you're happy throwing money at Lazy developers then bigger fool you.

Last edited:

The actual issue is the "sit back and accept it" attitude.

Well, I suppose If you're happy throwing money at Lazy developers then bigger fool you.
You go ahead and pretend that complaining on an internet forum actually accomplishes something useful, lol.

I've been PC gaming for 30 years, if I don't like the demo or if the reviews aren't good, I just don't buy it and I move on. That's called being a discerning consumer. What I don't do is post on internet forums, crying like a child about the poor PC graphics, the lack of cutscenes, Konami not caring about the community, and everything else people constantly whine about around here. And that's called being an adult.

Last edited:

You do have a point here mate.
Back in the day, there was no Internet, and during the first era of the world wide web there were no forums. There was also ONE football game for consoles. So you either loved it or shut the fuck up. People played it anyways and since there was no choice and no way to raise your voice, you had to deal with it and ended up liking it. I bet my ass that if PES 5 or 6 came out this year (assuming there was no chance to have better technologies) people would still complain. Or... let's put it this way: If the Internet had been back then as advanced as it is now people would have complains about the game and said "this is not good, that isn't realistic, etc".

Internet gives voice to the muted. It gives the opportunity to say stuff. Whether it's right or not. People feel they have a shot at being payed attention to. So they nitpick big or little stuff to complain about, because... it's free.

Good point.

BUT: The difference is that, that time we just didn´t have that much possibilities to publish our opinions.
We were ranting and complaining that time as well, it just happened more in silence.

But yeah, true, we had to like it or leave it, as there were no patches coming out that could have adjusted a few issues.

But this is happening now and that´s why we just shouldn´t keep silent and try to express the issues.

Again true, other side of the medallion: too easy to rant, rant goes off about unimportant things, devs taking care about the wrong or unimportant issues (for example kiddies complain that their Ronaldos and Messis are underpowered, so they tweak them or make the game more arcadey etc.) and so on...

You go ahead and pretend that complaining on an internet forum actually accomplishes something useful, lol.

I've been PC gaming for 30 years, if I don't like the demo or if the reviews aren't good, I just don't buy it and I move on. That's called being a discerning consumer. What I don't do is post on internet forums, crying like a child about the poor PC graphics, the lack of cutscenes, Konami not caring about the community, and everything else people constantly whine about around here. And that's called being an adult.

yeah, you supercool adult.

i guess you just don't have any passion/love/enthusiasm about pes.

i've been playing pes/iss for 20 years now since i was a child with my super nintendo and i have so many great memories about this game.

when we we're kids we used to play football outside the whole day and when it got dark we fired up our super nintendo/playstation and played pes (with our childhood heroes on TV!!!) the whole night until our parents forced us to go to bed.

you are maybe a casual player who doesn't care much but others do. yes, i love this game and even if i don't like a lot of stuff about pes right now, i still love it. it's kinda like your fav football club, even if they sell all your heroes and play shitty, you still love/support your club.

so if you have a problem with people discussing the game's weaknesses and potential for improvement just stfu and delete your account.

giphy.gif

You can't be serious... Yes, we're the community and so we're the consumers. It's essential for a company to hear the voice of their costumers, if they don't do it, they'll lose them.

So you think complaining is not allowed!?

If you go to a barber and you want to cut your hair short and the barber cuts all your hair off, then you shouldn't complain, because it's childish???
That's exactly the same.

That's still our money! And it's just ridiculous that they don't make a PS4 port it's not hard for them to make it happen, they just prefer the consoles and that's not right.

So you think complaining is not allowed!?
No, I think complaining is childish, and the level of hysteric hyperbole on Evo Web resembles that of a kindergarten class. But that's the millennial generation for you, they LOVE to complain on the internet!
If you go to a barber and you want to cut your hair short and the barber cuts all your hair off, then you shouldn't complain, because it's childish??? That's exactly the same.
That's so not the same it's mind-numbing. So according to your analogy, you go to the same barber every year, get the same bad haircut, and then complain about it over and over and over again. That's not constructive, that's just stupidity.

Go to a barber and get a bad haircut. Then guess what? Don't go there again. I don't buy these games every year because I don't buy roster updates. I didn't buy PES 2009, 2010, 2012 or 2013. I didn't buy FIFA 09, 10, 11 or 14. Why? Because I knew by reading the reviews and playing the demos they were a waste of money.

And the last thing I would do is go on an internet forum to essentially announce to the world how stupid I was by getting sucked into buying yet another crap game, lol.

Last edited:

And the last thing I would do is go on an internet forum to essentially announce to the world how stupid I was by getting sucked into buying yet another crap game, lol.

And what are you doing? You log on to a gaming forum and complain about people who complain about video games...

But that's none of my business. :WHISTLE:

And I think PES 2015 was a good game, yes, but I don't understand downgraded graphics that's all.

This year, I'm waiting until I've seen the PC version of PES 2016 before I'll buy it.

Because I knew by reading the reviews and playing the demos they were a waste of money.

Reviews are never enough for me, because often it depends on the author´s point of view and what they expect, what they like or dislike.
That often differs from MY expectations.

For example, most people were fucked up by PES 2014. I was one of the few who actually liked playing it.
So many people loved PES 2015. I was one of the few who didn´t like it. (Reviews said "best ball physics", I so didn´t like them)
So many people say FIFA 15 was the worst FIFA ever.
To me it was one of the best.
Never relied on reviews not for games, movies etc.

Then again the problem with the demos.
All of us that are playing PES for years know that often the demo and the full release differ.
Best example in MY OPINION was with PES 2011.
I hated the demo. Totally disliked it, ranted over the net, kept playing PES 2010.
Then I played the full release at a friends house and I was thrilled.
It was nowhere the same as the demo and then it became the best PES I have ever played.

But each to their own.

This is a discussion forum and as long as no one gets personal to anybody, I like to exchange thoughts and opinions.

This is a discussion forum and as long as no one gets personal to anybody, I like to exchange thoughts and opinions.
I support adult discussion and conversation, sure. It's the childish diatribe ("PC graphics look like shit, on purpose!" "Konami doesn't care about the community!") that's a complete waste of everyone's time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom