PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

That is true.
The amount of things happening at the same time in ANY football game is VERY limited. The effects are very little (because they are not very needed in football games). The DOF is short.
So when you take all of this into account, it's nothing compared to games like COD, BF, GTA, AC, etc. I mean, they have a whole world going on, things happening at random, weather changing constantly, etc.

Football games should be a lot less CPU-demanding.

I can't believe how we still haven't got a game that starts in the afternoon and ends in night, with changing weather as well. Or how can we not have proper crowd standing up their seats if their teams are losing by a wide difference and going home before the match ends. Like in real time. While you play the match, people standing up and leaving.

I know these are all not very important to what football as a sport represents in itself. But these are little details that would be lovely to have, and one can't help but think that maybe, people working on football games just aren't as smart or as capable as those working on open-world games and such.

I completely agree with you - that all these details would be great - but I do not think it has to do with the developers' capabilities or intelligence, it likely has to do with limited resources, i.e. that they only have manpower/time/money to focus on the core of the game (and, as is obvious from this year's release, sometimes they don't even get that right).

I completely agree with you - that all these details would be great - but I do not think it has to do with the developers' capabilities or intelligence, it likely has to do with limited resources, i.e. that they only have manpower/time/money to focus on the core of the game (and, as is obvious from this year's release, sometimes they don't even get that right).

Remove retired players like Totti, Maxwell, de sanctis not required any kind of resource just use brain and follow football like they should do. Every years about that (retired players) is really a shame, we have to wait the first DLC to fix the game... maybe next year start one month before and release something of correct would be the best choice for all the users.

Superficiality of Konami, bah

Remove retired players like Totti, Maxwell, de sanctis not required any kind of resource just use brain and follow football like they should do. Every years about that (retired players) is really a shame, we have to wait the first DLC to fix the game... maybe next year start one month before and release something of correct would be the best choice for all the users.

Superficiality of Konami, bah
Or release a month later and take a longer time to work through errors. We are all so used to the game coming out in early September but I'm sure if we didn't get it until October 1st and it was a lot cleaner then we'd all be happier. I know they want to release early so that they can address the pre-FIFA launch crowd but it might end up working out better for them long term.

play coach versus com, coach mode doesn't reflect the AI choices/scripting, usually i test only one team for match (the COM) and set legend difficult, on top players the COM make too many mistake.
Also test it in league or cup mode not in exhibition

I tried two matches, both Argentina vs China on Professional. One coach vs com (Argentina 5-0, shots 15-2) and the other coach vs coach (tied 1-1 shots 5-5). So you suggest coach vs com in a league or tournament mode but on Legend difficulty? Ok, I'll try this tonight. Still, it seems strange.

Where the hell is exit button? I have to close the game with Alt+F4. Not much bothered but surprised since it was in old games.

By the way, I tried HBAO in PES 18 using Metal Gear Solid V's profile. While it removed the annoying black glow around the players in replay and in tunnel, it made the 3D grass worse and cause lighting artifact and color degradation.

I hope Nvidia specifically makes a HBAO profile for PES 18 that wont butcher the 3D grass.

Here are some screenshots of HBAO enabled PES 18:
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018_Screenshot_2017.09.26_-_01.58.20.22.jpg

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018_Screenshot_2017.09.26_-_02.00.52.28.jpg
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018_Screenshot_2017.09.26_-_01.57.49.67.jpg
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018_Screenshot_2017.09.26_-_01.58.57.53.jpg
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018_Screenshot_2017.09.26_-_02.00.57.44.jpg

that doesn't change my opinion about optimisation of this game. pc football game should not be more demanding than games like battlefield 4.

Agreed. The game should have been playable at low settings atleast.

Another problem is, the game doesnt support resolutions below 1280x720 anymore. Being able to play at 640x480 would prevent all performance issues with low end specs.

I tried two matches, both Argentina vs China on Professional. One coach vs com (Argentina 5-0, shots 15-2) and the other coach vs coach (tied 1-1 shots 5-5). So you suggest coach vs com in a league or tournament mode but on Legend difficulty? Ok, I'll try this tonight. Still, it seems strange.

with difficulty less then legend play vs Com in coach mode is useless , you always win (screenshoot explain that well , here was Top Player)
and don't put more than 15 min if not the result is like a tennis match in the most of the case

Last edited:
I don't understand how this game is so easy for some of you. I find it pretty hard sometimes (Top Player).

Professional isn't challenging enough, but Top Player gets though at times.

I don't understand how this game is so easy for some of you. I find it pretty hard sometimes (Top Player).

chuny i'm playing on top players and i like it (in ML) , now i'm speaking about coach mode that is broken imo, last year was better

Anyone noticed maintenance list in game today?
It states there is an issue with advanced defensive tactics and they are working on a fix to be released in the next update.

Anyone noticed maintenance list in game today?
It states there is an issue with advanced defensive tactics and they are working on a fix to be released in the next update.

yeah, in the game only the blue quarters of def adv instructions are showed during a match, the IA never turn on the red's (offensive)

Last edited:
Is there a way to put DSR (Nvidia) and having 2k resolution even for 1080p screen on PES 2018? I can do it for most of games but not for PES2018

Is there a way to put DSR (Nvidia) and having 2k resolution even for 1080p screen on PES 2018? I can do it for most of games but not for PES2018
What do you mean?

DSR works just fine on PES 18.

First set desktop resolution to max DSR res. Then open settings.exe and set the DSR resoltion from there and close it.

Now you vcan revert back to desktop res in desktop.

By the way, I tried HBAO in PES 18 using Metal Gear Solid V's profile. While it removed the annoying black glow around the players in replay and in tunnel, it made the 3D grass worse and cause lighting artifact and color degradation.

I hope Nvidia specifically makes a HBAO profile for PES 18 that wont butcher the 3D grass.

Here are some screenshots of HBAO enabled PES 18:

That looks interesting, could you explain how to activate this or share the files needed please?

Yeah I hear ya, I'm surprised your find Top Player tough, if you want a laugh, try it on Superstar. It's brutal.

Master League

Konami set them like passive, midfelders react more better.
In the next update from Konami fouls should be increased so i hope also in a better pressure from defense.
ATM seems that they stick all the defense repart to conservative behavior (totally useless IMO for the modern football)

Konami set them like passive, midfelders react more better.
In the next update from Konami fouls should be increased so i hope also in a better pressure from defense.
ATM seems that they stick all the defense repart to conservative behavior (totally useless IMO for the modern football)

Well to be blunt I feel the AI (not to mention player switching) completely ruins the game as it is now - it's more or less worthless, buggy and stupid.

Really sad - feels like Konami throws away a great chance to take the lead by releasing this kind of crap.

Well to be blunt I feel the AI (not to mention player switching) completely ruins the game as it is now - it's more or less worthless, buggy and stupid.

Really sad - feels like Konami throws away a great chance to take the lead by releasing this kind of crap.

Totally agree, so my answer is again an advice to KONAMI
really the efforts that they should do is not huge
just do that , test all the modes until the end in every aspect

I mean 360 degrees OVER ALL PLATFORMS from db (retired players regen , again Totti is here, SWOS in '97 was miles ahead,) , strips import ( i've more then 1300 image, any import of a single kit require at least a minute, please gimme a search tab) , silly stadiums limit for euro/south america (solved in 5 min you have just to change a byte)
and about tactics, really, try to put in your mind the idea of a WINGBACK, thought like a new position, stop to tweak an old tactics placement, Fullbacks and Sidemidfielders aren't Wingback
Cuz seeing the default tactics i don't think you know what is a wingback and over all i don't know who is the maker of all that but in the most of the case players are misplaced during the game.
Try to check who play during a season of ML on vanilla game, that's a shame.
Morgan (Leicester CB 77) never play a match on vanilla game (with Live update), cuz Iborra overlap him on OVR (80 DM but 84 CB), and also all the other CB overlap Morgan.
about RM/LM i think that the most of default tactics can't fit the real teams
Chelsea use Hazard (?????) on the left/right flank (again he overlap any LB/LM with his OVR)
Arsenal (should be partnership) on the left flank have A. Sanchez (same story about Hazard)...
The most of 3 defenders formation teams in the rosters have only Fullbacks that never plays on your default tactics as side midfielders
And this is just over the players roles.
Summarized in a phrase
PLEASE TEST

Last edited:
I tried playing the game in 4K tonight for the first time and the performance was awful, in both cutscenes and gameplay.
Couldn't believe it. I think I have specs to run this game all maxed out in 4K no problem.

I haven't tinkered about with the Nvidia Control Panel to see if it changed anything to be honest.
I do have certain doubts regarding G-Sync while playing at resolution that's not my monitor's native one.

Maybe if I disabled 144hz and other related options in the Nvidia Control Panel, I could run it as smooth as I think it should.

Will have a proper look at it tomorrow.

Just had a very physical CL game against the AI, where they seem to be fouling for fun. I lost but it was worth it just to see how aggressive the Ai can be on rare occasions.

Attachments

• IMG_20170926_194551.jpg
    IMG_20170926_194551.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom