PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I've done this on past versions and I felt the same result - because of the LOD, GPU use is generally very low during gameplay which makes the GPU downclock if you have a powerful system. I changed this setting and things just feel snappier and more responsive. It 100% made a difference on previous versions, but could be placebo this time. You can be the judge.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I went to the Nvidia configuration panel and into size and position desktop adjustement i have selected full screen for scale mode.
After that everything went smooth.
Great, that changed it for me. Now I have a smoothly running game! Thanks a lot!

yup, i have exactly the same problem

either L1 or stick is 100% accurate when it comes to switching players, not to mention the weird behavior of defense mixed up with collisions problems , favorable counters that are very random etc

overall its enjoyable tho, but without inputlag and those problems, it could have been so much more fun

Adding to this, is the feeling that the players reaction lag to the ball. Whenever the opponent passes or chase the ball, the player who just got 'switched to' seems to lag in response, and feels heavier/laggier when running. I also have the problem where every AI team (no matter which league or teams) seem to ALWAYS favor through-pass (especially overhead through pass) and their passing accuracy is extremely accurate, despite their lack of passing skills. This basically makes every match be the same, on top of the defenders being loose on the attackers and that for whatever reason, nobody on my team would be marking opponent outside of the penalty box so I will never always get the ball back after being punched by the goalkeeper.

I think a gameplay options and/or patch is definitely needed to beef up the AI (both COM and player).

I believe I have finally sorted my stuttering! I've tried this on 10 matches and not one stutter now and feels more responsive.

Nvidia Control Panel
Prefer Max Performance
Vsync - On

I then used CRU and setup a custom refresh rate @1920x1080 60.007hz
Launch the game with afterburner and RTSS running with a framelimit set to 60fps in RTSS.

Konami Settings
60 fps In Game
30 fps in replays and demos

In game Render settings
Medium quality setting

My potato rig -
X3450 (similar to an old i7 860)
12 GB DDR 3 1333
750 Ti 2 GB

Gonna have to tweak the medium setting as I can't hold 30 in replays and it stutters but in game is exquisitely smooth at a locked 60fps and I can finally start Myclub and Master League

Adding to this, is the feeling that the players reaction lag to the ball. Whenever the opponent passes or chase the ball, the player who just got 'switched to' seems to lag in response, and feels heavier/laggier when running. I also have the problem where every AI team (no matter which league or teams) seem to ALWAYS favor through-pass (especially overhead through pass) and their passing accuracy is extremely accurate, despite their lack of passing skills. This basically makes every match be the same, on top of the defenders being loose on the attackers and that for whatever reason, nobody on my team would be marking opponent outside of the penalty box so I will never always get the ball back after being punched by the goalkeeper.

I think a gameplay options and/or patch is definitely needed to beef up the AI (both COM and player).

Exactly ! In fact, I figured out that if you press R1 (Running) while changing, adds even more delay.

Where is the f* option to quit the match because of the lag?

They had it on the beta and now you have to "accept" the poor connection and play as a retarded in slow motion.

Just tried playing via Steam Link. Ran game from my rig in the room and then fired up steam link app on my 4K Samsung tv. Connected my keyboard and I played in the living room without missing a beat. Mac Pro in room using wired ethernet, so is tv so that helped a great deal I think. Just sharing my experience. :SMOKIN:

I hate to be the one to say it because it's probably just placebo, but does the game feel any different to anyone else after today's patch? I resumed my league (not master league) with Bolton and it feels a lot slower and slightly more controllable than it did yesterday. Probably all in my head....

I hate to be the one to say it because it's probably just placebo, but does the game feel any different to anyone else after today's patch?

Not sure if it is placebo or not, but it feels like headers from crosses have been nerfed. Before the patch, I would score about half of my goals this way, and it didn't matter whether it was a tank like Lukaku or some dwarfish midfielder. It brought back memories of FIFA 14. Thankfully, it seems to be gone now.

The Pitch Texture and the Anti Aliasing are horror in this Game. Looks so bad.
Have to Downsample from 4K or my Eyes are burning.

Hallo,

what the hell is going on with the headers?Is it my fault that i am doing something wrong or is it really unpossible to make powerfull headers?

Unitill now all headers have a max. speed of 2 km/h..... :(

Does anyone understand how to make the bloody AI defend properly?

I just played (another) deeply unsatisfying game where the CPU scores the winning goal on overtime. Watching on the replay how I have four defenders in and around the penalty area who just stand by and watch how the CPU-controlled lone forward strides into the penalty area, stands unmarked, and receives a cross ball and scores - all while I (in vain) tries to defend against the CPU on the flank.

I have no fun playing this game at all as there is no way (that I have found at least) to defend against the CPU, as you can only control one defender at a time and your other AI-controlled defenders more or less just stand around and watch. This coupled with the completely broken player-switching that makes you lose precious time every time you try to switch to the right defender.

I have tried different formations but always with the same result - the CPU scores at will and there's not a thing I can do about it. Perhaps it's the superstar level.

End of rant. But I truly hope these issues will be addressed by Konami in a future patch.

The Pitch Texture and the Anti Aliasing are horror in this Game. Looks so bad.
Have to Downsample from 4K or my Eyes are burning.

I haven't the game, but:

"did you set your pes2018.exe (adding it) through the nVidia Control pannel (or AMD control center if you have an ATI GPU) to force the use of higher values for anisotropic & antialiasing filters?"

The "idea" is quite the same. But i think My Club is less anoying because you can play the way you want. On FUT the gameplay obligates you to run and pass on high velocities, on My Club i feel that i can play slowly, passing and thinking abou the strategies, passing the ball trough the middle of the pitch, etc.
Can players stats be increased through training and playing matches?

Also, Can you buy Game points from a store with real money like in fifa?

Can players stats be increased through training and playing matches?
Also, Can you buy Game points from a store with real money like in fifa?

Yea , you can buy MyClub coins with Real Money and u can train players , they lvl up by playing matches and are gaining more stats .

Can someone tell me where to start the MyClub Tutorial ? I remember them saying if u complete the tutorial u are gonna get some kind of bonus but I cannot find where to start that tutorial .

I haven't the game, but:

"did you set your pes2018.exe (adding it) through the nVidia Control pannel (or AMD control center if you have an ATI GPU) to force the use of higher values for anisotropic & antialiasing filters?"

You have to use PES2018.exe to make the effects work in the Nvidia Settings and not the Settings.exe itself. Otherwise it makes absoluteley no sense ;)
Even if i do it, it looks ugly.

havent seen any patches yet, but is anyone aware of the ones comming out, thinking about getting this on PC this year, i guess i need to wait a few months until the community has provided us with a patch. Thoughts?

Just tried playing via Steam Link. Ran game from my rig in the room and then fired up steam link app on my 4K Samsung tv. Connected my keyboard and I played in the living room without missing a beat. Mac Pro in room using wired ethernet, so is tv so that helped a great deal I think. Just sharing my experience. :SMOKIN:
hmm what is steam link on your samsung? I might be buying a new one and this sounds interesting? What role does your mac play? can you patch the mac?

havent seen any patches yet, but is anyone aware of the ones comming out, thinking about getting this on PC this year, i guess i need to wait a few months until the community has provided us with a patch. Thoughts?

PS4 Option files can be used on PC now,and we already have cpk mods being released for use with DPFilelist generator.
Guess it will be couple of months for any full patch to be released.
Option files can update team names, import HD Kits, logos etc.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/wehk-option-file-for-pes2018-ps4-pc.77863/

hmm what is steam link on your samsung? I might be buying a new one and this sounds interesting? What role does your mac play? can you patch the mac?
The app is available on my Samsung smart tv. Name: Steam Link

My Mac (bootcamp) is where the games are installed. You start up your pc (in the room) as usual and open the app on your tv (living room for eg) and it will detect it on the same network. You attach a controller to your tv and play. Voila!

Back
Top Bottom