PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Damn, I´m a console guy, but I have an I7 latest generation and a 1050ti, wich I bought specifically for work... it´s getting kind of hard to avoid buying the pc version though... still resisting.

Thing is, I also have a PS4 and would be happy using it but I like patches that have classic players and on console you can't add real faces, something that's always done on PC. That's why this year I prefer the PC version.

This is the first pes in history that make me nervous about settings graphic settings to have good performance quality/ratio!(165fps 1440p)!!!!
Maybe also first pes in history that made me think about a gpu upgrade lol

For those who didnt see it, PES LEAGUE this week is going to be the "random mode". Its pretty funny and nice to play with players you generally dont play.

This is the first pes in history that make me nervous about settings graphic settings to have good performance quality/ratio!(165fps 1440p)!!!!
Maybe also first pes in history that made me think about a gpu upgrade lol

it's only because konami has released a direct port from PS4 instead to develope for PC the same identical game but creating it from zero for this platform

My specs are i5-660k, GTX 980, 16gb ram, I'm hooked up to my 4k tv, I've set refresh rate to 60 on the game settings and in the Nvidia control panel, no matter what render settings I use I'm getting stuttering, any suggestions? Thanks guys

Time to talk about what's good.

Off the ball positioning is better, especially in last third when on possession.

Defending works more like real life now, with two defenders always working together. You need to switch quickly, be attentive to everything the opponent does, runs etc.
Play with the offside (double tap d pad)
I like it a lot more than in previous pes.

I like the balance between Physical contact and strength on the ball, perfect. Mbappe is devastating at 69/89, messi is fantastic at 65/95. I used to improve their physical strength stat because they didn't know how to keep the ball without it. Now it's great.

The new indirect free kicks are great, finally we can make the players run forward aligned. Corner and direct free kick are better too the curve is more realistic, balls goes over the wall. Goalies have a harder time catching the first post corners and balls far away from them.
Penalties are better to.

Goalies are now tremendous and they leave their goal smartly. They need slight improvement from headers close to the goal line.

i've seen an update..should i apply w-out problem? ..i'll lost all the mods?
As far as I know, data updates aren't applied without you giving it the go-ahead (if I go to "live update" to receive transfers etc. there's a checkbox asking if you want to include certain data).

I did an experiment today! I installed PES 2014, PES 2015, PES 2016, PES 2017 and PES 2018. I played 2 matches on each, with the same teams, 10 minutes match, professional difficulty. After all, it was what I was supposed to be !! It's the same freaking game. There are minimal differences mostly in colors, menus but the gameplay, animations, mechanics, tactics, AI and everything are almost identically. It's shocking how they sell to us the same game for 5 years in a row.
Good job

Lol, its true. However I really don't mind it too much. I think it happens with most sports games, except every 5-7 years when something drastically changes. I would be fine with this, except that some of the flaws from 2014 are STILL in the game, and when something gets fixed, then another bug appears. In this years edition, it's like when all the alpha, beta tests nobody said "hey, thats a sh*tload of backheels..."

Hey everyone,

anybody know how the rank up/down works in PES League online?

U have different divisons, but i can´t find any info which rank u must have to rank up!

@PESBUL: It is true to some extent but, like @el niche said, it's pretty normal. The game engine is the same since PES 2014 so it's not surprising that the core has remained similar since (I mean, the way you do feints or most animations). Yet, it's unfair to say that nothing has changed.
@gabe.paul.logan also has a point: no sane person would say that the keepers we saw at the release of PES 2014 were as good as the ones we have now (which, for me, are even too strong), for example.

I struggle to play 4 ML games in a row, before I need to take a break, as every team you face plays the exact same way they all have the same space to find a cpu team mate with 1 touch passing , backheell flicks and chips over the top left wing right wing down the middle. Over and Over same attacks after attacks every team you face plays the same way. The only difference, the lesser rated don't score as many as the higher rated, but its still the same repetitive cpu play and it gets boring and I have to give it a rest. I can see now why they only allowed human v human testing of the game and not human v cpu.

Last edited:
Guys,
When i try to open the game it gives me an error saying downloaded file is broken and Live update cannot be applied. Please can any one help? Anyone els facing the same issue? Any solution? I cannot play any online matches.

Guys,
When i try to open the game it gives me an error saying downloaded file is broken and Live update cannot be applied. Please can any one help? Anyone els facing the same issue? Any solution? I cannot play any online matches.

Go into steam and verify file integrity in Your game library.

ML XP : I am really lost whith this game, some matches I fall in love, It feels great, smooth animations, great transitions, perfect pace... and others matches it feels like it was another game, the animations are super accelerated, the transitions feels broke, all the matches feels like accelerated... I really dont know what happens :(

Finally i see some fouls
ML Fiorentina - Juventus , Top Player , 15 min, Manual Pass adv shoot ( I'm Juventus first match of Serie A)
This derby was really tough (Buffon Man of the Match)

This is the one and only advisory warning - Anyone posting full Warez links is instantly banned.
I 100% support this... About f*ck!n' time you mods use the banhammer with some people if you ask me, there shouldn't have even been the need for a warning.

I mean, we complained for years that they wouldn't give us the full experience (no demo, no next-gen game... Also due to piracy, according to them) and as soon as the full experience is out we start talking about warez. It makes perfect sense, doesn't it? :LOL:

Finally i see some fouls
ML Fiorentina - Juventus , Top Player , 15 min, Manual Pass adv shoot ( I'm Juventus first match of Serie A)
This derby was really tough (Buffon Man of the Match)

Does it mean that konami has tuning gameplay? I hope so. BTW how is advisable shooting Master? Do you use same reshade mode too? Thanks bro.

I struggle to play 4 ML games in a row, before I need to take a break, as every team you face plays the exact same way they all have the same space to find a cpu team mate with 1 touch passing , backheell flicks and chips over the top left wing right wing down the middle. Over and Over same attacks after attacks every team you face plays the same way. The only difference, the lesser rated don't score as many as the higher rated, but its still the same repetitive cpu play and it gets boring and I have to give it a rest. I can see now why they only allowed human v human testing of the game and not human v cpu.

I see enough variation to keep me interested, there is difference between high rated teams and low rated teams. Could be much better, but it's not that bad. Not every single team plays the same, in fact you can recognize many of them play according to the instructionsand tactics they have. I noticed that pressing them like crazy makes AI go into hyper precision mode when they start making lots of precise and quick passes. This has been true since years with Pes.

Back
Top Bottom