PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

Nah. I've actually decided not to go to the Event in Buenos Aires which I had been invited to. Because I want to experience PES 2018 in all its glory, on September 12. Playing it from my couch, on my PC, with a beer. In silence. With no background noise.

So I'll have to keep reading you all and imagine things until then.
you got invited and you wont go!?

;)

Ah Curdstar I'm notorious for lobbed passes in Pes 2017 it's the high pressuring that's the problem I don't know whether they have that gen gen thingy on .. . I'm not having as many panic attacks when they rush at me now ha ha.. . . ..the scoreline doesn't bother too much either . ..I actually feel sorry for some guys if I'm dishing out a heavy beating.
oh boy Deco, we are console soccer brothers in mind! thats for sure!

Anyway, I feel sorry for some people after I see how they play online. I decided to quit FIFA online because people were so desperate to win that they would sell their mother, but I faced a couple of opponents that were exactly the same in this beta. And this is a beta, so it's not like huge wins get that much rewarded...

you got invited and you wont go!?

;)

Yeah...
I don't think they impact would be the same for me if I went to the event, play a couple of matches and then wait for the full game, as if I don't go to the event and wait for the full game to play it in the right environment, comfortable, concentrated, etc.

I find this game is super realistic when it comes to pressing. I tend to have geghen pressing off and then while I have the ball in my opponents half I turn it on. So if i lose possession his players are out of position and I swarm. Especially because a lot of people would rather try to play out of the press on the ground instead of hitting balls over the press. Once my front line pressure is breached I turn it off right away and my guys drop back. I find this super realistic.

Also realized my outside players will stay wide if I push them all the way wide in the tactic screen without having to waste the hug the touchline instruction which I am very happy with. It was something that didn't happen last year.

I noticed they really freed up the tactical stuff its not so rigid as it was last year which makes me very excited for ML

Also realized my outside players will stay wide if I push them all the way wide in the tactic screen without having to waste the hug the touchline instruction which I am very happy with. It was something that didn't happen last year.

I noticed they really freed up the tactical stuff its not so rigid as it was last year which makes me very excited for ML

Hi B-Man sorry this is totally off topic but I just asked a question in the PES2017 thread relating to this. Do you know how to keep CF's central while using the 'hug the touchline' tactic?

The yellow bar that fills up when they pass and shoot indicates manual. If not then it's assisted (I think green?). I feel like I have fish memory these days.

Lol. . . I never notice any bars. . .have to look for a green bar .. thanks.

Imo it does looks like PES 2014 and I thank God for that.Pes 2014 had a great potencial and needed more time to be finished This is a proper current gen football game. Animations and graphics are awsome! In highlights, things looks life like sometimes.

Hope Konami dont screw this up this year because of bad feedback. Those who want ultra responsive gameplay, go play Striker on Snes.

No, no... you are right. Green bar means assisted, yellow is manual.
Thought it was common knowledge.
I'm by far not a "know it all"... so don't get me wrong. :)

never know that, maybe cuz i've removed the power gauge

Just one. In my first match. And 2 free kicks in about 30 games.
I've only been fouled like 4 times in about 25 games. I've only had one direct FK which I scored with Neymar. It seemed rather easy to score that FK to be honest, but with a sample size of 1, I can't really tell.

One (risky) wee experiment I did in a match last night was to manually mark Greaseman with another player completely under my control. I already had Casemiro on marking assignment on him through the gameplan screen options, but thought I would try going all out and focus my without the ball game on him. It worked, which I thought was cool.

Not getting this critique of "spamming" secondary pressure as if it is a flaw. Football is a team sport and it is actually risky relying on the AI assisted secondary presser to follow the ball carrier as it can be notoriously easy to wrong foot them. You are technically doing more dmin the way of defending if you are doing two different things in defence. Completely logical considering the sport.

Hi B-Man sorry this is totally off topic but I just asked a question in the PES2017 thread relating to this. Do you know how to keep CF's central while using the 'hug the touchline' tactic?

No need to apologize buddy! That I do not know the answer too unfortunately. Seems like when you have hug the touchline on the CF if you play with on up top will gravitate over to the side the ball is on. I do not know a work around except for turning it off. So far I have not found the need to use hug the touchline and I hope I don't have to as I hate what it does. Remember in PS2 PES the "opposite side attack" strategy? All it did was keep the outside back and winger on the opposite side of the pitch wide and didn't mess with anything else. The hug the touchline fucks up the width of the whole team i hate that thats why i don't like to use it.

Guys, would you welcome 3vs3 but a true 3vs3 online match 6 players total. Instead of 22? I think that would be fun.

I hoped you held your nerve and tried a panenka .
dont tell me that was you too, were i got my first penalty!? :SHOCK:
i was so glad i scored. and when i remember correctly: i hammered the ball into the upper corner! :BOP: similar to your willian rocket!

but again, that was you!? man, you need to text me next time...! i need to get your online nick into my brain!!

Guys, would you welcome 3vs3 but a true 3vs3 online match 6 players total. Instead of 22? I think that would be fun.
Three outfield players per side on a massive football pitch? That would be crazy...

Five-a-side on a pitch half the size, maybe... But this isn't supposed to be FIFA Street...

I am getting some stupid, selfish idiots in 3vs3, literally fuys Lev16 or so who just want to play on their own. I like to pass a lot, create chances for others but it seems like I'm the only one interested in defending while others stay like Mexican Cartels hacked them
In pieces. Jesus Christ so fooking irritating. Then beat 2 players in a row, and before the match ends tney quit. Fucking online man. We should just have Evoweb League or something of that nature once real copy comes out. Playing these idiots is nerve racking.

dont tell me that was you too, were i got my first penalty!? :SHOCK:
i was so glad i scored. and when i remember correctly: i hammered the ball into the upper corner! :BOP: similar to your willian rocket!

but again, that was you!? man, you need to text me next time...! i need to get your online nick into my brain!!

No it wasn't me buddy . . relax haha

One (risky) wee experiment I did in a match last night was to manually mark Greaseman with another player completely under my control. I already had Casemiro on marking assignment on him through the gameplan screen options, but thought I would try going all out and focus my without the ball game on him. It worked, which I thought was cool.

Not getting this critique of "spamming" secondary pressure as if it is a flaw. Football is a team sport and it is actually risky relying on the AI assisted secondary presser to follow the ball carrier as it can be notoriously easy to wrong foot them. You are technically doing more dmin the way of defending if you are doing two different things in defence. Completely logical considering the sport.

There's this thing about players selecting a deep defender and just hold [] and double [] all game. They may not win every ball, but when they do this, you feel like they've just walked away to check their phone during that time lol. Doing this allows forward players to run 40 yards out of their position to pressure you, stamina don't get impacted much.

You can play past the press for some games, but you are active on the ball at least. The guy who presses is holding one button. And is doing so indiscriminately, basically just percentage football, hold one button until you benefit from one mistake.

That's why I prefer 10v10. Pressing is done by human players. You'll see all these kick and press players becoming completely useless in team play 10v10 games. Cannot just send a bad pass and ask someone else to mop up the mess. And the active ball winning is done by humans, you'll be surprised to see how many doesn't actually know how o stop someone when they have to square up 1v1 with an attacker. It's a pretty different experience.

Back
Top Bottom