PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

I thought I was Mr 0-0. . .think I'll hand the title to Vxcmplyx.

0 goals from me sounds about right, my scoring record is horrible every year.

@vclmpx what a nice game of footy you play sir. My first Evo web opponent and I thoroughly enjoyed it, wished the game time could be extended.

I immediately suspected it was a Evo man when the you didn't hammer the pressure button and took a measure approach to the game.

We must defo have an Evo web league up and running when the full game is out.

GGs with you too, zee! Nice to finally meet some of the evo heads. Everyone's on the beta lately :p

Yeah...the pressure. Tough playing past it especially as manual players, it's not always possible to ping pong 2 or 3 passes out of a press.

Also, we need stats that are tied to pressuring. I think we talked about this some last year? Shouldn't be expecting Ozil to cover a large area, compared to Sanchez who tracks full field.

Something like this would be good:

ioBhgT1.jpg

Having different activation zone sizes depending on stats maybe.

Outer ring is the activation zone for calling a player to do [] and X defending.

Inner ring is where [] and X defending stops working automatically.

I don't mind Sanchez being able to run all the way from 40 yards away, just by holding one button, and arrive at almost 0 distance to the ball. (<--- in homing missile fashion).

But then Ozil should have his own characteristics too. Fielding such a luxury player, you don't expect him to actually try and close down someone 40 yards away, it doesn't really make sense. Nor should his ball winning be so easy and automatic (thus, the inner ring is larger).

In any case, the final ball winning should be human controlled. The rings just mark where the automation begins and ends.

Last edited:
I don't understand why saved formations is still limited to three, this is unacceptable.

The PS2 games had more slots.

There's this thing about players selecting a deep defender and just hold [] and double [] all game. They may not win every ball, but when they do this, you feel like they've just walked away to check their phone during that time lol. Doing this allows forward players to run 40 yards out of their position to pressure you, stamina don't get impacted much.

You can play past the press for some games, but you are active on the ball at least. The guy who presses is holding one button. And is doing so indiscriminately, basically just percentage football, hold one button until you benefit from one mistake.

That's why I prefer 10v10. Pressing is done by human players. You'll see all these kick and press players becoming completely useless in team play 10v10 games. Cannot just send a bad pass and ask someone else to mop up the mess. And the active ball winning is done by humans, you'll be surprised to see how many doesn't actually know how o stop someone when they have to square up 1v1 with an attacker. It's a pretty different experience.

I guess it all comes down to different mindsets, with no one being right or wrong. For me, secondary press as essentially primary press while I mark up or sit ready to cut-out a pass is a completely valid tactic, as it is one utilised in the real sport.

As for stamina not impacting such a tactic, I wouldn't completely agree there either. For the last couple of nights I have been intentionally playing a defensive focused game, and believe me in the later stages stamina takes its toll, as some of my players are visibly knackered when I get the ball and look to build; strength and resistance take a hit, as does some off the ball movement. Admittedly, you don't feel it quite as much when defending, but stamina is a thing in this game, as it was in PES2017 in my opinion as when playing myClub if Hamsik or Lukaku were tiring towards in the last quarter or so of a match then I really felt it in their movements with or without the ball when my team was in possession.

All that said, it ain't perfect, and I would like to see stamina really take a bite out of forwards in particular in the latter stages. I say forwards as, for better or worse, it is the forward play that matters in these games, so really hammering forwards with stamina sap could change the flow of play for the better. Would maybe make people think a bit more.

Anyway, home and few games tonight again. I wonder what awaits in the wild west that is online football for this gunslinger. I might focus on another part of my game tonight.

Wee tip for those of a similar mindset: don't be scared to stick PA up if you want to practice shooting or even manual passing. Most players are using PA2 I think, but many 3. I bumped it up to two as that is a good practice setting. Might sound odd saying set to PA2 if looking to practice manual, but works for me as I can knock it about with the rest of them, but heavily litter my game with manual passes as always look to experiment or get a feel for range and alike. All these matches we are playing mean dick all in a competitive sense, so using my time wisely whenever I can. Logic there? Well, for example, my da wasn't thundering into me with barges and slide tackles when he was teaching me as a four year-old. I didn't become effectively a two-footed player by trial and error in competitive play when I was younger. That all took a lot of training myself in my own environment or others set-up for me. I genuinely like giving myself focused training with these games.

Loving it. The speed of the game and weight of players is spot on. Defending tactically is now possible too.

I hope Konami leave the pace alone and don't cave into those who are complaining they can no longer ping pong at a million miles an hour

guys is the beta off? im getting service is not available when i try to connect to game...

Loving it. The speed of the game and weight of players is spot on. Defending tactically is now possible too.

I hope Konami leave the pace alone and don't cave into those who are complaining they can no longer ping pong at a million miles an hour

Adam made a poll on twitter, with more than 4000 answers, 65% said pace was perfect. There's little more hope that this pace will be in demo and release, too.

It's like Pes 2017 at -1.

guys is the beta off? im getting service is not available when i try to connect to game...
Probably they are making some changes. They are switching server software to test some server load starting from tomorrow until the end of the beta.

I guess it all comes down to different mindsets, with no one being right or wrong. For me, secondary press as essentially primary press while I mark up or sit ready to cut-out a pass is a completely valid tactic, as it is one utilised in the real sport.

As for stamina not impacting such a tactic, I wouldn't completely agree there either. For the last couple of nights I have been intentionally playing a defensive focused game, and believe me in the later stages stamina takes its toll, as some of my players are visibly knackered when I get the ball and look to build; strength and resistance take a hit, as does some off the ball movement. Admittedly, you don't feel it quite as much when defending, but stamina is a thing in this game, as it was in PES2017 in my opinion as when playing myClub if Hamsik or Lukaku were tiring towards in the last quarter or so of a match then I really felt it in their movements with or without the ball when my team was in possession.

All that said, it ain't perfect, and I would like to see stamina really take a bite out of forwards in particular in the latter stages. I say forwards as, for better or worse, it is the forward play that matters in these games, so really hammering forwards with stamina sap could change the flow of play for the better. Would maybe make people think a bit more.

See my other post. I'm saying, not every player you decide to use [] press, should have the same effectiveness, or, better put, willingness to press for you.

This guy Ozil should not have the eagerness to move and close players down, even when he's 3 steps away.

As it currently stands, you can use any player to execute a COM press. The only real difference is speed.

Stamina doesn't effect it much. In later stages, the speed and willingness to press is the same as before. The only difference you can maybe feel, is on-the-ball.

There should be some individual willingness to close-down space. Otherwise, there would be no point in having a Mandzukic or Youseff Poulsen type player on your team.

Also, the actual ball winning (when the COM pressure arrives close to the ball) should be done manually. This should involve more than just holding a single button.

Close-down and track, sure, that's valid. But I have to say, using it as the primary ball winning tool is kinda poor taste. At least in active 1v1 defending a lot more goes into your inputs, than just holding a button until ball is won. Thus having those activation zones in that pic would make a difference. Just because a player can get close, doesn't mean they should have the equal ability to take the ball. Would really like to see more individual differences in this area. Tevez, Mandzukic, Sanchez, Poulsen, Costa etc. needs to stand out a lot more than the rest. Work rate, coverage, stamina, actual ball winning...not everyone can gegen press. Vietto got laughed in the face by Simeone for his lack of work rate up front.

No need to apologize buddy! That I do not know the answer too unfortunately. Seems like when you have hug the touchline on the CF if you play with on up top will gravitate over to the side the ball is on. I do not know a work around except for turning it off. So far I have not found the need to use hug the touchline and I hope I don't have to as I hate what it does. Remember in PS2 PES the "opposite side attack" strategy? All it did was keep the outside back and winger on the opposite side of the pitch wide and didn't mess with anything else. The hug the touchline fucks up the width of the whole team i hate that thats why i don't like to use it.

Thanks for that matey, I guess I will just turn it off then. Hopefully they make it work better in 2018.

Online coop is an absolute shit show :lol: people running after the ball like it's pre school and nobody really tries to create openings or smartly timed runs.

I started off manual but seemed to be the only guy playing it without assistance. Needless to say I was a liability with my backward passing when I didn't see an option ahead of me.

Connection was great though.

Just had my first two games. Against the same dude, probably due to my internet connection being shit. I quite enjoyed it. Hard to judge just yet. He quit the second match when I was 5-0 up, which was a shame, as it was a much closer match really, and he'd played quite well. I played with the default settings though, so not too exciting, but will try to go full manual tomorrow, see how that goes.

A good first impression so far - game is slower, shooting feels better, lots of nice animations and movements, lots of little things I can't put my finger on that I enjoyed. Corners and crosses a bit too effective still.

I got two penalties in the second match, on the talk of those.

@vxcmplx

Great suggestions about pressing. I am fine with pressing by holding one or two buttons but in the current state its to effective when you play with at least 4 defenders and 4 midfielders. Konami need to downgrade the effectiveness when someone just holding X or/and [] so players who know how to defend by positioning their player and waiting for the right moment to pressure would be awarded.

Online coop is an absolute shit show :lol: people running after the ball like it's pre school and nobody really tries to create openings or smartly timed runs.

I started off manual but seemed to be the only guy playing it without assistance. Needless to say I was a liability with my backward passing when I didn't see an option ahead of me.

Connection was great though.

We are playing 10v10 on 17 now if you want to jump in. Still a couple openings left

Just had my first two games. Against the same dude, probably due to my internet connection being shit. I quite enjoyed it. Hard to judge just yet. He quit the second match when I was 5-0 up, which was a shame, as it was a much closer match really, and he'd played quite well. I played with the default settings though, so not too exciting, but will try to go full manual tomorrow, see how that goes.

A good first impression so far - game is slower, shooting feels better, lots of nice animations and movements, lots of little things I can't put my finger on that I enjoyed. Corners and crosses a bit too effective still.

I got two penalties in the second match, on the talk of those.

I felt like that after the first few games I played but have playing more than 30 games I must say i don't seem nearly as effective as they were last year.

played 2 3v3 and found the connection to be poor so far, it doesn't feel responsive enough to be enjoyable in my opinion.

But I have to say, using it as the primary ball winning tool is kinda poor taste. At least in active 1v1 defending a lot more goes into your inputs, than just holding a button until ball is won.

I'm sorry but that is elitist bollocks of the highest order. "Poor taste"? Seriously, what are you talking about and who are you trying to impress with such narrow mindedness? I actually have no issue with you focusing on the defensive side of the game as you choose, but you aren't doing it more correctly, sportsmanly, or with a better taste than I.

You defend with a laser guided focus on winning the ball off the carrier using.... oooooh, INPUTS, while drawing diagrams and alike trying to illustrate your complaints with that or talking down another, utterly valid style trying to say it is in "poor taste". I am defending primarily focusing on unit positioning, plugging gaps, man marking, cutting out passes and yes, even changing over to the player nearest the ball carrier if I feel that is best.

Fuck! It's not as if I am winning the ball with ease high up the park, well away from my goal, using secondary press, and countering my way to comfortable 5-0 victories time after time. Like fuck I am. My style, currently, likely invites pressure and for the play to get nearer my goal when I am defending. I know for a fact that I have proved a tough not to crack against well equipped players as much as they cause me grief when I am attacking, because I am mixing it up and sometimes heavily pressuring the carrier, or simply keeping them busy while I look to re-position a player, mark an opposition player, or simply bring another man back. It is proving a disruptive tactic in a fair amount of matches I have played as I can slow the opposition down. It comes with its own, entirely "tasteful" risks, but I am finding it does unsettle some players and them seeing what looks almost like an invite to cross is sometimes exactly that. I'll take them crossing into Lacazette when I have Thiago Silva, Joao Miranda and perhaps another whom I have positioned where I want them, waiting for it. I have prepared for that, but will switch to the defender nearest the ball carrier if I feel that is the best thing. That is my decision to do that. Fucking actual real life teams choose to do that, on occasion. It all requires "inputs" as well you know, maybe even with the same frequency, just different ones, and takes its own skill. It is a style that you better believe is equal to yours in terms of "taste"

Y'see this is another one of these things that grind my gears in community discussion - the assumption some have that they are playing the game properly, or trying to, while everyone else, the vast majority, are just getting by using assisted controls and exploits to the point the elitists are willing to say it is in "poor taste" instead of just trying to fucking adapt their game, or simply concentrate on their own game. But they are too busy sipping a cocktail of delusions of grandeur and outright snobbiness.

It's the same with some (not all, and certainly not most in this community as far as I can tell) manual players who bleat on about "ping-pong" passing piss, completely ignorant to the fact they are trying to attain a level of ability in which they could do exactly that using manual controls. Okay, so they would be doing it themselves, but they still want to achieve the same fucking thing. They strive for what they allegedly hate. Without doubt, if they came across an assisted player and were able to display such skill they would get a nod of approval, more than likely. Thing is, it doesn't therefore make them right, or an assisted passer wrong.

It's all just choices, all over the controller and all over the pitch, and I say all that as someone who actually wants to play with manual passing by default, but I am making a choice and taking my own path to try get to a place that I feel comfortable as well as competitive in using it. I do actually want to enjoy the game as well though, and I am open-minded enough to try use the wealth of options available to me as once purchased it is my fucking game and I can do what I want with it.

I'm sorry but that is elitist bollocks of the highest order. "Poor taste"? Seriously, what are you talking about and who are you trying to impress with such narrow mindedness? I actually have no issue with you focusing on the defensive side of the game as you choose, but you aren't doing it more correctly, sportsmanly, or with a better taste than I.

Wow. Lol. I didn't even say it was you, I have no idea how you play, we never met. I'm just speaking from experience from playing with guys who use [] press blindly. You don't have to tell me how you play, the structure of your philosophy and all that, I'm not trying to examine your style in detail.

I do still think one button control scheme to win the ball is simply too flatten.

You defend with a laser guided focus on winning the ball off the carrier using.... oooooh, INPUTS, while drawing diagrams and alike trying to illustrate your complaints with that or talking down another, utterly valid style trying to say it is in "poor taste". I am defending primarily focusing on unit positioning, plugging gaps, man marking, cutting out passes and yes, even changing over to the player nearest the ball carrier if I feel that is best.

Now then this would be what we are discussing. The pic just illustrates how you need to switch over and do active defending, depending on which player it is that is executing the COM press. E.g. There should be some difference in Sanchez and Ozil. Is that something you don't agree with?

Otherwise, we can do this all day long with any player:

Fuck! It's not as if I am winning the ball with ease high up the park, well away from my goal, using secondary press, and countering my way to comfortable 5-0 victories time after time. Like fuck I am. My style, currently, likely invites pressure and for the play to get nearer my goal when I am defending. I know for a fact that I have proved a tough not to crack against well equipped players as much as they cause me grief when I am attacking, because I am mixing it up and sometimes heavily pressuring the carrier, or simply keeping them busy while I look to re-position a player, mark an opposition player, or simply bring another man back. It is proving a disruptive tactic in a fair amount of matches I have played as I can slow the opposition down. It comes with its own, entirely "tasteful" risks, but I am finding it does unsettle some players and them seeing what looks almost like an invite to cross is sometimes exactly that. I'll take them crossing into Lacazette when I have Thiago Silva, Joao Miranda and perhaps another whom I have positioned where I want them, waiting for it. I have prepared for that, but will switch to the defender nearest the ball carrier if I feel that is the best thing. That is my decision to do that. Fucking actual real life teams choose to do that, on occasion. It all requires "inputs" as well you know, maybe even with the same frequency, just different ones, and takes its own skill. It is a style that you better believe is equal to yours in terms of "taste"

Y'see this is another one of these things that grind my gears in community discussion - the assumption some have that they are playing the game properly, or trying to, while everyone else, the vast majority, are just getting by using assisted controls and exploits to the point the elitists are willing to say it is in "poor taste" instead of just trying to fucking adapt their game, or simply concentrate on their own game. But they are too busy sipping a cocktail of delusions of grandeur and outright snobbiness.

It's the same with some (not all, and certainly not most in this community as far as I can tell) manual players who bleat on about "ping-pong" passing piss, completely ignorant to the fact they are trying to attain a level of ability in which they could do exactly that using manual controls. Okay, so they would be doing it themselves, but they still want to achieve the same fucking thing. They strive for what they allegedly hate. Without doubt, if they came across an assisted player and were able to display such skill they would get a nod of approval, more than likely. Thing is, it doesn't therefore make them right, or an assisted passer wrong.

It's all just choices, all over the controller and all over the pitch, and I say all that as someone who actually wants to play with manual passing by default, but I am making a choice and taking my own path to try get to a place that I feel comfortable as well as competitive in using it. I do actually want to enjoy the game as well though, and I am open-minded enough to try use the wealth of options available to me as once purchased it is my fucking game and I can do what I want with it.

I actually think the way Curdstar does it is the more realistic and "knowledgeable". For me not being able to doing this in the PS2 era was one of the most arcade and unrealistic things of the game. Defending is collective effort that most of the times is not about winning the ball back as if it were a school ball game but to reduce spaces, eliminate possible passing lanes and driving your opponent to a zone you want him to lose the ball... and that is achievable by you controlling the player who is not pressing as defensive IA is not yet there and PES, fortunately, hasn't taken the other game route of automated machines. Defending is one of the things I enjoy the most and this PES gives you freedom to do it accurately (Although it does lack some defending animations. I'm talking about a Ferdy video that I saw a couple of days ago)

About manual passing I gotta say that it is FUN, but as a simulation I don't like nor enjoy it. That's why I always go back to PA 1, which I've always felt more balance between human skill and player skill.

And, by the way, I think that is a little snobbish to say that playing passing game, slow build up, and stuff is the right way to play and players who dribble, press, run, etc are doing wrong. Football is a very varied sport in terms of style and I think PES allows human players to adapt whichever approach they want. I, for instance, have always like to play passing game as I'm colombian but like to adapt to the team I choose and play their way, specially when I play with my beloved classic teams.

PES has to get footy fundamentals right - I think this is the game that resembles more closely this - and create playing mechanics that are challenging, practical, and fulfilling while allowing the human player to choose whatever style they want.

PS: I think that it really needs a boost in stamina impact. Not as much as the other game when you have top players tired and useless in a 90 min match without having donde anything weird. But it needs to take a step forward from PES 2017.

PS2: I do think that PES needs more stats to reflect accurately different parts of the game that we can now replicate. And bring back some of those that were removed (Yes, pass speed, I miss you). There should be physique stats that differentiate between aerobic and anaerobic resistance, for example. Or flexibility. You can't replicate Xavi without the former and Iniesta or Zidane without the latter. I understand that every stat they introduce adds a layer of complexity to the programming but now that they have finally achieved this great base (A work that I see started with that underrated game that was PES 2014) they could start adding those layers.

Last edited:
I do still think one button control scheme to win the ball is simply too flatten.

Now then this would be what we are discussing. The pic just illustrates how you need to switch over and do active defending, depending on which player it is that is executing the COM press. E.g. There should be some difference in Sanchez and Ozil. Is that something you don't agree with?

Otherwise, we can do this all day long with any player:

I don't think more than one button would automatically make it better; it certainly wouldn't equate to greater realism. Could easily just end up with a feature creep situation, like EA, and that is the last thing I want in PES. Honestly, Tactical Defending is the biggest load of shite ever implemented into football games... ever. Load of wank.

I've absolutely no objection to a simple jockey mechanic to compliment that which already exists, but finger dances over the controller should be kept to an absolute minimum. That really would be completely and utterly unrealistic. I want to control videogame representations of human sportsmen, not human shaped tanks. Tactical Defending or any other over-thought and overcooked bobbins in no way, at all, represents the simple art of defending in a 1 v. 1 situation in real life. It is "videogame-y" more than ping-pong passing.

I don't necessarily disagree with that which you illustrate, but you are aware that you are, in a way, asking for further "scripting" I know that isn't how you would want it, but it would demand exactly that; a "script" the game reads from that dictates how pressing functions, from player to player. It all sounds nice in theory, all stats/playerID driven, but it comes with its own potential issues.

Anyway, there was more I wanted to say about defensive mechanics (have my own ideas) but it is 1am here and I have a long likely PES-less day/night ahead of me tomorrow. I'll try come back to this tomorrow.

I actually think the way Curdstar does it is the more realistic and "knowledgeable". For me not being able to doing this in the PS2 era was one of the most arcade and unrealistic things of the game. Defending is collective effort that most of the times is not about winning the ball back as if it were a school ball game but to reduce spaces, eliminate possible passing lanes and driving your opponent to a zone you want him to lose the ball... and that is achievable by you controlling the player who is not pressing as defensive IA is not yet there and PES, fortunately, hasn't taken the other game route of automated machines. Defending is one of the things I enjoy the most and this PES gives you freedom to do it accurately (Although it does lack some defending animations. I'm talking about a Ferdy video that I saw a couple of days ago)

I actually do lane watching, but just without the additional [] pressure. If I need someone to close down, I just switch over and move him.

I mean, I agree [] and X should do some amount of "tracking". But none of the "ball winning" (unless you are Gattuso, then in that pic, you can go to 0 distance of the ball by simply holding [] button etc.)

It's the amount and spacing distance of tracking (...and perhaps the ability in ball winning, though they may have this already in the beta) that I want to see stand out more.

@curdstar what are some potential scripting issues that would come from this?

Yeah, they are definitely doing something as of now. I got connected to a game in under 10 seconds there, and it was a bit different feeling once the game kicked off but not looking too much into that. My opponent disconnected around the 70min mark with a message on screen saying they had, like when it tells you man-marking has been switched off for a player, and I was briefly playing against AI before it took me out the game too. This was a 1v1 Quick Match.

agree. if you turn back to 17 you will notice

Regarding the defending side of the game I agree with VCLMPX (dude you need a new username :) )

I understand that in its current state it is a little over simplified and players can pressure non stop for 90mins without any fatigue involved which is just wrong. Barcelona, Liverpool, Dortmund Real Madrid, no team on earth can't do it for more than 20mins without taking a breather, nevermind a full 90

Also every player should not be able to defend like Verratti it must be related to the following stats
- aggression
- Stamina
- defensive prowess and
- box to box card

Having Ozil or Di Maria playing as defensive midfielders who are going to hassle you all game is not realistic and far too easy to pull off on PES

On curdstars point adding more buttons or inputs is going to hamper the enjoyment. I know exactly what he means about Fifas over complicated system. It's a mess and makes the games defensive game look wrong when in fact it might be pretty good just hidden under over complicated mechanics.

I imagine the only solution would be to only allow secondary press with the players that have the above trait or balance of stats that allow them to pull back and defend. In this way Ozil will not defend regardless of what buttons you press because it is not in his character to do so (I can imagine how this is realistic already) ... Now this opens an interesting thought. If you remember the old pes arrow system that you setup to dictate which way the players will cover the pitch, people hate that this was removed. I personally think it's the right thing. If you want overlapping fullbacks play with a team that have them or in the case of Master league buy the right players. If you now start messing with player traits and stopping them from defending because it's not in their nature, imagine the consequence from the fans who are already divided about the lack of arrows.

Personally I feel gegenpress and tiki taki must not be a universal ability. It can't work for every team because you don't have the players to pull it off.

Similar to trying to force Barcelona to play target man football. None of their strikers have the ability. Should the game allow it there must be consequence to it, which for target man might be right but I feel gegenpress and a few other game styles need to be revisited. You can't have a universal system that works regardless or the teams you use.

The thing that ruined FIFA's defensive system irretrievably was the community's obsession with pressing, which led to a well-intentioned but ultimately misguided solution - secondary pressing was replaced by a secondary contain which doesn't actually attempt to win the ball. By only ever having one player on a team at a time capable of even challenging for the ball, the entire defensive aspect of the game, a team game, is lobotomised in the attempt to create something more 'realistic'.

PES still isn't in a position where the defensive control can properly represent manual defending, as Northzzz has been detailing previously. It's still too clumsy and not pinpoint enough in terms of controlling your defender's positioning, the size of your strides, and thus your timing. Hopefully Konami are working at getting there in the next few years.

I agree that there should be something in terms of defensive work rate to represent a 'pressing speed', something which increases to max if there aren't defenders covering the ball further back (Ozil should still leg it if the opponent is through on goal and he's the furthest man back). It needn't be a drastic difference but it would definitely help show comparative lethargy when you pack your team with skilful but selfish individuals a la myClub. As it is you definitely feel a difference between Kante and Lacazette, the former being all over the pitch and a ruthless ball winner. It's just about enhancing that.

It's essential that Konami look at how to make pressing more balanced, though, rather than eliminating it entirely. Bring in far more fouls for barging, keep working on the shielding, increase the clumsiness of pressing so it's easier to dodge (especially for poor defenders), look at improving the dribbling toolset so you can almost manually knock the ball into space as a pressed rushes in. But don't get rid of secondary pressing as a means of tackling the ball. Pressing needs to carry some threat to the attacker to be at all useful, and you as a player need to be able to snuff out at least two threats at once. Even if it's too effective at winning the ball right now, it's still far better than it was in 2017 owing to the pace, and it actually does an excellent job of letting you combine 2nd pressing with manually closing passing lanes to turn attacking threats into dead ends.

As far away as it may feel to some users from a great balance, it's actually surprisingly close.

I think I've had it 3vs3 for now. I'm not saying I am great at this game or even good but this 3vs3 literally wants me to take a canister of gasoline and burn my fucking tv and ps4 to ashes. Fucking cunts who don't want to pass or don't know how to pass the ball. Have no clue about defending nor try to defend. Can't score a single fucking goal and all playing the hero ball trying to score scramers from 30m. Are these people really this retarded OH MY FUCKING GOD what the fuck am I witnessing. My eyes are bleeding here.

Sorry for the F bombs but I had to vent to you guys.

2 questions:

I am in the States, am i being paired with players from different continents or only or just north america/canada/south america ? I got the beta with my US PSN.

My last question is I am now having really hard calibrating colors. My TV is Samsung Plasma HDTV that is few yrs old but still produces great picture with no burn in image at all. The picture mode I have is Dynamic, Normal and Movie. I tried all 3, tried messing with picture settings, and still the grass is way too damn green, the colors are over saturated and it looks and feels like my sharpness is at 100% which is not. It just looks to sharp, too crisp, too colorful. How on earth do I fix this???

Im sorry for some of the spelling mistakes as 99% of the time I spend on Here is with my smart phone and type way too fast.

I think I've had it 3vs3 for now. I'm not saying I am great at this game or even good but this 3vs3 literally wants me to take a canister of gasoline and burn my fucking tv and ps4 to ashes. Fucking cunts who don't want to pass or don't know how to pass the ball. Have no clue about defending nor try to defend. Can't score a single fucking goal and all playing the hero ball trying to score scramers from 30m. Are these people really this retarded OH MY FUCKING GOD what the fuck am I witnessing. My eyes are bleeding here.

Sorry for the F bombs but I had to vent to you guys.

2 questions:

I am in the States, am i being paired with players from different continents or only or just north america/canada/south america ? I got the beta with my US PSN.

My last question is I am now having really hard calibrating colors. My TV is Samsung Plasma HDTV that is few yrs old but still produces great picture with no burn in image at all. The picture mode I have is Dynamic, Normal and Movie. I tried all 3, tried messing with picture settings, and still the grass is way too damn green, the colors are over saturated and it looks and feels like my sharpness is at 100% which is not. It just looks to sharp, too crisp, too colorful. How on earth do I fix this???

Im sorry for some of the spelling mistakes as 99% of the time I spend on Here is with my smart phone and type way too fast.
Lol I understand your pain. On 3v3 I always wonder if I am the only sane person playing or the only lunatic here who is too crazy to see how retarded he is.

Regarding your TV I also have an old Samsung plasma PS51something or other. It's a great TV still and tbh I don't have the money or the need to upgrade yet. Which TV exactly do you have. If you Google best picture settings with the model number you come up with pretty good info. I deleted the link for my setup.

Yeah, they are definitely doing something as of now. I got connected to a game in under 10 seconds there, and it was a bit different feeling once the game kicked off but not looking too much into that. My opponent disconnected around the 70min mark with a message on screen saying they had, like when it tells you man-marking has been switched off for a player, and I was briefly playing against AI before it took me out the game too. This was a 1v1 Quick Match.

Lol I understand your pain. On 3v3 I always wonder if I am the only sane person playing or the only lunatic here who is too crazy to see how retarded he is.

Regarding your TV I also have an old Samsung plasma PS51something or other. It's a great TV still and tbh I don't have the money or the need to upgrade yet. Which TV exactly do you have. If you Google best picture settings with the model number you come up with pretty good info. I deleted the link for my setup.

I dont know for sure which model as the tv is mounted to the wall, taking it off the mount is pain in the balls bro but I'll have to look into it. I honestly don't need another TV as much life I can get out of this one. Bluerays, My PC with nVidia hooked with HDMI pictures look stunning. Based on my heavy research it seems like LCDs are the best for gaming and Plasma for everything else. Maybe this is how the new PES 2018 is but I'll try to take a video and show it to you guys. Its 3:34am eastern US time, I slammed two monster energy drinks today helluva busy day so I cant sleep for shit. Playing some KICK OFF REVIVAL to forget about these online cunts for a little bit.

I`ve read many opinions in many forums, seems that people is judging a final demo and, it's a beta. So, my experience after 30-40 matches (coop most of them ) 90% very good connections and runs like a charm. Never, never had any experience like that (I`m ML fan for years and didn`t touch online so much), yes, some errors here and there, mistakes... but overall sensations, experiece and emotion are incredible for me. Sorry for my poor English maybe can't express cleary my idea but this year I thing we have gold in ours hands.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom