PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

YhSmBRR.gif

Oh my God, everything looks horrible in that gif (to me at least). I don't like the way Özil somehow "catches" the ball, that's just too mechanical for me.
And the way Koke (is it really him?) moves towards Özil is horrific :CONFUSE: : left, right, left, right...100% skating.

this is the biggest problem in pes for years.... mechanical movements (horrible during gameplay like n°4) and ice skating (visible in replays when shooting/passing - one foot is sliding)
I hope they fix that.

Last edited:
Once again, too much negativism on the basis of too litle information...it's too early to conclude things now...

I must have rewatched that video in 1080p 60fps about 20 times now and it's a waste of time.

I see no cause for concern or blades of glory skating or any other bull. In fact playing my free NBA 2K16 (Sony you rock) there is tons of little niggles that don't detract from the experience.

Sorry for the people who find it a complete turn off. One day there may be a sports game that of offers this seamlessness people are expecting.

I find it strange that people are so hung up on licenses (especially with the option file sharing news), and to a lesser extent, the skating too.

I see it, and I see why it might ruin immersion when you notice it, but - maybe it's just me - when I'm playing the game, I don't see things like that, I don't have cognition time to observe it.

If it feels right, and like the player should have been able to move between defenders like he has, or knock the ball ahead that perfectly, or whatever it might be, then I'm not looking for any fault.

If it feels WRONG, and I can't move my player because he's locked into a stumbling animation, or simply because the game has nailed his feet to the floor, it's THEN I'm actively looking for what's wrong (and PES 2016 has tons of this stuff, which is why I truly hate it).

I hope that GamesRadar preview is how I feel about 2017 - can't wait to try it.

I find it strange that people are so hung up on licenses (especially with the option file sharing news), and to a lesser extent, the skating too.

I see it, and I see why it might ruin immersion when you notice it, but - maybe it's just me - when I'm playing the game, I don't see things like that, I don't have cognition time to observe it.

If it feels right, and like the player should have been able to move between defenders like he has, or knock the ball ahead that perfectly, or whatever it might be, then I'm not looking for any fault.

If it feels WRONG, and I can't move my player because he's locked into a stumbling animation, or simply because the game has nailed his feet to the floor, it's THEN I'm actively looking for what's wrong (and PES 2016 has tons of this stuff, which is why I truly hate it).

Agree 100% with the skating comment. Play it first at least.

Also agree with what Chris writes about the skating.
Don't agree with him on the licenses.

Whatever you think about the importance of licenses for yourself (for me it wasn't important, but now it is), it IS important because there will always be people who will stop buying PES titles because of that...that will means that the development team will have less money (and people) and that will mean a decline...

So licenses are important, that is why imo Konami should go after other licenses to compensate for the loss...

Although Ive been dissing the animations and how that's put me off pes2016 I agree that these things can be overlooked if it plays right, which unfortunately pes2016 doesn't. A good example for me is we9le (pc and ps2). I can look past the fact there is only 8 way direction and plays look kinda robotic, but it still plays smoothly, and importantly, gameplay is immense. It is nice to see in we9le, that sprinting looks like sprinting and the feet actually move fast with small steps, and with no skating..

Ideally though, instead of the skating, konami programming need to fill those gaps with fast footwork, ie. quick steps to get from point a to b quickly rather than the cheat of skating. Im just pissed that we had this quick feet stuff going on in pes14, and its gotten worse in pes16 etc. Hopefully it is a transition thing where these things will be added to/enhanced. Anyways, youre right in that if it felt good/right, and played like real football, things like this could be overlooked.

About "OF sharing/No licence problem", let's wait a little bit about the slots limitation before made a statement...
At least for us. But for the sales, it's obvious that it's really important, and without sales no money to create better games in the future.

Licences are still important, for stadium at least. Not a single Liga stadium in PES 2014-15-16
And please don't mention PC patches version.

Last edited:

my biggest thing i hate about today's PES it directly impacts game-play.
if i get locked out of controlling my player, then that's not good game-play.

If this skating is anything like 2016, the problem is it allows the CPU AI to to cheat. It allows to quickly skip a certain animation that it has to do to come out of sticky situations. For example, cuts it short and jumps into another to dribble past 2-3 of your defenders leaving you baffled, or magically allows for kicking the ball from further away to beat you to it, and many more. These has happened a lot to me in 2016 and it left a lot of bitterness.

Agree 100% with Chris. I don't have time to be irritated by something like that it unless it happens far too continuously to overlook..
my biggest thing i hate about today's PES it directly impacts game-play.
if i get locked out of controlling my player, then that's not good game-play.
when exactly is this happening? I remember the horrendous stumble animation from PES gone by but not on PES 2016. Now and then player switching on defence causes a problem ad well. Another pet hate is when my player runs into his own team mate which happens under very specific game tactics that to me is a game breaker not 1,2m.s animation issues.

I actually think PES 2016 was very smooth and responsive on the field, well at least offline. My problem was that when the player suddenly stops every time I cut the ball, that sudden stutter is annoying. I just hope the shooting gets slower and less accurate, the passing as they now say more precise, as well as let the game be more aggressive.

If this skating is anything like 2016, the problem is it allows the CPU AI to to cheat. It allows to quickly skip a certain animation that it has to do to come out of sticky situations. For example, cuts it short and jumps into another to dribble past 2-3 of your defenders leaving you baffled, or magically allows for kicking the ball from further away to beat you to it, and many more. These has happened a lot to me in 2016 and it left a lot of bitterness.

Didn't realise it was because of skating. . just thought they got a sudden turbo boost.

Didn't realise it was because of skating. . just thought they got a sudden turbo boost.

Happens to me a lot and it's annoying as hell. The CPU AI would be 3 meters away from the ball while my keeper/player is a meter away and their player assumes shooting position from 3 meters and watch the standing foot magically skate 2-3 meters to the ball and get it before my player.

There's that skating from that gif as well. Happens quite often in 2016 and helps CPU AI get past players easily.

Happens to me a lot and it's annoying as hell. The CPU AI would be 3 meters away from the ball while my keeper/player is a meter away and their player assumes shooting position from 3 meters and watch the standing foot magically skate 2-3 meters to the ball and get it before my player.

There's that skating from that gif as well. Happens quite often in 2016 and helps CPU AI get past players easily.

Have to take a closer look Lami as I'm still playing the game . . . .but I know what you're talking about.

Again, when it feels wrong, that's where I'll notice it - where I can't "skip out" of an animation and recover a ball that the CPU will then do two minutes later.

But that's not (just) an animation fault - it's an AI fault, where it's allowed to do things you can't.

I don't mind the animation skipping - what I do mind is that the CPU has "access" to the skipping to gain an advantage.

The last game I played on 2016 (and I swore it'd be the last), I played as Liverpool against Everton in the ML (with them one point below me) - I even lowered the difficulty to Professional because of how much stupid 1-touch blind-passing with perfect accuracy they were doing, but they still won 4-1, with 3 of the goals coming in pinball fashion (pretty hard passes being hit with barely any leg pullback and with my defenders nowhere near the markers despite my tactics). I put that down to A) general ML cheating, B) the "derby" setting (which gives the other team a huge boost), and C) that "team spirit" thing (mine was 78, with the right tactics to counter Everton's - Everton's was 98).

The game sounds great but if all that is still the same, it'll make no difference, for me (same applies to FIFA - if they don't work on the tactics, the game won't have evolved)!

At least crowd have been reworked

Not on PC, it'll look 2d and ugly, and we'll still get those weird gray outfits for all fans whenever it rains. (assuming rain even makes it to the final game too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom