PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

A couple of goals I've scored since switching to unassisted passing last night, focusing on nice passing moves in the build up. For the Giroud one, the main bit I wanted to share was the recycling of possession from the throw out. I could stand to hit passes a bit harder but that'll hopefully be sorted by the time the game comes out proper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8fu16yYhg

For this one I like the through ball to the wing. I feel like these sorts of clever passes are a lot easier in PA 0 than PA 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6q5iUR2OF4

14100400_930210393774442_5752906019534028038_n.jpg

Hey guys!, unexpectedly yesterday we (PESmodders) met Robbye Ron, took the opportunity to talk both licenses and gameplay. We reported several suggestions from this post, I hope they will be taken into consideration later. Regarding Chilean clubs hope for the best. on CONMEBOL competitions (Libertadores and Sudamericana) is more complicated because they asked THREE TIMES more money than before, although it is still trading up today. And finally about Red Bull Brasil, was Red Bull who paid money to Konami to appear in the game xDDDD I hope the partner with Red Bull (Announced yesterday on Brazil) means bringing Salzburg, Leipzig and New York in the future, but that there is nothing yet.

However in a few hours it is the PES event in Chile, so I'll be informed if I get more information, greetings guys.

Hey guys!, unexpectedly yesterday we (PESmodders) met Robbye Ron, took the opportunity to talk both licenses and gameplay. We reported several suggestions from this post, I hope they will be taken into consideration later. Regarding Chilean clubs hope for the best. on CONMEBOL competitions (Libertadores and Sudamericana) is more complicated because they asked THREE TIMES more money than before, although it is still trading up today. And finally about Red Bull Brasil, was Red Bull who paid money to Konami to appear in the game xDDDD I hope the partner with Red Bull (Announced yesterday on Brazil) means bringing Salzburg, Leipzig and New York in the future, but that there is nothing yet.

However in a few hours it is the PES event in Chile, so I'll be informed if I get more information, greetings guys.

Thanks for sharing the information! Very interesting! :)

I agree with the R1 throttling up to a point, but I also know what DaWolf means by defenders catching up to attackers as if they are faster.

It usually happens mainly in the centre of the pitch, normally if I am running through on goal...the defender will 9/10 times catch up with my attacker even if he is clean through and even if the attacker is the faster player. It seems to be only in those situations as if the game is somehow stopping the potential 1 on 1 by speeding up the defender/slowing down the attacker.

This is certainly not the case on the wing, as I use a combination of of L2,R2 & right stick to create the space and then use R1 to get clear for the cross etc.

I haven't noticed the so called catch up bug as much since 2014 so hopefully it can be patched if it ends up making it into the final build.

Same here.

PES 2015 and 2016 felt too repetitive to me.
But this one shines with variation again.

Has i said, goal variations indeed is better, but only near or inside the box. Shooting lacks of variations and is not as intuitive has were on the past. I never hit the post a single time since I start playing this demo. Shooting is looking much like PES 2014

Keeoers dives from a side of the goal to the other from a stationary position.

Anyway man, If you guys are finding this game fun, its fine by me. I will not bother you guys with my negativity anymore

Much respect.

It's a bit strange. I've been saying that I'm finding Superstar too easy and all of a sudden I cannot score and I'm losing by 2 or 3 goals. For the last 4 games. I've been playing away maybe that has something to do with it. The good thing is is when the CPU scores I always feel that I could have prevented it. I never feel that the CPU cheated.

Has i said, goal variations indeed is better, but only near or inside the box. Shooting lacks of variations and is not as intuitive has were on the past. I never hit the post a single time since I start playing this demo. Shooting is looking much like PES 2014

Anyway man, If you guys are finding this game fun, its fine by me. I will not bother you guys with my negativity anymore

Much respect.

I did.
And those felt awesome.

Just played my first game on Professional as Arsenal vs Boca and it was a thing of beauty. The match was quite even but I took an early lead thanks to a Giroud toe poke. However, early in the second half I conceded a free kick to the right of the box. They took it immediately by standing up a delicious cross to the back stick and the attacker rose and nodded the ball home before I knew what was happening. With ten to go I swept downfield and probed for an opening. With Ramsey in the middle I sent a low ball forwards into the path of Sanchez who was cutting in. I shot first time and it bent majestically around the diving keeper into the bottom corner. I punched the air with delight. It felt awesome.

Happy to see more and more people turning to manual settings. Hopefully u will hang on and try Online Divisions with manual settings, just set the filter to "similar settings". Unless there is something different from last year that is. It's great fun on 2016 so I'm sure it will be great this year.

lelly2sxcgametime11:51
I would like passing to be like it was 2 months ago when I played it at PESday 1, felt like the right level of challenge and fun, shooting seems to have a bit less error than before an seems abit too fast for me but as long as the GKs can handle it I'm fine, it's definitely the most balanced PES game since ps2 days, can't wait to see how myClub plays

lelly2sxcgametime11:51

Is it a new video, or was it from before the demo came out? Because he said something like that a month ago. They should make Semi-Assist passing as an option. I would really like that. At least give me the PESday1 passing that Lelly is talking about. Shooting tho, needs a total revamp.

If you on twitter, tweet to Adam Bhatti or OfficialPES. I have and couple of others have, but the more they get the message, the more likely it is to be fixed

I'm not on any forms of social media but I did ask anyone that is to contact Bhatti and Co. a few pages back as you also suggest.

I'm not holding my breath though, opening some textures and altering the colour pallette and intensity sounds like 10 mins work to someone at Rockstar or Naughty Dog .... But to Konami it sounds like PES 2018 ! ;-)

Some people might disagree here:

I played the demo today for another couple of hours and I have to say that one of the things I was quite worried about, really seems to be fine here.
I'm talking about the shooting.

I know a few of you think its overpowered, no trajectory etc.

But I have to say that all in all I'm fine with it and I rather wouldn't want it to be touched for the full game instead of screwing it up by toning it down or whatever.

Among the players it makes a difference for me whether I take a shot with Schweinsteiger or Khedira.
A shot from out of the box with Schweinsteiger (long ranger, kicking power 88) definitvely feels harder than a shot with Khedira (kicking power 73).
I even feel a difference between Schweinsteiger and Kroos, who is a long ranger as well but doesnt have as much kicking power.

Also when I watch the replays of those shots, the ball flies nice curves so trajectory is there.

Playing manual passing, -1 speed and basic shooting.

Some people might disagree here:

I played the demo today for another couple of hours and I have to say that one of the things I was quite worried about, really seems to be fine here.
I'm talking about the shooting.

I know a few of you think its overpowered, no trajectory etc.

But I have to say that all in all I'm fine with it and I rather wouldn't want it to be touched for the full game instead of screwing it up by toning it down or whatever.

Among the players it makes a difference for me whether I take a shot with Schweinsteiger or Khedira.
A shot from out of the box with Schweinsteiger (long ranger, kicking power 88) definitvely feels harder than a shot with Khedira (kicking power 73).
I even feel a difference between Schweinsteiger and Kroos, who is a long ranger as well but doesnt have as much kicking power.

Also when I watch the replays of those shots, the ball flies nice curves so trajectory is there.

Playing manual passing, -1 speed and basic shooting.

I totally feel the same thing mate !

Glad u enjoy it, the only reason im not all over the subject (yes this how im not :D) is because the keepers are at least good and can deal with the shots and the defence is a monster to break down. Its fun.

Much respect.

Not seeing this in my games! Hit the post a few times and also the bar!

I posted in this on NGB and Operation Sports. I wanted to illustrate what I was talking about yesterday regarding the previous role of the CDM in the attack.

I had spent the majority of the week testing various teams in PES 16, to see if the DMF issue was still occurring. To this very second, it still is, and never got fixed. Here is what it looks like, since I don't want to waste anyone's time with 2 hour long videos lol. I'll make sure to stream for less than 2 minutes for the proper attention time next time :) .

This is what it looks like, when the ball is way up the field:

PES16 -
TMiDrb.png

wSyviw.png

- DMF is directly in front of the two center backs.
- DMF serves no purpose to help the offense.
- CB's are not spread out far enough.

PES 17 - before (footage from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJr_L8BoWE)
HrdlNE.png

- DMF is still in front of two center backs
- DMF still serves no purpose to help the offense.
- CB's are not spread out far enough.

PES 17 - now - Attacking FB instructions on
CLXbS3.png

- DMF is now involved in the attack.
- DMF is properly positioned for transition by being in front of the forwards.
- CB's are spread out further apart.

PES 17 - now - Attacking FB instructions "OFF", All Attacking instructions "OFF".
zjR379.png

- DMF is still involved in the attack.
- DMF is properly positioned, (a bit tight to the attacker for my liking) for transition by being in front of the forwards.
- CB's are spread out further apart.

So now the DMF is getting involved in the attack a lot more, they are not just stagnant in one spot:

Pm8wsQ.png

This is why there are more shots from outside the box off clearances. This is why it is less end to end (as in midfielder/defender pass straight down the pitch to an attacker), and why there is a lot more build up from the CPU.

Overall, you may be asking - why is this even important?

Because it made its way in PES 16, and never got addressed, never got fixed. Some may not look at the radar and wonder about those irregularities, but as broadcast camera user, the radar is my dear friend. This disconnect that happened in PES 16, was making its way into PES 17 as well. I told myself, if I saw it once, I'm going to post about it and hope someone learns from it. If it happens once, it will happen again.

The odd thing is now I cannot recreate the PES 17 - before look of the CDM, from the footage I posted. It wasn't a one-off, it was happening quite a bit. I have no explanation on why it's different now, but whatever it is - the game will be at full potential for best football gameplay ever - and I mean that. Agree or disagree, the proof is right there in the videos. I'm not going to question it anymore, and just hope that it makes its way into the final version of the game. Absolutely cannot wait for this game. Yikes.

Last edited:
but whatever it is - the game will be at full potential for best football gameplay ever - and I mean that. Agree or disagree, the proof is right there in the videos. I'm not going to question it anymore, and just hope that it makes its way into the final version of the game. Absolutely cannot wait for this game. Yikes.

Matt, this part of your brilliant post is enough for me. You are endorsing how I feel, a game that I cannot wait to play, train, understand and relearn.

Your posts and videos are so well done, you talk with football knowledge in a way that we can understand. Honestly, your efforts do not go unnoticed and I thank you for taking the time to do them.

:COOL:

Played riverplate against barca as the away team. Superstar, Manual man they hammered me. Proper high press and passing holes into my defence.

The one move the opened me up so badly with short passes exactly how barca would down the flank.

BTW I am not sure if this is a thing but in one of my matches I scored a goal making it 2-1 and I ran and pressed square. My striker, instead of thumping it into the net picked up the ball to get back for the kick off old PES style. Someone else try it and see.

Back
Top Bottom