PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Since PES 2014 evey new iteration has been more and more like a cheap FIFA knock off, seeing players hit pin point 20 yard back heel passes multiple times is the final nail in the coffin. R.I.P. PES.

Great, then let it die. If you say R.I.P. PES, then at least mean it. Don't come back here when the demo comes out to say how bad it is. Don't come back when the game is out to say how bad that is. Just have it be dead. Go play other games. The end.

The amount of pessimistic opinions here are incredible..
I think the game looks decent, wait and see Aug 13.

I fully agree. Only found some skating here and there and a keeper who did not handle well on very hard shots from distance.
That's all. We, on the other hand, have a lot of people overhere, who do their best to be as negative as possible, even including complete lists.
I agree with Bonyi: Just wait for the demo.

Great, then let it die. If you say R.I.P. PES, then at least mean it. Don't come back here when the demo comes out to say how bad it is. Don't come back when the game is out to say how bad that is. Just have it be dead. Go play other games. The end.

Totally agree. I'm sick of these people who have given up on the game (and i respect that) but keep on coming back implicitly telling people who still enjoy that they are stupid assholes...

Totally agree. I'm sick of these people who have given up on the game (and i respect that) but keep on coming back implicitly telling people who still enjoy that they are stupid assholes...

TBF I have given up on it years ago but I still buy it every year, but I wouldnt tell anybody to buy or not buy it.

The videos look good. I wasn't expecting a huge difference from 2015 (which I enjoyed). 2016 looks like something I am going to enjoy as well. I really do hope the speed was slower, we see more fouls and the keepers get better. Seems like you can just shoot from outside and wait for a rebound in the middle.

It would be a problem if it was the CPU's goalkeeper. But since it's Player's goalkeeper, he can just hit triangle to send the keeper up and not just automatically do it.

It wouldn't be a problem only if the player instructed the keeper to stay on the line, but I suspect this was not the case.

Keepers are auto controlled by CPU by default you know.
To bring out triangle, to stay on the line, I don't know if there is an option in PES 2015-16..

It wouldn't be a problem only if the player instructed the keeper to stay on the line, but I suspect this was not the case.

Keepers are auto controlled by CPU by default you know.
To bring out triangle, to stay on the line, I don't know if there is an option in PES 2015-16..

I think the Goalkeeper should always stay on his line with a player option to instruct him to move forward instead of automatic or the other way round.

FIFA sometimes had that automatic Goalkeeper coming out and then the bugs would happen when the computer calculate that wrong. But the keeper just stays where he needs to be, and YOU can control with just a press of a single timed button. if you want the keeper to intercept it. Which is exactly how I like it. Don't see much wrong there.

Biggest issue i have seen is keepers just don't seem to come off their lines at all. They seem very good saving from range but they stand rooted to their lines on 1 on 1 situations!

Also keepers seem to parry the ball straight to opposition players too much.

Keepers need work, they haven't been consistent at all. very up and down.

The rest seems good, can't tell too much because its on assisted controls, need to get the game and knock the pass assistance down.

Is gamescom the demo code?

Last edited:
Good point about the human players instructing the keepers to come out, not seen much of that and it would give us an idea if they have conquered the hunched statues in PE15 which you could walk around? If it's CPU controlled then you would expect them to react in a human way but programming them to do that might be more difficult than it seems?

Either way, they need some work but I feel what you see now is what you will get in the game, its far too late for further development, I suspect the discs are close to being pressed etc..maybe a patch?

so the overall reception is not that great.

biggest problem is that PES's unpredictability is gone since the Fox Engine, its just looks boring, you dont feel anything can happen, what was the soul of PES. mehhh :(

Last edited:

biggest problem is that PES's unpredictability is gone since the Fox Engine, its just looks boring, you dont feel anything can happen, what was the soul of PES. mehhh :(

Pes 2015 was the first Pes since years where it felt everything could happen, and these videos show more varied goals and situations, too.

I played at 0 bars, never touched the full assisted these guys are playing on.

My concerns about the videos is referee and goalkeeper parrying too much for an easy tap-in

I dont agree...

unpredictabilty if you play manual is always present

Hmmm I don't know what you mean to be honest. I haven't been playing a lot PES2008 to PES2014 but PES2015 made me feel the PES Magic again and even now, this month,I find new animations in PES2015 and new scenarios infront of goal. I play assisted and can do everything I feel I want to in the game. That is my view on it.

My only concern watching PES2016 footage is it being to easy and to fast paced. The feeling seems just better though. Lets see in a week :D

Keepers don't close down the 1-on-1 situations well enough. They are still slow to react and slow to charge.

I think the Goalkeeper should always stay on his line with a player option to instruct him to move forward instead of automatic or the other way round.

FIFA sometimes had that automatic Goalkeeper coming out and then the bugs would happen when the computer calculate that wrong. But the keeper just stays where he needs to be, and YOU can control with just a press of a single timed button. if you want the keeper to intercept it. Which is exactly how I like it. Don't see much wrong there.

I mean playing against AI.. not a human opponent, the AI would stay on the line.. like in the mentioned video

The game is looks like Arcade, Overpower long shots, bad GK , fast FIFAsh mess . Now we have 2 FIFA games .
411gfr%2BbpwL.jpg

Last edited:
I think we can pick holes in a lot of stuff but the fact is, PES 15 had tons of flaws yet I enjoyed it immensely, so if this is a step up then I can see right past the problems and enjoy it for what it is.

Despite the keepers showing signs of a few issues, the rest looks great to my eyes.

I think we can pick holes in a lot of stuff but the fact is, PES 15 had tons of flaws yet I enjoyed it immensely, so if this is a step up then I can see right past the problems and enjoy it for what it is.

Despite the keepers showing signs of a few issues, the rest looks great to my eyes.

I think every football game have some huge flaws but we have always worked around it and dealt with it to a certain point because the game is still fun to play. So what you say is spot on!

i just dont think manual its a solution for me personaly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZRra8f01g

do you see any difference between a Palmeiras and a Bayern team?

I d, I see less accurate passes, slower pace of the game. Less strong dribbling, less player ID and players that had those extra traits really made a different in pes2015 cause they could do something special (Like I loved the spinning high ball trait in PES2015 that boosted a midfielder A LOT last year) And it makes the match seem way more ''Basic''. Don't know how to explain.

I do agree that it does "look" very similar, and you probably expected it to look more sluggish in terms of how the team players as a whole, but I think thats up to the player. You get the team, with the stats. And I love winning with a team like Feyenoord against Real Madrid because I use Feyenoord very well up to their strenghts in 2015

After enough play single player just became repetitive , scoring didn't give any satisfaction and conceeding was similar over and over ..normally a turn in the area and far post goal , a mile away from the old pes days .. The new version isn't inspiring me yet but I'll reserve judgement until the demo ..it desperately needs that unpredictability

After enough play single player just became repetitive , scoring didn't give any satisfaction and conceeding was similar over and over ..normally a turn in the area and far post goal , a mile away from the old pes days .. The new version isn't inspiring me yet but I'll reserve judgement until the demo ..it desperately needs that unpredictability

agree.
i started leagues/cups a few times with the same result: me getting bored of playing the same match over and over, the only difference was the oppositions' uniform/skin colors

Back
Top Bottom