PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I would gladly help Konami concerning teams and players in the Belgian league or our national team.
I would do it for free. I like to do this, why would i want to get paid for something that i really like if i already have a more than decent salary.

Not everything in life should be about money.

Is this naïve? Yes it is, as companies like Konami are very greedy (every company is, this has to do with work dynamics and how most individual people behave to profile themselves in a very positive but immoral way). Don't forget that behind "things" like companies there are people...

Haven't played the game for weeks, wil ltry it with the new patch one of these days...

About FM: i'm not buying it anymore on PC, it's too difficult the last years. I don't want to start on a PSG spending spree, but it is so difficult to buy one or two decent players.

you're right but that's not an excuse for exploitation.

the scouting stuff like club experts I can understand somewhat because at least there is precedent for it, but the face making stuff is an absolute liberty. How often do we hear from konami about "82 new stunning faces!" they get promoted with every DLC. This is something which at present is being worked within the studio by a paid full-time employee/s and is evidently of big value to them promotion wise (something i'll never understand, new faces aren't a big deal to me) yet now they are going to be happy to mine the excellent face making community for its talent and pay them practically nothing to do a job that is valued and done by someone who is paid.

How many other things could they get away with outsourcing for free? boot fanatics to come and make more boots? they could find whoever moans the loudest about the nets and 'hire' him to fix them?

the scouting stuff like club experts I can understand somewhat because at least there is precedent for it, but the face making stuff is an absolute liberty. How often do we hear from konami about "82 new stunning faces!" they get promoted with every DLC. This is something which at present is being worked within the studio by a paid full-time employee/s and is evidently of big value to them promotion wise (something i'll never understand, new faces aren't a big deal to me) yet now they are going to be happy to mine the excellent face making community for its talent and pay them practically nothing to do a job that is valued and done by someone who is paid.
They are recruiting people for making faces with the ingame editor, not 3d artists.

Well... these are two different things?

But it has the same result, more improved faces in the game. Even Using the tool It's still a skill that not any old person could do, so it doesn't matter how they go about doing it, its equally as valuable as a 3D artist

But it has the same result, more improved faces in the game. Even Using the tool It's still a skill that not any old person could do, so it doesn't matter how they go about doing it, its equally as valuable as a 3D artist
I think "equally valuable" isn't quite fair, one has to have 3D skills, qualifications and a decent portfolio (i.e. talent), whereas the other is essentially data entry.

There is undoubtedly a knack to using the face editor though - some people seem to get pretty good results out of it, but if they hired someone like me, then you'd be getting a Premier League where every player looked related.

Definitely explains a lot about the data.

I think "equally valuable" isn't quite fair, one has to have 3D skills, qualifications and a decent portfolio (i.e. talent), whereas the other is essentially data entry.

There is undoubtedly a knack to using the face editor though - some people seem to get pretty good results out of it, but if they hired someone like me, then you'd be getting a Premier League where every player looked related.

Definitely explains a lot about the data.

But that's what I mean, they are going to hire someone who already has established skill using the editor not me or you. The skill set might be different and more advanced for a 3d artist but they will have the same result and end value (if it didnt they would simply hire another 3d artist to do more faces)

But that's what I mean, they are going to hire someone who already has established skill using the editor not me or you. The skill set might be different and more advanced for a 3d artist but they will have the same result and end value (if it didnt they would simply hire another 3d artist to do more faces)
The same result?!

I don't think you know how much talent you need to have to be a good 3D artist (and how time-consuming it is when you don't have enough licenses to go and face-scan everybody first)...

Zidane with the editor:
maxresdefault.jpg

Zidane from a 3D artist:
S2yURop.jpg

When you see those faces, you think the first one may be Zidane, but you know the second one is definitely Zidane.

It is much cheaper for them to pay £25 a week to someone, to make some kind of effort, than it is for them to employ a team of 3D artists to create literally every one of the 1,000s of faces in the game.

They don't really care if they're as realistic as possible or not - if they don't have the license, they really don't care because they know the sales will automatically be lower in that territory.

It's all about maximising profit, and if they're paying you (and trusting you) to input a striker's agility rating, they may as well ask you to have a go at using their face editor too - and we're stupid enough to do it.

So pray that whoever they employ can do better than this, because they're not going to "interview" people and look for the guy who is most proficient with the editor...

spoiler]

Last edited:
fair point and i see what you mean maybe it isn't exactly equal, I still think it's cheap and exploitation but there you go

I still think it's cheap and exploitation but there you go
I agree with you on that!

Selfishly, though, my bigger concern is how accurate data and/or faces are going to be when they go about it in this way. They already use data editors / face editors, and IIRC Adam mentioned their "scouting network" on that BBC show, but the final product has all kinds of holes - just ask Gerd. If they made those same kinds of mistakes with PL and/or English players rather than Belgian players - if e.g. John Terry was a CM and Christian Benteke was a CB, which is the kind of stuff we're talking about here - I think there'd be a bigger outcry.

Last edited:
The point is: The guys they are recruiting for those ingame editor faces are primarily supposed to create faces for new unknown players. They probably spend 5 minutes on each player before moving on. Looking at the existing faces, it seems like the cleaning lady at KONAMI's headquarters was responsible for this task the last few years.

Ok, I got awarded a penalty tonight in Master League . .put the keeper the wrong way and rolled it past the post for a miss . ..I've been waiting since I got the game for a peno and when I get it I miss. It must be down to the patch that I got the peno . .has anybody else been awarded a peno? Or is anybody even bothering to play the game anymore?

I personally think the new patch is great. I tried playing some games last night on superstar full manuals. The pace of the game is better, I usually play on -1 now on the default 0 is just right.

I saw klashman's video of the referee but I think overall the referees are better after this patch, I see the referees giving many fouls from players getting tripped or getting a little kick from behind, before the patch I only see fouls from late tackles and body charge.

The AI defending is also better, haven't seen the AI defense backing off when I dribble straight at them (need more test though). Still no variation on AI shooting, still too much low shots imo, but overall I'm enjoying this patch.

I personally think the new patch is great. I tried playing some games last night on superstar full manuals. The pace of the game is better, I usually play on -1 now on the default 0 is just right.

I saw klashman's video of the referee but I think overall the referees are better after this patch, I see the referees giving many fouls from players getting tripped or getting a little kick from behind, before the patch I only see fouls from late tackles and body charge.

The AI defending is also better, haven't seen the AI defense backing off when I dribble straight at them (need more test though). Still no variation on AI shooting, still too much low shots imo, but overall I'm enjoying this patch.

Yeh Elja I feel the same. . I'm having some great games . . the only gripe I have and it's been there before the patch is if you're dribbling near the box and slow down your run you can wriggle through for a shot on goal. But penos exist which is a big plus.

Anyone else still play PES 6 on Xbox 360?

I picked it up for like 50 euro cents about a week ago and I've been hammering it (along with PES 2013) since. It's really impressive how well that game still holds up. It plays like a dream. After a couple of minutes you don't even notice the lack of 360 degrees dribbling, hell you don't even miss it.

Everything feels so wel balanced. It's simple, but also hard to master and has a lot of depth. Stats really matter.

Really, it's not just blind nostalgia, these older PES games just worked and still do.

PES 6 360 was good yes but sadly it was barebones. Still a good game.

Yeh Elja I feel the same. . I'm having some great games . . the only gripe I have and it's been there before the patch is if you're dribbling near the box and slow down your run you can wriggle through for a shot on goal. But penos exist which is a big plus.

After playing more matches, this was very clear. The AI defense pressures and follow me but against certain teams they just won't tackle me so I can still dribble through and score easily :FAIL:

Penalties should be there if what I wrote about the referees is not placebo. I only got 1 penalty so far against the AI in PES 2016.

In 8 matches over the weekend I've had 2 fouls given to me. I've seen about an average of 3-5 blatant ones that just aren't awarded. If it's the other way though the AI is given them. The issue is the ref struggles to determine what an AI foul is. Also there isn't many AI mistimed slide tackles which again is bewildering as I turned on AI auto tackle in one match and the AI on my side give away 2 free kicks via late slide tackles.

How many other things could they get away with outsourcing for free? boot fanatics to come and make more boots? they could find whoever moans the loudest about the nets and 'hire' him to fix them?

That´s the first impression I got as well when I clicked on that link.
It´s just like that it´s all about faces...more faces...better faces.
They´re already stunning, so I´d feel better if they´d hire a football expert to work on the gameplay :P.

About those two volley goal vids:
After playing FIFA to death and haven´t touched PES for many months now, I gotta say that I miss those fluid lifelike animations (expect for the keepers...their animations are still horrible, at least in those vids. Seen many good saves) and it´s a pity that I don´t dig this game no more.

Massimuccio63´s point is one of the reasons for this :(

personaly im not expecting anything. fancy words since 2007 coming out before every release. i should learn by now

when Asims next review comes out, i will simply ask him is it anything like 2016? if it is. im out again.

There's a chance he wont be doing any more reviewing... Not for wenb anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom