PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

That is good news but for me, it's not so much the amount of stats or the type of stats they have but rather if the system currently in-use is implementing stats properly so they are felt whilst playing the game.

For example with regards to passing, on 1 bar pass assist I really see no difference in passing accuracy and passing speeds between players. The only thing I tend to notice is the weighted pass card when doing through balls where certain players with that card put nice back spin on the ball and allow the player going to receive the pass to run onto it easier so to speak. Other than that I see no real variation in passing.

I think I would like PES 2016 a lot more if the ball physics were more free and the passing speed was toned down a bit and one-touch passing and trapping animations had a lot more error based on player stats, I coulda dealt with the unrealistic turning and skatey movements.

Last edited:
That is good news but for me, it's not so much the amount of stats or the type of stats they have but rather if the system currently in-use is implementing stats properly so they are felt whilst playing the game.

For example with regards to passing, on 1 bar pass assist I really see no difference in passing accuracy and passing speeds between players. The only thing I tend to notice is the weighted pass card when doing through balls where certain players with that card put nice back spin on the ball and allow the player going to receive the pass to run onto it easier so to speak. Other than that I see no real variation in passing.

I think I would like PES 2016 a lot more if the ball physics were more free and the passing speed was toned down a bit and one-touch passing and trapping animations had a lot more error based on player stats, I coulda dealt with the unrealistic turning and skatey movements.

Yeah, if they really want to implement individuality properly, there should be a variable of error where u aim your controller depending on the player, so if for example Tor controlling a player that's terrible at passing, that variable should be massive where your passing or shooting , problem is b-man over the years people were bloody complaining saying the ball wasn't going in the direction where they wanted it to pass or shoot, those people didn't understand individuality and the majority of that voice was from the Fifa boys, which is when the game started to lose its identity. Now that Fifa is TRYING to be more sim in those areas, those people are complaining and more now are coming over to PES. Which is also why the latest patch destroyed Fifa as well.

But the problem with pass-accuracy and first touch is that in reallife football, players aren't like in the 80's or 90's, where there is a huge difference between the players regarding this.

Modern training-methods have massively upgraded all players in that regard. Nowadays the difference between players is more regarding the ability to read the game and make the right decisions at the right time...

Modern players are still massively inferior to those of the 80's and 90's. Players are like robots now, game is made easy for them with slick pitches, balls with far less weight and fly around with this knuckleball crap.

Look at Neymar he is the last of the true wonderkids. Leicester being top of the Premier League tells you everything you need to know about the quality.

please guys dont legitimate the lack of variety in shooting and passing for Konami
I wrote out a post in response but then deleted it. Every year the worst bits of the game are excused somehow and there's not much point in providing a counter-argument.

All I'll say is - the team that's top of the Premier League at the moment has the lowest passing accuracy in the league*.

i5fWaOM.jpg
How does that happen? Because they try more direct passes, and a lot of them don't come off because they're not accurate enough.

If PES passing was real-life, their pass accuracy would be close to 100%, all their direct passes would be successful, and nobody would ever play a short passing game with build up play, ever.

*SOURCE: Squawka.com

Last edited:
Yeah, if they really want to implement individuality properly, there should be a variable of error where u aim your controller depending on the player, so if for example Tor controlling a player that's terrible at passing, that variable should be massive where your passing or shooting , problem is b-man over the years people were bloody complaining saying the ball wasn't going in the direction where they wanted it to pass or shoot, those people didn't understand individuality and the majority of that voice was from the Fifa boys, which is when the game started to lose its identity. Now that Fifa is TRYING to be more sim in those areas, those people are complaining and more now are coming over to PES. Which is also why the latest patch destroyed Fifa as well.

GREAT POST! I read your post and was like "YES JIMI FUCKIN GETS IT!" and Exactly what happened this year with FIFA 16 too

One of the main reasons I couldn't get into ML. I love searching for players with certain talents that fit my team's playing style. But because the individuality is so poor I don't have the feeling or desire to go get certain types of players and build a team which really should be the essence of ML. If I don't need great passers to hit great passes then why go after a Pirlo? Verratti? Ozil? Not enough variation in passing for me

GREAT POST! I read your post and was like "YES JIMI FUCKIN GETS IT!" and Exactly what happened this year with FIFA 16 too

One of the main reasons I couldn't get into ML. I love searching for players with certain talents that fit my team's playing style. But because the individuality is so poor I don't have the feeling or desire to go get certain types of players and build a team which really should be the essence of ML. If I don't need great passers to hit great passes then why go after a Pirlo? Verratti? Ozil? Not enough variation in passing for me

Exactly.

Gone are the days were I had written pages of players of one position I've scouted and had to filter through them to get just 1 or 2.

Like you say, I hardly see any difference now, so what does it matter. I just go for whoever's available.

Forgot to mention all the other areas too like first touch pass or shot error, agility, ball speed, all those areas have been toned down a lot to cater for the casual player, people complained that there was a delay when they pressed there buttons but little did they know that came down to the individual player, how he controlled the ball, especially if it was a high fast pass, as well as passing or shooting with his correct foot, there's has to be a delay, but that delay can be minimised depending on the player, and that's why I liked the response stat, the older games didn't allow you to play free flowing football so easy cos of the delay, but no people want instant response, and free flowing one touch football and I fkn hate those accurate back heels, which is why first touch and agility has suffered, and that is why the game is at its current state. Also I remember a stat named teamwork used to be in the game, in the older games there used to be an option in the gameplan menu where all your players in the formation screen turned into numbers which ment the teamwork connection between the players, was really good to use in master league cos sometimes a average player had a good team work connection with a certain player and you would use that player to look to play that pass to, mahrez/vardy is a great example. I'm sure iv missed a few other areas of importance but yeah wait and see for PES 17 now.

Last edited:
Modern players are still massively inferior to those of the 80's and 90's. Players are like robots now, game is made easy for them with slick pitches, balls with far less weight and fly around with this knuckleball crap.

Look at Neymar he is the last of the true wonderkids. Leicester being top of the Premier League tells you everything you need to know about the quality.

Going off topic but I disagree. Nowadays sports men are way more professional gone are the days of your CB sitting in the locker room having a cigar during half time. Yes the ball and equipment is lighter and rules more strict but pace power and the other sporting attributes have had to evolve to a scary point.

Going off topic but I disagree. Nowadays sports men are way more professional gone are the days of your CB sitting in the locker room having a cigar during half time. Yes the ball and equipment is lighter and rules more strict but pace power and the other sporting attributes have had to evolve to a scary point.

Players are fitter today and the skill levels are higher .. .the pace of the game is faster and players and managers are more tactically aware. The dreaded time wasting back pass to the keeper is gone as well. Had a look back at a lot of games from the 80's and 90's . . . some of the defending looks so naive.

Klashman Leicester are deservedly on top through hard work and shrewd signings. . I think it's great for the game. The so called top teams are full of overpaid lazy divas who are not team players.

Klashman Leicester are deservedly on top through hard work and shrewd signings. . I think it's great for the game. The so called top teams are full of overpaid lazy divas who are not team players.

So true footballers are proper divas. It's sad actually as it is affecting the quality of the sport these days. So glad Barcelona seem to have the right attitude in their squad.

You don't get alot of that from them despite or maybe as a result of their humility and team ethic.

So true footballers are proper divas. It's sad actually as it is affecting the quality of the sport these days. So glad Barcelona seem to have the right attitude in their squad.

You don't get alot of that from them despite or maybe as a result of their humility and team ethic.

I didn't say true players are divas Zee ... I said a lot of the top players are unfortunately and you're right Barca have an excellent attitude to the game, Messi and co. aren't afraid to chase back and tackle for the ball. Look at Chelsea the players stopped trying for Mourinho . . .Man City have a quality squad but when the going gets tough they go missing.

Good post. Ive been playing a lot of pes14 lately, pc and ps3 (we14 aoki samurai) on full manual and its a great game..very sim.. The thing is, the manual passing is much more difficult to pull off than when playing pes16 ps4 on full manual. In pes14 it seems heavier, not quite as responsive as you need more time on the ball to actually pass it accurately, and the ball doesn't always go where you actually point it. Im guessing there really is an element of error and individuality here. Great to see. On the other hand in pes16(still full manual), you can really pull off some great moves.. and for instance play the ball around like Barcelona... its just so much easier to do what you want. The point im making, is that I think we need a game that when on full manual, has both these qualities.. ie. if you pick a team like barca, you should be able to control the passing as you can in pes16. When you pick a div 2 team, you should only be able to control the game like pes14. Obviously im not just talking about teamplay, but individual players as well. Iniesta to be able to pass as you can on pes16, and Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory striker) to pass as in pes14. Include this same idea with shooting, first time touch/pass, agility etc, and then we'd really have a great sim. As you guys are aware, as in pes16, apart from dribbling ability (and somewhat running speed), most players are alike, and can be controlled manually the same way as the next player. Manual needs to be error prone... and jeez I wished you could really notice the difference when a fresh sub comes one, particularly a player with great ability... atm there is no real difference who you put on...

on a side note. Anywone notice any difference between pes16 and we16.. just dl'ed the we16 myclub using my Japanese account.. will try it when I have a bit of time (busy as hell atm). The reason I ask, is because we14 aoki samarai seem quite a bit better than the pes14 I have... just seems to play at a better pace, and with a slight degree of better response. Mind you, im still preferring the pc version of pes14 since its in 1080p and I can use patches to customise the camera angles.. there is just so much to love (and hate) about pes14. The low shots.. the Right Stick jostle... If only pes14's animations were morphed with the variations of pes2013, we'd have a killer sim.

Last edited:

I know a football player, he was never gifted technically, he was essentially a physical beast and he's played at Europa League level for a Premier League club or clubs.

To be a top player, you don't need to have amazing technique these days, you literally have to be like a robot. The old generations needed more technique to shine, nowadays its all about how you can defend for 70 minutes.

Players are fitter today and the skill levels are higher .. .the pace of the game is faster and players and managers are more tactically aware. The dreaded time wasting back pass to the keeper is gone as well. Had a look back at a lot of games from the 80's and 90's . . . some of the defending looks so naive.

Yet John Terry a player from that generation has been consistently among the worlds best and few to no young players have come up and established themselves at a world class level.

Defending has been ruined since they changed the tackling laws. Look at my team Arsenal with Kosceilney, mes make so many mistakes, basic errors but in this generation he's one of the best. You needed to really master the art of defending and nothing else. Players are becoming too generic and over coached.

Ok, so you would compare Mahrez to someone like Robert Pires?

Or Vardy to Van Nistelrooy?

They are a very average team just with a good manager to maximise how effective the Atletico Madrid inspired 4-4-2 is they use, defending deep with a compact, organised narrow lines of 4 is hard to break down and they attack purely on the counter, Atletico tried to break teams down using possession football which is the main difference between how Atletico do it and how Leicester do it.

You know in the future, Konami should put more legends players in the game to play as.

Last edited:
I know a football player, he was never gifted technically, he was essentially a physical beast and he's played at Europa League level for a Premier League club or clubs.

To be a top player, you don't need to have amazing technique these days, you literally have to be like a robot. The old generations needed more technique to shine, nowadays its all about how you can defend for 70 minutes.

Yet John Terry a player from that generation has been consistently among the worlds best and few to no young players have come up and established themselves at a world class level.

Defending has been ruined since they changed the tackling laws. Look at my team Arsenal with Kosceilney, mes make so many mistakes, basic errors but in this generation he's one of the best. You needed to really master the art of defending and nothing else. Players are becoming too generic and over coached.

Ok, so you would compare Mahrez to someone like Robert Pires?

Or Vardy to Van Nistelrooy?

They are a very average team just with a good manager to maximise how effective the Atletico Madrid inspired 4-4-2 is they use, defending deep with a compact, organised narrow lines of 4 is hard to break down and they attack purely on the counter, Atletico tried to break teams down using possession football which is the main difference between how Atletico do it and how Leicester do it.

You know in the future, Konami should put more legends players in the game to play as.

The point I'm making is that the likes of Vardy and Mahrez appreciate the chance to play in the Premiership and work their asses off for success unlike a lot of the mercenary crew who will probably end up in China anyway. Horses for courses as regards players they can't all be skilful. I can see individuality in players in Pes it's not as obvious as years ago when you had Adrian, Ronaldo etc having superpowers I'd hate to go back to that. I use M fernandes as an AMF and he plays completely different to any player that I've used. He can pass, dribble score extremely well and when he's not in the team they suffer badly.

The point I'm making is that the likes of Vardy and Mahrez appreciate the chance to play in the Premiership and work their asses off for success unlike a lot of the mercenary crew who will probably end up in China anyway. Horses for courses as regards players they can't all be skilful. I can see individuality in players in Pes it's not as obvious as years ago when you had Adrian, Ronaldo etc having superpowers I'd hate to go back to that. I use M fernandes as an AMF and he plays completely different to any player that I've used. He can pass, dribble score extremely well and when he's not in the team they suffer badly.

Deco i'm not disagreeing with you regarding Leicester being brilliant for working so hard and being so committed and disciplined all season.

I like how brilliant Leicester have been, its a fantastic story, thats not my point. Its more that a guy has gone from non-League is 4 years to Premier League top scorer because all of these so called 'advanced wonderkids' who are better and put into these money academies and play in the pathetic youth leagues with little to no physicality and churn out as a generic all round players.

Like Dele Alli has shown, you develop when you play against men on a regular competitive basis, youngsters playing in the lower leagues are coming out better than those playing for academies.

You mentioned a player i have follow for years in Matias Fernandez, a guy i even made a face for back in 2006, who was a sensation in Chile, by the time he got to Europe with Villarreal all of the creative things he used to do was coached out of him. he's a good player still, but more solid rather than spectacular.

Deco i'm not disagreeing with you regarding Leicester being brilliant for working so hard and being so committed and disciplined all season.

I like how brilliant Leicester have been, its a fantastic story, thats not my point. Its more that a guy has gone from non-League is 4 years to Premier League top scorer because all of these so called 'advanced wonderkids' who are better and put into these money academies and play in the pathetic youth leagues with little to no physicality and churn out as a generic all round players.

Like Dele Alli has shown, you develop when you play against men on a regular competitive basis, youngsters playing in the lower leagues are coming out better than those playing for academies.

You mentioned a player i have follow for years in Matias Fernandez, a guy i even made a face for back in 2006, who was a sensation in Chile, by the time he got to Europe with Villarreal all of the creative things he used to do was coached out of him. he's a good player still, but more solid rather than spectacular.

Ok Klash I get your drift now. Btw A friend of mine years ago said the same as you are saying that the coaching was ruining their natural flair.

I enjoy PES 2016 on xbox one (not using the latest patch, but still the one before) a lot at the moment. I play it on full manual with speed -2, 20 minutes, and I have enjoyable, variable matches. And I don't use any kits.

The game is certainly not perfect, it could use a bit more possibilities while dribbling, more control and the midfield and defense could be a bit more organized, and if you slow down there is this bug where you can sometimes wiggle your way through and slide tackling is a bit overpowered, but it is doing a lot of things right now that weren't before:

Animation is smooth, the ball feels free, the team-AI reacts to my ideas, the referee is now working properly (in the last match I had 8 fouls given for me, and 3 fouls I did myself, so 11 fouls in a match), and possession is now more balanced, even my pet-peeve stamina seems to work better with my players getting drained differently depending on the amount I used them (though still a two-tiered-stamina/fatige system is still missing), the goalkeeper is reliable...

Even pass-accuracy seems realistic to me on full manual: I had 79% completion success (with Juventus) and the CPU-opponent 67%.

I'm so content right now I dare not use the latest patch, as there would be no possibility to go back to the one I use now. I play with this patch until PES 2017 comes along, that hopefully adresses the still open problems.

Another small update has been released on PC - version 1.03.02 (a.k.a 1.6)

The latest patch file is now available as of 18/2/2016 onwards.
The contents are as below:

*Subject: see below
・The preparation for the investigation of Disconnected matches.

Back
Top Bottom