PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Tried ML this weekend it's madness. 10-0 against Southampton with basic players.

Then Arsenal was a 2-2 draw their goals would have been impossible to stop and I enjoyed the game tbh. More than the 10-0 drubbing. Why Konami why and no I won't switch to manual to make me more prone error. That's not the problem.

No glenn0. Kits aren't the reason PES 2016 lost some foot planting and introduced more skating. It also isn't the reason my defenders can run from box to box. It also isn't the reason keepers suck. It also isn't the reason refs are sadistic. C'mon now.

Yes, it is. It is not easily explainable, and I certainly don't know why. But the game, out of the box, with just the updates installed, is very good.

Smooth, with proper animation transitions, and intelligent AI compared to the mess the game becomes when any imported kits and emblems are placed into the game's framework.

Not sure what's some of you guys problem with this game. Is it an arcade game? PES always has been a semi-arcade game. Gameplay-wise PES 2016 is an identical twin of PES 6.

And I despised PES 6.....

Same here. Only "pair" numbers (excepted the shitty PES 2009) even if i played more on japanese "liveware" or "international" patched version.

PES1, PES3 (WE7I better), PES5/WE9.
PES 2011 and PES 2013 was only an alternative when Fifa's bored me, but i didn't really liked those PS2.5 game's engine. It's not a matter of animations and visual but algorithms while players moving, inertia, weight sensations while turning, in brief: a engine who almost rely on true physics and not only stats (physical stats i mean).

I've re-played PES only when the 2014 astonished me even with his lag input. That's what i was waiting for a while: a new footy game inspired by PES, but not the same an repetitive feeling that i've got since the first Iss Pro Evolution.
And i remember that everyone wanted something truely different in that period.

It's more the balance which ennoy me the most than the whole game's feeling.

Last edited:
Dan Walker said there were "two or three" but I don't know if that was to save the embarrassment (though in a room of 100 people, that's still not great, is it)...

Miles Jacobsen (of Football Manager) twisted the knife a bit as well, I thought, with his comment - "it's different for us, because guys like Adam are trying to make a fun, arcade experience, whereas we're trying to simulate 90 minutes".

He didn't look pleased, from what I can remember.

b1f3b6f57f77c5917d4aea153d284adc.jpg

One (guy on right in white top). Then someone next to him half puts up his arm as well. He then says "make some noise for PES" and you can hear a pin drop.

I'm done Klash. I've played the last patch and just couldn't find the game fun anymore. Players disregarding the ball's position and trajectory yet somehow manage to completely control it perfectly when the ball's coming from behind, going through their bodies and onto their foot. The ball even travels way too fast for me.

PES 2015 doesn't have these issues. The ball bounces and deflects nicely. Players aware of the ball's position and direction and thus position themselves accordingly. Game pace is perfect on 0 too. Keepers even though not great but they react realistically. I can't run with defenders from box to box almost every time like PES 2016.

PES 2016 is an arcade attempt and what makes me sad is that they continue to say it's not, also convincing us it's not in their hands that fouls are rare and broken and a tech issue. They think we're stupid to just swallow it up.

I'm unhappy. I'm unhappy because someone at Konami decided to listen to the wrong guy/people. These people have turned this game from going down the semi-sim route to the arcade route. I get that some dig that, but that's not what PES was. They could've made another game that was more arcade oriented and left PES be. I absolutely detest that person that was given more importance than he deserved. I will not name names. If you just look at the game's history, you will know who he is. I have absolutely zero respect for him. He kept complaining and complaining until he got the arcade game he wanted. I'm sad Konami listened to him. This is no conspiracy. I might sound emotional because it's a game I've been playing since the mid 90's. It gave me tons of great football gaming memories. /end rant

I'm done with this game. I have PES 2015 (or 2014 Blue Samurai) to entertain me.

Same. I have even completely lost the motivation to upload more tactics this year, I'll just keep what I did in stock, do EURO 2016 and the Copa America and use what I've done hopefully in next years game.

1.05 has actually improved the game but not enough and its so, so basic and arcade like, all you do is run and shoot, its so repetitive and the AI cheating which wasn't an issue in 1.03 which made the game really fun despite being basic is horrible in 1.05

Im back playing 2013 as you expect and also working on an update to every 4 years.

That's always been my biggest issue, too - when scoring is a formality, it will always be joyless. I scored with a header last week that didn't even go in the direction I was aiming it (or made sense given the contact), and there was absolutely zero excitement about it for me. My only reaction was "that was stupid", the complete polar-opposite to how it used to feel to score a goal in PES.

I also hit a shot straight at the keeper from 30 yards out using the manual shot arrow (which I love, and I wish FIFA would pinch it), but for no reason whatsoever, the keeper decided to dive out of the way of it.

Given what little difference the patches are making at this point, I think it's fair to say Konami aren't hearing us, or don't care. It's all downhill from here. I 100% blame the reviewers (after Konami themselves, obviously).

Don't know if it will make any difference to you are anyone here, but I play on level 1 passing and manual shooting. That's the closest I got to anything that gives me back the good ol' scoring feeling of the PS2 days. I jump out of my seat and react every time I score. This is on PES 2015 btw.

Yes, it is. It is not easily explainable, and I certainly don't know why. But the game, out of the box, with just the updates installed, is very good.

Smooth, with proper animation transitions, and intelligent AI compared to the mess the game becomes when any imported kits and emblems are placed into the game's framework.

I really don't know what to say, but I'll do this; I'll play vanilla 2016 on another account and see how it compares. I'd like to experience it myself.

Klashman do you really think 1.05 has improved the game? For me it's ruined it ..I've had a lot of keystone cops moments where everybody is running into each other, one game was actualy the worst game I've ever had on any Pes. . a muddled up pile of stodgy crap where neither me or the Ai were allowed to attack or string 3 passes together. . shocking stuff. And now instead of stopping you running through the middle they wait til you're in the box and about 5 players stampede towards you like maniacs sliding and hacking. .. and I think the scripting and no fouls has gotten worse.

Same. I have even completely lost the motivation to upload more tactics this year, I'll just keep what I did in stock, do EURO 2016 and the Copa America and use what I've done hopefully in next years game.

1.05 has actually improved the game but not enough and its so, so basic and arcade like, all you do is run and shoot, its so repetitive and the AI cheating which wasn't an issue in 1.03 which made the game really fun despite being basic is horrible in 1.05

Im back playing 2013 as you expect and also working on an update to every 4 years.

how is 2016 more basic than 2013 ? I really see alot of depth in 2016 when the game is played properly.

Heh and I'm back working on my PES5 option file. I guess I'll see you next year Klash :COAT:

Don't know if it will make any difference to you are anyone here, but I play on level 1 passing and manual shooting. That's the closest I got to anything that gives me back the good ol' scoring feeling of the PS2 days. I jump out of my seat and react every time I score. This is on PES 2015 btw.

Lami I was playing the same way. There has been a few fist pumping moments but then I started thinking that shooting is still over powered. When I miss the target it's always just wide or just over. Playing on PES5 or 2013, if it goes just wide it's always an "oh that was close" moment and 9 times out of 10 it deserves a replay to see how close it was. But there is also the glaring misses or the ones that go out for a throw in because your striker wasn't positioned properly or used his weaker foot.

It happened for a while in 2015 until I got used to manual shooting, now it's always just wide, just over, or on target. It's the lack of 'randomness' in the newer games that I also don't like. In PES5 I still have moments when I laugh out loud because of something random but still realistic happening.

I can't believe you're even going to entertain the idea..

Heh, well, what have I got to lose.

Lami I was playing the same way. There has been a few fist pumping moments but then I started thinking that shooting is still over powered. When I miss the target it's always just wide or just over. Playing on PES5 or 2013, if it goes just wide it's always an "oh that was close" moment and 9 times out of 10 it deserves a replay to see how close it was. But there is also the glaring misses or the ones that go out for a throw in because your striker wasn't positioned properly or used his weaker foot.

It happened for a while in 2015 until I got used to manual shooting, now it's always just wide, just over, or on target. It's the lack of 'randomness' in the newer games that I also don't like. In PES5 I still have moments when I laugh out loud because of something random but still realistic happening.

Looks like we're in the same boat apart from I'm still in the first phase of still enjoying it. When I reach the 'just wide, just over, or on target' phase I know I'll jump on to another version.

I really do miss these mis-kicks and wrong-foot-kick moments too. I always had to have the player body positioned right, make sure he's shooting with the proper foot and with enough space and ball distance from foot to get the best shot out. That is probably one of the best reasons why we enjoyed the goals we scored. They weren't just a blind press-shoot-from-anywhere-with-any-foot-from-any-angle situation. There isn't much real thought going into shooting and scoring nowadays.

PES 2016 is a great game, in a few years it will be remembered like PES 2013 is today.

I think it is man. I play league mode offline on full manual and it is not easy to walk through defense with ease or score on every shot on goal as others are experiencing, Pace seems balanced to me (I like pes 2015 pace more though) game is just good despite few issues.

I think it is man. I play league mode offline on full manual and it is not easy to walk through defense with ease or score on every shot on goal as others are experiencing, Pace seems balanced to me (I like pes 2015 pace more though) game is just good despite few issues.

I felt it was too fast I had to drop it to -2.

:LMAO:

Surely, that's why a lot of people are still playing pes 5/6 ?
That's just plain wrong.

think alot of people still like those older games cos u earned your space with the ball depending who was controlling it as well as earning space to have a shot on goal, these days its cheesey and no satisfaction in those areas i mentioned, that to me is what old pes is about, those areas of satisfaction deteriorated and pes 17 will finalise which direction the game is heading, cos now they dont have any excuses, this is it.

Klashman do you really think 1.05 has improved the game? For me it's ruined it ..I've had a lot of keystone cops moments where everybody is running into each other, one game was actualy the worst game I've ever had on any Pes. . a muddled up pile of stodgy crap where neither me or the Ai were allowed to attack or string 3 passes together. . shocking stuff. And now instead of stopping you running through the middle they wait til you're in the box and about 5 players stampede towards you like maniacs sliding and hacking. .. and I think the scripting and no fouls has gotten worse.

Yeah, the AI defend better as in 'All out defence' tactic is not broken anymore. It actually works in a more balanced way, just everything else as a result becomes basic, horrible and shit.

So the one and only positive in 1.05 is that Konami have sorted all the major issues apart from the tron running and basic movement/run/dribble mechanic.

The potential is there, but the movement must be the number 1 priority next year.

For what it's worth I have switched to using all out defence in the last few ML games i've played and wow, it actually worked! I've had a tough ML season getting trounced using it originally so i switched to frontline pressure which alleviated the GA tally a litle bit but now I have switched back my defence are much more solid.

I need to play against an AI team that uses it though because just before the patch i played against Newcastle who were using it and it was pretty much "welcome to our six-yard box, please take a shot won't you"

For what it's worth I have switched to using all out defence in the last few ML games i've played and wow, it actually worked! I've had a tough ML season getting trounced using it originally so i switched to frontline pressure which alleviated the GA tally a litle bit but now I have switched back my defence are much more solid.

I need to play against an AI team that uses it though because just before the patch i played against Newcastle who were using it and it was pretty much "welcome to our six-yard box, please take a shot won't you"

Lol

Looks like we're in the same boat apart from I'm still in the first phase of still enjoying it. When I reach the 'just wide, just over, or on target' phase I know I'll jump on to another version.

I really do miss these mis-kicks and wrong-foot-kick moments too. I always had to have the player body positioned right, make sure he's shooting with the proper foot and with enough space and ball distance from foot to get the best shot out. That is probably one of the best reasons why we enjoyed the goals we scored. They weren't just a blind press-shoot-from-anywhere-with-any-foot-from-any-angle situation. There isn't much real thought going into shooting and scoring nowadays.

I hope you remain in that phase and continue to enjoy it and I hope I haven't spoilt your gaming experience by pointing out the "just wide, just over, or on target" phase. ;)

I played a couple of games today on PES5 and exactly what you said happened. I was running through the middle of the park with Dembele and I had a shot but because I pressed the power slightly too much and maybe because the defender was closing him down it went well high and wide. Yet if it went in it would have been a "fist in the air" moment. On the new games they mostly hit the target.

Back
Top Bottom