PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

It's supposed to be like that. They only want to depict the competition in fair weather conditions.

Yeah, I personally never really understood why it is such a must for some to play a match with bad weather conditions. I prefer the opposite. But I do agree that the option should be there for those that do.

Ok, finally tired this new patch and i really don't see any significant gameplay changes.

Seems exactly the same.

Fouls seem the same which some people said where happening more.

I quit playing the game for about a week now, things was just not feeling right and just realized that I have been playing with the 1.02 exe all the time, because I was trying out yair's older gameplay patch.

I switched back to the 1.03 patch, having fun with it so far. The changes are there. Fouls might be quite random, sometimes you get a lot sometimes you don't, it could even be placebo.

But the changes that are quite clear is manual passing is more assisted, before the patch I use to struggle a lot with manual passing, but after the patch it is more controlled I enjoy it more this way.

The headers are also improved, usually on manual shooting, it is so difficult to score headers, the ball usually will float over the bar, but after the new patch the players can head hard balls towards goal. I even see the AI blasting mid hight hard shots from outside the box.

I quit playing the game for about a week now, things was just not feeling right and just realized that I have been playing with the 1.02 exe all the time, because I was trying out yair's older gameplay patch.

I switched back to the 1.03 patch, having fun with it so far. The changes are there. Fouls might be quite random, sometimes you get a lot sometimes you don't, it could even be placebo.

But the changes that are quite clear is manual passing is more assisted, before the patch I use to struggle a lot with manual passing, but after the patch it is more controlled I enjoy it more this way.

The headers are also improved, usually on manual shooting, it is so difficult to score headers, the ball usually will float over the bar, but after the new patch the players can head hard balls towards goal. I even see the AI blasting mid hight hard shots from outside the box.

The game is much better since the patch. . .games are very entertaining, I haven't had a bad game yet everything seems more open and unpredictable.

I know everybody's moaning about low shots but I've seen a good variety of attacking and goals from the Cpu, some great goals actually. Probably some of you aren't giving it a chance e.g you're hoping for no low shots or lots of fouls and if it doesn't happen after 2 games you turn it off.

My biggest gripe is that there's no penos for the user at all and very few for the Cpu. I think if they fixed penos had more fouls. .less low shots and no running through the middle easily we could be happy.

The game is much better since the patch. . .games are very entertaining, I haven't had a bad game yet everything seems more open and unpredictable.

I know everybody's moaning about low shots but I've seen a good variety of attacking and goals from the Cpu, some great goals actually. Probably some of you aren't giving it a chance e.g you're hoping for no low shots or lots of fouls and if it doesn't happen after 2 games you turn it off.

My biggest gripe is that there's no penos for the user at all and very few for the Cpu. I think if they fixed penos had more fouls. .less low shots and no running through the middle easily we could be happy.

Whats changed since the patch because i played one friendly and then went back to a league mode with my tactics on, nothing really seemed different, just hat the friendly was very fun to play and a enjoyable 4-2 win for me using the default settings and the league mode was just extremely hard and I was thumped 4-0 by west ham using Palace.

The friendly did seem quite open to be honest.

Whats changed since the patch because i played one friendly and then went back to a league mode with my tactics on, nothing really seemed different, just hat the friendly was very fun to play and a enjoyable 4-2 win for me using the default settings and the league mode was just extremely hard and I was thumped 4-0 by west ham using Palace.

The friendly did seem quite open to be honest.

I'm using the self editing for midfielders, goalies and formations that you suggested yourself. I complained about the patch the first couple of matches because it felt assisted even on manual passing and shooting which I use. I noticed passing, crossing and shooting and headers are more accurate and shots have more power. I don't see any difference in fouls being awarded if anything the refs are even more tolerant of tackles.

The midfield battles are better and the ai's defence is more aggressive as in tackling and closing you down . . .there are matches with 0-0 or 1-0 and also end to end goalfests which is actually great fun. Btw I'm on Professional level and playing Master league.

I think the game is amazing this year personally. I am waiting for something which adds unlimited stadiums, like the stadium server and kit server we used to have in 2006.

I think they have gone back to PES 06, this is the closest it's come apart for some of the cameras missing.

I'm using the self editing for midfielders, goalies and formations that you suggested yourself. I complained about the patch the first couple of matches because it felt assisted even on manual passing and shooting which I use. I noticed passing, crossing and shooting and headers are more accurate and shots have more power. I don't see any difference in fouls being awarded if anything the refs are even more tolerant of tackles.

The midfield battles are better and the ai's defence is more aggressive as in tackling and closing you down . . .there are matches with 0-0 or 1-0 and also end to end goalfests which is actually great fun. Btw I'm on Professional level and playing Master league.

Oh ok, cool, yeah I just haven't got time too much till probably christmas to make more tactics but this is coupled with my disappointment with the fiasco off the pitch with the squad update which is why i have chose not to do much and just focus on life and work.

With the tactics setup properly its a different video game, its 'hard' to say the least on superstar.

Oh ok, cool, yeah I just haven't got time too much till probably christmas to make more tactics but this is coupled with my disappointment with the fiasco off the pitch with the squad update which is why i have chose not to do much and just focus on life and work.

With the tactics setup properly its a different video game, its 'hard' to say the least on superstar.

Tactics or no tactics the patch has improved the game.

disagree dude, the game is even worse now, especially being able to run through defenses with CB.

The fixed tactics will without a doubt fix the easy diagonal runs, but its best to note he is playing on pro and i think your on superstar.

I could barely get a shot away the midfield was a minefield vs West Ham.

It really is not worse. I dont think it was bad in the first place.

The game this year is very good.

If you play against AI a lot (like me I dont play online) you know how to exploit. Because game programmers cannot program proper AI, they never do. Video games don't have really intelligent AI because it would take a long time to program, so programmers concentrate on the graphical aspects. It doesn't matter if it's Yairpatch or Konami, you can ALWAYS exploit computers because they have no intuition like human beings.

But this does not mean the game is bad, it's in fact the best for a long time.

I play Superstar, all manual, and matches against rival and some lower teams are still impossible (yes, I also win 6-2 on superstar).

Last edited:
The fixed tactics will without a doubt fix the easy diagonal runs, but its best to note he is playing on pro and i think your on superstar.

I could barely get a shot away the midfield was a minefield vs West Ham.

I agree when the ball is given to your midfielders it's tough cos u get closed down hard, but when you give the ball to your CB, there's a glitch in the game where you can run with your centre back doing diagonal runs and making your way to the other end of the pitch, regardless of tactics, major turn off for me.

Online scripting is still in full force. Konami won't allow you to win games consecutively. It makes players stats completely redundant. I suppose they try to balance out for lesser players.

Sorry if this is sounding vain or narcissistic but some games you lose against pretty pathetic players because Konami wants them to. Can't figure out what the trigger is.

I agree when the ball is given to your midfielders it's tough cos u get closed down hard, but when you give the ball to your CB, there's a glitch in the game where you can run with your centre back doing diagonal runs and making your way to the other end of the pitch, regardless of tactics, major turn off for me.

Ok, your about 20% right in regards to tactics

Yes, there is a glitch where if you do diagonal runs you can move up the pitch unchallenged.

But thankfully, no, tactics do fix this bug.

Basically i tired this vs Watford just now and i get to about the halfway line then there just no space whatsoever.

This again shows just how totally fucked up Konami's defaults are.

Game finished 0-0 by the way, something has changed in the gamelay since that was finally the most 'serious' match I've played on PES 2016 where there where only 2 half chances all game.

Really just shows what a total fuck up and shambles this game has been offline when the gameplay relies so heavily on tactics and they are setup so, so poorly without proper testing.

I played online last night and it felt very fast, did they revert back to pre patch speed?? It was so good last week.

Myclub is annoying now that the servers are strained. I am not talking during the match but everytime the "establishing communication" icon appears it takes forever. Konami are aware of it and it seems it's due to the free myclub mode they released. So now peiple who paid for the game must suffer. Not cool at all.

Myclub is annoying now that the servers are strained. I am not talking during the match but everytime the "establishing communication" icon appears it takes forever. Konami are aware of it and it seems it's due to the free myclub mode they released. So now peiple who paid for the game must suffer. Not cool at all.

It is disgrace that people like myself who were enjoying playing MyClub have had their experience totally ruined because Konami decided to go free to play without investing in servers which could cope. At the moment MyClub is unplayable, it is taking around 5 minutes to log in and then a couple of minutes to do even basic stuff like changing squad etc.

I like PES16 gameplay but this coupled with the rosters cock up has left my almost ready to give up PES and Konami.

after maintenance this morning the loading times are luckely like before they started the free myclub ,hope it stays this way now.

Absolutely agree. I've played half a dozen games with the new 1.04 patch and I'm having an absolute ball. The passing, shooting & headers have all been fixed, and the AI play very randomly. I've scored, and had scored against me, a variety of different types of goals. I've seen more fouls given against the AI and even seen one AI player sent off for two book-ables. The update has definitely addressed a lot of issues and, although I don't want to speak too soon, the old PES 'jump up out of your seat' feeling seems to have returned. Finding it hard to fault the update to be honest.

Absolutely agree. I've played half a dozen games with the new 1.04 patch and I'm having an absolute ball. The passing, shooting & headers have all been fixed, and the AI play very randomly. I've scored, and had scored against me, a variety of different types of goals. I've seen more fouls given against the AI and even seen one AI player sent off for two book-ables. The update has definitely addressed a lot of issues and, although I don't want to speak too soon, the old PES 'jump up out of your seat' feeling seems to have returned. Finding it hard to fault the update to be honest.
Yeah had a blast last night as well. Lots of ooh aah moments. AI attack still needs lots of work though.

Online or offline against like minded people is amazing as well.

Hi guys, are you both on PS4? I've played a few games on PS3 since the patch and it's still low shots from the CPU. Maybe I have to play a bit more as you say Deco.

Hi guys, are you both on PS4? I've played a few games on PS3 since the patch and it's still low shots from the CPU. Maybe I have to play a bit more as you say Deco.

I'm on PS3 geeeeee. .it depends on which way you play and defend, if you can stop them marauding into the box with the 1 2's they will try other avenues. I've had some great goals scored against me . .. I certainly wouldn't let "low shots" put me off enjoying the game.

Back
Top Bottom