PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

no i mean that the konami give you the option to take control of one player of your team (if not does not continue) and in the game you cann't switch to other player of your team, your control only one of your starting eleven you are sitting and watch

no i mean that the konami give you the option to take control of one player of your team (if not does not continue) and in the game you cann't switch to other player of your team, your control only one of your starting eleven you are sitting and watch

Thats not ML, that's BAL. Unless you chose to control only 1 player in ML?

no is ml
and give no other option
try it and tell me if i mistaking and tell me the wright way

Have you possibly selected "Coop match - On" then "Role control" when you started ML? That's the only thing I can imagine you've done. When you get to the "Coop Match Settings" screen, if you select "Coop match - On" then make sure the next option you select "Normal" and not "Role Control".

See here https://youtu.be/5270RGwsgUI?t=268.

It is amazing, the problem in pes the broadcast camera zooms in in certain areas of the pitch.. the should of made an option to disable this auto zoom thing. I use customs 1,2,10 its a bit like broadcast

Yes don't know who came up with the the zoom in option/cut scene idea, it is just plain stupid. They should get rid of it.

Don't agree. Today i played online matches and games looks ice. No lags and keepers seems better much better.

They changed keepers online. Right now they reaction are more agressive and better AI. I quess they changed setting on superstar. I feel it. I like them because they seems like human not a super human. No lags in divisions. I wait for gameplay patch to make better keepers positioning and a little bit slow pace. If they nailed in this area this game will be amazing,

And improvments on collision detection system.

I noticed this as well bit thought it came down to my keepers team affinity. Helton had blunder after blunder but now I can actually expect him to make a game saver. Was one looped header in particular that he jumped and parried away spectacularly

I suppose none of these ninja-changes have landed on PC servers yet, right? Could anyone with access to both console and PC version make some kind of comparison?

I would be fascinated to see your data... seriously. Please post the results of your tests. Because others have tested this extensively and come to the opposite conclusion. Including - for what it's worth - people who work for Konami (who heard about this crap years ago and checked it out, just in case).

Look, I'm not trying to be snarky, but every year there are a couple of people trying to spread this stuff, and like it's a bloody plague. One game of PES is completely different to another, we all know that, right? Sometimes it's smooth as cream, other times you feel like you're playing on a swamp in a tornado. Same teams, same conditions, everything. It's all part of the "magic" of PES. Now, there are countless people here - as there are every year - telling you that what you're experiencing is just this kind of fluctuation in gameplay, and they've noticed no consistent problems with imported kits. None whatsoever. People like me, who are ancient, and have been playing PES games since the 1990s, and have heard this stuff year after year...

Well, a very small minority have "reported" this... and they've all been wrong. And what's more, lots of them have made completely nonsensical claims like "it defaults to a beta version" or "there are fewer animations" which just makes it clear that they have absolutely no idea what the hell they're talking about. I'm not exactly a top programmer, but I know enough about how computer games work to tell you right now, this stuff is garbage. It's not "a fact" at all.

What is POSSIBLE is that the game could become more sluggish and maybe slightly less responsive - nothing more than that - because of the strain of dealing with imported images, but this would only really make sense if the kits were a.) higher res than the in-game kits, or b.) in a different format. I'm pretty sure that b.) is not true, and I don't know about a.) (we've all noticed that imported kits look fuzzier in-game than native kits, and I dunno what's going on there). But the console loads the kits at the beginning of the game - I'm pretty sure it doesn't keep having to read them from the hard drive - so in theory even this shouldn't be a problem. And indeed, it doesn't seem to be a problem. For 99% of people.

If you want to play without the imported kits, and you're sure it makes a difference, that's cool. But most people disagree, so please don't go around insisting that this is a "fact" and acting like there must be something wrong with the rest of us.

It would probably also be nice if you didn't keep trying to hook more impressionable readers on this weird placebo, so they end up playing with crappy brown-and-orange striped Konami kits for the rest of their lives, telling themselves it's better this way. But I suppose that's their look-out. I'll stick with the nice kits, anyway, thanks.

Good post and I totally get what you are saying and where you are coming from. All I would say is I'm sure there isn't a single member of the PES community that wants this to be true, but they are just going off what their eyes and fingers and the feel of the game are telling them.

I want to be convinced and certian that there are no differences as I am sure we all do, but I am still testing the game back and forth between the versions whilst we wait on this patch at the end of the month as I am not starting an ML without it, so it gives me some time to test while I wait.

I do feel that something is 'off' in the Edited version, some smoothness lost in animation, scrolling or the fluidity of the game and its response. Players never feel as light or quick to follow movements of just basic left stick control inputs in the Edited game, I feel I am fighting the controls always a little more in the Edited game, it just doesn't feel as effortlessly smooth but instead just a bit more laboured overall.

Now before anyone goes off on me, just understand one thing .... I WANT to be WRONG about this I really do and come the end of the month I would love nothing more than to be convinced and crack on with playing the edited version with the new updates and gameplay changes ... But again it is hard to ignore what your sight and senses are telling you when playing both versions.

Also this feeling is the present even when using default Licensed kit teams that are in both versions - so it may have something to do with the loading of edit data as a whole. The kit edited version loads 'edit data' upon starting the game whereas the untouched default game doesn't load it.

I know some think there is no way Konami would allow something so simple as some .PNG or Edit data file to affect the game but I don't share the same confidence in Konami.

There are a few weird anomalies in the game already like the bright and visually jarring 'green flash' of the brightness changing you get every time you take a goal kick and the view changes back to pitch view in certain stadiums, this also happens when cycling views in the replay mode.

This brightness fluctuation seems to be something from the FOX engine that Konami haven't tailored right to fit their PES game engine. Anyone who has played MGS V will recognise the adaptive brightness from that game/engine as it kicks in every time Snake goes from a dark hut back out to bleached bright Afghan daylight.

Most developers would have sorted this out as it looks terrible and amateurish and screams lack of polish, I don't expect Naughty Dog or Rockstar North type polish in a PES game but some things are just left in unaddressed.

So in essence it would not surprise me if Konami had noticed that edit changes could possibly affect smoothness or fluidity but didn't know how to fix it or got it to a point it's not widely noticed.

As always with Konami, anything is possible.

Could we index them and how so?

Yes. I use PNGoo. You can download it at https://pngquant.org. Scroll down a bit and you'll find the PNGoo link to download it. It's pretty straight forward really. Just add your kit files to the program and create the new indexed ones by hitting the "go" button(I run it a couple of times) at the bottom right corner. When you are done(it took 4-5 mins to do the EPL kits for me), put the new indexed kits in the USB stick, delete the ones you have in your game and import the new ones. 500kb+ files become 250 or less, so it basically cuts the size in half and sometimes even more. It makes the kits much lighter. At the end, my 18.7mb EPL kits folder became something like a 7.8mb folder. Most PES6 editors use this to optimize their work.

PS: Backup your edit file beforehand, just in case.

Last edited:
Yes. I use PNGoo. You can download it at https://pngquant.org. Scroll down a bit and you'll find the PNGoo link to download it. It's pretty straight forward really. Just add your kit files to the program and create the new indexed ones by hitting the "go" button(I run it a couple of times) at the bottom right corner. When you are done(it took 4-5 mins to do the EPL kits for me), put the new indexed kits in the USB stick, delete the ones you have in your game and import the new ones. 500kb+ files become 250 or less, so it basically cuts the size in half and sometimes even more. It makes the kits much lighter. At the end, my 18.7mb EPL kits folder became something like a 7.8mb folder. Most PES6 editors use this to optimize their work.

thx, and does it help within the game?

For all those people complaining about the goalkeepers, check out the link below, pes ain't realistic enough, the last goal massive glitch

http://youtu.be/rNCaHBqAxXc

But then you don't expect a goalkeeper like Bravo to make such ridiculous mistakes in real life. Do you?

I have numerous examples, even where Petr Cech punches a dead ball into the goal trying to save an easy goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0G8Z4qYwmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2sDsUXP6Q

Ok so if I was at a football pitch and tried to backheel the ball to a teammate and instead backheeled it into the stands, it was a laser perfect pass and just my heel was inaccurate? :D Nah, I'm just having a laugh.

The point is that you want the players to make less accurate passes, right? So you go to zero bars pass assistance and that is what will happen. I have not touched anything above zero pass assistance for years.
I hope you were having a laugh. Your example bears no relation to what I'm talking about. Where I aim the stick with my thumb does not change in any way whether I'm using Pirlo or Lee Cattermole. It's the same stick. It's the same thumb.

Zero assistance is NOT the fix to a problem where passing is too accurate. Just as it was not a solution when David Rutter of EA told one of us Evo-Webbers, someone who complained that there was no passing error FIFA 11/12 (I think), to 'try playing with manual controls :-)'. It doesn't change the fact that passing inaccuracy, whichever player and whichever controls you are using, is not in the game. Not to an extent where individuality is significant. Passing error in PES 2016 follows the same model as it was in FIFA 11, when EA first put passing error into their game. Slightly weaker or stronger, but with no change in direction. We at EW weren't happy then, and we shouldn't be now.

... next year im hoping Konami add to the manualisation (I know its not a word) of the game where you can get greater control of your keeper in one on one situations, and where reaction of dive left or right has much to do with user input. I know you can get manual control of your keep now, but there aren't many options. A suggestion would be the left controller controls player positioning, while rightstick controls dive direction. Or maybe circle dives to right and square to left, while a double tap on either button makes the keeper stick a leg out for the low to the ground saves (that keeper are having trouble with currently)on that particular side. Knowing that you've pulled off a save manually would be very satisfying.. there just needs to be more functionality in what you can actually do. That's what I like about fifa, there is so much more that you can actually do - if you choose to do it. You have the option. Im hoping with year's effort increasing functionality in celebrations for example, this means that konami are on the track to increasing functionality in other areas.

Speaking of celebrations, wish you had the option of doing a players signature celebration in the view your playing the game, ie. no close up, and instead in the view as the Triangle or square celebrations. I do think konami will add a whole heap of new options for celebrations next year, as it seems this years was a bit of a rush job to introduce a new feature.

But then you don't expect a goalkeeper like Bravo to make such ridiculous mistakes in real life. Do you?

I have numerous examples, even where Petr Cech punches a dead ball into the goal trying to save an easy goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0G8Z4qYwmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2sDsUXP6Q

claudio bravo real life, shit happens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...owler-goalkeeper-s-debut.html#v-3717741986001

my point is, if this happened to a class keeper in PES, people would be constantly complaining the keepers are broken, cos they cant make a simple catch

Last edited:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...owler-goalkeeper-s-debut.html#v-3717741986001

my point is, if this happened to a class keeper in PES, people would be constantly complaining the keepers are broken, cos they cant make a simple catch

I think the biggest issue with PES over the last few years is not the kind of mistakes they make (which sometimes is an issue) but moreso their animation which makes them look like they were never going to save the shot. They look really scripted and unconvincing. I'd rather see a keeper flat footed or move the wrong way than just flop to his side with his arm deliberately held back so he can't reach the shot.

I'm more than happy for mistakes from all players to be in a game, as long as they look convincing and realistic.

Anybody know whats happened to the pesgaming site? It seems to redirect you to namecheap or you can't connect to it. I was relying on them for option files for Ps3.

Played the game a lot at the weekend and am enjoying it.

Few things they need to sort out

its not important but the goal celebration is rubbish. The players sprint off and even though you are pressing the buttons the player stops, starts to jog and then runs off. Needs to be smoother.

Collision system - good idea but its not quite right. When a player gets barged off the ball in real life he doesn't just stop like me switching something electrical off.

Other than that im liking it.

For the first time I played a serious match online ( rather than a teamplay match as I did before ). I am shocked by the high speed in 1 vs 1 online.
If you are not used to that, you completely loose control. Maybe my age has to do with it too.
But 1 vs 1 online is way faster than off line matches.
I played another Dutch guy and the connection was very good, no lag at all.
Maybe the netcode expected a slower connection, in which case the speed of the match might be slower as well, I don't know, but as it was in this match it got nothing to do with real life speed football..

Last edited:

That happening on rare occasions is understandable. But a keeper who guards the goal for arguably the best team of last season isn't expected to miss such easy ones so often. These are just two times i felt like recording that stuff, it happens repeatedly, with any goalkeeper in game.

Interesting, and thanks for the post. I will probably test this out at some point, but in my experience the problem affects all teams in the game once any kits are applied, whether they are licensed or not.

Back
Top Bottom