PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

As someone who is just editing keepers ahead of exhibition match play (annoying!) while awaiting roster updates and hopefully dome other wee tweaks and enhancements I can say I love this game. It is proving do mich more a flecible, varied affair game-to-game compared to FIFA, which I have given a good shot.

It is not perfect, has its issues, but, in my opinion, the reviews are spot on in rating this game higher than FIFA. PES2016 is a game with... and I know many will hate this, arcade sensibilities, but the depth is absolutely there.

Have to say after flicking between the 2 games I agree.
I havent tweaked keeper stats and they do have their issues but i can ignore them.
pes16 finally wins me for this year and fifa16 will be used by my son.

Are you sure they're not slight differences between US and AUS versions?

That's the thing, there are so many variables :) So really, its hard thing to test for, but with so many talking about it, there's gotta be some truth to it. I find the whole thing interesting.. and why not discuss it here. What else are we gonna talk about for the next 2.5 weeks.
Anyways, I kept everything the same (teams, stadium, weather, ball, level, time etc)except of course for the versions, us vs aust. Providing both versions are the same, which I think they are, there is a slight difference in speed. I could test more, but to be honest im loving this game so much, Id prefer to play it for enjoyment. As bad as konami is re updates, im currently playing exclusively exhibition games, so im loving the r3 live update you can do. Just had the best game with Zenith v ????? Brazilian team I cannot think of. The only edits ive done are for the defenders and mids with jimi's recommendations of destroyer and tracking back etc. Love it. The added pressure is great.

Regarding keepers, are you guys doing any edits that make a big difference. I do find that using Triangle to get my keeper out as soon as I sense a one on one, and having some success. But don't get him too far out... to prevent being chipped.. I let go of the triangle in that half way zone. Anyways, please please please.. this and fouls.. if the new patch fixes both.. ill be ecstatic..

I saw very big potencial in this game one month ago when most hete it. This game is very,very good in many areas. I don't see nothing strange that Pes score 88% in metacritics. Animations,collisions, net physcics( yes net physics much,much better than in Fifa), ball physics, footplanting, players models, faces, kits, dynamic camera are amazing! Of course issues are exist in Pes 2016 but game is awesome. Love it. Give us in patch better keepers positiong, a little bit slow pace and this game will be the best football game a have ever played.

Last edited:
Jumped back over to it after a couple of weeks of Fifa, last night. Took me about 3 games or so but I remembered why I loved it the week of release.

Every game was different - losing games I could have (and should have) won, winning games I didn't deserve to. Hammering teams by 3 or 4 goals, and getting hammered myself against the best teams. No messing with sliders and each game played differently.

That offline update just needs to hurry the hell up.

Couldn't care less to be honest...i do the kits myself.

Most people here will find them awfull, but to me they are fine.

I am from a time where Subbuteo was the summum of fotball simulation, ...besides at the moment, me and my family have real worrying issues regarding one of our kids...kind of helps to put things in perspective.

I've seen a litle bit too many of these discussions and there is a lot of snobbism and an aspect of "my dick is longer than yours" in them. It isn't good for your street credibility if you don't play manual. It's even worse if you are too positive about the game. Well, i tried manual and it's too difficult for me. I love the game like it is. My dick is definitely shorter than most dicks here, but i'm having a blast... and i could'nt care less about my street credibilty.

Don't take this personal, but i'm getting tired of all those would be hardcore intellectual gamers...read a book or go and play real football. I know this is politically very incorrect because this is supposed to be a discussion thread, but most of the discussions seem scripts for very satirical televison programs (including what i write).

I'm sorry for this rant, but it feels like some kind of relief and all i'm writing is totally out of proportion.

Fair points mate and I hope everything is ok with your child. Stay positive. Peace.

scored a beauty. highly unrealistic but i'll take it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Kh30lxYm0

Sorry pal that goal is not so great lol its weirdly spectacular and bad at the same time. No offence intended.

Lastnight I played against my Online compadre in Poland and The connection was flawless. It was 2 of the best games I have played on this year's game. The first was 1-0 and second 0-2. In the 2nd I went 3-6-1 formation and was horribly exposed out wide.

If this game can consistently deliver this online experience it would get back to its absolute best. Which IMO is PES 2011

Last edited:
Look, whether the word 'beta' is brought into the conversation or not, the gameplay is simply not as consistent an experience when these kits are imported. It feels like a downgraded or earlier version, hence my usage of that word. The players are clunkier, the response time is slightly off, and of course transition animations missing. Added to this are some games feeling lightning fast, and you can tell when you're involved in those games that it should not be like that.

You do realise that this is just PES, right? Different matches feel different - sometimes frustratingly so - for no reason at all? I played this version for several weeks without importing any kits, and all the things you mention were already happening then... as they've happened in pretty much every PES for the last ten years.

Better still would be recognition from Konami, but that won't happen, particularly as there is not a consensus.

Particularly as it's bollocks, you mean.

Last edited:
hahah ... surely some match-fixing going on there :P

That´s what I though too :D

Been playing this last weekend and carried on with the ML I started.
I really enjoyed it (full manual) until I had those low scoring past the slow-falling keeper goals again.

That really annoys me and is very close to game-breaking for me.

And it´s not like that the GK are totally shit, they really have some nice spectacular saves.

It´s just that one animation that bugs me quite a lot.

So far it´s only this.
I even can overlook that less-fouls problem.
In fact I was fouled by the cpu a few times...so that´s cool even if there´s still room for improvement.

You do realise that this is just PES, right? Different matches feel different - sometimes frustratingly so - for no reason at all? I played this version for several weeks without importing any kits, and all the things you mention were already happening then... as they've happened in pretty much every PES for the last ten years.

Particularly as it's bollocks, you mean.

Incendiary 'riposte'... check! What a surprise, and from you of all people? Say it ain't so.

You don't agree with what I'm saying, whatever! I also fully disagree with your own assertion that the game isn't more stable without the bloody kits. Which IS a load of old, crusty, bollocks in and of itself.

I am glad I am not psychologically tortured by the subtle variances some people see in the game playing with kits vs no kits. I just do not see how I can spend more time testing the game more than I actually play it. It is also interesting that people findings are just different. Many say the kits make the game slower and not as responsive and other report that it plays faster with the kits!!!

What I can say is that within the same game session, Kits on no kits, game speed ad player response vary each game (on the same speed settings)

Anyone fancy a pint?
rTniAax.jpg

To get the best and most responsive gameplay you need to clear your cache, edit every team's kits to all white (no color! colors ruin the gameplay), and you have to play empty arena practice matches while keeping score on your own. This is the only way to play without the game being ruined.

(lol)

To get the best and most responsive gameplay you need to clear your cache, edit every team's kits to all white (no color! colors ruin the gameplay), and you have to play empty arena practice matches while keeping score on your own. This is the only way to play without the game being ruined.

(lol)
Exactly, besides, the only thing that matters is gameplay.

Incendiary 'riposte'... check! What a surprise, and from you of all people? Say it ain't so.

You don't agree with what I'm saying, whatever! I also fully disagree with your own assertion that the game isn't more stable without the bloody kits. Which IS a load of old, crusty, bollocks in and of itself.

glen, have you tried indexing the images method yet?

PES 2016 definitely features all national teams taking part in the Euro 2016. Now it will be interesting to see whether KONAMI manage to license all teams or half of them will be unlicensed like in the last DLC for FIFA 12.

Haven't yet had time man. But you said that it didn't make any difference ultimately though, correct?

Correct. I tried today again though and had a hard time spotting any differences this time. Maybe a little bit but I'm not 100% sure. That's why I would like someone else to try it as well...

Correct. I tried today again though and had a hard time spotting any differences this time. Maybe a little bit but I'm not 100% sure. That's why I would like someone else to try it as well...

When you say you had a hard time spotting any difference, I assume you mean that the game feels the same with indexed and non-indexed kits? That's a shame, because logically it made some sense that it could help performance, even if just a little.

When you say you had a hard time spotting any difference, I assume you mean that the game feels the same with indexed and non-indexed kits? That's a shame, because logically it made some sense that it could help performance, even if just a little.

I think it did help. I don't see that weird skipping frame "bug". But let us know what you think if you try it and see a difference.

I think it did help. I don't see that weird skipping frame "bug". But let us know what you think if you try it and see a difference.

Cool. I've created a WEPES folder with all emblems, kits, even manager faces indexed (:BLINK:), and will try it out tomorrow evening and let you know.

Can't believe some people still claim there's no difference in gameplay and animations with imported kits. If you don't have the eye for this detail, you probably also won't be noticing a lot of little animation nuances that PES 2016 has brought in.

Gameplay changes due to imported kits doesn't mean suddenly the AI is attacking better or crossing more or defenders tackling more often etc. Gameplay changes in this context only mean that the gameplay is impacted due to the slight loss of fluidity in animations.

Here's how you put an end to this imported kits debate.

Download all your kits, emblems and logos. Download the app called PNGOO or PNGYU. Compress all these PNG images into less than half the size. Now, import these into the game. No more delays in loading logos and emblems and no more sluggish animation due to imported kits. Tested successfully. Peace.

Can't believe some people still claim there's no difference in gameplay and animations with imported kits. If you don't have the eye for this detail, you probably also won't be noticing a lot of little animation nuances that PES 2016 has brought in.

hahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom