PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

That's not true. The CPU awards far more fouls in earlier PES games. I played PES 5 this morning and there was more fouls in one game than there are in 10 PES 2016 demo matches.

I think my cause for concern is fair - you seem to get agitated with anyone who doesn't give glowing feedback of this demo. It's annoying because the game could be so, so good. But it still feels a million miles away from where is should be - on my opinion of course :)

If we keep buying the game pretending that nothing is bad with it, then we will keep getting the same semi-complete package. Why would Konami have to make more of an effort if they assume everyone is happy with it? I refuse to spend £40-£50 on a football game where we don't get awarded free kicks.

All of this could be moot of course if the release version has addressed the many faults present in the demo.
I dont known style you play, difficulty, speed.
I today started playing demo - 1 speed, all manual, superstar, and got awarded 3 fouls on first game..i was roma against juve, i wish just a bit toned down shot power, everything else looks fine to me

I dont known style you play, difficulty, speed.
I today started playing demo - 1 speed, all manual, superstar, and got awarded 3 fouls on first game..i was roma against juve, i wish just a bit toned down shot power, everything else looks fine to me

I play exactly the same mate. -1 Speed, superstar, manual. I never get awarded fouls. I've actually forgotten the last time I got to take a free kick.

And I've never been awarded a penalty in this demo. Not once.

I play exactly the same mate. -1 Speed, superstar, manual. I never get awarded fouls. I've actually forgotten the last time I got to take a free kick.

And I've never been awarded a penalty in this demo. Not once.

In computer terms I would say you are in a loop!
You discussed this many many times before in this topic and now you start over again. < BREAK > :D

In computer terms I would say you are in a loop!
You discussed this many many times before in this topic and now you start over again. < BREAK > :D

Apologies for coming across like a broken record :))

I'm just frustrated. It could be such a good game, I really did have high hopes for this after reading the E3 feedback.

It's not the end of the world, The Phantom Pain will keep me going for a few months.

Fouls been the same for a few years now. Have you just started playing PES?

That's not true. The CPU awards far more fouls in earlier PES games. I played PES 5 this morning and there was more fouls in one game than there are in 10 PES 2016 demo matches.

I think my cause for concern is fair - you seem to get agitated with anyone who doesn't give glowing feedback of this demo. It's annoying because the game could be so, so good. But it still feels a million miles away from where is should be - on my opinion of course :)

If we keep buying the game pretending that nothing is bad with it, then we will keep getting the same semi-complete package. Why would Konami have to make more of an effort if they assume everyone is happy with it? I refuse to spend £40-£50 on a football game where we don't get awarded free kicks.

All of this could be moot of course if the release version has addressed the many faults present in the demo.

Few years now, as in last few games. PES 5 is 10 years ago!

PES 14 had more fouls, but they overdid it. PES 12 is probably the last game with somewhat realistic fouling. The CPU would actually foul to prevent you from starting a quick counter when you would gain possession your own 1/3.

There are fouls in 16, but you have to dribble around a lot to draw them. Which doesn't really make sense when you consider how easy it is to just pass it quickly from one end of the pitch to the other. The CPU just needs to make more bad/aggressive challenges.

Last edited:
btw i wanna thank a member here who mentioned the camera setting 6/2/6 cause because of this i am really enjoying this demo now.
they still need to tone down speed a bit.

That could have been me. Starting from Pitch Side camera then adjusting?

I've now been trying out Long Camera then adjusting to 7-2-5. Pretty good also :)

check out the latest post on Pesworld re Option Files

Q: Do we know yet how the kits will be imported in or if there is a singular option file yet?
I know there's more information to come in the next week I'm just curious that's all

A:Yeah we are just a few days away from finding out for sure.

At this point, each kit/emblem/squad update for example will have to be done manually (from what I understand the process of adding kits will be very easy)

We will give you the tools to do this, and as much stat information to create all the teams you want. But as it stands there is no way to take my information for example and send it to you for you to upload.

We of course hope very much that this changes before launch but it is looking more and more unlikely.

Hmmm... interesting.
Could you tell us who, supposedly, answer those questions? Does it come from an official Konami representative?.

I wouldn't mind to update the Premier League clubs one by one myself. But I will definetely leave the rest of the unlicensed leagues behind. At least during the first months.

Afterall what do we have to update?: Badges, Team Names and Kits. Right?. If we can load and import the badges and kits from a USB flashdrive then it'll be fairly easy. Doesn't seem like A LOT of hardwork. Even if we had to do it with each team independently one by one. It's not like the old PS1 times where we had to edit player names and stuff, just league badges, team badges, team names and kits. That's it. One... two days work max.

Talking about fouls, it would be nice to see the CPU do some professional fouls that would be added realism.

Imagine being through on goal and the CPU takes you down from behind. That would be a laugh out loud moment.

We all know we've done it online either against a pal or another online opponent :)

Im not talking about AI or defence response, as I agree both weren't great in pes2014. Response was a huge issue, although the patches did fix some of this - but not nearly to the standard of pes16. Im talking about the fact that animation wise, pes2014 looked far more realistic watching it on tv/youtube/whatever, than pes15 or 16. It had a real smoothness in the sequencing of animations. I think the demos of pes2014 were even better looking - but the reaction times were horrendous...

Yep

Animations are fantastic in that pes 2014 video, the sprinting with the ball animations are awesome, everything looks natural animation wise, while in pes 2016, unfortunetly, its painful to watch replays at times, its horrible how players leans their back, and those arms animations in the air when they are not making any contact, the robotic movement of the head etc.

Its depressing that good responsiveness means "downgraded" Animations for Konami,'it seems.

Last edited:
Today I played with the game plan settings and I'm going crazy at how much fun this is. They better not mess up the retail version because this demo is pretty fantastic. Just add fouls and we will be in for a fantastic game. Don't slow it down, we need the speed to counter online lag. If u you play offline you could just slow it down manually.

came earlier than i expected :)

so the level up and you can turn your members into trainers later are the new features.

one bad thing that at 1:07 i dont see all the abilities like last year after the demo yet again, where are the combined ones really?!

now cmon ML news!

One thing that stopped me last year was the ability to change to a formation you enjoy. I do like the randomness of the teams you come against

Master League news will come on Monday I think.

Yes, I expected that already. Just marketing-strategy. Monday is one day before EA get a lot of attention ( FIFA demo coming out ). From wednesday on, I expect a lot more info about the modes. It's all about distracting our attention from the FIFA-demo.

honestly i couldn't care less about the MyClub mode, i loved ML online from pes2011 and they completely ruined it.

in regards to ML, IMO
2011 was amazing
2012 -i skipped 2012 ML since i hated the game itself-
2013 was the last time it was great
2014 was ridiculously broken/incomplete
2015 was barely ok
I've been starving for a good ML mode for years!

:( No new features?

honestly i couldn't care less about the MyClub mode, i loved ML online from pes2011 and they completely ruined it.

in regards to ML, IMO
2011 was amazing
2012 -i skipped 2012 ML since i hated the game itself-
2013 was the last time it was great
2014 was ridiculously broken/incomplete
2015 was barely ok
I've been starving for a good ML mode for years!
It's the same with FIFA too, when I think of what both teams could do with their career modes (and Be A Legend/Pro) it makes me a saaaad panda.

Reserve leagues... Rivalries... U18/U21 callups and training with different players and coaches... Working with different managers... As a manager, truly pitting yourself against other managers and seeing/feeling the tactical shifts...

There's 100s of things that could be done with both games in terms of their career modes, from the complicated to the blindingly simple. It's horribly overlooked, but it's not monetised (other than the price of the actual game itself), so it's way down the priority list.

Considering where Football Manager is now, though - being able to have conversations with players, however primitive, which produce morale swings and even loyalty or disloyalty - I can't help but feel it's lazy.

This time ten years ago, I dreamt of Football Manager going 3D and allowing me to actually get a point across to the players - and here we are. Ten years ago, I also dreamt of a combined Football Manager and PES/FIFA game... So far, the career modes of both are just glorified league/cup modes.

Chris i completley agree, however i still prefer the PES model, though i wish they brought back the newgens like Kaiser, Schwarz and Chapi ect rather than just making Zlatan 16 again lol.

Are we ever going to get our customised managers appearing customised at pitchside? It was an immersion breaker in ML for me last time around seeing a generic one in the technical area during the match, whilst Noel Edmonds was there looking cosmic as fuck in the menus.

Are we ever going to get our customised managers appearing customised at pitchside? It was an immersion breaker in ML for me last time around seeing a generic one in the technical area during the match, whilst Noel Edmonds was there looking cosmic as fuck in the menus.

great idea

Back
Top Bottom