PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

well spoke to soon after my demoltion of shaktar and scoring all these wonder goals i lost next 3 games

1-0 bilbao
3-2 and 3-0 slovan bratislava

felt i wasnt trying as hard consiously as i was 'scared' to score easy goals..but still wasnt playing that bad...

Im thinking maybe jackson was red the first game as he has like 86 shot power so red woulda made him lethal..maybe that was the issue.

happy though that things got harder

not changed any shooting stuff put put passing to 2 bar...

Also anyone know why they removed the att/def thing thats always been a part of pes? seems its gone

U know attack, all out attack, etc

Mate if your getting the hang of assists, play the game on manual passing and superstar ul appreciate the individuality a lot more on manual.

Hey guys im from Australia on PS4 so playing online against europeans results in 1 second button delay/lag which makes the game unplayable. Rarely i get a decent connection with very little delay but not often enough (against europeans which is bizarre) Anyway would buying winning eleven (region 3 Asia) or even world soccer winning eleven japan with the Japanese servers give me a better online experience when it comes to button delay as asia is a lot closer to Australia than Europe? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to sped the price of a full game only for the same experience.. Thanks guys :)

Hi mate I'm having the exact same problem and is ruining my online experience, if u like add me to your PSN list and will play a few games and see if it makes a difference, my id is Black_Albino007

Scary question but what are the possibilities that Konami abandons PES and just quits ? After all, these sales are miserable and in order to continue to make game better you simply must have money. Money for licenses and other legal fees plus to pay all the employees, marketing etc. Not looking good for Konami and PES franchise. Online play is a big indicator that PES is a small community...

In fact I have asked myself the same thing a few times.
But is it really all about money?

I don´t think it´s because of the licenses only.
PES used to have that magic gameplay (might still have it) and having such few licenses only made it quite charming imho.

The thing that bugs me though is their way of developing.
Features get cut and brought back a few years later or never ever come back.
Their way of communicating to the customers is also awful.
Now they say THE KING IS BACK because they managed it to build a "working" gameplay...again.

Online mode hardly works (I´m on PC) and there are so many other issues with it. Core gameplay is good though, I agree.

But everything around it lacks of...I don´t know, I don´t wanna say competence, don´t know what it is.

I wish for them to get their things right and never abandon that franchise.

But maaayyybeee, just a thought:
Maybe merge with another company, so KONAMI can focus on nothing else but gameplay and faces while the other ones take care of presentation, marketing, visuals etc etc.

Or, how about selling that franchise to a game dev that handles it with some more diligence and a better communication with the customers.

Best with longtime hardcore PES fans on their team.

Like I said, just a thought.

Another two games just played another two losses due to one second lag.

This game could be so good if they sort out the lag...not likely though

I set about updating everything this weekend so that I could play a Master League and have international call-ups etc. (rather than having the fake players in the national teams).

Two solid days of work and then I realised that some licensed players are duplicated due to there being three versions of some South American teams for the different competitions they're in, spanning different seasons.

So I've no idea if half of the South American players I've linked up to their licensed counterparts are linked up to their 2014/2015 squad, or to last season's Copa Libertadores squad, or whatever. Not without editing every single player to have a year after their name, anyway.

Pretty shitty.

I set about updating everything this weekend so that I could play a Master League and have international call-ups etc. (rather than having the fake players in the national teams).

Two solid days of work and then I realised that some licensed players are duplicated due to there being three versions of some South American teams for the different competitions they're in, spanning different seasons.

So I've no idea if half of the South American players I've linked up to their licensed counterparts are linked up to their 2014/2015 squad, or to last season's Copa Libertadores squad, or whatever. Not without editing every single player to have a year after their name, anyway.

Pretty shitty.

Being a perfectionist is often useless when playing PES, Chris...

Off-topic: still a Tranmere Rovers fan ? Aren't they in League 2 now ?

Does anyone know why there is lag on PES games but not FIFA?

I've been playing FIFA online for years and rarely do I get any lag, PES on the other hand is a lag fest year after year.

I know that it has to do with the fact that I'm in OZ and play against Europeans but this is the case with FIFA as well and I get no lag in that game.

Any insights?

I guess no one knows!

Being a perfectionist is often useless when playing PES, Chris...

Off-topic: still a Tranmere Rovers fan ? Aren't they in League 2 now ?
I am and they are, but it's looking like we may drop even lower next season. They got their first win since August at the weekend. Times are tough - new owners, so the fear of going bust isn't so bad, but if we drop down another division it will be embarrassing (we were once within a stone's throw of the Premier League, before it was rebranded as the Premier League that is).

16,000-seater stadium and the average attendance at the moment is around 4,000. Such a waste. We seem to change squads each season too, nobody wants to stay. But you know, you can't change your allegiances (I'd like to see Liverpool win the Premier League a game of football, but other than that).

I guess no one knows!
I think it's a combination of two things. Netcode is one of the most difficult things to code, from what I hear, and from the looks of it the PES guys just aren't as good as other devs. I notice I don't have lag issues with any EA titles as a rule (where they share a lot of code and coders across different games), but I've (personally!) had lag in Ubisoft titles, GTA V and a few others by smaller studios than those I've just mentioned.

Also, if you measure offline input lag versus FIFA's input lag, you'll see that there's already a pretty massive difference (I've played PES solidly since release, yesterday I played FIFA against the CPU and it felt WEIRD AS HELL that as soon as I pressed the button, the guy kicked the ball).

This to me is clearly intentional, and either A) the CPU implementing a slight lag to calculate how to deal with the situation, B) the studio feel it's more realistic to implement time between the player knowing what he wants to do and moving his body to make the pass, C) animations are lasting longer than they should due to a lack of "blending", or D) a combination of all of the above.

I've got used to the lag now online - not that I think it's a great situation because it isn't, sometimes you get a pile-up of bodies because six players come together, all trying to kick the ball and running into each other because the lag won't let them.

Certainly something they need to look at but I doubt it will be this year, because it doesn't seem like a "bug". I think the offline input lag is intentional, and to eliminate input lag as much as possible would probably require a lot of work.

Last edited:

Pretty shitty.

It's very strange, and to be honest when trying to correct the National team squads of fake players (e.g. Croatia have fake players but you can put in the real Mandzukic and Srna as they are in their club teams) it's a real pain especially for the Latin American national teams with fake players. Also it seems they have the licence for the Brazilian League (club names, badges, kits) but not the players Sao Paulo's keeper is Rogerio Ceni, but in PES its something like "Rojelio". How they've managed to licence a club (indeed a whole league) but not its players is bizzare. It's like the opposite of the PL teams who have fake kits, badges and names but real players.

Also I think the reason why you are seeing 3 versions of some Latin American players (in Latin American clubs) is there is a domestic league version of the squad, a 2013 Sudamericana Cup squad and a 2014 Sudamericana squad. Another thing that causes a bit of a problem is the fake teams (PEU, PLA and PAS League teams like PES United, Blookrows etc) have players from countries whose national teams are in the game. This bloats out the national team squads, so I've gone in edited some of these teams (PES United etc) to legitimate teams like Dortmund, Hamburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Maribor, Basel etc) and for the fake players I've given them all Afghanistan nationality (first to click on in the country list). You could potentially do the same with the dupicates of Latin American players (give the Sudamericana 2013 and 2014 players Afghan/Tahiti or some similar nationality).

It's a really good game, very rewarding to play, but I wish they hadnt messed with the edit mode and fake teams so much.

It's a really good game, very rewarding to play, but I wish they hadnt messed with the edit mode and fake teams so much.
Yeah, this is my issue.

I think I've had it with the editing now. I haven't got it in me to edit all of the fake PEU etc. players into real players, and they all bleed into the ML, so I'm going to make them all 40-rated idiots who (hopefully) no club ever buys.

After that (and that will take long enough, it was taking me 6 minutes per team last night and there's what, 60 fake teams in total, so that's six hours), I'll correct the manager names where appropriate (completed Europe but then realised in horror that the licensed South American teams don't have licensed managers, and then there's the national teams).

I was going to correct the national team fake players names etc. too but it's just far far too much work (especially considering the fake South American players at the licensed clubs too). Not even bothered with the kits yet, and won't.

Talking of the fake players at licensed clubs, I was having a conversation last night and the question "how are they allowed to use real player names and faces at teams where they can't use the real team name or badge" came up. I didn't have an answer - if there's no FIFA/UEFA-style all-encompassing license, how are they allowed to do that?

It makes more sense that you have the license for a club name and badge but not the players, than it does that you can call the players by their real names without a license for their club...

Last edited:
It's very strange, and to be honest when trying to correct the National team squads of fake players (e.g. Croatia have fake players but you can put in the real Mandzukic and Srna as they are in their club teams) it's a real pain especially for the Latin American national teams with fake players. Also it seems they have the licence for the Brazilian League (club names, badges, kits) but not the players Sao Paulo's keeper is Rogerio Ceni, but in PES its something like "Rojelio". How they've managed to licence a club (indeed a whole league) but not its players is bizzare.

There was an issue with the player licenses here in brazil, the legislation here is very confuse and some lawyer contacted one player showing him a "hole" in the club-developers contract and they threated suing EA and Konami for image rights... EA decided to ditch the hole league, while Konami choose to put in the clubs + real players they could get contracts signed... thats why we might get more licensed players in future DLCs (DLC1 added a few teams like Santos for instance).

And yeh, the hole Sudamericana 13, Sudamericana 14 and Libertadores squads are a mess when it comes to ML... duplicated players, fake players and all....

Last edited:
Yeah, this is my issue.

I think I've had it with the editing now. I haven't got it in me to edit all of the fake PEU etc. players into real players, and they all bleed into the ML, so I'm going to make them all 40-rated idiots who (hopefully) no club ever buys.

The trouble is editing on consoles is pretty cumbersome too. Typing names takes ages, and they took out useful stuff (not just the pixel editor and the text-on-shirt stuff, but also the "base copy" kit feature, you literally have to do everything from scratch). They used to have a lot of City names in generic commentary (like Zagreb, Istanbul) but now they just (in my version) have German and UK Cities, towns. The shirt editor looks like it hasnt changed for almost a decade, and how come the limit is still five layers, if they upped it to 8 (which would hardly strain a new console like the PS4/Xbox One) then you could make so many more accurate kits. Croatia away, Japan home/away and Colombia home can all "nearly" be made but there are just 2-3 more layers (from the existing models) you would need.

I assume there is still no way of sharing option files on PS4/Xbox One?

im the same i really cba to do all this editing

think im just gonna head straight into my ML after i change the english team names...

just had a go at WE 9 FE on ps2 emu..keepers are solid, ai fouls, refs are solid and fair..why cant they just put that logic into PES15 it baffles me

just had a go at WE 9 FE on ps2 emu..keepers are solid, ai fouls, refs are solid and fair..why cant they just put that logic into PES15 it baffles me

its baffled me since the ps3 next gen era.

I dont see whats so hard about to take what was the game of pes5 then update gfx, animations, physics, collision model, 360 movement etc but keep everything else pretty much the same in terms of gameplay.

to me it sounds so simple.

Why cant konami do that?

Hell cant see why even some computer minded dudes cant just take the code for pes 5 and update it next gen?

im really not sure about the diff level of this game.

On top player i beat real madrid with porto and played with 9 men half the match.

I heard superstar is hard/fixed so thats annoying..

Pes on ps2 also had enjoyable/perfect diff lvsl dunno how they fuk eveyrthing up lol

I am and they are, but it's looking like we may drop even lower next season. They got their first win since August at the weekend. Times are tough - new owners, so the fear of going bust isn't so bad, but if we drop down another division it will be embarrassing (we were once within a stone's throw of the Premier League, before it was rebranded as the Premier League that is).

16,000-seater stadium and the average attendance at the moment is around 4,000. Such a waste. We seem to change squads each season too, nobody wants to stay. But you know, you can't change your allegiances (I'd like to see Liverpool win the Premier League a game of football, but other than that).

I think it's a combination of two things. Netcode is one of the most difficult things to code, from what I hear, and from the looks of it the PES guys just aren't as good as other devs. I notice I don't have lag issues with any EA titles as a rule (where they share a lot of code and coders across different games), but I've (personally!) had lag in Ubisoft titles, GTA V and a few others by smaller studios than those I've just mentioned.

Also, if you measure offline input lag versus FIFA's input lag, you'll see that there's already a pretty massive difference (I've played PES solidly since release, yesterday I played FIFA against the CPU and it felt WEIRD AS HELL that as soon as I pressed the button, the guy kicked the ball).

This to me is clearly intentional, and either A) the CPU implementing a slight lag to calculate how to deal with the situation, B) the studio feel it's more realistic to implement time between the player knowing what he wants to do and moving his body to make the pass, C) animations are lasting longer than they should due to a lack of "blending", or D) a combination of all of the above.

I've got used to the lag now online - not that I think it's a great situation because it isn't, sometimes you get a pile-up of bodies because six players come together, all trying to kick the ball and running into each other because the lag won't let them.

Certainly something they need to look at but I doubt it will be this year, because it doesn't seem like a "bug". I think the offline input lag is intentional, and to eliminate input lag as much as possible would probably require a lot of work.

Cheers man. The sad thing is that even with lag I cant stop playing the fucking thing. If lag was eliminated online then goodbye to my life.

I dont notice offline lag anyway, I think its realistic for the players to wind up their leg for a shot. Anyone who played real life football would know how important this is for a hard shot

e6a7e8c983cbc18035e34a5bd200a726.jpg

I mean, wtf?!
And why the hell does he have 4 top keepers?

nah, its simple, PES 5/WE9 was 4 years worth of tweaks and improvements from PES 1 so they had 4 years to refine that game. Not only that PES 1 was still built on the PSX system and engine so that game was refined in itself.

PES 2015 is like FIFA 08 on the xbox 360/ps3. its a game which is only in its 2nd iteration from scratch. consider the mess PES 2014 was in, the aim this year was a simple game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1S687pWlDw

This was the last good FIFA game for me apart from world cup 2010.

Refs and fouls are an obvious problem, but its easy to see why its a problem because the focus was just getting the game to play good and smoothly.

nah, its simple, PES 5/WE9 was 4 years worth of tweaks and improvements from PES 1 so they had 4 years to refine that game. Not only that PES 1 was still built on the PSX system and engine so that game was refined in itself.

PES 2015 is like FIFA 08 on the xbox 360/ps3. its a game which is only in its 2nd iteration from scratch. consider the mess PES 2014 was in, the aim this year was a simple game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1S687pWlDw

This was the last good FIFA game for me apart from world cup 2010.

Refs and fouls are an obvious problem, but its easy to see why its a problem because the focus was just getting the game to play good and smoothly.

ok thats talking about new engines..but why did konami not just improve engine rather than create new one?

Enhance physics, movement degrees, gfx, animations etc...but keep base gameplay engine the same?

ok thats talking about new engines..but why did konami not just improve engine rather than create new one?

Enhance physics, movement degrees, gfx, animations etc...but keep base gameplay engine the same?

i think its deeper than that as konami never really moved forward on the ps3 and that wasn't using the fox engine, they have never got to grips since moving away from the ps2 era. Im still wondering how locked down this game is, i had another couple of games of WE9 and the ball felt like it could go anywhere and deceive players, catch AI out of postilion but on PES 15 the AI is always perfectly placed (superstar) for every long ball and i wonder if the ball is sometimes locked, maybe loosely, on a trajectory/path.

The GK also get confused when you head the ball back at times - something so simple. And the amount of time a clean catch is on and they punch it. That was never an issue and surely the logic can't be hard to keep it the same

On WE9 i saw a clash in midfield between my midfielder and 2 AI midfielder and the ball spin off to my forward who was then through, again im yet to witness a freak moment like this on 15. Who knows maybe its because im only 30 or so games in.

Saying that this looks to be in the right direction and is a good game but no way is this next gen, its just badged as that. I'm hoping a patch will sort out some gripes but i havent seen any announcement as of yet

Last edited:
I just had one of those really bad games. The kind where you must turn the game off for fear of hating the game forever.

Lyon versus Lille. I was 2-0 up cruising and then it wound up as something like 5-4 before I just turned it off around the 70th minute mark.

I haven't played it in a week or so but have they patched it, or done something else to the game? I'm sure the game was far more tactical before and required some kind of thought behind attacking moves. The defending was just awful (almost non-existent) both for me and the computer and even worse I realised just how bad the CPU is on the ball. They get tackled far, far too easily and there's no excuse for it. Likewise, there's no excuse for how overpowered R2 shooting is in comparison to ordinary shooting inside the box.

I had various problems in this one game alone but the thing that made me quit was that my defender did that thing where, despite continuing to push the stick towards goal, they decided to stop for a split second at the moment the attacker received the throughball and hence gave them an advantage on goal. It's unexplainable (or is it?) and makes no sense (or does it?). I'm sure we've all been there but what gives? Just why is the AI so bad at tracking runs (both the opposition CPU and the ones on your team)? It ruins the game, especially when the game works against you trying to rectify such things through basic defending.

I've actually had problems with the defence from the start and I believe the game is very much in favour of moving players - which is usually players running towards goal rather than defenders tracking runs - but this game showcased exactly why the game's downfall this year is that the balance is completely skewed in favour of whoever is attacking.

20 hours gametime and I'm really not sure that any of the game's depth (which it does have!) makes up for this to be honest. It's rarely as bad as in this game but these kind of things do happen a lot.

Last edited:
Seems like you're on PS3/PS4 tho...im on 360..

Yeah im playing on PS4... but im also playing on PC.. not much difference except that the ps4 is ever so slightly smoother. The PC has the advantage of patching etc. Online wise... the ps4 version is better.. but again, ive only played against a guy who also lives in Canberra..and it was ok.. just slight decrease in response time.. ie. not quite same as offline experience.

Back
Top Bottom