PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

update animations, physics, collision model, 360 movement etc.

keep everything else pretty much the same in terms of gameplay.

No offense, but you just don't understand game engines/games development well enough. I don't know a lot either, but you've basically said 'make a lot of changes to the gameplay but keep the gameplay pretty much the same'. It's a contradiction.

Merely the addition of 360 movement would mean that the whole engine at least needs to be looked at if not changed a lot. Once they had established the degree of movement that would be allowed, presumably they built everything around that. It's a fundamental thing.

Maybe it would have been possible to create an engine/game which could easily be upgraded and bettered for the next 10 years, but in my opinion that's a pipe-dream, and it would have taken 5 times as long to create it in the first place.

PES5 is a great game, but it was great because all the components of the gameplay worked very well together. They were all developed at the same time, aware of each other's limitations. If you change one you must change the others too.

At the end of the day, if it were possible/easy to do what you suggest, Konami would probably do it in a heartbeat. Instant win/money. So we must assume that it is very difficult/impossible, and move on.

:OT::
I used to think that ISS 2 on the PSX was amazing. It was, but note the past tense. It is no longer amazing. I played it recently and I did not think 'this is amazing'. But I will always think 'this was amazing', because it was. In my opinion PES5 is still very good. But in another 10 years that will probably be downgraded to 'was'.

It's strange, because something like Sonic 1 is still very good, in my opinion. Probably because there has not been much advance in the 2D platforming genre.

I defy anyone to play the very old footy games (ISS 1/2) today and still genuinely enjoy the experience.

Challenge accepted?

Last edited:
No offense, but you just don't understand game engines/games development well enough. I don't know a lot either, but you've basically said 'make a lot of changes to the gameplay but keep the gameplay pretty much the same'. It's a contradiction.

Merely the addition of 360 movement would mean that the whole engine at least needs to be looked at if not changed a lot. Once they had established the degree of movement that would be allowed, presumably they built everything around that. It's a fundamental thing.

Maybe it would have been possible to create an engine/game which could easily be upgraded and bettered for the next 10 years, but in my opinion that's a pipe-dream, and it would have taken 5 times as long to create it in the first place.

PES5 is a great game, but it was great because all the components of the gameplay worked very well together. They were all developed at the same time, aware of each other's limitations. If you change one you must change the others too.

At the end of the day, if it were possible/easy to do what you suggest, Konami would probably do it in a heartbeat. Instant win/money. So we must assume that it is very difficult/impossible, and move on.

I used to think that ISS 2 on the PSX was amazing. It was, but note the past tense. It is no longer amazing. I played it recently and I did not think 'this is amazing'. But I will always think 'this was amazing', because it was. In my opinion PES5 is still very good. But in another 10 years that will probably be downgraded to 'was'.

It's strange, because something like Sonic 1 is still very good, in my opinion. Probably because there has not been much advance in the 2D platforming genre.

I defy anyone to play the very old footy games (ISS 1/2) today and still genuinely enjoy the experience.

Challenge accepted?

I get you change one thing and u need to change everything else to accomodate it...nostaligia is great pes5 is old man

fuk me im playin top player and with real betis i got celta vigo a top league team in the spanish cup...i thought now well see how hard game is..so 1st leg is away in vigo and i win 5-1 wtf!!!

I think i might need to go superstar im winning every game in the league as well..Im not into manual shooting personally and am 2 bar pasing which ill prob drop to 1 bar tbh.

I dont know why its so easy back on ps2 days i always found 3 stars a challenge and never even touched 4/5 stars...

I tried 2 games superstar last night and hard to judge as i was half asleep didnt find it that hard though i had a 1-1 and lost 2-0 it really wasnt tough games though....

So you are finding easy on Top Player on full manual? Man, I must be doing something wrong...maybe just need to practice more.

im doing the Italian league with Juve. I've been working away a lot so dont get much time on it but im just above mid table just under half way through the season but likely to get knocked out of champs league.

it took me a while to get used to manual shooting but now have around 70% accuracy with shots. Shooting is far too overpowered and im scoring far more goals outside of the area than in it.

Shooting might depend on the team though. Top teams with class players have better abilities, even if you are using manual. Have you experienced the same shooting accuracy with weaker teams?

So you are finding easy on Top Player on full manual? Man, I must be doing something wrong...maybe just need to practice more.

i dunno man i was always a 3star player on pes on the ps2 days but i noticed on pes 2013 and 2014 they were much easier BUT this one seems even easier.

Im not full manual at all i dont like manual...I just want the cpu to be more of a challenge.

If I can dominate on superstar also it means that the game will be pointless offline

It's complicated to discuss because you have the 'realism' crowd who see the game first and foremost as a replica of football and it doesn't seem that they typically think of it in terms of a video-game but I think it's an important thing to consider the balance of the game. People who play fighting games for instance conclude that for an excellent experience it's not always the case that the game becomes better with more content and better graphics; at a point, it becomes about how rewarding the game is based on how all the parts of it work in tandem with the other parts and hence how well things are balanced.

Speaking broadly, more variables might mean higher-realism but it also means more things and these things need to be balanced in order to keep the result a solid video-game experience. As football games have become more diverse it's meant more complexity and a harder job for the development to keep things in-control and PES 2015 definitely suffers from this in a way that PES 5 doesn't seem to - most notably in terms of how much easier attacking is compared to defending, which is something that's really bothering me.

Last edited:
Currently playing a ML and I'm in the 2nd division. I got drawn at home against Aston Villa in the 2nd round but the match was played at a neutral venue. I noticed at the end of the game I never got any gate receipts and this was a bit annoying as every penny counts in division 2. Does anyone know if this changes when you reach the top league or is it just another thing Konami have overlooked.

It's complicated to discuss because you have the 'realism' crowd who see the game first and foremost as a replica of football and it doesn't seem that they typically think of it in terms of a video-game but I think it's an important thing to consider the balance of the game. People who play fighting games for instance conclude that for an excellent experience it's not always the case that the game becomes better with more content and better graphics; at a point, it becomes about how rewarding the game is based on how all the parts of it work in tandem with the other parts and hence how well things are balanced.

Speaking broadly, more variables might mean higher-realism but it also means more things and these things need to be balanced in order to keep the result a solid video-game experience. As football games have become more diverse it's meant more complexity and a harder job for the development to keep things in-control and PES 2015 definitely suffers from this in a way that PES 5 doesn't seem to - most notably in terms of how much easier attacking is compared to defending.

This is why I don't exactly identify with people here who are wowed by how realistic the game can be at time. I kind of see a split between people who think that sports games are something entirely different from video-games altogether and those that don't.

I felt like this with the demo,that defending was clunky and horrible compared to attacking...now I enjoy it as much as attacking and it's more about using your shape,never letting the opposing forwards in behind you and reacting and seeing movement from the opposition and making sure you've got a man to cover that through ball,lofted cross or long ball.Fifa takes a different approach and is more about winning the ball rather then closing off channels and snuffing those angles and pockets of space that will have the opposition carving easily through you.

Using a midfielder to cover and protect the back four is also key when you can,and I found switching my dash to the trigger means I dont have that milesecond freeze that gives my opponent a yard which was common for me with the unresponsive clunky feel of the RB button.

Personally I think this is the best pes and it plays and reminds me alot of the old Iss games on the n64.

I haven't been able to play fifa15 for weeks as it just feels flat and lifeless and doesn't have that feeling the ball is a free entity like pes15.

For me this is the pes all future pes games will be compared to in time,bad passes can be punished in seconds and finally we have a football game again that rewards working the ball and patience.

I'm not saying it's perfect but for me it has the balance of being both sim like yet has that raw playability and enjoyment factor thats so missing in modern games with there presentation and obsession with over realism.

Sometimes less is more and percieved faults with the game are more the end user then the code.

Last edited:
Has anyone here actually got Share play to work with PES15? I still get that "region restric" error... but i read somewhere that the games are actually not blocked and this is a bug from PSN... today there is a new PSN update.. ill test it again once i can...

Heres the article that EA says they never blocked FIFA:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11/17/fifa-15-share-play-ps4-block_n_6171404.html

Some plp at pesfan forums also claimed shareplay worked for them with PES...

Just to inform to anyone interested, Shareplay still not working here :(

The people that will love and get the most out of pes15 are those that are always ahead of the play in there mind and are able to see possibilities as well as gauge and be ahead of what the opposition is doing.

That's is what konami always did so well and whats been so missing in the last 6 iterations.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to play fifa15 for weeks as it just feels flat and lifeless and doesn't have that feeling the ball is a free entity like pes15.

When playing fifa 15 me and my mate were like this is the best ever most flawless football game ever made. We couldnt get enough off it.

I bought Pes last week, put fifa 15 in for 2-3 games, couldnt get my head around how fake, plasticy, arcadey and unreal it felt...havent played it since.

This Pes makes fifa like the worst game ever yet before i played pes i said above comments lol...

If it werent for pro clubs id sell fifa

The people that will love and get the most out of pes15 are those that are always ahead of the play in there mind and are able to see possibilities as well as gauge and be ahead of what the opposition is doing.

That's is what konami always did so well and whats been so missing in the last 6 iterations.
A truly intelligent post took the words right out of my mouth

a truly intelligent post

a truly intelligent post

I felt like this with the demo,that defending was clunky and horrible compared to attacking...now I enjoy it as much as attacking and it's more about using your shape,never letting the opposing forwards in behind you and reacting and seeing movement from the opposition and making sure you've got a man to cover that through ball,lofted cross or long ball.Fifa takes a different approach and is more about winning the ball rather then closing off channels and snuffing those angles and pockets of space that will have the opposition carving easily through you.

Using a midfielder to cover and protect the back four is also key when you can,and I found switching my dash to the trigger means I dont have that milesecond freeze that gives my opponent a yard which was common for me with the unresponsive clunky feel of the RB button.

Personally I think this is the best pes and it plays and reminds me alot of the old Iss games on the n64.

For me this is the pes all future pes games will be compared to in time,bad passes can be punished in seconds and finally we have a football game again that rewards working the ball and patience.

I'm not saying it's perfect but for me it has the balance of being both sim like yet has that raw playability and enjoyment factor thats so missing in modern games with there presentation and obsession with over realism.

Sometimes less is more and percieved faults with the game are more the end user then the code.

I'll give this a go. Thanks!

Challenge accepted?

I faffed around with many football games throughout the '90s, including the ISS games, and to be honest I thought they were all pretty crap prior to the arrival of PES 2 after the turn of the century. That game was first football game to grab and hold my adult attention. Things really took off with PES 3.

What game modes are you playing on Superstar with full manual controls? It must be very challenging because I struggle on "Professional" and sometimes "Regular" playing with Manual controls. I read many say the game is too easy on these difficulties but not in may case. Guess I need to practice more!!

All game modes buddy, yeah does take a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a real joy to play, assistance settings restricts the passing which limits the individuality for each player, if your finding manual to hard, play on amateur or professional, cause those modes gives u a lot of time on the ball and u can try different types of passes. This is the best ever PES for me despite its negatives which there are quite a few. Good luck

i dunno man i was always a 3star player on pes on the ps2 days but i noticed on pes 2013 and 2014 they were much easier BUT this one seems even easier.

Im not full manual at all i dont like manual...I just want the cpu to be more of a challenge.

If I can dominate on superstar also it means that the game will be pointless offline

Mate if your finding the game too easy on superstar as well drop your pass assistance, game becomes a real challenge then, if u don't want to do that, then go to edit mode and make all the teams u play against to have aggressive front line pressure, which is what the older PES games had and if u find that too easy, control a 3 star side.

All game modes buddy, yeah does take a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a real joy to play, assistance settings restricts the passing which limits the individuality for each player, if your finding manual to hard, play on amateur or professional, cause those modes gives u a lot of time on the ball and u can try different types of passes. This is the best ever PES for me despite its negatives which there are quite a few. Good luck

I have always liked to play with manual controls. A totally different experience. More rewarding, more challenging. Speaking of game modes, have you had any luck playing competitions like Europa or Champion leagues? The CPU seem to be more difficult to beat on these modes. Just wondering how far you've been able to advanced playing in these competitions on full manual??

I just had an amazing PES moment. I was playing the kind of 2002 world cup (Squads are 2002-2003) with Argentina and i got China in the second round. The game was dominated by me, with lots of shots, close chances, etc. Lots of ball and lots of people going up the field while China waited back and counter attacked. The got their chances too and even scored the first goal of the game. I kept getting shots on target but missing. My players started to get tired and Aimar and D'Alessandro stop outrunning their markers so i had to start passing the ball around a lot. It was nearly the end of the game when i got the ball with Aimar in the las third, waited a bit and passed it to Crespo who was playing with the back to the goal, holding the ball against the defender. I tried to turn and pass to Saviola who was in good position but the defender put his leg in the middle and ball bounced. I decided to try to score with Crespon and I poorly shot, the ball was kind of deflected and got lose in the gk area. By that, Saviola ran into it and tipped just before the goalie and the game was tied. Then I won in penalties. It was quite an exciting game and the goal was marvellous.

I just keep having this moments. The game its simple. Much simpler than PES 2014, and has less things than PES 2013 I would say, but they nailed very basic stuff that make football a very deep game.

I have always liked to play with manual controls. A totally different experience. More rewarding, more challenging. Speaking of game modes, have you had any luck playing competitions like Europa or Champion leagues? The CPU seem to be more difficult to beat on these modes. Just wondering how far you've been able to advanced playing in these competitions on full manual??

yeah i played champions league only and controlled PSG, iv played the mode 3 times with the same team, first two didnt qualify group stages, on the 3rd go i made the QTR finals and lost 4-2 to bayern munich, yeah definately more difficult than normal but in a good way

I cant stand playing online with the available cameras. It just kills the fun for me not being able to zoom out more and see more of the field. Any word if they will patch this anytime soon??

I cant stand playing online with the available cameras. It just kills the fun for me not being able to zoom out more and see more of the field. Any word if they will patch this anytime soon??

I'm with you. Hope it will get patched soon. Just doesn't make any sense that they let us change it offline but not online. Unbelievable :TD:

No, the feedback has been shouted since PES 2014 release last year. It does not happen in 2015. Let alone a patch.

Strange thing is that more zoomed out tele only exist in replays.. :TTTH:

------

I probably misunderstand the discussion.

i'm struggling to find the desired level on master league. I started off on superstar with 1 bar passing and i was getting trounced every game. my record was something like P10. W1 D2 L7 so i took it down to top player...in the next 30 odd games i have won the majority and pushed myself up to 6th in the table, so i decided to go down to 0 bar passing.

Here's the thing though, I have been tweaking my formation throughout and i feel like i have managed to find a sweet spot so I can score similar goals every time. I play a fluid 4-5-1/4-3-3 and if i get the ball up to my centre forward and hold it up slightly. my wingers will come inside and attack the defenders where a simple through ball between the centre back and full back (who part as easy as yo momma's legs) plays him through for a shot on goal.

After a while it feels pretty cheap... the thing is though top player and 0 bars feels like my level, much more varying results now despite the easy goals.

not sure what to do. i will get killed on superstar and that wont be enjoyable. I can always change my tactic to avoid this sweet spot but that feels lame after i've done so well to find a killer formation.

hopefully two things that can be patched are AI defender positioning, and the other cheap way to score, an inswinging corner into the corridor of uncertainty between the keeper and the defence

The custom camera being unlocked online... I have three theories.

1) It's a genuine programming oversight (don't really believe that)
2) It caused frame-rate issues which, combined with online lag, was unacceptable
3) Someone considers it "cheating", to be able to see more of the pitch than the other guy

I wonder which one is the real reason.

2) It caused frame-rate issues which, combined with online lag, was unacceptable
3) Someone considers it "cheating", to be able to see more of the pitch than the other guy

They initially had it locked in last years game but then it got unlocked after an update. I'm sure it'll be the same this year

Nr 1 imho.

I remember when I had jenkeys file loader with the camera tool working and it worked online as well.
Didn´t notice any frame rate issues or lag or anything which would have caused more ressources.

Back
Top Bottom